Super Mario Bros. 6

Share your completed SMBX episodes or play and discuss others.
User avatar
PlushTube123
Fighter Fly
Fighter Fly
Posts: 61
Joined: Sun May 14, 2017 4:15 pm
Flair: Starting a new project when I get a new computer.
Current Project: Super Mario Land 3
Chat Username: Hunting Hunter
Contact:

Super Mario Bros. 6

Postby PlushTube123 » Sat May 16, 2020 7:27 pm

THIS EPISODE IS ONLY COMPATIBLE WITH SMBX 2.0 (BETA 4)
Hi! This is my third SMBX episode ever created, but unlike the others, this episode is completely made with 8-bit graphics! There are 8 worlds (with no particular themes), with different fun levels. Each world has 4 levels, with some worlds including an extra tank or airship level. You can play as either Mario and Luigi to save Princess Toadstool! It's pretty much a standard 2D-Mario game with no advanced story.

OTHER INFORMATION
There is no world map music, since my abilities with luna.lua vary.
All of the music is mostly from Mario games, excluding some music from Mega Man 2, and DuckTales (NES).
Each level was play tested, and all levels work accordingly.
The other name for this episode is "Mario's 8-Bit Adventure"

SCREENSHOTS
Spoiler: show
Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image
DOWNLOAD
https://www.mediafire.com/file/nji90t6o ... e.rar/file
Last edited by PlushTube123 on Tue May 19, 2020 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SBells27
Rex
Rex
Posts: 98
Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2015 10:23 pm
Flair: Working on a new project right now.
Current Project: (Untitled SMBX Project)
Chat Username: SBells27
Contact:

Re: Super Mario Bros. 6

Postby SBells27 » Sun May 17, 2020 7:56 pm

wait... what's Super Mario Bros. 4 and 5 then lol
SMBX YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJbYuy ... _z3srbCohQ
Join my Discord Server: https://discord.gg/xjbqCCj (General, smbx-related and my SM100 series disccussion)
Latest Bells's Episode: viewtopic.php?f=36&t=25034
Image

User avatar
PlushTube123
Fighter Fly
Fighter Fly
Posts: 61
Joined: Sun May 14, 2017 4:15 pm
Flair: Starting a new project when I get a new computer.
Current Project: Super Mario Land 3
Chat Username: Hunting Hunter
Contact:

Re: Super Mario Bros. 6

Postby PlushTube123 » Sun May 17, 2020 8:07 pm

SBells27 wrote:
Sun May 17, 2020 7:56 pm
wait... what's Super Mario Bros. 4 and 5 then lol
I looked up "SMBX Super Mario Bros. 4 and 5" and there were projects for those, so thats where the "6" came from.

MarioLover64
Hoopster
Hoopster
Posts: 165
Joined: Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:09 pm

Re: Super Mario Bros. 6

Postby MarioLover64 » Sun May 17, 2020 8:36 pm

Why two super mario bros 4?
We got Super Mario World (labeled as Super Mario Bros 4 in Japan) AND the SMBX project mentioned above

User avatar
PlushTube123
Fighter Fly
Fighter Fly
Posts: 61
Joined: Sun May 14, 2017 4:15 pm
Flair: Starting a new project when I get a new computer.
Current Project: Super Mario Land 3
Chat Username: Hunting Hunter
Contact:

Re: Super Mario Bros. 6

Postby PlushTube123 » Sun May 17, 2020 10:30 pm

MarioLover64 wrote:
Sun May 17, 2020 8:36 pm
Why two super mario bros 4?
We got Super Mario World (labeled as Super Mario Bros 4 in Japan) AND the SMBX project mentioned above
I don't know, I just saw a project named "Super Mario Bros. 4".

User avatar
stageleft
Ripper II
Ripper II
Posts: 301
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2015 8:37 am
Flair: Cinnamon & Sugar

Re: Super Mario Bros. 6

Postby stageleft » Tue May 19, 2020 4:52 am

So, this is pretty good to play if you are tired of messing around with puzzles and just want to run some simple mario levels.
I'm gonna enjoy any episode that uses 8-bit graphics regardless, something about it.

However you might include in the description that the difficult is easy, absolutely nothing hit me from world 1 to world 4.
Speaking of world 4, in world 4-1 the stage just seemingly ends abruptly into endless bottomless pit.
I checked again for secret vine blocks but couldn't find anything... u sure its completed?
Also check world 2-2, there is some pipe cutoff and a potential soft lock near the secret exit.
One other thought, the odd invincible star wouldn't hurt.. its not needed for difficulty reasons just to make the stages more fun.

User avatar
PlushTube123
Fighter Fly
Fighter Fly
Posts: 61
Joined: Sun May 14, 2017 4:15 pm
Flair: Starting a new project when I get a new computer.
Current Project: Super Mario Land 3
Chat Username: Hunting Hunter
Contact:

Re: Super Mario Bros. 6

Postby PlushTube123 » Tue May 19, 2020 8:52 pm

stageleft wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 4:52 am
So, this is pretty good to play if you are tired of messing around with puzzles and just want to run some simple mario levels.
I'm gonna enjoy any episode that uses 8-bit graphics regardless, something about it.

However you might include in the description that the difficult is easy, absolutely nothing hit me from world 1 to world 4.
Speaking of world 4, in world 4-1 the stage just seemingly ends abruptly into endless bottomless pit.
I checked again for secret vine blocks but couldn't find anything... u sure its completed?
Also check world 2-2, there is some pipe cutoff and a potential soft lock near the secret exit.
One other thought, the odd invincible star wouldn't hurt.. its not needed for difficulty reasons just to make the stages more fun.
Hi! I fixed the main issues mentioned in your comment, I'm not sure what happened to World 4-1, it probably didn't save correctly after play testing. World 2-2's pipe cut-off was fixed, and for the soft-lock near the secret exit, there are invisible ? Blocks that you can hit to take you back up. The download link has been updated, and if there is anymore issues please tell me. OH! And about the Starman, I completely forgot that Starman was even in the editor until I was nearly finished with the game, so there is a few Starmen in the game somewhere.

Xboy1
Cheep-Cheep
Cheep-Cheep
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Jul 04, 2019 6:15 am
Flair: supah mayrio bruthas
Chat Username: Xboy1

Re: Super Mario Bros. 6

Postby Xboy1 » Mon Jun 01, 2020 2:37 pm

"There is no world map music, since my abilities with luna.lua vary."
You don't need lunalua to add world map music
I believe in Jesus Christ as my lord and savior. If you do, please put this in your signature!
I support:
Spoiler: show
Image

User avatar
PlushTube123
Fighter Fly
Fighter Fly
Posts: 61
Joined: Sun May 14, 2017 4:15 pm
Flair: Starting a new project when I get a new computer.
Current Project: Super Mario Land 3
Chat Username: Hunting Hunter
Contact:

Re: Super Mario Bros. 6

Postby PlushTube123 » Mon Jun 01, 2020 2:43 pm

Xboy1 wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 2:37 pm
"There is no world map music, since my abilities with luna.lua vary."
You don't need lunalua to add world map music
I was talking about custom world map music.

User avatar
mcnakahr
Cheep-Cheep
Cheep-Cheep
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2019 2:02 pm

Re: Super Mario Bros. 6

Postby mcnakahr » Fri Jun 05, 2020 4:59 pm

Is this just demo? I couldn't get passed W5-3. No path opens up after I complete it. If it's a demo shouldn't it be in Projects?

User avatar
PlushTube123
Fighter Fly
Fighter Fly
Posts: 61
Joined: Sun May 14, 2017 4:15 pm
Flair: Starting a new project when I get a new computer.
Current Project: Super Mario Land 3
Chat Username: Hunting Hunter
Contact:

Re: Super Mario Bros. 6

Postby PlushTube123 » Fri Jun 05, 2020 5:34 pm

mcnakahr wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 4:59 pm
Is this just demo? I couldn't get passed W5-3. No path opens up after I complete it. If it's a demo shouldn't it be in Projects?
No, it isn't a demo. I don't know what's happening with the episode.

User avatar
mcnakahr
Cheep-Cheep
Cheep-Cheep
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2019 2:02 pm

Re: Super Mario Bros. 6

Postby mcnakahr » Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:10 pm

Well I know people can open the episode up in the editor but out of respect I'd like to ask permission to view the world map. So maybe I can figure out what's up... please? I promise not to edit anything, just look at it. I'll screenshot what I find.

User avatar
PlushTube123
Fighter Fly
Fighter Fly
Posts: 61
Joined: Sun May 14, 2017 4:15 pm
Flair: Starting a new project when I get a new computer.
Current Project: Super Mario Land 3
Chat Username: Hunting Hunter
Contact:

Re: Super Mario Bros. 6

Postby PlushTube123 » Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:12 pm

mcnakahr wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:10 pm
Well I know people can open the episode up in the editor but out of respect I'd like to ask permission to view the world map. So maybe I can figure out what's up... please? I promise not to edit anything, just look at it. I'll screenshot what I find.
Sure, go ahead.

User avatar
mcnakahr
Cheep-Cheep
Cheep-Cheep
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2019 2:02 pm

Re: Super Mario Bros. 6

Postby mcnakahr » Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:17 pm

Okay... I took a look at it and I found the issue. W5-3's exit flag is set to open the path forward to the left once the player touches a exit roulette. I know it ends with a boss fight that spawns a crystal so setting it to the crystal exit will fix it. Also if you use the blue path tiles Mario/Luigi will appear to be swimming that should fix the graphical "walking on water" thing while walking the path over water tiles on the overworld
Another thing, I'm not sure if you added the custom sprites correctly to each level as some levels have the smbx default powerup image in the reserve box instead of the custom image. Bonus one loads the default power-up images, default character sprite, and default reserve box power-up images. So I'd check those folders over.

Edit reason: Clarification.


Return to “Episodes”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests