Super Mario 2D Universe X [1.4.4/1.4.5]

Share your completed SMBX episodes or play and discuss others.
Enjl
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Posts: 8741
Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:58 pm
Flair: Orphion Egamalenitar Osmos IV, Esq.

Re: Super Mario 2D Universe X [1.4.4] (PATCH 1 RELEASED)

Postby Enjl » Wed Apr 22, 2020 4:02 am

Keroro04 wrote:
Wed Apr 22, 2020 2:06 am
Ah darn. In that case I can't seem to find any 2.0 Episode at all for Beta 4.
More episodes are bound to come out as time passes. The version released a few months ago, and episodes usually take longer than a few months to create.
Ideas are useless if you can't make them real.
Image

User avatar
Cedur
Toad
Toad
Posts: 6492
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:14 am

Re: Super Mario 2D Universe X [1.4.4] (PATCH 1 RELEASED)

Postby Cedur » Wed Apr 22, 2020 4:17 am

If you just browse a bit you'll find a couple of threads that state to require Beta 4 in the post or even in the thread title:

A SMBX Episode by Speedie
Neon Stars Chaos by SMBXFanBoi2013 aka DudSans2005
Mario and Luigi's Island by TheBigMonster
Restored Hope by WilliamTehLynx
BESTIFIED - THE POWER OF STYLE by Sancles-Chan
Shidomaru's Revenge by Shidomaru

And yeah there's way way more to come
Image
More Supports: show

Image
Image

Still using the legacy editor? Get SMBX2 and PGE, it will improve your experience significantly. Here's why. And remember, Yoshis are tools to be used and discarded.

ShadowStarX (06/14/18) wrote: South Korea is easy deal

Keroro04
Fighter Fly
Fighter Fly
Posts: 63
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:59 pm

Re: Super Mario 2D Universe X [1.4.4] (PATCH 1 RELEASED)

Postby Keroro04 » Wed Apr 22, 2020 4:21 am

Thanks!

User avatar
Eduardo_R_H
Cheep-Cheep
Cheep-Cheep
Posts: 19
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2020 12:27 pm

Re: Super Mario 2D Universe X [1.4.4] (PATCH 1 RELEASED)

Postby Eduardo_R_H » Sat May 02, 2020 12:59 pm

2-bonus looks unfinished. After the section where you drop down the three sets of blocks there's just a big gap and nothing else. Tried looking in the editor, moved the spawnpoint to section 1, and it's blocked by tanooki stone blocks. Removed them in the editor, first section is impossible due to there being nothing to stand on when the blue and red blocks dissapear. Rest of the episode is nice so far, except for some cutoff in a handful of levels

Edit: Reached 3-6, literally unplayable due to "an error in the script". Sends me back to the title screen each time.

Edit 2: The 3rd star in 3-castle isn't mapped correctly, instead shows up as the 2nd one. Had to correct it in the editor as well
Last edited by Eduardo_R_H on Thu May 21, 2020 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Day 564 in the search for a good complete 38A TeaScript tutorial

User avatar
YoshiSuperstar
Blooper
Blooper
Posts: 184
Joined: Fri Apr 07, 2017 2:16 pm
Flair: Hi. I like to make stuff.
Contact:

Re: Super Mario 2D Universe X [1.4.4] (PATCH 1 RELEASED)

Postby YoshiSuperstar » Sat May 09, 2020 6:07 am

Eduardo_R_H wrote:
Sat May 02, 2020 12:59 pm
2-bonus looks unfinished. After the section where you drop down the three sets of blocks there's just a big gap and nothing else. Tried looking in the editor, moved the spawnpoint to section 1, and it's blocked by tanooki stone blocks. Removed them in the editor, first section is impossible due to there being nothing to stand on when the blue and red blocks dissapear. Rest of the episode is nice so far, except for some cutoff in a handful of levels

