Super Mario 100

Share your completed SMBX episodes or play and discuss others.
SBells27
Rex
Rex
Flair: Working on a new project right now.
Current Project: (Untitled SMBX Project)
Chat Username: SBells27

Super Mario 100

Postby SBells27 » Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:29 pm

Note: Please, I recommend this episode to be played on 1.3.0.1. In other versions, some features will be broken

Hey everyone! Because Super Mario All Stars is turning 25 years this year, I came up with an episode to celebrate it. It's an episode mainly based on Super Mario Bros. (All Stars), but combines things from other games (Like Bros. 3, World, 64 and even Galaxy). Even though this is my first episode, I had experience on mario level design a while back. There are 100 stars scrambled across the game, 70 of them being normal stars and 30 being secret stars. There are 10 worlds as well, each world including 6, 7 or 8 levels.

Download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/faq5aecpfcoe2 ... 0.rar?dl=0

Spoiler: show
Spoiler: show
If you have any issue with the game, or you want anything to be added, tell it to me! Constructive criticism is always welcomed!

Enjoy!
Last edited by SBells27 on Sun Jul 28, 2019 6:37 pm, edited 25 times in total.
SMBX YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJbYuy ... _z3srbCohQ
Join my Discord Server: https://discord.gg/xjbqCCj (General, smbx-related and my SM100 series disccussion)
Latest Bells's Episode: viewtopic.php?f=36&t=25034

Cedur
Toad
Toad

Re: Super Mario 100

Postby Cedur » Wed Oct 24, 2018 3:09 am

While not required by the rules, maybe add more screens to show what the worlds look like?
More Supports: show

Still using the legacy editor? Get SMBX2 and PGE, it will improve your experience significantly. Here's why. And remember, Yoshis are tools to be used and discarded.

ShadowStarX (06/14/18) wrote: South Korea is easy deal

Suckerman7 GM
Lakitu
Lakitu
Flair: A Mario Fan
Current Project: Writing lores for DrMekar's project, beta-testing...
Chat Username: Suckerman7 GM

Postby Suckerman7 GM » Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:52 am

This project looks interesting. You say there are 100 stars, but how many worlds and levels will be in here? 7? 8? At least give a specific number. Other than that, like Cedur said, give some info about the worlds (and its themes) so we'll understand how it will look like.

Otherwise, it looks pretty good and I hope this will become better than expected. :D

Scroll
Boom Boom
Boom Boom
Flair: Happy new decade
Current Project: Rosalina's Satellite (yet again)
Chat Username: Scroll#6292

Postby Scroll » Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:34 pm

Cedur wrote:
Wed Oct 24, 2018 3:09 am
While not required by the rules, maybe add more screens to show what the worlds look like?
Yes it's true. Only one screenshot is required but add more is better since the people would know more about how the episode is, and would be more sure if will download the episode or not.
Anyway it looks pretty interesting :D

Benjamin88
Spiny
Spiny
Chat Username: Benjamin

Postby Benjamin88 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:25 am

there doesn,t seem to be second star in the fifth level of the first world

SBells27
Rex
Rex

Postby SBells27 » Sat Oct 27, 2018 10:31 am

Benjamin88 wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:25 am
there doesn,t seem to be second star in the fifth level of the first world
Oh... my bad. I fixed the error and a few other minor stuff.

I pusblished version 1.1 right on top. For anyone who doesn't want to lose their save file, just copy the save file document on the SM100 file and paste it on the new version.

Image If you have no idea what i'm talking about.
Join my Discord Server: https://discord.gg/xjbqCCj (General, smbx-related and my SM100 series disccussion)

Suckerman7 GM
Lakitu
Lakitu

Postby Suckerman7 GM » Sun Oct 28, 2018 12:17 pm

I'm playing your episode at the moment, and I found some problems within the game. First thing's first, at Level 43, I couldn't find the secret star. I've checked the level editor, and there were no warps leading to them like usual. Did you forget to add the secret star, or it's a normal stage? And then, when I played the second level of World 8, both of the stars were shown as already gotten even though I didn't. Is that a bug?

Other than that, there aren't anything weird.

SBells27
Rex
Rex

Postby SBells27 » Sun Oct 28, 2018 3:15 pm

Suckerman7 GM wrote:
Sun Oct 28, 2018 12:17 pm
I'm playing your episode at the moment, and I found some problems within the game. First thing's first, at Level 43, I couldn't find the secret star. I've checked the level editor, and there were no warps leading to them like usual. Did you forget to add the secret star, or it's a normal stage? And then, when I played the second level of World 8, both of the stars were shown as already gotten even though I didn't. Is that a bug?

Other than that, there aren't anything weird.
Hm you're right about Level 43. I think I forgot to save the level after placing the secret star. As for Level 50? I accidently put the Level 15 file on Level 50, my mistake. I corrected both issues on version 1.2.

Thanks for the response!

Suckerman7 GM
Lakitu
Lakitu

Postby Suckerman7 GM » Mon Oct 29, 2018 6:15 am

Well hello there, again! I'd like to inform you that I've completed your episode! It took me 3 days, but I did it! All of these levels were well-made and scaling up with difficulty as it went. Especially the 1st part of the last level was really hard. It took me 5 attempts in total. It really tested all the gimmicks I've encountered so far such as Beat Blocks, Leaps of Faith and first-time-seen Switch Puzzle. The 2nd part of the level wasn't that hard. It was like, you made it this far, so try to keep up and beat Bowser once and for all! After I defeated Bowser, I thought Peach would say something very emotional like, "Mario! I knew it would be hard to come this far and save me! You are truly my hero! As a token of my appreciation, I'll give the final star!" But when I saw something else and simple, I was really disappointed, though. I died many times in World 9 and 10, and Peach says, "Thank you for saving me! Get this star as a reward."

Anyways, congrats on making this awesome episode! And I'd like to see more awesome stuff from you in the future! :D :D :D

Sapphire Bullet Bill
Blooper
Blooper
Current Project: Super Mario Bros. SMBX Edition

Postby Sapphire Bullet Bill » Mon Oct 29, 2018 6:47 pm

This is definitely better than my first episode.

Scroll
Boom Boom
Boom Boom
Flair: Happy new decade
Current Project: Rosalina's Satellite (yet again)
Chat Username: Scroll#6292

Postby Scroll » Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:01 pm

Now you added more screenshots, this looks very, very interesting! I really like SMB1-styled levels. I'll download this soon ;)

SBells27
Rex
Rex

Postby SBells27 » Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:47 pm

Suckerman7 GM wrote:
Mon Oct 29, 2018 6:15 am
Well hello there, again! I'd like to inform you that I've completed your episode! It took me 3 days, but I did it! All of these levels were well-made and scaling up with difficulty as it went. Especially the 1st part of the last level was really hard. It took me 5 attempts in total. It really tested all the gimmicks I've encountered so far such as Beat Blocks, Leaps of Faith and first-time-seen Switch Puzzle. The 2nd part of the level wasn't that hard. It was like, you made it this far, so try to keep up and beat Bowser once and for all! After I defeated Bowser, I thought Peach would say something very emotional like, "Mario! I knew it would be hard to come this far and save me! You are truly my hero! As a token of my appreciation, I'll give the final star!" But when I saw something else and simple, I was really disappointed, though. I died many times in World 9 and 10, and Peach says, "Thank you for saving me! Get this star as a reward."

Anyways, congrats on making this awesome episode! And I'd like to see more awesome stuff from you in the future! :D :D :D
Hey there! I'm glad you liked the episode! And also, congrats for being the first person to complete it as well :p I was planning to put Switch Puzzle in previous levels but at the end of the day it just appeared on the last level lol.

If you're looking forward to see more stuff from me, I'm probably making a sequel to this game on 2019, so stay tuned for that :P

joelcanciones
Rex
Rex

Postby joelcanciones » Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:46 pm

Hi: can someone help me with this episdoe please? Whad do I need to do in the castle of world 10 after dropping Bowser in the lava? I keep getting stuck where bowser inside some blocks is. (after the bridge I cut with the axe.) Thanks in advence for your help.

SBells27
Rex
Rex

Postby SBells27 » Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:24 pm

Hey everyone, I'm officially announcing that a sequel is on the works! It is planned to be released in late 2019.

Cedur
Toad
Toad

Postby Cedur » Tue Feb 05, 2019 3:37 am

Welcome back! How large is it going to be?

I always care about quantity
More Supports: show

Still using the legacy editor? Get SMBX2 and PGE, it will improve your experience significantly. Here's why. And remember, Yoshis are tools to be used and discarded.

ShadowStarX (06/14/18) wrote: South Korea is easy deal

Amine Retro
Purple Yoshi Egg
Purple Yoshi Egg
Chat Username: Bench-kun

Postby Amine Retro » Tue Feb 05, 2019 7:58 am

late 2019? wow, you must be fast at making levels.
my signature
my discord server. we have a WIP episode there too, so you can join if you're interested.
i support: show

dericobanjo
Spiny
Spiny
Flair: Try out Super Sackboy 64 in LBP3!
Chat Username: dericobanjo

Postby dericobanjo » Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:13 pm

joelcanciones wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:46 pm
Hi: can someone help me with this episdoe please? Whad do I need to do in the castle of world 10 after dropping Bowser in the lava? I keep getting stuck where bowser inside some blocks is. (after the bridge I cut with the axe.) Thanks in advence for your help.
Same, I killed him with fire ball first and the bridge dissapeared and it killed me in the lava, lol, but when I try again, I go imidiatly to the hammer to make the bridge dissapeared and kill bowser so I go to the next room and there nothing exept a NPC Bowser in some block and nothing to do, help? Is it in level 69 and I have 98 stars, almmost beat the episode.

SBells27
Rex
Rex

Postby SBells27 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:15 pm

dericobanjo wrote:
Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:13 pm
joelcanciones wrote:
Same, I killed him with fire ball first and the bridge dissapeared and it killed me in the lava, lol, but when I try again, I go imidiatly to the hammer to make the bridge dissapeared and kill bowser so I go to the next room and there nothing exept a NPC Bowser in some block and nothing to do, help? Is it in level 69 and I have 98 stars, almmost beat the episode.
Are you playing in 1.3.01, or a different version?

SBells27
Rex
Rex

Postby SBells27 » Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:00 pm

SBells27 wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:15 pm
dericobanjo wrote:
Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:13 pm
joelcanciones wrote:
Are you playing in 1.3.01, or a different version?
Nevermind what I said, the issue was actually there. I deeply apologize. The episode is updated now!

Part of why i'm currently working on a sequel is to correct the mistakes from the original. Even though I felt I did a good job with the level design, I rushed it up a bit to release it on my birthday (October 23rd) and so some problems came along the way. Not only that, but because I want to explore more level themes in the sequel and add some new features as well (and increase the advertising too).

Core
Grinder
Grinder
Flair: Trans <3 She/her

Postby Core » Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:37 am

I don't know if i should take episode's trailer seriously.
Join NSMBX's official server! - https://discord.gg/RMYdYfX

Return to “Episodes”