[2.4] Luigi's Fight For The Mushroom Kingdom

Share your completed SMBX episodes or play and discuss others.
Forum rules
Before you make a topic/post, consider the following:
-Is there a topic for this already?
-Does your topic feature a completed SMBX episode accompanied with screenshots?
-Is your post on-topic/appropriate?
-Are you posting in the right forum/following the forum rules?

Thoughts on the episode

Amazing - 5/5
71
56%
Great - 4/5
47
37%
Average - 3/5
2
2%
Eh - 2/5
3
2%
Bad - 1/5 (Elaborate)
4
3%
 
Total votes: 127
User avatar
zlaker
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa
Posts: 2828
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:46 pm

Re: Luigi's Fight For The Mushroom Kingdom (Released!)

Postby zlaker » Sat Jun 28, 2014 6:03 am

Yeah let's not get-off topic SparkleYoshiFan. BTW I downloaded the game it's well designed. Only played the 2 first levels and it's quote a fun game. So um yeah, nice work. You deserve a cookie.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
I make art lol

User avatar
Star
Bit
Bit
Posts: 128
Joined: Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:22 pm
Current Project: GlitchPC. Where Insanity means Normal.

Re: Luigi's Fight For The Mushroom Kingdom (Released!)

Postby Star » Sat Jun 28, 2014 6:37 am

If theres one Episode I would steal Graphics from. It would be this.

-Nemu
I have stop updating my project. Don't cry though. It's being updated here!

http://smbxuniverse.my-board.org/

User avatar
RoundPiplup
Grinder
Grinder
Posts: 1142
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2014 12:03 pm

Re: Luigi's Fight For The Mushroom Kingdom (Released!)

Postby RoundPiplup » Sat Jun 28, 2014 8:27 am

SparkleYoshiFan wrote:
reghrhre wrote:
RoundPiplup wrote:Wow... Well that ending was something that I was thinking.
Eh don't listen to him, he doesn't get impressed easily, it will vary for others obviously, you'll have to see it for yourself.
Well that's true! Finnaly someone who says it! I love he's design but when giving a compliment? Nope.
No really, I saw the ending. I pm'ed what the ending was.
Spoiler: show
This was erased by RoundPiplup. Reasoning: It would ruin the ending of this game.
Last edited by RoundPiplup on Sat Jun 28, 2014 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Past still haunts me.
Spoiler: show
Image

Image
...

User avatar
RoundPiplup
Grinder
Grinder
Posts: 1142
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2014 12:03 pm

Re: Luigi's Fight For The Mushroom Kingdom (Released!)

Postby RoundPiplup » Sat Jun 28, 2014 12:22 pm

SparkleYoshiFan wrote:You spoiled? :|
I placed it in a spoiler thing. It doesn't state what the ending is, but it states of what kind of ending it is.
Anyways, I deleted it now.
The Past still haunts me.
Spoiler: show
Image

Image
...

reghrhre
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell
Posts: 666
Joined: Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:19 pm
Flair: Discord: Benkyo#3458

Re: Luigi's Fight For The Mushroom Kingdom (Released!)

Postby reghrhre » Sat Jun 28, 2014 4:11 pm

zlakerboy357 wrote:Yeah let's not get-off topic SparkleYoshiFan. BTW I downloaded the game it's well designed. Only played the 2 first levels and it's quote a fun game. So um yeah, nice work. You deserve a cookie.
Considering I don't even like the first 4 Worlds (how many times have I said that already? lol) it's good to see you like it so far, the later worlds should probably please more.
Star wrote:If theres one Episode I would steal Graphics from. It would be this.

-Nemu
Ban. I didn't really make most of the graphics though. And oh yeah that reminds me, I need to work on the credits file, idk when I'll have it done but it shouldn't take too long considering I already had the credits file for the first 6 worlds long ago.

User avatar
Kyo
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell
Posts: 658
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:12 pm
Current Project: The Twilight Star

Re: Luigi's Fight For The Mushroom Kingdom (Released!)

Postby Kyo » Sun Jun 29, 2014 6:39 am

Epic. I'm quite hyped for this. Going to play it now.

User avatar
Zant
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus
Posts: 570
Joined: Sat Dec 21, 2013 2:58 pm

Re: Luigi's Fight For The Mushroom Kingdom (Released!)

Postby Zant » Sun Jun 29, 2014 7:41 am

Darkonius Mavakar wrote:
reghrhre wrote:You'll have to wait for Joey to see this and then this will be featured maybe.

Has anyone beat this btw? And if not what world are you guys in and what do you think of this so far?
SPOILERS


the ending was meh.
and the final boss too
I agree. Though the rest of the episode was pretty cool.

User avatar
D. Flair
Koopa Troopa
Koopa Troopa
Posts: 28
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2014 6:55 am

Re: Luigi's Fight For The Mushroom Kingdom (Released!)

Postby D. Flair » Sun Jun 29, 2014 8:29 am

Damn, no one else has had the problem i've had yet :(
Spoiler: show
Righto, i'm at world 7 and i've got to a level called Pit. This level instantly kills me, no problem there. After respawning, i've ended up at a star that doesn't go anywhere, no problem there either. The problem is that this star appears to be in the middle of nowhere. I can't move anywhere from this position and as the star goes nowhere i'm pretty much stuck.

Loading up the cheats, where i need to go is right under me, so what went wrong? How do you get the world map tiles to spawn correctly without having to cheat?
Gone back to lurking. Might still pop up occasionally.

reghrhre
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell
Posts: 666
Joined: Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:19 pm
Flair: Discord: Benkyo#3458

Re: Luigi's Fight For The Mushroom Kingdom (Released!)

Postby reghrhre » Sun Jun 29, 2014 11:22 am

Zant wrote:
Darkonius Mavakar wrote:
reghrhre wrote:You'll have to wait for Joey to see this and then this will be featured maybe.

Has anyone beat this btw? And if not what world are you guys in and what do you think of this so far?
SPOILERS


the ending was meh.
and the final boss too
I agree. Though the rest of the episode was pretty cool.
It'd really help if you guys were constructive about this stuff, even if something like this may be spoilers all you have to do is PM me. And endings never have to be over dramatic and stuff.
D. Flair wrote:Damn, no one else has had the problem i've had yet :(
Spoiler: show
Righto, i'm at world 7 and i've got to a level called Pit. This level instantly kills me, no problem there. After respawning, i've ended up at a star that doesn't go anywhere, no problem there either. The problem is that this star appears to be in the middle of nowhere. I can't move anywhere from this position and as the star goes nowhere i'm pretty much stuck.

Loading up the cheats, where i need to go is right under me, so what went wrong? How do you get the world map tiles to spawn correctly without having to cheat?
Huh, that's really odd, unfortunately I have no idea why that happens to you nor how to fix that sorry : (

User avatar
D. Flair
Koopa Troopa
Koopa Troopa
Posts: 28
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2014 6:55 am

Re: Luigi's Fight For The Mushroom Kingdom (Released!)

Postby D. Flair » Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:17 am

reghrhre wrote: Huh, that's really odd, unfortunately I have no idea why that happens to you nor how to fix that sorry : (
Tried another 10 times, still couldn't get it to work >_>

What i did tho was use the move anywhere cheat and move forward to play the level i couldn't get to, beating it fixed everything up ^_^

Ok so i've just finished this game and man, its right up there with the best i've ever played! And i should know, i've played and beaten every episode (worth having of course) that ever got released. Also to those who weren't happy with the the final boss; IMHO i think its quite fitting considering its only Wario and Waluigi we're talking about here :lol:
Gone back to lurking. Might still pop up occasionally.

reghrhre
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell
Posts: 666
Joined: Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:19 pm
Flair: Discord: Benkyo#3458

Re: Luigi's Fight For The Mushroom Kingdom (Released!)

Postby reghrhre » Mon Jun 30, 2014 5:32 pm

Yeah, I really have no idea why that happens to you. : (

It's great to see that is one of the best you've played! It definitely means a lot! And you do have a point about the final boss, it's not like they had supernatural powers or something.

silent_
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa
Posts: 2157
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:34 pm
Current Project: something

Re: Luigi's Fight For The Mushroom Kingdom (Released!)

Postby silent_ » Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:01 pm

Overall, this a fun episode and I am mid-world two, but the first boss in the desert world is excessively difficult for being so early in the game. I really don't know what else to say, though; keep it up and do you have any plans for Peach's Fight for the Castle? Actually, I'm being serious about having plans about a new episode, but I'm not necessarily serious about having an episode named that.
previously known as Kep

User avatar
Mudkip
Lakitu
Lakitu
Posts: 465
Joined: Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:35 pm
Current Project: Something
Chat Username: ZA BARUDO

Re: Luigi's Fight For The Mushroom Kingdom (Released!)

Postby Mudkip » Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:08 pm

Reghrhre, it's like this, your world starts off awesome as fuck. But then it gets bad and even worse. I'm still at the fourth world (The swamp/frog/toxic one). I don't know how the rest looks like, but world 3 and 4 were really bad in comparison with world 1 and 2. I wish I had taken screens of many graphical bugs, cut-offs and similar I found in your episode. But unfortunately I didn't. Especially those time pause switch gimmicks were really bad and buggy. I didn't got what's happening, either.

Yeah, I hope you're going to improve these two worlds. I don't know how the res of this episode looks like. But I really hope better than these two.
Otherwise, it actually is nice. Anyways, some levels were almost impossible. Like, the shell surfing part in Operation Keel. And most of those bosses were just bad and kind of lame and just NPC spam.
And with her heart of silver, Silva!

reghrhre
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell
Posts: 666
Joined: Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:19 pm
Flair: Discord: Benkyo#3458

Re: Luigi's Fight For The Mushroom Kingdom (Released!)

