delete this post.

Share your completed SMBX episodes or play and discuss others.
supermariofan372
Cheep-Cheep
Cheep-Cheep

delete this post.

Postby supermariofan372 » Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:57 am

im working on another thing
Last edited by supermariofan372 on Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:28 pm, edited 54 times in total.

Tango
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus
Current Project: None
Chat Username: Tango

Re: Super Paper Mario -remake-

Postby Tango » Sun Sep 21, 2014 3:20 pm

Mah boi, you need more training. I think that this is your first episode.

First of all, you probably needed make Luigi a choose character, because if you begin in Mario Bros' house, you need choose one of the Mario Bros!
After this, the first level is hard! There is a part that you need crush the floor, and you have only three bombs. If you waste them, you are stuck! And need exit the level and play again!

Also, the sixth room of the keys is impossible! You don't can know house pass of the first goomba! I need to use the shadowstar cheat, and when i passed i fall! When i fall, i saw that you can pass of this level simply dying! In second level, there is a house with some random backgrounds and a link guarding a key for some unknown reason.

Also, you don't know about clashing. Also you can download some graphic packs to turn you episode more beautiful. Seriously, there are so less graphics that the folder in the level 10 are empty!

And the map... why you put a long bridge? People don't like this, this waste time.

When you pick a sizable block, this mean that you can change the size of the block in the sizable setting.

I only suggest that you play some featured episodes and get experience to make better episodes. If you get better in level editing, you can make a featured episode!

Valtteri
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa

Postby Valtteri » Sun Sep 21, 2014 3:28 pm

I can see a lot of work went into this though. Do the fixes Miles Troopa suggested and test it well and I'm sure this will be a fun episode to play. Keep it up!

Magna
Banned
Current Project: Soon to be announced! (When PGE releases an engine that is)

Postby Magna » Sun Sep 21, 2014 3:36 pm

This episode is TERRIBLE graphics-wise, so much clash and 1x1 pixels. Fix that and the episode actually becomes good.
Join this great chill forum here: http://forums.krazynet.net

dragonfan96
Nipper Plant
Nipper Plant

Postby dragonfan96 » Sun Sep 21, 2014 3:45 pm

If it helps, i know theres a SPM GFX in Red_Yoshi's Ultimate GFX pAck v3.1...

That could help enhance the episode...

Furthermore, there IS 1x1 pixels,(little tiny squares that change the .gif from MS paint)
-Community Contest Results-
CC9- Placed 46th 5.36/10 Sands of Time Tier 3
CC11- Placed 51st 5.72/10 Volcanic Panic Tier 5

You can Find Me Here forums.OmegaRealm.com
On the MC server omegarealm.com (play.omegarealm.com)
YT: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi8FMZ ... MJe94tH2Yw

AirSeus
Blue Yoshi Egg
Blue Yoshi Egg
Flair: Ok no
Current Project: You really think I'll finish one?
Chat Username: AirSeus

Postby AirSeus » Sun Sep 21, 2014 4:04 pm

Miles Troopa wrote:Mah boi, you need more training. I think that this is your first episode.

First of all, you probably needed make Luigi a choose character, because if you begin in Mario Bros' house, you need choose one of the Mario Bros!
After this, the first level is hard! There is a part that you need crush the floor, and you have only three bombs. If you waste them, you are stuck! And need exit the level and play again!

Also, the sixth room of the keys is impossible! You don't can know house pass of the first goomba! I need to use the shadowstar cheat, and when i passed i fall! When i fall, i saw that you can pass of this level simply dying! In second level, there is a house with some random backgrounds and a link guarding a key for some unknown reason.

Also, you don't know about clashing. Also you can download some graphic packs to turn you episode more beautiful. Seriously, there are so less graphics that the folder in the level 10 are empty!

And the map... why you put a long bridge? People don't like this, this waste time.

When you pick a sizable block, this mean that you can change the size of the block in the sizable setting.

I only suggest that you play some featured episodes and get experience to make better episodes. If you get better in level editing, you can make a featured episode!
well if it is his/her first episode, dont be that harsh were you good at level designing on your first try?
I dunno, something inspirational is supposed to go here so here I go:

Realize the difference between criticism and hate.
Criticism is direct feedback about the level that helps and tells you what you could do better and/or what you could expand upon.
Hate is direct insults towards you/your level that tell you nothing other than how bad you are.

AKA: Don't cry at every responce you get, just ignore hate and respond to criticism.

supermariofan372
Cheep-Cheep
Cheep-Cheep

Postby supermariofan372 » Sun Sep 21, 2014 4:24 pm

okay I will try to improve it I think I went too fast

Tango
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus

Postby Tango » Sun Sep 21, 2014 4:27 pm

AirSeus wrote:
Miles Troopa wrote:Mah boi, you need more training. I think that this is your first episode.

well if it is his/her first episode, dont be that harsh were you good at level designing on your first try?

I only say that have some errors that he need fix. And yes, my first try in level design makes Poop turn Super Smash Bros Brawl.

But if nobody explains the main conceits of level design for him, how he can learn be a good level designer?

@supermariofan372: Don't worry about your episode. Only fix this errors and can be a good episode.

silent_
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa
Current Project: something

Postby silent_ » Sun Sep 21, 2014 4:37 pm

See, this is prime evidence that people only look for graphical goodness in episodes. If you just excused the cut-offs, 1x1 pixels, and bad graphics placement, you'd notice that there was tons of effort put into this and you'd also notice that the gameplay was fantastic. Still, though, the advice Miles Troopa gave you was great, and I'd advise that you'd listen to him, but on the other hand, I feel like he was a bit too hard on you especially since

A) this is likely your first episode
and
B) not much Super Paper Mario graphics exist.
previously known as Kep

Tango
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus

Postby Tango » Sun Sep 21, 2014 5:08 pm

Kep wrote:See, this is prime evidence that people only look for graphical goodness in episodes. If you just excused the cut-offs, 1x1 pixels, and bad graphics placement, you'd notice that there was tons of effort put into this and you'd also notice that the gameplay was fantastic. Still, though, the advice Miles Troopa gave you was great, and I'd advise that you'd listen to him, but on the other hand, I feel like he was a bit too hard on you especially since

A) this is likely your first episode
and
B) not much Super Paper Mario graphics exist.
Don't need be necessary a Super Paper Mario graphic. I agree that the gameplay is great. But let's get a example:

You already played Hong Kong 97? The game graphic is super ugly. And makes the game be awful.
However, if the graphics turned in a space game, but with the same gameplay, people can find a good game.

So, it's psychological. The human brain like more beautiful things than functionally things.

RudeGuy
Luigi
Luigi
Flair: help
Current Project: a random smw hack
Chat Username: rudeguy

Postby RudeGuy » Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:39 am

Miles Troopa wrote:Also you can download some graphic packs to turn you episode more beautiful. Seriously, there are so less graphics that the folder in the level 10 are empty!
You don't need custom graphics for an episode. But this episode needs some works and the advices you gave were good.
im bored

supermariofan372
Cheep-Cheep
Cheep-Cheep

Postby supermariofan372 » Tue Sep 23, 2014 5:50 pm

¡HELP! But how do I make warp points on the world map?

dragonfan96
Nipper Plant
Nipper Plant

Postby dragonfan96 » Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:23 pm

supermariofan372 wrote:¡HELP! But how do I make warp points on the world map?

What you need to do is select the pipe(we'll call it pipe A) and you wanna go to a different area(pipe B)
heres what you do:

Step 1) Pipe A(or whatever u name it) on right side of the level GUI where it'll say Map Warp Location, you'd place an x coordinate and y coord. Place down the 2 pipe where you want...

Step 2) Use the "Selection" tool and pick up Pipe A and go to where Pipe B is(you might wanna use Notepad to remember where the (x,y) is) type the numbers in "Location" top number is x and the bottom is y in Pipe A's Mar Warp Location.

Step 3) Place Pipe A back where it was and now pick up Pipe B and do the same thing for B, use selection,go to Pipe B and type in Pipe A's Coordinates

Step 4) This is something i do, but if i save the world map, close and re-open SMBX and click start game...select your project and play the project (use this code for testing everything: imtiredofallthiswalking.....to use the code while in the map's screen type the code and you should here a like chime to denote thats you've done the code---this code unlocks all pathways to the levels including warps)
Using the code test the Warp pipes did they work? If not make sure that the coordinates is correct when editing...

Hope this information helps :)

supermariofan372
Cheep-Cheep
Cheep-Cheep

Postby supermariofan372 » Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:32 pm

thanks Dragonfan96 the warp works now. but when I go to the map mario gets stuck on it

dragonfan96
Nipper Plant
Nipper Plant

Postby dragonfan96 » Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:00 pm

supermariofan372 wrote:thanks Dragonfan96 the warp works now. but when I go to the map mario gets stuck on it
when you typed the name of the warp pipe did you place in the bottom blank where you'd type the name or top?

Top requires a .lvl file to play-which you CAN create a level to warp to map but it is sophisticatedly complex

Bottom is the name of the level and doesn't require a ".lvl"(title of level when u "start game")

HeroLinik
Cyan Yoshi Egg
Cyan Yoshi Egg
Current Project: TCGA Remake
Chat Username: Look below my avatar

Postby HeroLinik » Sun Sep 28, 2014 5:58 am

I can't seem to find the download to this. Did you take it down, or is it still there?
I support: show
Lol, you got trolled. Move along, if you please.
YouTube channel

Moderator of the r/Pokemon Discord server since 2019.

LakituBros
Bob-omb
Bob-omb

Postby LakituBros » Sun Sep 28, 2014 1:16 pm

This will be cool! But wouldn't be better name it Super Paper Mario "X"? I don't know, name the way you want.
Anyways, good luck with it :D
what am i doing with life

Have a Spiny!

Supported Projects:
Spoiler: show

supermariofan372
Cheep-Cheep
Cheep-Cheep

Postby supermariofan372 » Sun Sep 28, 2014 2:23 pm

do not worry I'm just fixing the game

Kyogre
Fighter Fly
Fighter Fly
Current Project: Life
Chat Username: Silberstein

Re: Super Paper Mario X

Postby Kyogre » Thu Oct 02, 2014 7:34 am

Do you make a Demo?
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEcasX ... BlHGnj-ttw

Discord: Silberstein (#2409)

Sorry for my bad english, Im from Germany.

Ich habe gelernt der größte Schmerz geht auch vorüber, komm reiß mir ein Bein aus, doch ich laufe weiter Tausendfüßler

supermariofan372
Cheep-Cheep
Cheep-Cheep

Re: Super Paper Mario X

Postby supermariofan372 » Thu Oct 02, 2014 10:14 am

TheUltimativeKyogre wrote:Do you make a Demo?

but this is not a demo

Return to “Episodes”