Edit: Reached 3-6, literally unplayable due to "an error in the script". Sends me back to the title screen each time.
2-bonus as well as the secret final level are being removed in patch 2. This is because 2-bonus had a flaw where it was hard to play if you were to take damage or pause the game. I was working on a new version although I stopped doing that. Turns out I forgot to remove it in patch 1. Also, which version are playing in? In 1.4.4 patch 2 I didn't discover an error in 3-6.
Heya!
Support:
Spoiler: show
Image
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
Eduardo_R_H
Cheep-Cheep
Cheep-Cheep
Posts: 19
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2020 12:27 pm

Re: Super Mario 2D Universe X [1.4.4] (PATCH 1 RELEASED)

Postby Eduardo_R_H » Sat May 09, 2020 6:43 am

YoshiSuperstar wrote:
Sat May 09, 2020 6:07 am
2-bonus as well as the secret final level are being removed in patch 2. This is because 2-bonus had a flaw where it was hard to play if you were to take damage or pause the game. I was working on a new version although I stopped doing that. Turns out I forgot to remove it in patch 1. Also, which version are playing in? In 1.4.4 patch 2 I didn't discover an error in 3-6.
I'm on 1.4.5. I guess it'd not be a problem. Will try it out on 1.4.4, even though I'll have to start from scratch
Day 564 in the search for a good complete 38A TeaScript tutorial

User avatar
Cedur
Toad
Toad
Posts: 6492
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:14 am

Re: Super Mario 2D Universe X [1.4.4] (PATCH 1 RELEASED)

Postby Cedur » Sat May 09, 2020 7:15 am

Eduardo_R_H wrote:
Sat May 09, 2020 6:43 am
YoshiSuperstar wrote:
Sat May 09, 2020 6:07 am
2-bonus as well as the secret final level are being removed in patch 2. This is because 2-bonus had a flaw where it was hard to play if you were to take damage or pause the game. I was working on a new version although I stopped doing that. Turns out I forgot to remove it in patch 1. Also, which version are playing in? In 1.4.4 patch 2 I didn't discover an error in 3-6.
I'm on 1.4.5. I guess it'd not be a problem. Will try it out on 1.4.4, even though I'll have to start from scratch

I heard of many compatibility issues between 1.4.4 and 1.4.5 so it may as well be a problem.
Image
More Supports: show

Image
Image

Still using the legacy editor? Get SMBX2 and PGE, it will improve your experience significantly. Here's why. And remember, Yoshis are tools to be used and discarded.

ShadowStarX (06/14/18) wrote: South Korea is easy deal

User avatar
Eri7
Banned
Posts: 1772
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2017 4:48 pm
Flair: Good Foundation allows for strong Execution
Contact:

Re: Super Mario 2D Universe X [1.4.4] (PATCH 1 RELEASED)

Postby Eri7 » Sat May 09, 2020 7:39 am

Hey I don't know if you are planning to make another patch/update but if you do, would you use this opportunity to move this episode to 1.4.5?

User avatar
YoshiSuperstar
Blooper
Blooper
Posts: 184
Joined: Fri Apr 07, 2017 2:16 pm
Flair: Hi. I like to make stuff.
Contact:

Re: Super Mario 2D Universe X [1.4.4] (PATCH 1 RELEASED)

Postby YoshiSuperstar » Sat May 09, 2020 8:09 am

Eri7 wrote:
Sat May 09, 2020 7:39 am
Hey I don't know if you are planning to make another patch/update but if you do, would you use this opportunity to move this episode to 1.4.5?
I was planning on keeping this episode on 1.4.4 and work on my new project with 1.4.5, But I might think about it.
Heya!
Support:
Spoiler: show
Image
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
YoshiSuperstar
Blooper
Blooper
Posts: 184
Joined: Fri Apr 07, 2017 2:16 pm
Flair: Hi. I like to make stuff.
Contact:

Re: Super Mario 2D Universe X [1.4.4/1.4.5]

Postby YoshiSuperstar » Fri Jul 24, 2020 11:06 am

24/7/2020 Update:

I optimized the file and did some changes for a 1.4.5 version, which you can now download! If any other problems occur, I'll be sure to fix them.
Heya!
Support:
Spoiler: show
Image
Image
Image
Image


Return to “Episodes”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Jumper and 11 guests