SUPER MARIO BROS. 3 REMAKE

Share your completed SMBX episodes or play and discuss others.
User avatar
Bj007pro
Banned
Posts: 84
Joined: Mon Dec 30, 2013 8:05 pm

Re: SUPER MARIO BROS. 3 -REMAKE-

Postby Bj007pro » Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:53 pm

doomoocv wrote:Some things missing,but this is EPIC! :D
After Im done creating Fallen Mario, I will create Super Mario Bros 4,and you gave me the idea! :idea:
See you soon,and please PM me if you make anything else.
Create Super Mario Bros 4? Someone already has done this, this internet is getting fulled with the same crap over and over and over again. - Some for good reason, but things like this is crap.
Don't Be Afraid To Take a Shot Than To Take A Shot Being Afraid - Bj007pro

Great Forum to talk about Nearly Anything - chillaxforum.proboards.com

User avatar
bossedit8
Banned
Posts: 6846
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:35 pm
Current Project: Airship Attack 2
Chat Username: <3 bossedit8 <3
Contact:

Re: SUPER MARIO BROS. 3 -REMAKE-

Postby bossedit8 » Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:18 am

Bj007pro wrote:Some for good reason, but things like this is crap.
Why so mean? SMB4 is not that bad to create, it is just that Nintendo never made SMB4. Instead it is SMW.

My Playthroughs:
Spoiler: show














Playlist: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... W_HQS_nNAc

User avatar
Bj007pro
Banned
Posts: 84
Joined: Mon Dec 30, 2013 8:05 pm

Re: SUPER MARIO BROS. 3 -REMAKE-

Postby Bj007pro » Tue Feb 25, 2014 4:38 am

bossedit8 wrote:
Bj007pro wrote:Some for good reason, but things like this is crap.
Why so mean? SMB4 is not that bad to create, it is just that Nintendo never made SMB4. Instead it is SMW.

My Playthroughs:
Spoiler: show














Playlist: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... W_HQS_nNAc

What are you on about? You just posted a whole heap of videos about a Episode Called Super Mario Bros 4 and you say it easy to Create?
Did you go Blind just after you posted this?
Last edited by Karl Marx on Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:11 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: User warned, don't respond
Don't Be Afraid To Take a Shot Than To Take A Shot Being Afraid - Bj007pro

Great Forum to talk about Nearly Anything - chillaxforum.proboards.com

User avatar
Hawkeyeone
Mega Mole
Mega Mole
Posts: 255
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:01 pm
Current Project: Hawkeye City

Re: SUPER MARIO BROS. 3 -REMAKE-

Postby Hawkeyeone » Sun Mar 02, 2014 3:49 pm

I've played this, it's neat, but there's a lot of glaring visual differences that I can't get over.
Image

Lx Xzit
Lakitu
Lakitu
Posts: 473
Joined: Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:12 pm

Re: SUPER MARIO BROS. 3 -REMAKE-

Postby Lx Xzit » Sun Mar 02, 2014 7:05 pm

This episode really pleases me, it's like playing SMB3 but with more powers and Cooperative play, and also with the possibility of choosing more characters players, GOOD JOB! :D

SMBXxer
Grinder
Grinder
Posts: 1033
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2013 4:33 pm

Re: SUPER MARIO BROS. 3 -REMAKE-

Postby SMBXxer » Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:25 am

This is amazing, but I have a problem, can you PLEASE make the download a zip file?
Might be working on an episode maybe.



<Joey> you want a dickpic
<Quill> "Let it go." Anna says as Elsa cums

User avatar
Kley
Edge
Edge
Posts: 689
Joined: Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:00 am
Flair: Robot
Chat Username: Kley

Re: SUPER MARIO BROS. 3 -REMAKE-

Postby Kley » Tue Mar 04, 2014 6:30 am

This is very neat!
My only two complaints are the world map issue. Everything glitches everywhere since you didn't place enough tile all around.
The other one is a minor one. The warp whistle I found in world one let me warp to any world, rather than just the first 4 only . . .

Image


Phil
Bob-omb
Bob-omb
Posts: 38
Joined: Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:00 pm

Re: SUPER MARIO BROS. 3 -REMAKE-

Postby Phil » Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:11 am

Thank you so much! One day i will update this Episode! Feel free to give me any idea of what can i do to made this Episode better! :D

User avatar
SuperWingedYoshi
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus
Posts: 547
Joined: Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:23 am
Current Project: Yoshi's Paradise

Re: SUPER MARIO BROS. 3 -REMAKE-

Postby SuperWingedYoshi » Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:19 am

Ahhh, memories... From the screenshots, this looks awesome, and from what I saw during the first testing, this is very close to the original. :)
I was kinda surprised when I got a Division By Zero runtime error in Level 2, but that was because I entered a warp while its Piranha Plant was outside... So it's not your fault...
I'll play through the whole thing and give you a more detailed review afterwards.

One thing that's bugging me a bit is that you didn't place the sprites of the small Luigi correctly. A few pixels of other frames in the luigi-1.gif are visible in the game as well.
Because I'm not sure if you know what I mean, here's a screenie. The black pixels inside the red circle are what I mean:
Image
Image
My SMBX project: Yoshi's Paradise!


Projects I support:
Spoiler: show
Image
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
Kley
Edge
Edge
Posts: 689
Joined: Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:00 am
Flair: Robot
Chat Username: Kley

Re: SUPER MARIO BROS. 3 -REMAKE-

Postby Kley » Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:58 pm

smwforever45 wrote:Ahhh, memories... From the screenshots, this looks awesome, and from what I saw during the first testing, this is very close to the original. :)
I was kinda surprised when I got a Division By Zero runtime error in Level 2, but that was because I entered a warp while its Piranha Plant was outside... So it's not your fault...
I'll play through the whole thing and give you a more detailed review afterwards.

One thing that's bugging me a bit is that you didn't place the sprites of the small Luigi correctly. A few pixels of other frames in the luigi-1.gif are visible in the game as well.
Because I'm not sure if you know what I mean, here's a screenie. The black pixels inside the red circle are what I mean:
Spoiler: show
Image
I actually noticed that too, but decided to keep my trap shut lol

Image


User avatar
SuperWingedYoshi
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus
Posts: 547
Joined: Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:23 am
Current Project: Yoshi's Paradise

Re: SUPER MARIO BROS. 3 -REMAKE-

Postby SuperWingedYoshi » Sat Mar 08, 2014 8:01 pm

One more thing I just noticed while continuing to play the episode. In World 4-2, there's a brick block that insta-kills me if I hit it playing as Luigi. I thought at first it had just been me, but I'm able to reproduce it...
To reproduce: Playing as Luigi, with at least a mushroom consumed, just try to break the third left brick block in the screenshot:
Spoiler: show
Image
All other of these brick blocks can be broken just fine. Only the one I mentioned will cause instant death.
I wonder what's the reason for that?

EDIT: One block in 6-2 has exactly the same issue, more precisely the last block before the warp to the last section. Hit it from below with Luigi while he's not in his small state and he will die.
Spoiler: show
Image
Last edited by SuperWingedYoshi on Mon Mar 10, 2014 7:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
Image
My SMBX project: Yoshi's Paradise!


Projects I support:
Spoiler: show
Image
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
Bj007pro
Banned
Posts: 84
Joined: Mon Dec 30, 2013 8:05 pm

Re: SUPER MARIO BROS. 3 -REMAKE-

Postby Bj007pro » Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:17 pm

smwforever45 wrote:One more thing I just noticed while continuing to play the episode. In World 4-2, there's a brick block that insta-kills me if I hit it playing as Luigi. I thought at first it had just been me, but I'm able to reproduce it...
To reproduce: Playing as Luigi, just try to break the third left brick block in the screenshot:
Spoiler: show
Image
All other of these brick blocks can be broken just fine. Only the one I mentioned will cause instant death.
I wonder what's the reason for that?

This doesn't happen to me with any Playable Character.
Don't Be Afraid To Take a Shot Than To Take A Shot Being Afraid - Bj007pro

Great Forum to talk about Nearly Anything - chillaxforum.proboards.com

SMBXxer
Grinder
Grinder
Posts: 1033
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2013 4:33 pm

Re: SUPER MARIO BROS. 3 -REMAKE-

Postby SMBXxer » Sun Mar 09, 2014 3:34 pm

SMBXxer wrote:This is amazing, but I have a problem, can you PLEASE make the download a zip file?
Might be working on an episode maybe.



<Joey> you want a dickpic
<Quill> "Let it go." Anna says as Elsa cums

User avatar
SuperWingedYoshi
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus
Posts: 547
Joined: Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:23 am
Current Project: Yoshi's Paradise

Re: SUPER MARIO BROS. 3 -REMAKE-

Postby SuperWingedYoshi » Mon Mar 10, 2014 6:55 am

More stuff I noticed.

1. The third Matching Cards game (the one that's unlocked after the second dungeon) in World 5 is unplayable. I checked in the world editor; for the level filename, you entered cardgame1.lvl instead of matchgame1.lvl. It doesn't really matter a lot at the moment because you're able to enter every level infinite times, including the Matching Cards games, the Toad Houses and the Coin Ships. But in the original SMB3, every level can only be finished once, thus it would be quite a problem if one Matching Cards game wasn't playable.

2. Speaking about the Matching Cards game, there's another issue. You always get the two coin prizes, no matter if you found the two matching 10/20 coin cards or not.

3. (the spoiler contains a spoiler, open at your own risk)
Spoiler: show
Isn't it kinda boring when the cards in the Matching Cards game are always at the same places?
4. And isn't it kinda boring as well when you always get mushrooms in the Toad Houses and 1-ups from the Hammer Bros?

