Bowser's Dark Plan Episode v4.0 [Coming Soon!]

Share your completed SMBX episodes or play and discuss others.
dragonfan96
Nipper Plant
Nipper Plant

Bowser's Dark Plan Episode v4.0 [Coming Soon!]

Postby dragonfan96 » Tue Aug 05, 2014 4:55 am

Image<--------(made by Squishy Rex)

Here's the backstory of the episode:
Bowser, Defeated countless times, Stomped by the plumber duo for far to long.. is fed up of losing. His last option, the "Plan Z" of it all...
Create a Machine that alters reality and bends to Bowser's liking.. but what will that cost? And what will become of he Mushroom Kingdom?
Find out in the improved Episode go through 6 worlds with unique landscapes and if you're feeling lucky figure out the secret of the stars..
Who knows it might come in handy to have a few stars or two on your adventures!
Changelog

V4 Layout Plans
Spoiler: show
BDP - The Overhaul Update!
W1 Meadow Plains
W2- Toxic Caverns
W3- Glacier Glades
W4- Evergreen Hinterlands
W5- Fluff Puff Valley
W6- Molten Core
Star Road(s) - Cosmic Zone
Special World - ???

Screenshots of levels from around the world! (Still a Slide Show With New Content as well as some that hasnt changed)
(these are outdated and only showcase v2 (for now,) and will be changed over time...)
I'll be fixing this link with Imgur here in shortly

Credits goes to:
Valtteri (Valtteri Graphic pack)
Squishy Rex (The New CGFX pack v1.6 and episode logo thanks :) )
Red_Yoshi(CGFX pack v3.1)
D00D64 (made the Rosalina GFX)
Reghrhre (Toxic Waste/Oil Tileset(LFftMK Oil)
Quill(ToB8 Arrow Blocks)
Dragonmaster146(GFX pack)
Airship(GFX pack)
Rest of the Credits are in the Read Me ;)

Download Link: Red Link is the old one Green Link is the REMASTERED one Lastly, in order to complete the game you'll need 40 out of 65 stars! (tons of sidequests to do that are very enjoyable to play!)

This episode is now back and got big plans on overhauling 90% of what was here with either VERY poor Design work in levels
Example :
FirestarPlays wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:20 pm
I don't recommend these episodes: Bowser's Dark Plan- too many enemies

I am seeking any current feed back as of right now on any current bugs with the project or flaws besides poor level design or enemy spam,
Such as broken events or areas that could use improve with some positive constructive criticism.
(this goes for any grammatical mistakes I made with message boxes)
Last edited by dragonfan96 on Fri May 22, 2020 1:35 pm, edited 14 times in total.
-Community Contest Results-
CC9- Placed 46th 5.36/10 Sands of Time Tier 3
CC11- Placed 51st 5.72/10 Volcanic Panic Tier 5

You can Find Me Here forums.OmegaRealm.com
On the MC server omegarealm.com (play.omegarealm.com)
YT: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi8FMZ ... MJe94tH2Yw

goombaguy
Ripper II
Ripper II
Flair: AKA Kiyoshi
Current Project: 6 Returning Coins

Re: Bowser's Dark Plan Demo

Postby goombaguy » Thu Aug 07, 2014 7:17 am

This is a great project. There is a bit of style mixing, but that doesn't matter. And please change the smb1 background to a smb3 background. That would work great with the tileset.
DISCORD: kiyoshi#7569
MY TWITTER

RudeGuy
Luigi
Luigi
Flair: help
Current Project: a random smw hack
Chat Username: rudeguy

Postby RudeGuy » Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:48 am

Nice, but I'd like if you fix these things:
Third screenshot: I think you should change the bushes to some SMB3 ones, but the SMW ones are good.
Fourth screenshot: There is a cutoff between the blocks and the lava.
Fifth screenshot: I think the cave BGOs should be green instead of black.
Sixth screenshot: It's really bland. Put a background, some NPCs and some BGOs.
Eighth screenshot: Try to recolor those pink SMB2 clouds into some blue ones.

The other screenshots looks nice.
im bored

Uzendayo
Kamikaze Koopa
Kamikaze Koopa
Current Project: I don't even know anymore

Postby Uzendayo » Thu Aug 07, 2014 5:30 pm

Christian07 wrote: Eighth screenshot: Try to recolor those pink SMB2 clouds into some blue ones.
That and the stem of the mushroom is off-center and is driving me nuts.
I placed 18th in CC8,
I placed 8th in CC11, and I
Won 1st in the First Vanilla Level Competition
┬┴┬┴┤(・_├┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┤(・_├┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┤(・_├┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┤(・_├┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┤(・_├┬┴┬┴
You might know me as Epoch
STOP INSTIGATING
STOP INSTIGATING
STOP INSTIGATING
STOP INSTIGATING

dragonfan96
Nipper Plant
Nipper Plant

Postby dragonfan96 » Fri Aug 08, 2014 2:41 am

Christian07 wrote: Fifth screenshot: I think the cave BGOs should be green instead of black.
Sixth screenshot: It's really bland. Put a background, some NPCs and some BGOs.
The other screenshots looks nice.
I for some reason can't find Green BGO of those...I'll and i can't delete them or it'll look boring and plain
The black screenshot is part of the plot having a "void of emptiness" with nothing living( like Sammer Kingdom in Super Paper Mario(Inspiration))

Thanks for yours and everyone else's feedback this really helps me out!

FanofSMBX
Bowser
Bowser

Postby FanofSMBX » Sat Aug 09, 2014 12:53 pm

The green cave BGOs are in Valtteri's GFX Pack

I believe in Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. If you do, put this in your signature.
My graphics pack!
Supporting forums:

SMBX Galaxy forum by Pivot40Channel
http://smbxgalaxy.prophpbb.com/
Come to the SMBX+ forums by illias3000. There is a whole forum category dedicated to the boss rush series with official rushes, submit bosses, and fan boss rushes! It is still open but AirSeus Forums is now open:
http://nsmbx.prophpbb.com/
AirSeus Forums the new home of the Boss Rush series:
http://smbxairseusforums.prophpbb.com/
First to discover:
Spark
Eerie
Grinder
Rainbow Shell
Birdo
Boom Boom
KINGBOWSER112 RULES!

dragonfan96
Nipper Plant
Nipper Plant

Postby dragonfan96 » Sat Aug 09, 2014 7:38 pm

FanofSMBX wrote:The green cave BGOs are in Valtteri's GFX Pack
Thanks :) That might give World 2 a more "Toxic" atmosphere!

bossedit8
Banned
Current Project: Airship Attack 2
Chat Username: <3 bossedit8 <3

Postby bossedit8 » Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:00 pm

Hey, this Project looks very interesting so far. I really like the design of it. I do see some cutoffs on a few screenshots though but since this is your very first project I can't really much complain on that. I am really looking to the full version. I can even record the full version after I am done at least a few of my other playthroughs.

dragonfan96
Nipper Plant
Nipper Plant

Postby dragonfan96 » Sat Aug 23, 2014 3:10 am

bossedit8 wrote:Hey, this Project looks very interesting so far. I really like the design of it. I do see some cutoffs on a few screenshots though but since this is your very first project I can't really much complain on that. I am really looking to the full version. I can even record the full version after I am done at least a few of my other playthroughs.
I'd be honored if this was recorded when its done! Trust me its gonna be a great episode!

bossedit8
Banned
Current Project: Airship Attack 2
Chat Username: <3 bossedit8 <3

Postby bossedit8 » Sat Aug 23, 2014 3:20 am

dragonfan96 wrote:I'd be honored if this was recorded when its done! Trust me its gonna be a great episode!
I surely gonna play & record this Game once it is done and if the first Video is already uploaded, I am gonna post a Video including the real Link on this Topic. And I hope this SMBX Episode isn't extremely long because if that is the case then I have to deal with like a lot of SMBX Episodes that aren't even completly done playthroughed.

dragonfan96
Nipper Plant
Nipper Plant

Postby dragonfan96 » Thu Sep 25, 2014 12:32 am

bossedit8 wrote:
dragonfan96 wrote:I'd be honored if this was recorded when its done! Trust me its gonna be a great episode!
I surely gonna play & record this Game once it is done and if the first Video is already uploaded, I am gonna post a Video including the real Link on this Topic. And I hope this SMBX Episode isn't extremely long because if that is the case then I have to deal with like a lot of SMBX Episodes that aren't even completly done playthroughed.
Its 6 worlds and the later levels do get harder and more puzzle-like. Most levels are optional(sidequests)but they usually contain stars which will be need for the Final boss(about 30/??*)

*- haven't counted them all but know that theres about 60 SMW/SMB3 stars i'm current counting them and ironing out some kinks from when I started to now.

Lots of custom musics that are both nostalgic and fun to listen too with some of the most elaborate level design yet!( In my own opinion, but i can't "judge" that though)

I hope You and everyone else has as much enjoyment as i did when playing/reviewing the episode!

Give it about maybe a week to two weeks and it be finished (hopefully)

dragonfan96
Nipper Plant
Nipper Plant

Re: Bowser's Dark Plan Episode

Postby dragonfan96 » Thu Sep 25, 2014 12:33 am

anyone want to review my episode just let me know...

(didn't mean to bump this though...)

Imaynotbehere4long
Kamikaze Koopa
Kamikaze Koopa
Current Project: Chaotic Culmination: Universe Rescuer

Postby Imaynotbehere4long » Fri Sep 26, 2014 2:24 am

Although I'm not yet finished with the episode, there are some things that I feel need to be addressed immediately, so I decided to go ahead and review all that I have played through so far.

For starters, there are at least three custom music tracks that you forgot to put in the episode's folder:

Kirby Boss Battle.mp3
smrpg-marrymore.mp3
sm64-hauntedhouse.mp3

AND NOW, MY REVIEW OF THE ACCESSIBLE PARTS OF BOWSER'S DARK PLAN:

So, when you start the episode, you're greeted with your run-of-the-mill introduction with Mario at his house and a bunch of Toad NPCs there to tell you that the princess has been kidnapped.
There's also this invisible wall right here, which I find odd. Maybe you could have the wall made of visible blocks to make it more intuitive.
After that, you go through a town-like level where you can interact with various NPCs and get free power-ups:
So, what does "didi" mean? I don't think I've heard that word before.
Speaking of words I've never heard before, what is "sopping"? I'm sure that it couldn't just be a mistyped version of "shopping," because that would just be silly!
Yeah, pretty much all of the text is fraught with grammatical errors. I recommend that you go through and double check each line of dialogue, making sure that the "i"s are capitalized when used as pronouns, that contractions have apostrophes instead of semicolons, that each sentence has proper punctuation, that each word is spelled correctly, etc.
I will say, I really liked your puns, though. ("Casual T." took me a few seconds to get, but that one especially made me laugh.)
The "SHOP" sign made out of coins was also pretty clever.
However, you should make the coins friendly; otherwise, the player can collect them. Also, the generators for the power-ups are facing the wrong way.
All of them.
And so, leaving the town behind, you make it to the first level:
Technically, that game made its debut on the Famicom, not the NES. Also, I'm not a big fan of cloned levels; they just seem unoriginal to me(that's why I didn't play the SMB3 remake). Honestly, I think the episode would be better off without this level.
Unless you had chosen to have the star appear here after hitting this block, rather than simply placing it at the end of the level (you could have had a normal exit at the end). That would have been really clever!
Oh, no! The flag graphic isn't 8-bit! The consistency of your clone level is ruined! (I'm just kidding; this isn't that big of a deal)
One more thing: why are the spade stages called "Leaf Levels"? I'm sure that if the graphic were meant to represent a leaf, it would have more color and detail.
Also, why is the water checkered? It looked awkward in LFftMK, and it still looks awkward here.
On to Peach's Castle: So when you first make it there and enter the doors, you're greeted with this:
So long, random yellow Koopa that's on-screen for half-a-second; you will be remembered for your act of randomness.
Put a space in between the comma and "Special's," otherwise, SMBX thinks that they're one word, and will move both of them to the next line. Also, you misspelled "souvenirs."
I did try to cut down on my pointing out dialogue errors, but man, some of them stand out from the rest; on top of forgetting the "e" in "interact" and giving "and" an extra "d," you wrote "momentos." Are those, like, mementos that will vanish from existence after a moment? You also wrote "except" instead of "accept," which is just wrong (except in circumstances where you're stating if one instance, although similar in appearance, is actually drastically different than another instance).
Ignoring the lowercase first-letter-in-the-sentence, I'm actually not sure if this is a typo or not because the items actually can be stolen.
Yeah, I made it! (why is there a cloud here instead of a non-jump-through-able block? I'm just curious.)
Like I wrote earlier, I tried to cut down on my dialogue complaints, but this doesn't really make any sense:
(also, I'm not a fan of the stacked SMB3 stage-play blocks.)
I thought that it was kinda neat that there were sub-plots going on with some of the NPCs, but I was a bit disappointed that you couldn't resolve the subplots. I got the flower, but the NPC still says the same thing instead of being on a layer and being switched out with a Toad that would thank me for getting the flower (or be upset that I took it for myself). Also, the !s go outside the boundary of the text box, which doesn't look professional.
Hey, a Toad that remembered Luigi's name! Also, the phrase you're looking for is "once and for all."
Personally, I would have thought it would be clever if a sprite-swap that looked like the playable Toad (the one with the orange head) said this line. Oh well. (also, you should put a period between "help" and "stupid," otherwise, it looks like he wants to help the stupid game.)
Hey, that star wasn't fake! The sign lied!
Again, I'm just expressing my disappointment that the Toads don't react to Mario's actions. I'm not even going to point out the dialogue errors.
All right, on to the actual first level:
So, your Goombas have their NPC graphics sprite-swapped, but not their effect graphics...
So, when the line-rider appeared on screen, it began to move away, and by the time I got up here, I couldn't get on it and had to wait for it to come back down. Set the line rider to "off" so that it doesn't move until the player jumps on it.
On to Cosmic Zone:
As you can see, the graphic for the Terrace is incorrect; instead of the black being R=0, G=0, B=0 and the white being R=255, G=255, B=255, the black is R=4, G=2, B=4 and the white is R=252, G=254, B=252. If you're not sure how to change the numerical value of the colors, just use the base black and white in MS Paint, as well as the fill tool, and that should fix the graphics.
However, it wasn't until I saw this graphic when I realized that you're actually quite new to SMBX. As you may already be aware, saving a graphic as a GIF will cause it to become grainy. The only exception to this graininess is if the image is only pure black and/or pure white (the 0/255 color combinations I mentioned earlier). To fix this, save the graphic as a PNG or BMP, undo the grainy graphics, then put the graphic through an image converter and turn it into a GIF that way (I recommend http://www.coolutils.com/online/image-converter/ ). If you do that, your custom graphics won't be grainy anymore.
All right, next level!
So, there's some cutoff with some of your background images, like this one. An easy fix for this would be to uncheck "Auto-align" and place the graphics a couple of pixels down (except for this one; you would also need to move it one unit left).
Also, I recommend that you move this cave-slope down by one unit; otherwise, it's tricky to get out from under those invisible blocks after activating them.
Finally, there's a springboard in your level. However, 1) it's not needed for the section it's in, 2) the player can't take it past this pipe (Allow NPC is set to "no")...
...which means that the spring can't be brought to the only part it can be useful (collecting the coins up there).
Okay, moving on:
First of all, you shouldn't put warps half-a-unit above the ground; otherwise, it looks like Mario is getting his head sliced off by the top of the pipe.
Also, you shouldn't put blocks this close to the ground, otherwise the Mario-in-blocks-physics take effect and Mario begins to slide around quickly, and it can be annoying if I push right too soon and end up falling off of the clouds and dying.
One more thing: the invisible block here is too high; Mario's jump height decreases when in water, and now I'm stuck. Remove the water or lower the invisible block (and add another one).
THE FOLLOWING LEVELS ARE IN NEED OF IMMEDIATE ATTENION

And now, on to the second spade stage "Leaf Level."
Oh man, you said "remake" twice; that means it's a remake of a remake! So, all of the "Leaf Levels" are just excuses to recreate other levels? That's disappointing. Also, "Kirby'a."
This block is misplaced:
Also, the Peeps' effect sprites are incorrect:
as are the Mushrooms' effect sprites. Plus, that tree graphic with the door is wrong.
Speaking of the mushroom-things, I thought it was an odd choice to set playerblock=1 because then they can't harm the player.
For this NPC, you have framestyle=0, when it should be framestyle=1. Without framestyle=1, it will only show the NPC walking left, even when it's walking right.
Plus, its effect sprite is incorrect as well.
Also, it appears that you wanted the railings to be in the background, but you used foreground images for the railing:
Did you steal the Kirby graphics from New Super Mario Galaxy X? I ask because your Mouser sprite-swap has the same graphical error as the one from that episode.
Speaking of graphical errors, these bricks appear in front of the pillars.
Also, why is the section boundary extended this far if there's nothing over here? The Toad at the beginning did say "find that star," implying that the star was hidden somewhere. You could have put a small cloud-block formation here along with the star, and put a normal exit at the end of the level. In fact, if you're going to make these clone levels, you should try to put some sort of new spin on them, like what my two suggestions would do.
Finally, your boss won't work correctly; the generators for the grab-able NPCs are too close to the Mother Brain sprite-swap to spawn, meaning there's no way to win. I had to cheat to get past here.
And, once again, the effect sprite is incorrect.
All right, on to Mushburg Heights!
So, I spoke to this NPC, but nothing happened. It turns out that you forgot to set "Talk" to trigger the proper event.
Nope, still not working.
Anyway, it was nice of you to let the player scope out the area so if he/she went down a path that didn't have an optimal power-up, he/she could just backtrack.
It was also nice of you to let the player go through this multiple times to get any other power-ups he/she may want (this is my sarcastic way of telling you that this mini-game is also broken).
Hmmm...nope, still not working.
All right, on to the next level that I believe needs immediate attention:
So, I was just climbing vines, minding my own business, when suddenly
Yeah, you didn't put any vines there for the player to grab. The vine-producing NPCs don't produce the vines quickly enough for the player to grab onto them. Sure, you put the warp above them, but that wasn't enough. I recommend putting actual vine NPCs below the vine-producing NPCs so that the player has something to grab when getting to that section.

Oh well. Let me try that level again!

...I hate this level.

Okay, so when I finally beat the level, nothing happened. I checked the level in the World Editor, and I saw this:
...okay, just a friendly reminder:

Left
<----
is that way.

Right
---->
is that way.

You need the exit set for Left, not Right.

So, yeah, I had to change that myself and beat the level again just to proceed.
Okay, on to the next level:
First of all, the Ghost House door graphic doesn't really look good in front of the SMB1 Castle graphic. Second, the key is never referred to in the Toad's statement, so "it" is an indefinite article (replace "it" with "the key." Also, "prove to be brave" sounds awkward).
Also, although the mini-game here works, I don't know what the signs say until after I read them, but by then, it's too late. You didn't put the safeguards mentioned in Mushburg Heights here!
Whatever. I can just use Yoshi to break this part of level.
Also, these things look harmful, but sometimes they aren't, and it can be confusing for when they are harmful.
By the way, you accidentally locked all of your doors, which makes this level impossible to beat. Once again, I had to cheat to progress.
These NPCs are arranged in such a way that I cannot avoid getting hit.
Also, this line-rider part became really easy once I realized I could just stand here and do nothing.
*whew!* On to the last level that I believe needs immediate attention:
I don't understand what this sign is trying to say. It's not like there's a time limit on this level or anything.
Also, what's the point of this other spring if there's nothing it can be used for?
So, I could beat the level normally just fine, but when I went to get the secret exit, it turns out that not only is the boss friendly, meaning we can't harm each other, but there's also no way for me to attack the boss even if it was kill-able.
Anyway, I had to go in and edit the level myself (again) so that I could beat it. When I did, nothing happened. I looked at the level in the Map Editor and I saw this:
Just so you know: "4 - Secret Exit" only applies to key-keyhole exits. The exit you were looking for is "2 - SMB3 Boss Exit" because the ? sphere is sprite-swapping the SMB3 ? sphere.

So, I had to edit that, all so I could finally get this to work properly, and then
The path isn't even connected...
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF--no, I'm better than this!
Closing comments:
So, all of the Yoshis here are friendly, except this one...was that intentional?
Wait, I don't have enough stars? You know...I think now would be a good time to bring up the issues I've been having with this episode...
IN TEMPORARY CONCLUSION:
Always, always, always, ALWAYS, test your levels to make sure that they work the way you want them to, even if you don't think that the change you made would be very significant. SMBX isn't the most trustworthy level creator, after all; it still has plenty of bugs that haven't been (and most likely never will be)worked out.

In fact, I want you to test your entire episode, and if you come across something that doesn't work the way you want it to, fix it right then. After you have finished testing your entire episode, upload a patch, then get back to me. If you come across an error and aren't sure how to fix it, ask me and I'll try to help you.

Game-breaking errors aside, this episode was...okay. Nothing special.

P.S. One of the Toads in the gift shop said that something was expensive, but you already established in Toad Town (or whatever it's called) that money grows on trees!
I've decided to cancel SMBXville Under Seige. After my 1st Senior year of college, I realized I wouldn't have enough time to devote to finishing my four-level episode. Apologies to those who cared.
My favorite quote on the entire forum:
mechamind wrote:
AeroMatter wrote:People who think "autistic" is an adjective and not a verb.
You autistic some people so much with that statement.
My SMBX portfolio:
(includes a Sonic 3D Blast styled level.)
SOMEONE ANSWER MY CRY FOR HELP: http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... =69&t=2026

dragonfan96
Nipper Plant
Nipper Plant

Postby dragonfan96 » Fri Sep 26, 2014 3:22 am

@Imaynotbehere4long: To start off, the music you've listed i accidently took out while going back and forth on making levels and whatnot

To all the levels: the grammar/english im sure the misspelled kirby'a is supposed to be an "s" my finger slipped when typing
didi is suppose to be "did" i type too fast(and i need to slow down)
sopping is supposed to be shopping
Furthermore, spell check isn't in SMBX and(secretly i'm somewhat oblivious to the facepalmed mistakes i made)

Next: the souvenir shop was supposed to be "fake" items when actually u can pick them up after turning off the "security boxes"
(fun fact: i mispelled souvenir in a spelling bee(7th grade....ahhh the memories)

Leaf levels= a Nostalgic flashback to a nintendo game at the end of each leaf level is a star
leaf level b: yes it uses Super mario galaxy X's GFX and i did credit them in the read me-also im pretty sure it extends only too where it ends,
the toad is referring to the star you get at the end of every leaf level. The tree BGO i tried to make it work in paint(MS) but i didn't work out(guess W4 will be ugly)

Cosmic Zone:Anything grainy i made(from Scratch like the W2 portrait in MS paint and thanks for the converter too that REALLY help in the future)

Grassy Fields 1: there's an invisible vine to a bonus area where you'd collect coins(and a 1-up)

Moving on to the immediate attention levels(i'll plan to remake the level(s))
the toad not working is from the missing mp3 music or a event trigger error i must've never found when testing

Your suppose to be tiny only in the mini-game maze and can only go one way with invisible coin blocks blocking you if u jump

The vine glitch: honestly when testing i never had that happen, i'll most likely remake world 1/ prolouge(they weren't as good as the later levels it was more-or-less my "noob skills" showing compared to say world 4

Meadow fortress: there should've been toads...(again plan on fixing that)
(grammar/english errors : although im from the USA i suck at english grammar stuff seriously its was a weakness for me and im english go figure)
amps should have jumphurt=1 in a txt. file
Locked doors= warp fail i didn't undo the locked door=true/false tab
also i though i had the problem fixed for the GH path(it was the same for the W1 castle too but that one i DID(I) fix
the elevator part wasn't supposed to be just twiddle your thumbs moment

W1 ghost house: time limit= approx. 3 min. then boos will pour in
the boss im gunna end up scraping he was now use when i was looking for a boss in the GFX packs(no offensive to whom created him)

Yoshi's territory all of them should be friendly i not sure why that one isn't...

Overall: i'm gonna fix this immediate ones as it'll ruin everyone else's fun,i don't want this to be a "trash can" project
Remake will take about 2 days(give or take)
til then the download will still be up to its done then i'll revise BDP

Thanks again for reviewing thus far on those uh "small" kinks in the episode. World 1 was like my *derp noob mode*

Also i have the pathway perfectly connecting to the Cosmic zone(W1) warp
Last edited by bossedit8 on Fri Sep 26, 2014 4:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed Quote

Imaynotbehere4long
Kamikaze Koopa
Kamikaze Koopa

Postby Imaynotbehere4long » Fri Sep 26, 2014 1:14 pm

dragonfan96 wrote:Leaf levels= a Nostalgic flashback to a nintendo game at the end of each leaf level is a star
I still think you could to more with this concept instead of using it as an excuse to copy other levels because it just seems like you're trying to pad out your episode.
dragonfan96 wrote:The tree BGO i tried to make it work in paint(MS) but i didn't work out(guess W4 will be ugly)
Here's what you can do:
--Copy the door graphic from the GBA (brighter) sprite, and paste it in the same location on the SNES (darker) sprite.
--Save this image as a PNG with the same name as the GBA sprite, put it in an image converter, replace the GBA sprite with this one, and it should fix the problem.
dragonfan96 wrote:Grassy Fields 1: there's an invisible vine to a bonus area where you'd collect coins(and a 1-up)
dragonfan96 wrote:Your suppose to be tiny only in the mini-game maze and can only go one way with invisible coin blocks blocking you if u jump
You say this as though they are there, but I opened the levels in the level editor and never found them.
dragonfan96 wrote:W1 ghost house: time limit= approx. 3 min. then boos will pour in
*plays level again*
Oh, heh...so they will.

One more thing: for Mayor T. and the MC in Mushburg Heights, you have their event triggered on "talk" play the "message" sound effect, when in reality, this is unnecessary because message boxes will play that sound effect by themselves, and having an extra sound effect play afterward sounds weird.
I've decided to cancel SMBXville Under Seige. After my 1st Senior year of college, I realized I wouldn't have enough time to devote to finishing my four-level episode. Apologies to those who cared.
mechamind wrote:
My SMBX portfolio:
SOMEONE ANSWER MY CRY FOR HELP: http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... =69&t=2026

dragonfan96
Nipper Plant
Nipper Plant

Postby dragonfan96 » Fri Sep 26, 2014 6:07 pm

@imaynotbehereforlong

Like i said W1(and prologue) is going to be remade, give me some time and i'll repost a download and PM you again

Also i'm quite sad that grassy fields 3 was a video expressing its flaw, then again originally i wanted this to be hard episode, but i dumbed down MOST of the episode

the Message sound effect...i didn't know that actually

About the Leaf Levels i have either 2 options

1)Delete ALL leaf levels

2)make a different gimmick that is similar too this (<----which can't come up with anything on that one)

So far i fixed most of what was urgently needed of attention
and made a cool idea in peach's castle too---you'll like it

Mushburg Heights is still under construction as i need to totally remake it as when going over the level again i don't like it very much...

Also i plan on adding a few new minigames in the level Fungitown Casino( to balance the possible loss of the leaf levels)

Imaynotbehere4long
Kamikaze Koopa
Kamikaze Koopa

Postby Imaynotbehere4long » Sat Sep 27, 2014 3:51 pm

dragonfan96 wrote:About the Leaf Levels i have either 2 options

1)Delete ALL leaf levels

2)make a different gimmick that is similar too this (<----which can't come up with anything on that one)
OOH, I have an idea: instead of the leaf levels containing stars themselves, they can be hint rooms as to where other stars are located. Hear me out:

Let's say, in Grassy Fields 1, you only use background-10 once. In front of the background image, you could also put a door-warp leading to a room with the star. Chances are, nobody is going to figure out that there is a door there by themselves. That's where the spade stages come in: instead of it being its own level, it's merely a room with an NPC that hints as to where the star is. It could say something like "In Grassy Fields 1, everyone looks up to the hill with two faces." It doesn't flat out say that there's a door there, but it hints toward it.
dragonfan96 wrote:Also i plan on adding a few new minigames in the level Fungitown Casino( to balance the possible loss of the leaf levels)
If you do plan on scrapping the spade stages altogether, you'll have to remember to reflect this in the amount of stars needed to progress in the episode (lower the star count needed for certain doors or add more stars in other levels. Remember: one section can't have more than one star, or else only the first one counts).
mechamind wrote:
My SMBX portfolio:

dragonfan96
Nipper Plant
Nipper Plant

Postby dragonfan96 » Sat Sep 27, 2014 5:34 pm

@imaynotbehereforlong

Though the Leaf(it looked like a leaf than it does a spade...) Levels were meant to be a nostalgic flashback of Mario's old past

That's why there's 8-bit Mario remake,an old Kirby game,sonic,Minecraft, SMS ,SMP (in order, of all leaf levels, and what theme they were)

It was to reflect on what We as Players grew up with "back in the old days"

With that said. Leaf Level A&B is going to change entirely AND use that Star hint as well
Last edited by bossedit8 on Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed Signature

dragonfan96
Nipper Plant
Nipper Plant

Postby dragonfan96 » Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:53 am

Unfortunately, I am unable to work on anything pertaining to SMBX because my Laptop's Battery died(for good) and its Charger got burnt/Singed.
(Which has ALL SMBX stuff and my grand-parents computer gives me "Run-time error 11 Divided by 0"

I'm still going to be on regularly(to see if i have any Red mushrooms,grey P-switches/ice flowers using a Public Library Computer(unable to download or upload anything)

It may be about a week or even longer before i can remake W1 of the Episode

BTW: Media Fire allows me to see how many times a file has been downloaded, over 100 people download the Episode! To be honest, that amazes me how many people
wanted to play this! Thanks everyone :D

marioman63
Goomba
Goomba

Postby marioman63 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:22 pm

this episode is probably abandoned, but i found a bug in the cloud world in the void level. at the part where you have to spin jump the saw blade and avoid the bullet bill cannons, there either needs to be something solid to stand on after the first floating cannon, or the saw blade needs to go all the way accross. according to the graphics, it seems like the saw blade should go all the way accross, but it stops about halfway and goes back. I also can no longer enter the cosmic zone after i took it to the cloud world (so basically, i am stuck in world 5 at the moment). just something to keep in mind if you plan on continuing this episode. i think it has some potential, and really like a lot of the ideas in it.

Return to “Episodes”