Postby reghrhre » Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:26 pm

Kep wrote:Overall, this a fun episode and I am mid-world two, but the first boss in the desert world is excessively difficult for being so early in the game. I really don't know what else to say, though; keep it up and do you have any plans for Peach's Fight for the Castle? Actually, I'm being serious about having plans about a new episode, but I'm not necessarily serious about having an episode named that.
I don't have any plans for making a new episode any time soon, maybe one day though. Nice to see you like it so far though!
Mudkip wrote:Reghrhre, it's like this, your world starts off awesome as fuck. But then it gets bad and even worse. I'm still at the fourth world (The swamp/frog/toxic one). I don't know how the rest looks like, but world 3 and 4 were really bad in comparison with world 1 and 2. I wish I had taken screens of many graphical bugs, cut-offs and similar I found in your episode. But unfortunately I didn't. Especially those time pause switch gimmicks were really bad and buggy. I didn't got what's happening, either.

Yeah, I hope you're going to improve these two worlds. I don't know how the res of this episode looks like. But I really hope better than these two.
Otherwise, it actually is nice. Anyways, some levels were almost impossible. Like, the shell surfing part in Operation Keel. And most of those bosses were just bad and kind of lame and just NPC spam.
How exactly is World 3 and 4 worse than 1 and 2? You need to be constructive about that because I don't see how it's worse, it's better if anything. And how is the time pause switch gimmick buggy? If you mean it's buggy because the blocks don't disappear/reappear after the timer is over then it's supposed to be like that.

And if you think some of the levels are impossible then you're practically fucked at the later levels.

User avatar
RoundPiplup
Grinder
Grinder
Posts: 1142
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2014 12:03 pm

Re: Luigi's Fight For The Mushroom Kingdom (Released!)

Postby RoundPiplup » Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:14 pm

I got stuck at World 2: Missile Canyon. I can't find the manual block switch to bring the moving blocks to the other side. I guess that I'm screwed?
The Past still haunts me.
Spoiler: show
Image

Image
...

reghrhre
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell
Posts: 666
Joined: Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:19 pm
Flair: Discord: Benkyo#3458

Re: Luigi's Fight For The Mushroom Kingdom (Released!)

Postby reghrhre » Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:35 pm

RoundPiplup wrote:I got stuck at World 2: Missile Canyon. I can't find the manual block switch to bring the moving blocks to the other side. I guess that I'm screwed?
Huh, what do you mean by manual switch block? Show me a screen

Zephyr
Spiny
Spiny
Posts: 51
Joined: Wed Jan 15, 2014 1:12 am

Re: Luigi's Fight For The Mushroom Kingdom (Released!)

Postby Zephyr » Tue Jul 01, 2014 1:21 am

Good news! I am going to start playing this. I have no doubt it will be awesome, but I can't wait to find out exactly how awesome it is.

User avatar
MECHDRAGON777
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg
Posts: 6066
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2013 6:40 pm
Flair: Nuclear Queen of Reversion.
Current Project: http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... 9&start=10
Chat Username: 鬼人 正邪
Contact:

Re: Luigi's Fight For The Mushroom Kingdom (Released!)

Postby MECHDRAGON777 » Tue Jul 01, 2014 1:47 am

Do you want me to speed run this or 100% it? If play time is 2-4 hours, I can do it in one video
List of People that can pronounce "Vilzriquathtor Seian" (Role Play): show
[b][i][center][size=125] Fusion best t ... .gif[/img]
Image
List of Animés I have watched.
Image
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
My episode is Image done!
Image

CC12: 30π% done
My hardest level beaten!
Spoiler: show

Support
Spoiler: show
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

Contests I am in right now
Spoiler: show
•MaGL III
•Structure Contest
•Haunted Contest


Image

reghrhre
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell
Posts: 666
Joined: Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:19 pm
Flair: Discord: Benkyo#3458

Re: Luigi's Fight For The Mushroom Kingdom (Released!)

Postby reghrhre » Tue Jul 01, 2014 2:26 am

Zephyr wrote:Good news! I am going to start playing this. I have no doubt it will be awesome, but I can't wait to find out exactly how awesome it is.
Awesome! I definitely hope it lives up to your expectations especially considering your level designing skillzzzz
MECHDRAGON777 wrote:Do you want me to speed run this or 100% it? If play time is 2-4 hours, I can do it in one video
If you want to then sure! I wouldn't mind seeing it.

Also if anyone's interested for whatever reason I finally finished the credits file for LFFTMK; only the graphic creators are credited though.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/boir83zz07o2s ... redits.txt

User avatar
Kyo
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell
Posts: 658
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:12 pm
Current Project: The Twilight Star

Re: Luigi's Fight For The Mushroom Kingdom (Released!)

Postby Kyo » Tue Jul 01, 2014 2:43 am

Since I finished playing Mario Classic, I'm going to try this out now. I'll make sure to leave some kind of review here once I'm done. I already saw you redesigned world 1, which is good. Now only world 2 won't be blind. I had (and still have) the W3 beta, but without GFX and SFX.


Return to “Episodes”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests