[2.4] Luigi's Fight For The Mushroom Kingdom

Share your completed SMBX episodes or play and discuss others.

Thoughts on the episode

Amazing - 5/5
79
56%
Great - 4/5
52
37%
Average - 3/5
2
1%
Eh - 2/5
4
3%
Bad - 1/5 (Elaborate)
4
3%
 
Total votes: 141
User avatar
bossedit8
Banned
Posts: 6846
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:35 pm
Current Project: Airship Attack 2
Chat Username: <3 bossedit8 <3
Contact:

Re: (Version 2.1) Luigi's Fight For The Mushroom Kingdom

Postby bossedit8 » Thu Mar 19, 2015 1:10 pm

A secondary part has been arrived and it is here:



Original link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZ0yfK08q2s

reghrhre
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell
Posts: 677
Joined: Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:19 pm

Re: (Version 2.1) Luigi's Fight For The Mushroom Kingdom

Postby reghrhre » Fri Mar 20, 2015 6:12 am

To get the secret warp in the cave level with the waterfalls you can swim on you need to hit that brown P-Switch then go back to where that vine is which is near the first big body of water is at and a door should appear on top of the cement block. I can't explain it good since im not on my computer and I can't see the level itself to explain minor details so you could watch this video instead: http://youtu.be/NRJnfXysP0s

You know, if I ever do another update I think I'll add level skips to worlds 5-8 because why not?

User avatar
bossedit8
Banned
Posts: 6846
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:35 pm
Current Project: Airship Attack 2
Chat Username: <3 bossedit8 <3
Contact:

Re: (Version 2.1) Luigi's Fight For The Mushroom Kingdom

Postby bossedit8 » Fri Mar 27, 2015 2:05 pm

Part 3 and 4... yaaay:



Original link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7q79XUhBbgE http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XzLpbPcW6zI


Part 5 has been appeard aswell:



Original link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtZEP_Xc4cg

reghrhre
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell
Posts: 677
Joined: Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:19 pm

Re: (Version 2.1) Luigi's Fight For The Mushroom Kingdom

Postby reghrhre » Sun Mar 29, 2015 5:17 am

Shit, I thought I removed the hammer suits in worlds 1-4, looks like I got some updating to do for other stuff too. And I forgot the Tanooki suit can break hammer blocks too so I gotta remove Tanooki suits in worlds 1-4. I'll work on fixing things up once whenever I have time.

Well, I'm caught up on the co-op videos now, yay!!!1

But yeah, next time you do a co-op with MECHDRAGON777 or whoever you really do need to give the person you're playing with more opportunities to talk and to listen to them more. You interrupt MECHDRAGON777 a lot and sometimes don't even let him finish what he's saying because you talk almost literally, every second, and it's kinda bothersome, even for me. Idk if MECH talks a lot but if he doesn't, then you talking a lot is fine, but when he starts to say something be sure to stop and listen to what he has to say at least because it is a bit rude to interrupt/not listen to him.

User avatar
bossedit8
Banned
Posts: 6846
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:35 pm
Current Project: Airship Attack 2
Chat Username: <3 bossedit8 <3
Contact:

Re: (Version 2.1) Luigi's Fight For The Mushroom Kingdom

Postby bossedit8 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:16 am

Txunere wrote:Next time you do a co-op with MECHDRAGON777 or whoever you really do need to give the person you're playing with more opportunities to talk and to listen to them more. You interrupt MECHDRAGON777 a lot and sometimes don't even let him finish what he's saying because you talk almost literally, every second, and it's kinda bothersome, even for me. Idk if MECH talks a lot but if he doesn't, then you talking a lot is fine, but when he starts to say something be sure to stop and listen to what he has to say at least because it is a bit rude to interrupt/not listen to him.
I should let him say more so that's kind of my fault on that by interrupting him but the problem by @MECHDRAGON777 is that he doesn't really speak a lot during gameplay since he is more focused to the game instead of actually saying anything topic relative. Another problem is that he asks a lot of questions and there comes at times where I am unable to answer depends of the sentence but I really should ask again of what he asked before so I can understand better... so that's my fault since I am the one that when the first sentence has been spoken, I can't understand at first depends of the structure of the sentence since as you already know, I am a foreigner so English isn't my first language to utulize. I am gonna try to avoid it in the future though if I can. Sadly this is a one run Let's Play so things can be nearly the same as the already released parts. Again, I apologize for that and @MECHDRAGON777 also apologizes for the lack of commentary on our co-screen Let's Play.

New part:



Original link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJnuheiG5hM

User avatar
Kennon42
Spiny
Spiny
Posts: 49
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2015 8:44 pm

Re: (Version 2.1) Luigi's Fight For The Mushroom Kingdom

Postby Kennon42 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:09 pm

This has got to be the BEST SMBX EPISODE EVER MAADE

reghrhre
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell
Posts: 677
Joined: Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:19 pm

Re: (Version 2.1) Luigi's Fight For The Mushroom Kingdom

Postby reghrhre » Tue Mar 31, 2015 4:56 pm

bossedit8 wrote:*stuff*
Yeah that's fine, no problem, and now that I know that MECHDRAGON777 doesn't speak a lot then I'm fine with you talking, I thought he would talk so that's part of the reason I said what I said. Just keep in mind to listen to the person you're playing with when they try to talk and everything should be fine.
Kennon42 wrote:This has got to be the BEST SMBX EPISODE EVER MAADE
Thanks for the comment! And I agree, this is the best SMBX episode ever! ^_^

User avatar
bossedit8
Banned
Posts: 6846
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:35 pm
Current Project: Airship Attack 2
Chat Username: <3 bossedit8 <3
Contact:

Re: (Version 2.1) Luigi's Fight For The Mushroom Kingdom

Postby bossedit8 » Mon Apr 06, 2015 8:12 pm

Txunere wrote:Just keep in mind to listen to the person you're playing with when they try to talk and everything should be fine.
Yeah that's sadly a fixed problem we have on the rest of the video parts of LFFTMK... at least I marked your words for now to listen to other peoples more.

New part arrival:



Original link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrehzsoinc8 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otoQaTGc4F4

CreatorForce
Nipper Plant
Nipper Plant
Posts: 722
Joined: Sun Jan 19, 2014 12:41 am

Re: (Version 2.1) Luigi's Fight For The Mushroom Kingdom

Postby CreatorForce » Mon Apr 06, 2015 8:34 pm

LFFTMK looks great, anyway the song almost from other games. I see in world 5 Or 6 you using, Maybe Almost All Using touhou soundtrack. An Another level pretty cool. So yeah, keep up bro. :)

User avatar
bossedit8
Banned
Posts: 6846
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:35 pm
Current Project: Airship Attack 2
Chat Username: <3 bossedit8 <3
Contact:

Re: (Version 2.1) Luigi's Fight For The Mushroom Kingdom

Postby bossedit8 » Mon Apr 13, 2015 5:24 pm


User avatar
MECHDRAGON777
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg
Posts: 6266
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2013 6:40 pm
Flair: Nuclear Queen of Reversion.
Current Project: http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... 9&start=10
Chat Username: 鬼人 正邪
Contact:

Re: (Version 2.1) Luigi's Fight For The Mushroom Kingdom

Postby MECHDRAGON777 » Mon Apr 13, 2015 5:30 pm

bossedit8 wrote:New parts arrived:



Original link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3-5agrm-zs http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ScnR7fIQQJQ

Finally done!
So I can finnaly see which one of us finnished first... Yay

ImageImageImage
Image

Image

reghrhre
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell
Posts: 677
Joined: Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:19 pm

Re: (Version 2.2) Luigi's Fight For The Mushroom Kingdom

Postby reghrhre » Sat Apr 18, 2015 7:04 am

Thanks for the co-op play bossedit8 and MECHDRAGON777! Yes, I did watch every part and every minute of each part and I enjoyed the playthrough overall, idk about you guys but thanks nonetheless. :3

And because of your co-op play you guys made me realize there's a lot more bugs that needed fixing and I fixed most of them. So yep, version 2.2 is here oh boy...!
I did NOT even test this version to make sure all these changes actually were done I like I said they were so if there is an error despite me saying in the changelog it's been fixed then you know why.

Version 2.2 Changelog
Spoiler: show
- Removed the right side up chainsaws in 4-7 as their hitboxes were terribly off
- Removed the hammer suit in 3-6 which was hidden in the section with the green switch
- The blue bullet bill cannons that appeared in 5-1 and 5-2 replaced slope blocks. They now replace solid blocks.
- Fixed the Spike Top's death effect in Lava Pit (6-5)
- During the Golden Mushroom section in 7-6 the player could fly under the ground and skip the last half of the section, this has been fixed
- Fixed a grammar issue in one of the messages explaining General Toad in 7-6
- The "kill all the thwomps" to advance further gimmick in 6-7 was unncessary so I removed having to kill all the thwomps a requirement
- Removed the Hammer Suits in 4-2, 4-3, 4-5 (Removed the Tanooki Suit in 4-5 and 4-7)
- Fixed a grammar issue in the message box that's in the beginning of 5-1
- The character change blocks graphics now use bossedit8's version
- Toad has his own coin graphic in SMBX and its been changed to use a SMB3 coin graphic globally throughout the episode. While this is the case, some levels normal coin graphics (AKA the coin graphics for Luigi and General Toad) are recolored while Toad's coin graphic isn't. This has been fixed.
- Added level skips in Worlds 5-8 for almost every level
- Made an exclusive LFFTMK intro for SMBX. AKA, the intro you see when you pick an episode
And here's a download for the update. This download only includes the files necessary for the update, it does not include everything. If you wanna download everything then check the first post.

Image

That is all. I plan on posting videos of the level skips for Worlds 5-8 when I have time.

User avatar
MECHDRAGON777
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg
Posts: 6266
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2013 6:40 pm
Flair: Nuclear Queen of Reversion.
Current Project: http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... 9&start=10
Chat Username: 鬼人 正邪
Contact:

Re: (Version 2.2) Luigi's Fight For The Mushroom Kingdom

Postby MECHDRAGON777 » Sat Apr 18, 2015 7:53 am

Txunere wrote:Thanks for the co-op play bossedit8 and MECHDRAGON777! Yes, I did watch every part and every minute of each part and I enjoyed the playthrough overall, idk about you guys but thanks nonetheless. :3

And because of your co-op play you guys made me realize there's a lot more bugs that needed fixing and I fixed most of them. So yep, version 2.2 is here oh boy...!
I did NOT even test this version to make sure all these changes actually were done I like I said they were so if there is an error despite me saying in the changelog it's been fixed then you know why.

Version 2.2 Changelog
Spoiler: show
- Removed the right side up chainsaws in 4-7 as their hitboxes were terribly off
- Removed the hammer suit in 3-6 which was hidden in the section with the green switch
- The blue bullet bill cannons that appeared in 5-1 and 5-2 replaced slope blocks. They now replace solid blocks.
- Fixed the Spike Top's death effect in Lava Pit (6-5)
- During the Golden Mushroom section in 7-6 the player could fly under the ground and skip the last half of the section, this has been fixed
- Fixed a grammar issue in one of the messages explaining General Toad in 7-6
- The "kill all the thwomps" to advance further gimmick in 6-7 was unncessary so I removed having to kill all the thwomps a requirement
- Removed the Hammer Suits in 4-2, 4-3, 4-5 (Removed the Tanooki Suit in 4-5 and 4-7)
- Fixed a grammar issue in the message box that's in the beginning of 5-1
- The character change blocks graphics now use bossedit8's version
- Toad has his own coin graphic in SMBX and its been changed to use a SMB3 coin graphic globally throughout the episode. While this is the case, some levels normal coin graphics (AKA the coin graphics for Luigi and General Toad) are recolored while Toad's coin graphic isn't. This has been fixed.
- Added level skips in Worlds 5-8 for almost every level
- Made an exclusive LFFTMK intro for SMBX. AKA, the intro you see when you pick an episode
And here's a download for the update. This download only includes the files necessary for the update, it does not include everything. If you wanna download everything then check the first post.

Image

That is all. I plan on posting videos of the level skips for Worlds 5-8 when I have time.
doe that mean we will have to play it again? Anyway, thank you and sorry for useing 2.0 instead of 2.1... Sorry... I tried to use every level skip I knew of...

ImageImageImage
Image

Image

reghrhre
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell
Posts: 677
Joined: Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:19 pm

Re: (Version 2.2) Luigi's Fight For The Mushroom Kingdom

Postby reghrhre » Sat Apr 18, 2015 7:56 am

Nah you don't have to, nothing big was changed at all, I only did very small edits to each level, you shouldn't expect anything new if you replay this.

User avatar
MECHDRAGON777
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg
Posts: 6266
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2013 6:40 pm
Flair: Nuclear Queen of Reversion.
Current Project: http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... 9&start=10
Chat Username: 鬼人 正邪
Contact:

Re: (Version 2.2) Luigi's Fight For The Mushroom Kingdom

Postby MECHDRAGON777 » Sun Apr 19, 2015 11:48 pm

Txunere wrote:Nah you don't have to, nothing big was changed at all, I only did very small edits to each level, you shouldn't expect anything new if you replay this.
I have playe the full game tree times already, what harm would a fourth one do?

ImageImageImage
Image

Image

reghrhre
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell
Posts: 677
Joined: Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:19 pm

Re: (Version 2.2) Luigi's Fight For The Mushroom Kingdom

Postby reghrhre » Mon Apr 20, 2015 6:06 am

Oh, it's up to you though, I won't stop you. : P

Well, here's a video of the World 5 skips. Watch in HD, it has 60FPS!! :3 It's better to watch the video by going to the direct URL, the gameplay screen is all small when embedded for some reason.

reghrhre
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell
Posts: 677
Joined: Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:19 pm

Re: (Version 2.2) Luigi's Fight For The Mushroom Kingdom

Postby reghrhre » Tue Apr 21, 2015 4:30 pm

World 6 level skips! For some reason the video blacks out and idk why; sorry about that.



EDIT: World 7 Level Skips


User avatar
Kennon42
Spiny
Spiny
Posts: 49
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2015 8:44 pm

Re: (Version 2.2) Luigi's Fight For The Mushroom Kingdom

Postby Kennon42 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:32 pm

Um hi um I have a problem when I downloaded..

The level 1 thing is missing

The file with the custom gfx's is there

But not the 1-1 .lvl file. Can you provide me with the level? its the one called Obscure Brume.

reghrhre
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell
Posts: 677
Joined: Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:19 pm

Re: (Version 2.2) Luigi's Fight For The Mushroom Kingdom

Postby reghrhre » Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:30 am

Sorry for the wait, here you go: https://www.sendspace.com/file/st09ov

Is that the only thing missing? And you downloaded version 2.2 right?

User avatar
BERTIE IS BACK
Banned
Posts: 18
Joined: Tue Apr 28, 2015 1:48 pm

Re: (Version 2.2) Luigi's Fight For The Mushroom Kingdom

Postby BERTIE IS BACK » Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:34 pm

crap


Return to “Episodes”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests