Shidomaru's Revenge (SMBX 2.0 Beta 4 REQUIRED)

Share your completed SMBX episodes or play and discuss others.
Shidomaru
Pokey
Pokey

Shidomaru's Revenge (SMBX 2.0 Beta 4 REQUIRED)

Postby Shidomaru » Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:55 pm

Konnichi wa, SMBX community! I've risen back from the grave to get my revenge :twisted: ...on the Naruto fandom!

What? You thought I was gonna take revenge on the SMBX community? Nah! :) Quite the opposite, this episode would not have been possible without the help of many AMAZING people from this community, namely The0x539-sensei, Hoeloe-chan, Enjl-sama, PixelPest, and Wohlstand-sama, the last of whom taught me how to use the Character Calibrator. I can't thank you guys enough! Madoka bless all of you! :D And since the update, Darkonius-sama, Rednaxela-sama and MrDoubleA-san also get credit!

And a very special thank you to Eclipsed, for giving me the mental kick in the butt I needed to get my episode updated!

Plot:
"Rise from your grave!" Marina commanded with a voice much deeper than a girl her age should have. Shidomaru rises back from the dead to find, much to his horror, that the anime world has been overrun by armies of yandere Naruto fangirls that travel in huge flying ships, and that they've kidnapped Shidomaru's waifu, Hinata Hyuga. Shidomaru now sets out to rescue his waifu, and squirt white ink at every enemy that stands in his way. Enemies splatted with the white ink die from the embarrassment and disgust, and if that doesn't kill them, the ink's horrendously foul stench will do.

Screenshots:
Spoiler: show
Forget Beta 3!! You may delete your copy of that version of my episode for all I care!

What's in nowadays is BETA 4, so you will absolutely need THAT version to play my episode without it breaking!

Important changes:
*You now get an extra checkpoint right before every boss fight! No more repeating half the level in order to have another shot at that tough boss! YAY! :D

*Mousers and Warts HP is now halved. No more wasting time standing there shooting at damage sponges!

*The "Red Ink" powerup got a slight damage buff.

*The first phase of the Ghost of Pain boss's HP has been slightly reduced.

*The platforms in the second phase of the Ghost of Pain boss fight are now slightly wider.
Download: http://www.mediafire.com/file/32ys2ra4b ... e.zip/file

Descargar versión en español: http://www.mediafire.com/file/vtx7ajtwg ... u.zip/file

Trivia/Rant:
*I went into this thinking that making an episode for Samus would be easy, but it turned out to be a NIGHTMARE! Both because Samus herself was overpowered against bosses and it took me several entire months to come up with bosses threatening enough for her, and because Samus's Fire Flower power-up is actually WEAKER than her normal beam (at least in Beta 3), and it was pretty hard to design sections for that power-up. In any case, it makes me not want to try to make any episodes with Samus ever again.

*If you're confused (or disgusted) as to why I'm a furry creature that spits out white ink, Marina is to blame. Search 2k16 Summer Takeover and look at the Splatoon-themed level she made back then.

*I don't wanna hear your complaints about clashing. I cannot draw, only palette-swap.

*If you're wondering if this episode takes place anywhere in the 2k1x continuity... it doesn't. Think of it as a Gaiden game.

*This episode was originally going to be much more light-hearted, but then I watched Madoka Magica...

*Also, this episode was at some point going to have a five-dungeon second half where each dungeon represented one of the stages of grief a la Majora's Mask, and I would be collecting the soul gems of each of the five main Madoka Magica characters after the boss of each dungeon. I backpedaled on this because it was too much work and I was getting tired, so a few levels got completely cut out of the game to make it smaller and thus feasible. Only two of the five in the original idea still remain.
Last edited by Shidomaru on Sat Feb 08, 2020 2:44 pm, edited 12 times in total.
I feel a bit numb...

FireyPaperMario
Peach
Peach
Flair: 90's kid born in late 1993 ^_^
Current Project: SEGA Genesis/Mega Drive GFXs
Chat Username: Shin FireyPaperMario

Re: Shidomaru's Revenge (SMBX 2.0 Beta 3 REQUIRED)

Postby FireyPaperMario » Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:19 pm

Shidomaru wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:55 pm
I've risen back from the grave to get my revenge :twisted: ...on the Naruto fandom!
Oh my! A self-insert SMBX episode disguised as a hate message to people of the Naruto fandom.... I like the sound of that. :P

P.S. that wasn't sarcasm.
(Mega Drive GFX Pack coming soon)
Mario RPG goals (62% of the goals completed)
My Pixiv
I'm autistic & have ADHD.

Shidomaru
Pokey
Pokey

Postby Shidomaru » Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:08 pm

FireyPaperMario wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:19 pm
Shidomaru wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:55 pm
I've risen back from the grave to get my revenge :twisted: ...on the Naruto fandom!
Oh my! A self-insert SMBX episode disguised as a hate message to people of the Naruto fandom.... I like the sound of that. :P

P.S. that wasn't sarcasm.
I'm surprised that you really mean it :o I know self-insertion is frowned upon, but in this case it was necessary because of how personal my thing with the Naruto shipping community was.

But even though the story might not be of everyone's liking, I swear to Madoka that I tried MY BEST to make the level design as much fun as I could. Those who don't like the story can just skip all the dialogues and focus on the gameplay. The plot may be that of a joke episode, but I tried my best to be serious with the gameplay itself.
I feel a bit numb...

stageleft
Ripper II
Ripper II
Flair: Cinnamon & Sugar

Postby stageleft » Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:21 pm

The birdo npcs are really good and I dig the Metroid power-up music. Jokes about 1x1 pixels makes me laugh as I never heard the end of it with my own episode. Gameplay is pretty good I like use of the bosses, only thing I think it needs is a bit more decore. Not bad though.

Shidomaru
Pokey
Pokey

Postby Shidomaru » Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:38 am

stageleft wrote: The birdo npcs are really good and I dig the Metroid power-up music. Jokes about 1x1 pixels makes me laugh as I never heard the end of it with my own episode. Gameplay is pretty good I like use of the bosses, only thing I think it needs is a bit more decore. Not bad though.
Thank you :) I tried to find some kind of rocks for the Death Mountain level, but I failed to find ones that would fit the tileset. Decoration has always been one of my weaker points when it comes to making levels, but I've been trying harder to make my levels better-looking, with more use of decorations, slopes and sizables. I need to learn to make landmarks, though...
I feel a bit numb...

Shidomaru
Pokey
Pokey

Re: Shidomaru's Revenge (SMBX 2.0 Beta 4 REQUIRED)

Postby Shidomaru » Thu Mar 12, 2020 2:44 pm

Bumping because of major update.
I feel a bit numb...

hEllO tHerE
Spiny
Spiny
Flair: totally dont liek pizza n stuf
Current Project: hEllO tHerE World and 5 Levels of Hell (on hiatus)
Chat Username: hEllO tHerE

Re: Shidomaru's Revenge (SMBX 2.0 Beta 4 REQUIRED)

Postby hEllO tHerE » Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:20 pm

Why there's an Ice Cap in the last screenshot is beyond me, but i'm probably gonna try it soon
c-3 is the worst thing ever :evil:

I LIEK PIZZA N STUF :D

Return to “Episodes”