SPEEDIE's archived stash of episodes.

Share your completed SMBX episodes or play and discuss others.
Cedur
Toad
Toad

Re: 8.0 (APRIL UPDATE) | A SMBX Episode! [B4 ONLY!!]

Postby Cedur » Sun Apr 05, 2020 3:58 pm

So, for any future update, it looks like I have to replace the episode and transfer the save file? Will I even be able to continue?
More Supports: show

Still using the legacy editor? Get SMBX2 and PGE, it will improve your experience significantly. Here's why. And remember, Yoshis are tools to be used and discarded.

ShadowStarX (06/14/18) wrote: South Korea is easy deal

FirestarPlays
Mega Mole
Mega Mole
Current Project: Super Mario and the Plague of Valerius, Firestar's GFX Pack
Chat Username: Firestar

Re: 6.0 PATCH 1 UPDATE | A SMBX Episode! [B4 ONLY!!]

Postby FirestarPlays » Sun Apr 05, 2020 4:08 pm

SPEEDIE wrote:
Sun Apr 05, 2020 12:29 pm
Cedur wrote:
Sun Apr 05, 2020 11:02 am
Thanks for the compliance, Speedie. I finally beat 3-Castle with Luigi yesterday (ngl I didn't bother with the boss and made use of the free orb).
But I'm stuck on the next level 4-1 already. How do you get underneath the staircase?
It is a slightly weird glitch, you have to stand on the top staircase and then walk forward, or you can jump with speed and crouch through that same staircase. This will be fixed in the late april/may update!

For now though, a new level and other cool stuffs have been added, basically every complaint is fixed.

Added in 2 minutes 53 seconds:
Re: 7.0 (APRIL UPDATE) | A SMBX Episode! [B4 ONLY!!]
So, 7.0 patch 3 is out, two new levels and also fixes 2-castle and 3-castle and the boss orbs, even though they may still be slightly glitchy. and fixes 4-1
So, is the next patch going to slow down 6-1's lightning fast autoscrolling? Like, it feels way too fast. Also Timber Tower doesn't seem finished.
Cedur wrote: So, for any future update, it looks like I have to replace the episode and transfer the save file? Will I even be able to continue?
Probably have to replace the episode. Probably able to continue if the world map wasnt changed so that you were no longer on a level.

SPEEDIE
Bit
Bit
Flair: Avatar is what life should be like.
Current Project: A SMBX Episode
Chat Username: SPEEDIE

Postby SPEEDIE » Mon Apr 06, 2020 4:03 am

Cedur wrote:
Sun Apr 05, 2020 3:58 pm
So, for any future update, it looks like I have to replace the episode and transfer the save file? Will I even be able to continue?
I am not sure, I think you would be able to continue since I didn't change any paths with the exception of Blue Switch Palace, It may work or not, I don't know, Also I was not able to fix the orb issue, I tried to put them on Set as Boss, but when killed, they didn't spawn an orb..

Added in 1 minute 48 seconds:
Re: 6.0 PATCH 1 UPDATE | A SMBX Episode! [B4 ONLY!!]
FirestarPlays wrote:
Sun Apr 05, 2020 4:08 pm
SPEEDIE wrote:
Sun Apr 05, 2020 12:29 pm
Cedur wrote:
Sun Apr 05, 2020 11:02 am
Thanks for the compliance, Speedie. I finally beat 3-Castle with Luigi yesterday (ngl I didn't bother with the boss and made use of the free orb).
But I'm stuck on the next level 4-1 already. How do you get underneath the staircase?
It is a slightly weird glitch, you have to stand on the top staircase and then walk forward, or you can jump with speed and crouch through that same staircase. This will be fixed in the late april/may update!

For now though, a new level and other cool stuffs have been added, basically every complaint is fixed.

