Mystic Atlus

Share your completed SMBX episodes or play and discuss others.
Cedur
Toad
Toad

Re: Mystic Atlus

Postby Cedur » Sun Sep 01, 2019 5:15 am

SDA - SMBX wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 5:13 am
Well, in my opinion this episode is a little strange, but cool anyway. I have added it already in my episodes' folder.

This 'strangeness' is what makes it so excellent. Have fun, this will occupy you for many days.
More Supports: show

Still using the legacy editor? Get SMBX2 and PGE, it will improve your experience significantly. Here's why. And remember, Yoshis are tools to be used and discarded.

ShadowStarX (06/14/18) wrote: South Korea is easy deal

SDA - SMBX
Mega Mole
Mega Mole
Flair: Legacy Editor FTW, PGE FTL
Current Project: Worldwide Adventure (I still need to make the levels, though... -_-)
Chat Username: S.D.A.

Postby SDA - SMBX » Sun Sep 01, 2019 5:17 am

Cedur wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 5:15 am
SDA - SMBX wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 5:13 am
Well, in my opinion this episode is a little strange, but cool anyway. I have added it already in my episodes' folder.

This 'strangeness' is what makes it so excellent. Have fun, this will occupy you for many days.
I first need to complete Airship Attack. It's also entertaining me.
And yes, one time or another I'm gonna play this. Absolutely.
"God damn, why I'm not out of this forum yet?"
Another thing I wanted to add in my signature. GRR...

stageleft
Ripper II
Ripper II
Flair: Cinnamon & Sugar

Postby stageleft » Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:57 am

I know I said Mystic Atlus was complete but I uploaded a final patch today. I promise this is the last one. Some of the storyline didn't sound right with certain events.
It's not an essential patch just makes the intro smoother and changed some bad writing.

-Patched-
Introduction story fix/The Mushroom Genie Intro fixed
Trippin Hammer Bros Polish
St Fubbins Brickhouse torch recolor
GFX/Boss brick layer removed in Turbulent Tabernacle

SDA - SMBX
Mega Mole
Mega Mole
Current Project: Worldwide Adventure (I still need to make the levels, though... -_-)

Postby SDA - SMBX » Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:24 am

stageleft wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:57 am
I know I said Mystic Atlus was complete but I uploaded a final patch today. I promise this is the last one. Some of the storyline didn't sound right with certain events.
It's not an essential patch just makes the intro smoother and changed some bad writing.

-Patched-
Unfortunately I downloaded the second-last patch of the episode. Like, I did it YESTERDAY BEFORE YOU RELEASED THIS OTHER PATCH.

Cedur
Toad
Toad

Postby Cedur » Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:28 am

SDA - SMBX wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:24 am
stageleft wrote:

-Patched-
Unfortunately I downloaded the second-last patch of the episode. Like, I did it YESTERDAY BEFORE YOU RELEASED THIS OTHER PATCH.

Then just redownload and overwrite. Even if you already played a few levels (I suppose not), you could grab the .sav file and put it into the latest patch, as there are no changes on the world map.

Still using the legacy editor? Get SMBX2 and PGE, it will improve your experience significantly. Here's why. And remember, Yoshis are tools to be used and discarded.

SDA - SMBX
Mega Mole
Mega Mole

Postby SDA - SMBX » Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:35 am

Cedur wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:28 am
SDA - SMBX wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:24 am
stageleft wrote:

-Patched-

Then just redownload and overwrite. Even if you already played a few levels (I suppose not), you could grab the .sav file and put it into the latest patch, as there are no changes on the world map.
Absolutely no, I didn't. I'm not going to play any other episode before I complete Airship Attack. But I played the levels of Mystic Atlus in the level editor, without making any save file.

stageleft
Ripper II
Ripper II

Postby stageleft » Mon Sep 02, 2019 2:20 pm

Sorry to the 75 that downloaded the last patch. It is quite easy to update and not entirely necessary though. If anyone was to make a speed run or playthrough this opening will look a bit better.
I've begun on a new episode now that the icing is on the cake so to speak.

Cedur
Toad
Toad

Postby Cedur » Tue Sep 03, 2019 6:46 am

btw where would you consider World 3 to begin?

SDA - SMBX
Mega Mole
Mega Mole

Postby SDA - SMBX » Tue Sep 03, 2019 7:56 am

stageleft wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 2:20 pm
Sorry to the 75 that downloaded the last patch. It is quite easy to update and not entirely necessary though. If anyone was to make a speed run or playthrough this opening will look a bit better.
That "75" was me? Well, no problem. I wasn't expecting another patch to come after the last one, either.

Cedur
Toad
Toad

Postby Cedur » Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:14 am

SDA - SMBX wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 7:56 am
stageleft wrote:
That "75" was me? Well, no problem. I wasn't expecting another patch to come after the last one, either.

That 75 was you and 74 other people.

SDA - SMBX
Mega Mole
Mega Mole

Postby SDA - SMBX » Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:18 am

Cedur wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:14 am
SDA - SMBX wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 7:56 am
stageleft wrote:

That 75 was you and 74 other people.
75 people (and me) downlading the last patch. OK...

Added in 29 seconds:
I am downloading the new one btw.

SDA - SMBX
Mega Mole
Mega Mole

Postby SDA - SMBX » Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:36 am

Added! Finally.

Cedur
Toad
Toad

Postby Cedur » Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:15 am

Also sorry to bug you once more but on the world settings it says "total stars: 0". Which might be the reason why the progress counter goes beyond 100%.
Also why the heck were Luigi and Peach disabled in the first place? I played almost only as Luigi in my last playthroughs because Mario's jump is too short on many many occasions. And when starting a new session I usually had to visit a "stage right" to switch because Mario was small and power-ups would be lost when using pause (that's just how SMBX2 works). tl;dr there's no reason for this character disabling

SDA - SMBX
Mega Mole
Mega Mole

Postby SDA - SMBX » Wed Sep 04, 2019 12:31 pm

Cedur wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:15 am
Also sorry to bug you once more but on the world settings it says "total stars: 0". Which might be the reason why the progress counter goes beyond 100%.
Also why the heck were Luigi and Peach disabled in the first place? I played almost only as Luigi in my last playthroughs because Mario's jump is too short on many many occasions. And when starting a new session I usually had to visit a "stage right" to switch because Mario was small and power-ups would be lost when using pause (that's just how SMBX2 works). tl;dr there's no reason for this character disabling
But I did not even start the game. Is it really a glitch?

Cedur
Toad
Toad

Postby Cedur » Wed Sep 04, 2019 1:29 pm

SDA - SMBX wrote:But I did not even start the game. Is it really a glitch?

This is directed to stageleft, not you. This is also not about glitches.

Character disabling is intentional from the author. Then again I wonder why he did this when you can access Luigi and Peach from in-game stages. Disabling Link would be enough.

Characters transferring their power-up state when being switched on the world map is intentional by the devs. In 1.3.0.1's state you would just switch to the new character and use their state, meaning that you could save strong power-ups on other characters. In this case the point is the following. Assume Mario stays small while I play as Luigi, and I exit the game and have Luigi in a good state. Since I CANNOT choose Luigi to start with, I would have to continue as small Luigi if I switch to him via pause menu. Hence I sincerely request to make Luigi (and Peach) choosable from the beginning.

SDA - SMBX
Mega Mole
Mega Mole

Postby SDA - SMBX » Wed Sep 04, 2019 3:34 pm

Cedur wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 1:29 pm
SDA - SMBX wrote:But I did not even start the game. Is it really a glitch?

This is directed to stageleft, not you. This is also not about glitches.

Character disabling is intentional from the author. Then again I wonder why he did this when you can access Luigi and Peach from in-game stages. Disabling Link would be enough.

Characters transferring their power-up state when being switched on the world map is intentional by the devs. In 1.3.0.1's state you would just switch to the new character and use their state, meaning that you could save strong power-ups on other characters. In this case the point is the following. Assume Mario stays small while I play as Luigi, and I exit the game and have Luigi in a good state. Since I CANNOT choose Luigi to start with, I would have to continue as small Luigi if I switch to him via pause menu. Hence I sincerely request to make Luigi (and Peach) choosable from the beginning.
Oh, sorry, you could have explained better before.

stageleft
Ripper II
Ripper II

Postby stageleft » Fri Sep 06, 2019 4:36 pm

SDA-SMBX I'm glad you have still decided to get the updated this episode might be more your speed as well its not an overly difficult episode. There are some challenges as you progress farther in though.

Cedur, so thats interesting I always wondered what that star count on in the map edit section meant.. maybe it is why it goes beyond 100%. Still I probably won't update again because it would be pretty annoying always having to update.
Although there is still a few things I could fix. Theres a graphical error in Lake Banook. The platform mushrooms have an incorrect m.gif file. Also in the big world levels a few of them still have small bullet bills that shoot from the cannons.
About the character restriction, since the episode is intended for 1.3 it worked well for storing strong power-ups on Luigi and the Princess and gave an extra secret to unlock. Every level in the game was tested using Mario so its all completeable no matter who you've got. However there might be a few secrets only Luigi or The Princess can reach, but mostly its just small shortcuts. I was unaware that 2.0 didn't allow to keep power-ups that really sucks and kind of breaks the game's character mechanics. Do you think I should somehow remedy this? It would make the stage right bonus's obsolete.

Cedur
Toad
Toad

Postby Cedur » Fri Sep 06, 2019 4:46 pm

I'm afraid the Stage Right's are indeed obsolete. Also I'm again reminding you of my question as to where World 3 begins as I'm trying to categorize the levels

stageleft
Ripper II
Ripper II

Postby stageleft » Fri Sep 06, 2019 5:47 pm

Ah yes, World 3 begins at Tube-U-Lure. Its the first level of World 3. It was somewhat vague as to where it began exactly.

Cedur
Toad
Toad

Postby Cedur » Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:15 am

Alright, the level list is finally done! Are you ok with it being published?

Return to “Episodes”