[2.4] Luigi's Fight For The Mushroom Kingdom

Share your completed SMBX episodes or play and discuss others.
Forum rules
Before you make a topic/post, consider the following:
-Is there a topic for this already?
-Does your topic feature a completed SMBX episode accompanied with screenshots?
-Is your post on-topic/appropriate?
-Are you posting in the right forum/following the forum rules?

Thoughts on the episode

Amazing - 5/5
56%
Great - 4/5
37%
Average - 3/5
2%
Eh - 2/5
2%
Bad - 1/5 (Elaborate)
3%

Total votes: 130
as303298
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus

Re: (Poll) Luigi's Fight For The Mushroom Kingdom (Released!

Postby as303298 » Wed Jul 02, 2014 8:58 am

A discussion about the difficulty in a game...seems rather unnecessary. I believe difficulty in a game is needed, otherwise how else are you supposed to get better at playing the game. I always felt that a game's difficulty is mostly on the player's ability to play and learn rather than the game itself (though there are exceptions of course). So with that I have to say the game is fine as-is.
The SMBX Let's Player, as303298 / Wraith Admanknight
Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/as303298?feature=mhee

Frozen Rex
Spiny
Spiny

Postby Frozen Rex » Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:42 am

I don't see a problem for difficulty, expect for world 8. Really what the hell is that? I can only beat the 8-1 (Unearthly Volcano). Especially 8-4 (Bound to the Volcano) kicks my ass too hard. Otherwise it is generally normal or easy.

MECHDRAGON777
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg
Flair: Nuclear Queen of Reversion.
Current Project: http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... 9&start=10
Chat Username: 鬼人 正邪

Re: Luigi's Fight For The Mushroom Kingdom (Released!)

Postby MECHDRAGON777 » Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:37 am

bossedit8 wrote:
MECHDRAGON777 wrote:I would upload the 140GB video to Youtube, but it does not let me! The video was 13 hours and 35 minutes long! plus a few seconds!
Last time I tried to upload a video that is over 12GB but at the end it does not save my progress which is annoying so I had to redo the playthrough but with less GB. It worked at the end but that is on a different SMBX Episode. Is there any Message that does not let you? Maybe try a speedrun instead of 100% or better, cut all your deaths out or what I do on my playthroughs.
YouTube wrote:The server has rejected the file. Please follow these steps and upload the file again.
As fore you quote about coins, this is the one episode I am not aiming for every coin in the episode

about death count, I had 445 or so deaths which none are cut out! I spent an hour of that time in 8-3 and 8-4 was even harder since I never use Link! So, When I made it to the end of 8-3 several times, and died all near the goal about 3 times in a row due to lag on lava underneath gaps where the platform is only 1 wide! I did have to quote un-quote, skip those two levels for that, and the second to last level gave me a run time error, so I had to skip it! I did find a bug in the last level of World 7! It counts as a death! same in the intro! could you ot make it so you get a goal when you fall to your death so it does not count it against you?

AS for your quote about editing, I have no way to edit my videos!

ImageImageImage

glitch4
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa

Postby glitch4 » Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:09 pm

I have no problems playing it.

h2643
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa
Current Project: RL
Chat Username: h/a troll

Postby h2643 » Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:25 pm

I've completed 2 worlds today, very nice episode and the difficulty was fine.

bossedit8
Toad
Toad
Current Project: Airship Attack 2
Chat Username: <3 bossedit8 <3

Re: (Poll) LFFTMK (Released!)

Postby bossedit8 » Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:36 pm

MECHDRAGON777 wrote:...and the second to last level gave me a run time error, so I had to skip it!
A Run-Time Error. Do you know which number though or the description of it? (Example: Run-Time Error 9 "Subscript out of Range")

reghrhre
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell
Flair: Discord: Benkyo#3458

Postby reghrhre » Wed Jul 02, 2014 5:51 pm

Well, I might just leave the levels as is, we'll see as I have to wait for more people to actually beat the game first.
Christian07 wrote:I am stuck at the world 1, but I voted "episode's difficulty is fine as is".
Uhh... stuck at World 1? What are you having trouble with that makes you stuck on World 1 of all places lol.
as303298 wrote:A discussion about the difficulty in a game...seems rather unnecessary. I believe difficulty in a game is needed, otherwise how else are you supposed to get better at playing the game. I always felt that a game's difficulty is mostly on the player's ability to play and learn rather than the game itself (though there are exceptions of course). So with that I have to say the game is fine as-is.
I know and I agree, though the thing is is that the game gets ridiculously hard possibly to the point where it might feel impossible. I'm definitely exaggerating how hard World 8 is but still, I can definitely say it gets a bit ridiculous though but that really varies from player to player I guess.

Star
Bit
Bit
Current Project: GlitchPC. Where Insanity means Normal.

Postby Star » Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:14 pm

How long does it take to invent the whole falling out of the sky pop thing?
I have stop updating my project. Don't cry though. It's being updated here!

http://smbxuniverse.my-board.org/

Magician
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus

Postby Magician » Thu Jul 03, 2014 1:48 am

I wouldn't change the difficulty. As long as it's fun and challenging to play, that's more important to me. I like games that dare to be really hard to beat.
There is, of course, a solid difference between Kaizo and GOOD difficulty. The former relies more on memory than reflex or skill. So far most of what I've experienced is the latter.

reghrhre
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell

Postby reghrhre » Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:33 am

Star wrote:How long does it take to invent the whole falling out of the sky pop thing?
Your message can mean 2 different things because your grammars slightly off but I'll answer both questions that I assumed you asked anyways. If you mean how long did it take for me to come up with this idea then idk. If you mean how long doe it take to make this effect in the level then only a few minutes.
Magician wrote:I wouldn't change the difficulty. As long as it's fun and challenging to play, that's more important to me. I like games that dare to be really hard to beat.
There is, of course, a solid difference between Kaizo and GOOD difficulty. The former relies more on memory than reflex or skill. So far most of what I've experienced is the latter.
That's good, world 8's really the only hard part and I'd say it's a mix between memory and reflex, but I think it's more memory if anything. And the difficulty is somewhat enemy spam but at the same time not really

Star
Bit
Bit
Current Project: GlitchPC. Where Insanity means Normal.

Postby Star » Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:22 am

Nope, I'm actually waiting for someone to invent that you won't fall out of your skypop when you hit a block from underneath.

But Its Nintendo Logic.
I have stop updating my project. Don't cry though. It's being updated here!

http://smbxuniverse.my-board.org/

reghrhre
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell

Postby reghrhre » Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:30 am

Oh, I thought you were talking about the Skypop explosion at the end of the intro. It's probably impossible to prevent the player from falling off the Skypop unfortunately, the only solution would be to use the Bowser Clown Car but the graphics are hardcoded so it's impossible to use that for the Skypop and no other sprite is like the Unused airship piece so yeah

MECHDRAGON777
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg

Re: (Poll) LFFTMK (Released!)

Postby MECHDRAGON777 » Thu Jul 03, 2014 5:41 am

bossedit8 wrote:
MECHDRAGON777 wrote:...and the second to last level gave me a run time error, so I had to skip it!
A Run-Time Error. Do you know which number though or the description of it? (Example: Run-Time Error 9 "Subscript out of Range")
That was it! At the very end of the level to! or the end of the second sector! I had no custom graphics though, so that include NPC codes as well!

ImageImageImage

reghrhre
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell

Postby reghrhre » Fri Jul 04, 2014 4:14 am

Yo as303298, I watched the first part of your LP and I guess I'll just reply to things I feel I should. That last level was laggy because of the spinning platform, I honestly have no idea why it makes the level lag about a bit especially considering it's just simple layer attaching and considering I have a shit ton of layer attachings to certain levels but yet they don't lag but yeah, the spinning platforms made the level lag a bit. You don't have to worry about other levels being laggy though except for like, 2-3 levels.

And you said something about me already showing some nice level ideas in the 2nd level or something like that and I'll just say that it gets WAY better later. As for the difficulty, I can't judge for you but World 7 and 8 is the ones you should worry about the most.

Kyo
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell
Current Project: The Twilight Star

Postby Kyo » Fri Jul 04, 2014 6:47 am

Honestly, 2-7 is way too difficult for a second world. It's MUCH more difficult than any level from world 3-5. I think I've already told you about that when I got the Beta version, though.

Kley
Edge
Edge
Flair: Robot
Chat Username: Kley

Postby Kley » Fri Jul 04, 2014 9:13 am

Well said knux. I totally agree with him. I've only in world one and I can tell that in going to be extremely nor eased with this episode. You have a very unique way of designing levels and I absolutely LOVE how every level has a unique gimmick. I love that the level exits are also gimmicked! Well done

RudeGuy
Luigi
Luigi
Flair: help
Current Project: a random smw hack
Chat Username: rudeguy

Postby RudeGuy » Fri Jul 04, 2014 9:38 am

I am too slow, I arrived only at world 2 and now I unlocked the secret of the world 1-1. Anyways I can say that this episode is fantastic! The gimnicks are well made and the atmosphere too.
im bored

Warlock
Nipper Plant
Nipper Plant
Flair: The maddest of scientists.
Current Project: Looking for the next MAJOR DISCOVERY!
Chat Username: Warlock

Postby Warlock » Fri Jul 04, 2014 4:23 pm

This episode is fantastic! I am inworld 2 and I must say I like the design and graphics you had in the level. I do thatink the the Burglar bos in World 1 was a little difficult. but eventually I completed it!

Keep up the good work, reghrhre!
Last edited by bossedit8 on Wed Feb 25, 2015 5:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed unnecessary stuff
Hey there! I'm just a normal lad. Nothing special about me, I promise.

If you have a New Super Luigi U save file on your Wii U, you automatically unlock the Luigi Bros game in SM3DW.

"I'm not sure if you need serious help, are an idiot, came here to troll, or all three at once. I'm gonna guess all three at once."

MECHDRAGON777
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg

Postby MECHDRAGON777 » Fri Jul 04, 2014 6:51 pm

I beat this in one siting and then again the next day with a fastest completion time of 6 hours and some odd minutes and 7:14:57 for World 4 added to it! [Yes, I used "Illparkwhereiwant" just to do World 4 after World 8 as in I did this in Speedrun fashion and my first play-through took 13 and a half hours!] Also, I used that cheat in the Speedrun since I was playing World 5 as Peach and got a run time error 2 levels before I needed her, which was the first bridge level, 5-3 I think! maybe 5-4! but I should be allowed that since it would of taken forever to walk out of World 5 to get into World 2! [I.E. I had to go from the last level of world 3 back to the second level of world 2 and that is longer then most people think! So you can not blame me for that! and I did not want to use "Ibakedacakeforyou" for some reason!] Anyway, I think I am the first to speed run this or beat it twice!

ImageImageImage

CreatorForce
Nipper Plant
Nipper Plant

Postby CreatorForce » Fri Jul 04, 2014 8:56 pm

I almost going world 3.

Return to “Episodes”