Added in 2 minutes 53 seconds:
Re: 7.0 (APRIL UPDATE) | A SMBX Episode! [B4 ONLY!!]
So, 7.0 patch 3 is out, two new levels and also fixes 2-castle and 3-castle and the boss orbs, even though they may still be slightly glitchy. and fixes 4-1
So, is the next patch going to slow down 6-1's lightning fast autoscrolling? Like, it feels way too fast. Also Timber Tower doesn't seem finished.
Cedur wrote: So, for any future update, it looks like I have to replace the episode and transfer the save file? Will I even be able to continue?
Probably have to replace the episode. Probably able to continue if the world map wasnt changed so that you were no longer on a level.
In 8.0, the autoscrolling has been fixed, timber tower was rushed, yes, I will improve it in the next patch, just wanted the game to feel a bit longer. I will add levels in every update, and perhaps a new world.
If something sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

Finished Projects:

Ongoing Projects:

None, however I am updating A SMBX Episode sometimes.

Cedur
Toad
Toad

Postby Cedur » Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:04 am

SPEEDIE wrote:Also I was not able to fix the orb issue, I tried to put them on Set as Boss, but when killed, they didn't spawn an orb.

just use normal layer/event?

Still using the legacy editor? Get SMBX2 and PGE, it will improve your experience significantly. Here's why. And remember, Yoshis are tools to be used and discarded.

dericobanjo
Spiny
Spiny
Flair: Try out Super Sackboy 64 in LBP3!
Chat Username: dericobanjo

Postby dericobanjo » Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:08 am

Wow, I wonder when will be the last update so I could download it without worrying there will be another update but dont stop making more update XD

And what is the purpose of those switch palaca level? Are they just bonus house like toad house? Or a normal level that unlock path? (In SMW it for all level to have that block solid but that impossible to make in SMBX)

Cedur
Toad
Toad

Postby Cedur » Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:29 am

dericobanjo wrote:And what is the purpose of those switch palaca level? Are they just bonus house like toad house? Or a normal level that unlock path? (In SMW it for all level to have that block solid but that impossible to make in SMBX)

SMBX2 has real switch palaces and blocks that become solid when you hit the respective switch palace. They have card symbols to distinguish them from normal switch blocks.

SPEEDIE
Bit
Bit

Postby SPEEDIE » Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:02 am

Cedur wrote:
Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:04 am
SPEEDIE wrote:Also I was not able to fix the orb issue, I tried to put them on Set as Boss, but when killed, they didn't spawn an orb.

just use normal layer/event?
I've been doing that all this time, but it just doesn't work, It worked before, and now it no longer does..

Finished Projects:

Ongoing Projects:

Chanceux2
Lakitu
Lakitu
Flair: People don't care about my threads! :(
Current Project: Super Toad Bros. X
Chat Username: Gamer of Studios

Postby Chanceux2 » Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:06 am

dericobanjo wrote:
Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:08 am
Wow, I wonder when will be the last update so I could download it without worrying there will be another update
The last update could be something like everything looks perfect or it looks like no more bugs. But trust me, there always a bug. Anyway It's my chance to finally download A SMBX episode instead of Bowser's last attempt. Lastly, are the updates weekly or random time

Cedur
Toad
Toad

Postby Cedur » Mon Apr 06, 2020 12:03 pm

I'm not sure if anyone should download it at present, since as he said, there's more to come.
SPEEDIE wrote:I've been doing that all this time, but it just doesn't work, It worked before, and now it no longer does.

ooof ... I'm really puzzled too then.

FirestarPlays
Mega Mole
Mega Mole

Postby FirestarPlays » Mon Apr 06, 2020 12:22 pm

Cedur wrote:
Mon Apr 06, 2020 12:03 pm
I'm not sure if anyone should download it at present, since as he said, there's more to come.
SPEEDIE wrote:I've been doing that all this time, but it just doesn't work, It worked before, and now it no longer does.

'Restart last level on death' is on, making layers and events sometimes not work. That's the cause
Spoiler: show
Also 2-castle is now unwinnable, the boss and the orb literally aren't there and the skewers at the top are too high up to actually hit you
Last edited by FirestarPlays on Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dericobanjo
Spiny
Spiny

Postby dericobanjo » Mon Apr 06, 2020 2:23 pm

Cedur wrote:
Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:29 am
dericobanjo wrote:And what is the purpose of those switch palaca level? Are they just bonus house like toad house? Or a normal level that unlock path? (In SMW it for all level to have that block solid but that impossible to make in SMBX)

SMBX2 has real switch palaces and blocks that become solid when you hit the respective switch palace. They have card symbols to distinguish them from normal switch blocks.
Just like in SMW??? Is that a new thing that from beta 4?

Cedur
Toad
Toad

Postby Cedur » Mon Apr 06, 2020 2:34 pm

dericobanjo wrote:
Mon Apr 06, 2020 2:23 pm
Cedur wrote:

That's one of the many new things from Beta 4.

dericobanjo
Spiny
Spiny

Postby dericobanjo » Mon Apr 06, 2020 5:32 pm

Cedur wrote:
Mon Apr 06, 2020 2:34 pm
dericobanjo wrote:
Cedur wrote:

OMG I cant believe that now exist in SMBX, that one of my favorite thing in SMW/SMWrom hack, I hope there are atleast 4 different color like SMW... or maiby there is more than 4?

Electriking
Flair: I have NO idea what to put here
Current Project: Something
Chat Username: ElectriKing

Postby Electriking » Mon Apr 06, 2020 5:56 pm

dericobanjo wrote:
Mon Apr 06, 2020 5:32 pm
Cedur wrote:
dericobanjo wrote:

OMG I cant believe that now exist in SMBX, that one of my favorite thing in SMW/SMWrom hack, I hope there are atleast 4 different color like SMW... or maiby there is more than 4?
There are 4 colours included by default, although more can be added on a per-episode basis using LunaLua.
SMM2 ID: JJF-P7G-FSF

dericobanjo
Spiny
Spiny

Postby dericobanjo » Mon Apr 06, 2020 6:25 pm

Electriking wrote:
Mon Apr 06, 2020 5:56 pm
dericobanjo wrote:
Mon Apr 06, 2020 5:32 pm
Cedur wrote:

There are 4 colours included by default, although more can be added on a per-episode basis using LunaLua.
Wow, that so incredible, I really love SMBX, I have B3, B4 and 38A.

Chanceux2
Lakitu
Lakitu

Postby Chanceux2 » Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:11 pm

dericobanjo wrote:
Cedur wrote:

I just saw that and I haven't ever test it but there amazing

FirestarPlays
Mega Mole
Mega Mole

Postby FirestarPlays » Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:08 pm

Also 2-castle is now unwinnable, the boss and the orb literally aren't there and the skewers at the top are too high up to actually hit you

Chanceux2
Lakitu
Lakitu

Postby Chanceux2 » Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:22 pm

FirestarPlays wrote:
Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:08 pm
You just repeated the same post

SPEEDIE
Bit
Bit

Postby SPEEDIE » Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:46 am

FirestarPlays wrote:
Mon Apr 06, 2020 12:22 pm
Cedur wrote:
Mon Apr 06, 2020 12:03 pm

'Restart last level on death' is on, making layers and events sometimes not work. That's the cause
Spoiler: show
Looks like I have an option to untick lol, thanks.. Also next release will have two new levels..

Added in 22 minutes 39 seconds:
Chanceux2 wrote:
Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:06 am
dericobanjo wrote:
Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:08 am
Wow, I wonder when will be the last update so I could download it without worrying there will be another update
The last update could be something like everything looks perfect or it looks like no more bugs. But trust me, there always a bug. Anyway It's my chance to finally download A SMBX episode instead of Bowser's last attempt. Lastly, are the updates weekly or random time
I do them randomly, either when I want to replace a lacking level or fix a bug, however unless it's a game breaking bug, you can keep playing on the old version, you are missing out on a new level, but it is playable.

Finished Projects:

Ongoing Projects:

FirestarPlays
Mega Mole
Mega Mole

Postby FirestarPlays » Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:00 am

Chanceux2 wrote:
Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:22 pm
FirestarPlays wrote:
Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:08 pm
You just repeated the same post
Sorry about that :/
It's a game breaking issue I really want people to see

Idk why it's broken tbh
Last edited by FirestarPlays on Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:35 am, edited 3 times in total.

Return to “Episodes”