Super Mario 100

Share your completed SMBX episodes or play and discuss others.
Cedur
Toad
Toad

Re: Super Mario 100

Postby Cedur » Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:38 am

Chorpe wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:37 am
I don't know if i should take episode's trailer seriously.

what is there to be not taken seriously?
More Supports: show

Still using the legacy editor? Get SMBX2 and PGE, it will improve your experience significantly. Here's why. And remember, Yoshis are tools to be used and discarded.

ShadowStarX (06/14/18) wrote: South Korea is easy deal

Core
Grinder
Grinder
Flair: Trans <3 She/her

Postby Core » Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:14 am

Cedur wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:38 am
Chorpe wrote:

Looks poor (video montage mostly), also those MS Paint recordings.
Join NSMBX's official server! - https://discord.gg/RMYdYfX

PixelPest
Link
Link
Flair: Tamer of Boom Booms
Current Project: Boom Boom Evolution
Chat Username: PixelPest

Postby PixelPest » Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:32 am

Chorpe wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:14 am
Cedur wrote:
Chorpe wrote:

It's not the best but it seems pretty serious to me. Trailers are mostly video montages so idk what your problem with it is

Core
Grinder
Grinder

Postby Core » Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:57 am

PixelPest wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:32 am
Chorpe wrote:
Cedur wrote:

It's not the best but it seems pretty serious to me. Trailers are mostly video montages so idk what your problem with it is
It's absolutely fine if you take it serious, just i think it looks poor and absurd (ahem, ms paint recordings) imo

Eri7
Banned
Flair: Good Foundation allows for strong Execution
Current Project: Producer of the Novaverse
Chat Username: Eri7

Postby Eri7 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:34 pm

Chorpe wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:57 am
PixelPest wrote:
Chorpe wrote:

It's absolutely fine if you take it serious, just i think it looks poor and absurd (ahem, ms paint recordings) imo
Not everyone starts out being good, everyone has to take their first step into getting in different things like making trailers, this might be his first trailer that he has ever made so to me, he took the first step and put efforts into it, it might not show because we are used to seeing very quality stuff get made very easily but for him, it might have been an achievement which we shouldn't just ignore so i would say the trailer might not be something special, its far better than nothing and i respect the fact that the creator has put his time into learning on how to make a trailer in order to be able to further advertise his project in new ways.

Electriking
Flair: I have NO idea what to put here
Current Project: Something
Chat Username: ElectriKing

Postby Electriking » Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:39 pm

I thought episode/level/project threads were about discussing how good the level is, not about good the trailer is.
Last edited by Electriking on Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SMM2 ID: JJF-P7G-FSF

Eri7
Banned

Postby Eri7 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:42 pm

Electriking wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:39 pm
I thought project threads were about discussing how good the level is, not about good the trailer is.
Trailers are still related to episodes/project so we can talk about them, i don't see a problem with that. Advertisement is kind a big thing if you are new to the community and you want a lot of people to play your levels/episode.

Electriking
Flair: I have NO idea what to put here
Current Project: Something
Chat Username: ElectriKing

Postby Electriking » Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:20 pm

Eri7 wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:42 pm
Electriking wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:39 pm
I thought project threads were about discussing how good the level is, not about good the trailer is.
Trailers are still related to episodes/project so we can talk about them, i don't see a problem with that. Advertisement is kind a big thing if you are new to the community and you want a lot of people to play your levels/episode.
The trailer does a good enough job at showing what the episode has. How good your marketing for your episode has little (if any) correlation with how many people will download it. The best way to get people to play is to show that your episode is good, which the trailer achieves (as well as screenshots).

Making a good trailer takes time, the same time that is also spent on making levels, and everything else. The levels are the most important part of the episode. Everything else (trailers, logos etc) are just optional extras and novelties that only serve to make the topic look a bit nicer, but ultimately doing those things well probably takes more effort than there are more players that become interested than if it was just a few screenshots, some information and a download link. The biggest reason to do a trailer is if you want to do it.
SMM2 ID: JJF-P7G-FSF

Eri7
Banned

Postby Eri7 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:28 pm

Well yeah you are right about that but still, if you don't advertise well your episode, not many people will be interested.
Compare an episode topic which contains barely any information about the episode and the screenshot are taken on uninteresting places in the levels and the creator doesn't try to interact with his players and then an episode topic which looks very nice with different unique elements to make it look like a interesting smbx episode and by providing various kinds of information to make the episode interesting to other people, then combine that with screenshots taken on interesting parts in the level, a banner which other people and you can use to advertise the episode to other people and a trailer to show off gameplay in motion. I think advertisement plays a big role in certain circumstances but as you said, its only for novelty and if you really have the desire to do it.

Core
Grinder
Grinder

Postby Core » Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:30 pm

Eri7 wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:34 pm
Chorpe wrote:
PixelPest wrote:

Not everyone starts out being good, everyone has to take their first step into getting in different things like making trailers, this might be his first trailer that he has ever made so to me, he took the first step and put efforts into it, it might not show because we are used to seeing very quality stuff get made very easily but for him, it might have been an achievement which we shouldn't just ignore so i would say the trailer might not be something special, its far better than nothing and i respect the fact that the creator has put his time into learning on how to make a trailer in order to be able to further advertise his project in new ways.
Oh, i guess you want to hear a tips to him from me? here you go:
1. Take a good look at good trailers (in our situation it's game trailers),i would recommend game trailers from nintendo. You will learn stuff from it.
2. Learn about video montages programmes, such as Sony Vegas Pro or After Effects, and use them to make trailers. It's always good to have a good programm with you.
I want him to improve.

Eri7
Banned

Postby Eri7 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:53 pm

Chorpe wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:30 pm
Eri7 wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:34 pm
Chorpe wrote:

Oh, i guess you want to hear a tips to him from me? here you go:
1. Take a good look at good trailers (in our situation it's game trailers),i would recommend game trailers from nintendo. You will learn stuff from it.
2. Learn about video montages programmes, such as Sony Vegas Pro or After Effects, and use them to make trailers. It's always good to have a good programm with you.
I want him to improve.
Great, im happy you are contributing to the topic. Lets hope the creator of the episode sees it and decide if he has the desire to improve his trailer.

SBells27
Rex
Rex
Flair: Working on a new project right now.
Current Project: (Untitled SMBX Project)
Chat Username: SBells27

Postby SBells27 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:42 pm

I apreciate the comments directed towards that little trailer I made, and it's good that people let me know about it. For the sequel, I'll ask someone's help to record some footage considering my pc is a little too old (I basically had to use a more poor program to record the gameplay, aTubeCatcher). But thanks for the response, everyone (;
SMBX YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJbYuy ... _z3srbCohQ
Join my Discord Server: https://discord.gg/xjbqCCj (General, smbx-related and my SM100 series disccussion)
Latest Bells's Episode: viewtopic.php?f=36&t=25034

Core
Grinder
Grinder

Postby Core » Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:41 am

SBells27 wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:42 pm
I apreciate the comments directed towards that little trailer I made, and it's good that people let me know about it. For the sequel, I'll ask someone's help to record some footage considering my pc is a little too old (I basically had to use a more poor program to record the gameplay, aTubeCatcher). But thanks for the response, everyone (;
Thanks for response, i wish you luck.

Scroll
Boom Boom
Boom Boom
Flair: Happy new decade
Current Project: Rosalina's Satellite (yet again)
Chat Username: Scroll#6292

Postby Scroll » Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:45 pm

Chorpe wrote:
Why? It looks decent for me

Cedur
Toad
Toad

Postby Cedur » Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:48 pm

VanillaDude wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:45 pm
Chorpe wrote:

we already discussed this above.
More Supports: show

Still using the legacy editor? Get SMBX2 and PGE, it will improve your experience significantly. Here's why. And remember, Yoshis are tools to be used and discarded.

ShadowStarX (06/14/18) wrote: South Korea is easy deal

Scroll
Boom Boom
Boom Boom
Flair: Happy new decade
Current Project: Rosalina's Satellite (yet again)
Chat Username: Scroll#6292

Postby Scroll » Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:33 pm

Cedur wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:48 pm
VanillaDude wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:45 pm
Chorpe wrote:

we already discussed this above.
I did not realize that, sorry

dericobanjo
Spiny
Spiny
Flair: Try out Super Sackboy 64 in LBP3!
Chat Username: dericobanjo

Postby dericobanjo » Sun Jun 09, 2019 1:46 pm

The new version made the 69th level working so i have got all 100 stars, I really liked this episode but the last level was a real pain, it was extremely long and hard with no checkpoint with a hard final boss in the same level, I had to play it with the bomber guy (Hes a playable character in SMBX2) and it even took me alot of try before I beated it and a good advice with the red dot 2 stars level would be maiby put 2 different path to the next level so we can know if i got all 2 stars in the level, maiby put a SMB3 item box to end the level next to the secret stars to make the secret path appear, just a way to know wich level we got all 2 stars for those who play straigh forward and want to 100% it after, but the rest is reallly fun, I hope to see your next episode soon :)

SBells27
Rex
Rex
Flair: Working on a new project right now.
Current Project: (Untitled SMBX Project)
Chat Username: SBells27

Postby SBells27 » Tue Jul 02, 2019 8:12 am

Little sneak peek for the upcoming sequel:

SMBX YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJbYuy ... _z3srbCohQ
Join my Discord Server: https://discord.gg/xjbqCCj (General, smbx-related and my SM100 series disccussion)
Latest Bells's Episode: viewtopic.php?f=36&t=25034

MegaDood
Birdo
Birdo
Current Project: Super Mario Bros. Twisted Realities
Chat Username: Mega

Postby MegaDood » Thu Jul 04, 2019 2:11 am

Oh wow that was fast! I hope your next project goes well.
My Project:
I don't really have a signature but here's what I support:

cato
Ripper II
Ripper II
Flair: Creative, opinionated, but poor expression
Current Project: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
Chat Username: Cato

Postby cato » Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:05 am

Quick review:
Pros:
Level design is classic.
Diversified themes for each level.
There are some levels with a cool gimmick.
Balanced difficulties changes such as having each enemy gradually become unkillable by flames.
Nice variety of music
The tank levels are well-designed ( But yet so difficult )

Cons:
Bosses are lame.
Level Difficulty skyrocketed after world 9. ( Early world requires me only 10 mins per world while late world requires me 30 mins )
Total stars that I can get is 97, assuming I got all the obvious one, which causes problems in SMBX %progress (180%+)
The levels with the secret star are annoying. ( The worst is that Pipe level where you have to search all the pipes )
The level with red coins is the only levels hindering my progress, there is one red coin not labelled "Layer empty", causing the star not to spawn.
The last level is really different, one death sends you back to the beginning ( No checkpoint ), besides, putting a level 2 link in level 1 causes the player to replay level 1 if he/she dies in level 2.
The "warp back" to world 1 sucks because it doesn't create a shortcut travelling from world 1 to world 5/7.
World map pathing doesn't look good.

( 6/10 )

Return to “Episodes”