[2.4] Luigi's Fight For The Mushroom Kingdom

Share your completed SMBX episodes or play and discuss others.
Forum rules
Before you make a topic/post, consider the following:
-Is there a topic for this already?
-Does your topic feature a completed SMBX episode accompanied with screenshots?
-Is your post on-topic/appropriate?
-Are you posting in the right forum/following the forum rules?

Thoughts on the episode

Amazing - 5/5
56%
Great - 4/5
37%
Average - 3/5
2%
Eh - 2/5
2%
Bad - 1/5 (Elaborate)
3%

Total votes: 131
Pseudo
Peach
Peach
Current Project: ???

Re: LFFTMK - (2/3: World 5 Screenshots!)

Postby Pseudo » Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:46 am

reghrhre wrote:
Pseudo-dino wrote:
reghrhre wrote:And hmm, what's not right about the Koopas? They're actually pretty relevant to the leveltheme btw
I trust you, but there's just something weird about them to me. It's a matter of personal opinion, of course. I think I'm just too used to the default graphics.
Ahh I see, I guess I'll give you some info on the Koopas. They're Elite Koopas so they're a lot tougher/different than normal ones as they have unique abilities, to differentiate their powers, they're given an evil look and they wear scarves, though the spritesheet I got these Koopas from didn't really look like scarves (only the non parakoopas) so I edited it even though it looks like shit lol. These Koopas are based off of the Elite Koopas from a SMW hack called "SMW Yeah" but I gave them different powers since I can't replicate any of them in SMBX, or it'd be too much work for what it's worth honestly. Even though that's the case, here's a video of the original Elite Koopas if you're interested.
Oh OK, understood. I assumed that they were just regular koopas with a different look. This makes a lot of sense, then, and I definitely have no problem with them. Looking forward to finding out what their powers are now.
its ya girl pseudo and im back on a provisional basis

"sterydy Behemoth expiable novae iconically night owl ticklish turbocharger bactrian riveting . Solidus quits frothy managua scrimper shadowy enthusiastically rearrangement curviness matronliness pinyin piroshki gradual hysterically locker room versed . Horrendous unicorn transnational parka lasso very forbiddingly laborsaving cochabamba hair-raising floozy philter transnational ."
- a spam account 2016

Darkonius Mavakar
Boom Boom
Boom Boom
Flair: Pizza
Current Project: None as of now.

Postby Darkonius Mavakar » Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:25 am

Are those diagonal bullets? wow this projecy caught my attention even more!
Regghy boy keep up the good work ! <3

bossedit8
Toad
Toad
Current Project: Airship Attack 2
Chat Username: <3 bossedit8 <3

Postby bossedit8 » Sun Feb 09, 2014 5:43 am

Something that I want to throw into this board...

...and that is another playthrough from this Game.

SnifitGuy
Birdo
Birdo

Postby SnifitGuy » Sun Feb 09, 2014 6:44 am

I have solution to the bouncing diagonal bullet bills. Replace one of the SMW fish with them because they always go through blocks.

zlaker
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa

Postby zlaker » Mon Feb 10, 2014 4:25 pm

I've been following this project for a while reghrhre and I must say you must be proud of yourself for making such an amazing game like this. The GFX is wonderful and it features Luigi as a playable character, which I really like. Amazing. Good job and can't wait to see more.
Meow..
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
I make art lol

Kingbowser112
Ripper II
Ripper II
Current Project: TOP SECRET u.u (TGBR)

Postby Kingbowser112 » Mon Feb 17, 2014 3:27 pm

This looks good! The video is very brillant! Also the screens! However I think that this is a new favorite SMBX episode!
" But first, let me take a selfie " 8-)
DO WHAT I WANT NEVER TAKE ADVICE
My signature: Kingbowser112
Jason Statham Rocks !!!
My FaceBook Account: https://www.facebook.com/kingbowser.kingbowser (In really my very name should be "Kingbowser112" but Face disagrees)
My Steam Account: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198119152147
My FB Fan Page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Kingbows ... izard=true
SORRY FOR MY BAD ENGLISH, I'M JUST FROM ITALY!!!
My watchword: " KINGBOWSER112 RULES! " [PUT THIS WATCHWORD IN YOUR SIGNATURES IF YOU ARE A FAN OF ME!]
LONG LIFE JESUS CHRISTE!
Smoke weed everyday !! :mrgreen:
My project: viewtopic.php?f=90&t=16313&p=235206#p235206 (Check it now!)

reghrhre
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell
Flair: Discord: Benkyo#3458

Re: LFFTMK - (Not-so-Important-Poll)

Postby reghrhre » Fri Feb 21, 2014 7:47 pm

Just as the title implies, should I keep or remove the Unused Guys? I haven't been adding them since World 4 and I know they're not important so whether I keep them or not won't matter, but I'll still ask anyways since there were some people who liked them.

The people who played my demo know what they are, but for those who don't, basically, they're NPCs who say random stuff, there's one in each level, they're Easter Eggs pretty much.

If this post was a waste of your time then here, have a mini spoiler of a level I'm currently working on, 6-3. I'm making pretty decent progress with World 6 already.
Spoiler: show
It also looks like I forgot to reply to some people here for whatever reason so I'll do so in this next spoiler:
@bosedit8: Thanks for the playthrough! I'm actually behind so I'll need to catch up before I can watch that.
SnifitGuy69 wrote:I have solution to the bouncing diagonal bullet bills. Replace one of the SMW fish with them because they always go through blocks.
I tried it out and it works. Thanks! I'll replace the diagonal bullet bills with that then.

@zlakerboy357: Thanks! Glad to see you like it!

@Kingbowser112: Thanks for the comment as well! And to hear that it may be your new favorite SMBX project is really awesome to hear!

FanofSMBX
Bowser
Bowser

Postby FanofSMBX » Fri Feb 21, 2014 8:33 pm

Beezos have clash. Also, why do the Baseball Chucks have a different pose?

I believe in Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. If you do, put this in your signature.
My graphics pack!
Supporting forums:

SMBX Galaxy forum by Pivot40Channel
http://smbxgalaxy.prophpbb.com/
Come to the SMBX+ forums by illias3000. There is a whole forum category dedicated to the boss rush series with official rushes, submit bosses, and fan boss rushes! It is still open but AirSeus Forums is now open:
http://nsmbx.prophpbb.com/
AirSeus Forums the new home of the Boss Rush series:
http://smbxairseusforums.prophpbb.com/
First to discover:
Spark
Eerie
Grinder
Rainbow Shell
Birdo
Boom Boom
KINGBOWSER112 RULES!

TLtimelord
Red Yoshi Egg
Red Yoshi Egg

Postby TLtimelord » Fri Feb 21, 2014 8:51 pm

FanofSMBX wrote:Also, why do the Baseball Chucks have a different pose?
Because it's probably impossible to make it exactly like the Nintendo counterpart. Are you gonna bitch, moan, and complain about every single fucking NPC in SMBX that isn't the same as the Nintendo one or are we going to make the best of what we have from now on?

Anyways, I played through the demo of this a bit ago regrhrhre and the graphic appeal of it is absolutely stellar. What's the big ostrich thing in the first screenshot BTW?
In an age of darkness light appears
And it wards away the ancient fears
March to the anthem of the heart
To a brand new day, a brand new start

Star
Bit
Bit
Current Project: GlitchPC. Where Insanity means Normal.

Postby Star » Fri Feb 21, 2014 9:01 pm

This big ostrich thing is a enemy from the Super Mario 3D World Wii U game. It's found in World 2
I have stop updating my project. Don't cry though. It's being updated here!

http://smbxuniverse.my-board.org/

FallingSnow
Ninji
Ninji

Postby FallingSnow » Fri Feb 21, 2014 9:55 pm

FanofSMBX wrote:Beezos have clash.
They don't really...

FanofSMBX
Bowser
Bowser

Postby FanofSMBX » Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:09 pm

TNTtimelord wrote:
FanofSMBX wrote:Also, why do the Baseball Chucks have a different pose?
Because it's probably impossible to make it exactly like the Nintendo counterpart. Are you gonna bitch, moan, and complain about every single fucking NPC in SMBX that isn't the same as the Nintendo one or are we going to make the best of what we have from now on?

Anyways, I played through the demo of this a bit ago regrhrhre and the graphic appeal of it is absolutely stellar. What's the big ostrich thing in the first screenshot BTW?
You see, the ones he made over Birdo, when you place them in the editor their arms are down instead of up. I was wondering if this graphic change meant he had changed the frames or put them over a new NPC.

I believe in Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. If you do, put this in your signature.
My graphics pack!
Supporting forums:

SMBX Galaxy forum by Pivot40Channel
http://smbxgalaxy.prophpbb.com/
Come to the SMBX+ forums by illias3000. There is a whole forum category dedicated to the boss rush series with official rushes, submit bosses, and fan boss rushes! It is still open but AirSeus Forums is now open:
http://nsmbx.prophpbb.com/
AirSeus Forums the new home of the Boss Rush series:
http://smbxairseusforums.prophpbb.com/
First to discover:
Spark
Eerie
Grinder
Rainbow Shell
Birdo
Boom Boom
KINGBOWSER112 RULES!

reghrhre
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell

Postby reghrhre » Sat Feb 22, 2014 1:18 am

FallingSnow wrote:
FanofSMBX wrote:Beezos have clash.
They don't really...
Pretty much this, I also didn't recolor them yet at the time anyways, they're better looking now.
FanofSMBX wrote:You see, the ones he made over Birdo, when you place them in the editor their arms are down instead of up. I was wondering if this graphic change meant he had changed the frames or put them over a new NPC.
Yes it replaces Birdo, but it animates through 3 frames as if it just threw the ball, I'm too lazy to make a gif showing how it looks right now so ask me later.
TNTtimelord wrote:Anyways, I played through the demo of this a bit ago regrhrhre and the graphic appeal of it is absolutely stellar. What's the big ostrich thing in the first screenshot BTW?
Thanks! About the Ostrich, it's exactly what NeverEndingGamer said. And if you don't know what it does it tries to squish the player by smashing its head into the ground when the players nearby like a Thwomp.

Pseudo
Peach
Peach
Current Project: ???

Postby Pseudo » Sat Feb 22, 2014 1:50 am

Random and pointless easter eggs are always fun, so I'd suggest you keep the Unused Guys, personally.

As for the new screenshots, I really like the graphics for those Muncher vines and the 3D World bird thing. How does the bird work, by the way?
its ya girl pseudo and im back on a provisional basis

"sterydy Behemoth expiable novae iconically night owl ticklish turbocharger bactrian riveting . Solidus quits frothy managua scrimper shadowy enthusiastically rearrangement curviness matronliness pinyin piroshki gradual hysterically locker room versed . Horrendous unicorn transnational parka lasso very forbiddingly laborsaving cochabamba hair-raising floozy philter transnational ."
- a spam account 2016

zlaker
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa

Postby zlaker » Sat Feb 22, 2014 5:39 am

I'm agree with Pseudo-dino. You should keep it. Easter eggs are always fun to find in projects even tough it's random. You should keep it. Besides the level looks pretty good and pretty exiting. Can't wait to play the full game reghrhre.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
I make art lol

reghrhre
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell

Postby reghrhre » Sat Feb 22, 2014 2:37 pm

Well, I guess the answer is obvious now, I'm gonna remove the Unused Guys keep them, thanks for replying/voting.
Pseudo-dino wrote:How does the bird work, by the way?
The head replaces the Thwomp and the body replaces a BGO. The body is set to its own layer so in case the player kills the head it'll activate a Death Event which will make that layer disappear as well.

Darkonius Mavakar
Boom Boom
Boom Boom
Flair: Pizza
Current Project: None as of now.

Postby Darkonius Mavakar » Sat Feb 22, 2014 2:55 pm

well looks like i'm the only one who voted 'no'
why? because i think they shouldn't be in EVERY level, because that makes me think that you put unused enemies on purpose...
and they're easter eggs, you don't get anything or accomplish anything
just my opinion though, i really love the episode.

reghrhre
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell

Postby reghrhre » Sat Feb 22, 2014 3:30 pm

They were always added on purpose though, and they don't affect anything really other than the seriousness of the level assuming the level is serious, they're an addition that only takes about 5 minutes to add in anyways; and oh, I'm not trying to debate with you btw.

bossedit8
Toad
Toad
Current Project: Airship Attack 2
Chat Username: <3 bossedit8 <3

Postby bossedit8 » Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:28 am

Part 13 and 14 of my Playthrough of this SMBX Episode:

Original YouTube Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vwEnjziqPQ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPKClZM7kok

Navi
Ninji
Ninji
Current Project: trying to be a normal person
Chat Username: NavBot

Postby Navi » Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:32 am

The ostrich enemy is a Conkdor. And nice work with the project. Almost everyone is supporting you.
Hello~ I'm previously known as Alex48, or by crunch40 for very old people.

Memorabilia:
<Legend-tony980> And I'm sexually impure.
== broadband was kicked from #teatime by Gohan [eww broadband]
"I don't have time for this, sorry" ~ Joey 2015
<reghrhre> close, ronald garcia

Crusher: kedy (the adjective) means rude or mean
kedy (the verb) means to ban/kick/kickban
kedy (the noun) means bad leader

now, see you in 3 years when im finally unbanned
xD

[Friday, May 01, 2015 6:12 PM] Crusher169: Kedy-kun-kawaii-desu-san-chan-sensai-senpai
Good morning/afternoon/noon/evening/night/midnight/dawn to everyone!
Supporting:
bossedit8's project:
Touhou Mario 2
OPEN SESAME:

Return to “Episodes”