[2.4] Luigi's Fight For The Mushroom Kingdom

Share your completed SMBX episodes or play and discuss others.

Thoughts on the episode

Amazing - 5/5
56%
Great - 4/5
37%
Average - 3/5
1%
Eh - 2/5
3%
Bad - 1/5 (Elaborate)
3%

Total votes: 141
bossedit8
Banned
Current Project: Airship Attack 2
Chat Username: <3 bossedit8 <3

Re: Luigi's Fight For The Mushroom Kingdom (Released!)

Postby bossedit8 » Tue Jul 01, 2014 4:13 am

New part arrived:

Original YouTube Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVx1nsmEKuw

MECHDRAGON777
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg
Flair: Nuclear Queen of Reversion.
Current Project: http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... 9&start=10
Chat Username: 鬼人 正邪

Postby MECHDRAGON777 » Tue Jul 01, 2014 4:43 am

reghrhre wrote:
Zephyr wrote:Good news! I am going to start playing this. I have no doubt it will be awesome, but I can't wait to find out exactly how awesome it is.
Awesome! I definitely hope it lives up to your expectations especially considering your level designing skillzzzz
MECHDRAGON777 wrote:Do you want me to speed run this or 100% it? If play time is 2-4 hours, I can do it in one video
If you want to then sure! I wouldn't mind seeing it.

Also if anyone's interested for whatever reason I finally finished the credits file for LFFTMK; only the graphic creators are credited though.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/boir83zz07o2s ... redits.txt
Then, Speed run or 100%? I will do it all in one video, but which one do you want first? ...and is it possible for me to play as Peach only?

ImageImageImage

reghrhre
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell

Postby reghrhre » Tue Jul 01, 2014 5:32 am

Thanks for the video bossedit8!

MECHDRAGON777: Well, it's impossible to NOT 100% the game as there's no secret exit that skips to another world so no matter what you do you'll 100% the game AND be able to speedrun it at the same time. it's hard to explain but you might see what I mean when you beat the episode

Magician
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus

Postby Magician » Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:24 am

So I'm at 5-1. Is this happening for anyone else?
Spoiler: show
I'm curious if this is a problem with my SMBX, because it doesn't seem like there's anything wrong with the graphics folder for that level.

(btw thank you reghrhre this is a good episode and I am enjoying it and I will have a more in-depth critique for you eventually)

bossedit8
Banned

Postby bossedit8 » Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:34 am

@Magician: I had this problem aswell but it got fixed after I put the SMW Bush back to the default graphics where you put the Custom Graphic SMB3 Checkpoint Graphic in it. It should fix itself if you put the SMB3 Checkpoint graphic into the World Folder instead of the "default" graphics in SMBX. The reason why it's happening is that the SMB3 Checkpoint Graphic is smaller compared of the SMW Bush and SMBX Remembers the maximum amount of size of it no matter which "default" graphics takes place.

Ethereality
Banned
Current Project: New Super Mario World - Bowser's Vengeance (SMW Hack)

Postby Ethereality » Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:20 am

The SMBX episode was amazing, I can not wait for the download. Congratulations, reghrhre! You are level designer is excellent!

I support projects:

ImageImage

I support GFX Packs:

My projects:

Coming soon...

My awesome IRC quotes:

<Berkian> My username "Berkian" congrats 2 years in SMBX!!! YAAAAYYYYYYYY!!!!!
Damn, RudeGuy! You are devil!

What Mario Character are you?
Your Result: Mario
Your Result is: Mario! You love to dance and you hate getting trapped by Bowser, your worst foe. What can be worse than getting trapped by Bowser, anyways?
Result Breakdown:
60% Mario
60% Luigi
60% Yoshi
20% Princess Peach
0% Wario

Quiz Created on GoTo Quiz

as303298
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus

Postby as303298 » Tue Jul 01, 2014 2:58 pm

I haven't had the privilege to play this for too long, but hot damn the first few levels I played were amazing. I decided to LP this after someone told me Reggie made the game, and so far I have been utterly pleased. Hell, you made a water level even (I) enjoy..and nobody likes water levels..

I have high hopes for this episode, and I hope this game remains to be challenging and fun till the very end.
The SMBX Let's Player, as303298 / Wraith Admanknight
Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/as303298?feature=mhee

h2643
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa
Flair: Украинец
Current Project: RL
Chat Username: h/hnumbers

Postby h2643 » Tue Jul 01, 2014 3:05 pm

And of course you will stop making a playthrough of this when you will reach hard levels, asnumbers.
I liked that first demo of this episode and now I'm happy that you released this, all levels looks amazing and your graphical choice was nice, but.. no special world(s)?

reghrhre
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell

Postby reghrhre » Tue Jul 01, 2014 6:12 pm

Magician wrote:So I'm at 5-1. Is this happening for anyone else?
I'm curious if this is a problem with my SMBX, because it doesn't seem like there's anything wrong with the graphics folder for that level.

(btw thank you reghrhre this is a good episode and I am enjoying it and I will have a more in-depth critique for you eventually)
Yeah what bossedit8 said I guess even though I don't really understand what he means too much :P It's great to see you're enjoying this so far though and I'm looking forward to your review!
MarioBros980 wrote:The SMBX episode was amazing, I can not wait for the download. Congratulations, reghrhre! You are level designer is excellent!
Thanks! :)
as303298 wrote:I haven't had the privilege to play this for too long, but hot damn the first few levels I played were amazing. I decided to LP this after someone told me Reggie made the game, and so far I have been utterly pleased. Hell, you made a water level even (I) enjoy..and nobody likes water levels..

I have high hopes for this episode, and I hope this game remains to be challenging and fun till the very end.
Great to see you like it so far even though I don't really like the first 4 worlds : P The game does get A LOT challenging specifically at World 7 and 8 so who knows if you'll like this afterwards but I hope you will anyways, the later levels are better IMO so considering you like the levels you played so far you'll most likely love the rest. I'll check out your LP's of this as well!
h2643 wrote:And of course you will stop making a playthrough of this when you will reach hard levels, asnumbers.
I liked that first demo of this episode and now I'm happy that you released this, all levels looks amazing and your graphical choice was nice, but.. no special world(s)?
Nope, none at all, this episode is pretty straightforward and doesn't really have anything bonus related somewhat.

Darkonius Mavakar
Boom Boom
Boom Boom
Flair: Dreams of a forgotten reality
Current Project: Dormiveglia

Postby Darkonius Mavakar » Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:23 pm

as303298 wrote:I haven't had the privilege to play this for too long, but hot damn the first few levels I played were amazing. I decided to LP this after someone told me Reggie made the game, and so far I have been utterly pleased. Hell, you made a water level even (I) enjoy..and nobody likes water levels..

wasn't that "someone" me? :3
or do i have to bring the chat logs? :3

also inb4 ragequit in world 5
My latest SMBX episode
http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... =36&t=1805

Please stop stealing all the assets made for Delightful Adventure specifically, thanks.

My media links:
Twitter: https://twitter.com/Darkonius64
Ko-Fi: https://ko-fi.com/Z8Z68EHJ

Support my indie game Dormiveglia!
https://twitter.com/DormivegliaGame

Magician
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus

Postby Magician » Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:50 am

bossedit8 wrote:@Magician: I had this problem aswell but it got fixed after I put the SMW Bush back to the default graphics where you put the Custom Graphic SMB3 Checkpoint Graphic in it. It should fix itself if you put the SMB3 Checkpoint graphic into the World Folder instead of the "default" graphics in SMBX. The reason why it's happening is that the SMB3 Checkpoint Graphic is smaller compared of the SMW Bush and SMBX Remembers the maximum amount of size of it no matter which "default" graphics takes place.
That fixed it; good call!
Do you know if there are any other graphics I should do this for, for this episode?
reghrhre wrote:
Magician wrote:So I'm at 5-1. Is this happening for anyone else?

Yeah what bossedit8 said I guess even though I don't really understand what he means too much :P It's great to see you're enjoying this so far though and I'm looking forward to your review!
I moved all of your graphics that were in the worlds folder to the graphics folder, because I always make a separate SMBX install for episodes with stuff like custom world map music. I do this generally to save a bit more space. Bossedit8 was explaining that doing this causes a problem wherein some of the graphics don't load properly, if the ones in the level folders are bigger than the ones in the graphics folders.

I've never hacked SMBX but I think it'd be cool to get an SMBX version that changes the main logo to LFFTMK's and the intro level to something more fitted, because I'll probably keep it separately as I do for Mario Classic and STTB1+2.

General question for anyone reading: Is it easy to recompile SMBX with a different logo?

bossedit8
Banned

Postby bossedit8 » Wed Jul 02, 2014 2:34 am

Magician wrote:Do you know if there are any other graphics I should do this for, for this episode?
Hmm... not really as far as I can tell but we will see.

Star
Bit
Bit
Current Project: GlitchPC. Where Insanity means Normal.

Postby Star » Wed Jul 02, 2014 2:59 am

If you can put the episode in Mediafire because some people have problems with dropbox that would be great.

AKA Nemu.
I have stop updating my project. Don't cry though. It's being updated here!

http://smbxuniverse.my-board.org/

reghrhre
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell

Postby reghrhre » Wed Jul 02, 2014 3:14 am

Magician wrote:Bossedit8 was explaining that doing this causes a problem wherein some of the graphics don't load properly, if the ones in the level folders are bigger than the ones in the graphics folders.

I've never hacked SMBX but I think it'd be cool to get an SMBX version that changes the main logo to LFFTMK's and the intro level to something more fitted, because I'll probably keep it separately as I do for Mario Classic and STTB1+2.

General question for anyone reading: Is it easy to recompile SMBX with a different logo?
Ah I understand then, thanks. And oh right that's what I forgot to do, make an intro level, I might consider it. And I never SMBX neither so I can't help with the logo part.
Star wrote:If you can put the episode in Mediafire because some people have problems with dropbox that would be great.

AKA Nemu.
The episode is actually on Mediafire. Or do you mean the credits file since the credits file since it is the only thing on dropbox.

MECHDRAGON777
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg
Flair: Nuclear Queen of Reversion.
Current Project: http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... 9&start=10
Chat Username: 鬼人 正邪

Postby MECHDRAGON777 » Wed Jul 02, 2014 4:25 am

I haven't had the privilege to play this for too long, but hot damn the first few levels I played were amazing. I decided to LP this after someone told me Reggie made the game, and so far I have been utterly pleased. Hell, you made a water level even (I) enjoy..and nobody likes water levels..

I love Water and Ice levels a lot you know!

I just recorded this 100% no cutting, but I had to skip three levels! All in World 8! Also, I did not have custom graphics for the last three levels! The levels reasons is, I spent an hour in the same level with 100 deaths and I died at the end quite a few times! Platforming + Danmaku + Link = no chance! Boss was easy though! And I got a Run-time error on the second to last level at the end!

I would upload the 140GB video to Youtube, but it does not let me! The video was 13 hours and 35 minutes long! plus a few seconds!

ImageImageImage

bossedit8
Banned

Postby bossedit8 » Wed Jul 02, 2014 4:35 am

MECHDRAGON777 wrote:I would upload the 140GB video to Youtube, but it does not let me! The video was 13 hours and 35 minutes long! plus a few seconds!
Last time I tried to upload a video that is over 12GB but at the end it does not save my progress which is annoying so I had to redo the playthrough but with less GB. It worked at the end but that is on a different SMBX Episode. Is there any Message that does not let you? Maybe try a speedrun instead of 100% or better, cut all your deaths out or what I do on my playthroughs.

reghrhre
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell

Re: (Poll) Luigi's Fight For The Mushroom Kingdom (Released!

Postby reghrhre » Wed Jul 02, 2014 4:44 am

So I added a poll because I want your guy's opinions as the responses are seriously all over the place from person to person (except for the "redo this" part)

RudeGuy
Luigi
Luigi
Flair: help
Current Project: a random smw hack
Chat Username: rudeguy

Postby RudeGuy » Wed Jul 02, 2014 5:34 am

I am stuck at the world 1, but I voted "episode's difficulty is fine as is".
im bored

Darkonius Mavakar
Boom Boom
Boom Boom
Flair: Dreams of a forgotten reality
Current Project: Dormiveglia

Postby Darkonius Mavakar » Wed Jul 02, 2014 6:07 am

Thisbis onebof those episodes where 1-ups actually matter, maybe adding more hidden 1-ups around would make things... easyer?
My latest SMBX episode
http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... =36&t=1805

Please stop stealing all the assets made for Delightful Adventure specifically, thanks.

My media links:
Twitter: https://twitter.com/Darkonius64
Ko-Fi: https://ko-fi.com/Z8Z68EHJ

Support my indie game Dormiveglia!
https://twitter.com/DormivegliaGame

bossedit8
Banned

Postby bossedit8 » Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:04 am

Darkonius Mavakar wrote:Thisbis onebof those episodes where 1-ups actually matter, maybe adding more hidden 1-ups around would make things... easyer?
Collect more Coins and Dragon Coins to make your 1UPs go higher like what I did on my playthroughs. This isn't that hard for me to play this game. Also, all you need is memorisation and learn how it works so you can get through those hard levels easily.

Return to “Episodes”