5. The "9" and "10" level icons, unlike the other ones, aren't animated. Any reason for that?

6. I found two world maps in the world.wld which don't belong to any of the eight worlds of SMB3 or the Warp Zone... (Open the spoiler at your own risk - it might spoil stuff.)
Spoiler: show
Image
A world that's meant to use the World 4 theme. The level filenames are all left undefined, however.
Image
A world that has no music. All the level filenames are defined; it's probably meant to be an alternative to World 1, as most of the level names begin with "grass". Non-existent levels are king1.lvl (the castle level), grass_game.lvl (the Matching Cards game), grass7.lvl (the level with the "7" icon) and flute.lvl (the level with the "9" icon; probably meant to be the warp to the Warp Zone, also called World 9).
I wonder why they're there?

7. This very pipe here doesn't lead me to the warp level which I went through when entering the pipe at the bottom left corner of the screenshot. Instead, I find myself in the middle of World 7-1, and when I finish that level, I'm still at the same position of the world map where I was when I entered the pipe.
Spoiler: show
Image
8. The path to this Toad House in World 7 is already accessible before you finish 7-8. The path is unlocked upon exiting the pipe at the very right.
Spoiler: show
Image
9. The Boom-Boom in the World 8 fortress glitched out of the screen during one battle and I wasn't able to finish the level anymore after that... That shouldn't happen, especially in a world like the Darklands where you need your lives really badly...

Don't get me wrong, I love this remake. But some parts of the remake just don't feel like the original. (But it's probably simply not possible with the limitations of the SMBX level editor. I'm actually amazed that something like the Matching Cards minigame is possible.)
Last edited by SuperWingedYoshi on Sat Mar 15, 2014 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image
My SMBX project: Yoshi's Paradise!


Projects I support:
Spoiler: show
Image
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
RustyBox
Spiny
Spiny
Posts: 59
Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:34 pm
Current Project: Larry's Adventure - Dark Bowser's Revenge
Contact:

Re: SUPER MARIO BROS. 3 -REMAKE-

Postby RustyBox » Fri Mar 14, 2014 3:50 pm

I think the idea is so cool that you've made a new version of SuperMarioBros3. It just looks identical.
An adventure with Larry, Lemmy and Iggy:
Image

I support:
Spoiler: show
ImageImage Image ImageImage

SMBXxer
Grinder
Grinder
Posts: 1033
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2013 4:33 pm

Re: SUPER MARIO BROS. 3 -REMAKE-

Postby SMBXxer » Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:05 pm

HELLO!?!?!?!?!?!
SMBXxer wrote:This is amazing, but I have a problem, can you PLEASE make the download a zip file?
This is the 3rd time I've posted this, I would like a response!
Might be working on an episode maybe.



<Joey> you want a dickpic
<Quill> "Let it go." Anna says as Elsa cums

User avatar
Pseudo
Peach
Peach
Posts: 5543
Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:04 am
Current Project: ???

Re: SUPER MARIO BROS. 3 -REMAKE-

Postby Pseudo » Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:58 pm

Phil doesn't appear to be coming here any more, so I wouldn't really expect a response any time soon. Zips are much better, though. I don't understand why anyone would use a rar instead.
its ya girl pseudo and im back on a provisional basis

"sterydy Behemoth expiable novae iconically night owl ticklish turbocharger bactrian riveting . Solidus quits frothy managua scrimper shadowy enthusiastically rearrangement curviness matronliness pinyin piroshki gradual hysterically locker room versed . Horrendous unicorn transnational parka lasso very forbiddingly laborsaving cochabamba hair-raising floozy philter transnational ."
- a spam account, 2016


bemosa
Goomba
Goomba
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2014 3:42 am

Re: SUPER MARIO BROS. 3 -REMAKE-

Postby bemosa » Sun Mar 30, 2014 3:53 am

How do I run a Super Mario Bros. 3 Remake?
I do not know how to put the files! Where to put it?
Please someone tell you how to!

User avatar
RudeGuy
Luigi
Luigi
Posts: 4982
Joined: Fri Dec 27, 2013 7:36 am
Flair: help
Current Project: a random smw hack
Chat Username: rudeguy

Re: SUPER MARIO BROS. 3 -REMAKE-

Postby RudeGuy » Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:28 am

bemosa wrote:How do I run a Super Mario Bros. 3 Remake?
I do not know how to put the files! Where to put it?
Please someone tell you how to!
You must put the files in the folder "world"
im bored

User avatar
Pseudo
Peach
Peach
Posts: 5543
Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:04 am
Current Project: ???

Re: SUPER MARIO BROS. 3 -REMAKE-

Postby Pseudo » Sun Mar 30, 2014 2:20 pm

bemosa wrote:How do I run a Super Mario Bros. 3 Remake?
I do not know how to put the files! Where to put it?
Please someone tell you how to!
Yes, after decompressing the folder that you download, put the whole folder in your "worlds" folder, which should be in the same folder as SMBX.
its ya girl pseudo and im back on a provisional basis

"sterydy Behemoth expiable novae iconically night owl ticklish turbocharger bactrian riveting . Solidus quits frothy managua scrimper shadowy enthusiastically rearrangement curviness matronliness pinyin piroshki gradual hysterically locker room versed . Horrendous unicorn transnational parka lasso very forbiddingly laborsaving cochabamba hair-raising floozy philter transnational ."
- a spam account, 2016



Return to “Episodes”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests