SUPER MARIO BROS. 3 REMAKE

Share your completed SMBX episodes or play and discuss others.
Bj007pro
Banned

Re: SUPER MARIO BROS. 3 -REMAKE-

Postby Bj007pro » Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:53 pm

doomoocv wrote:Some things missing,but this is EPIC! :D
After Im done creating Fallen Mario, I will create Super Mario Bros 4,and you gave me the idea! :idea:
See you soon,and please PM me if you make anything else.
Create Super Mario Bros 4? Someone already has done this, this internet is getting fulled with the same crap over and over and over again. - Some for good reason, but things like this is crap.
Don't Be Afraid To Take a Shot Than To Take A Shot Being Afraid - Bj007pro

Great Forum to talk about Nearly Anything - chillaxforum.proboards.com

bossedit8
Banned
Current Project: Airship Attack 2
Chat Username: <3 bossedit8 <3

Postby bossedit8 » Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:18 am

Bj007pro wrote:Some for good reason, but things like this is crap.
Why so mean? SMB4 is not that bad to create, it is just that Nintendo never made SMB4. Instead it is SMW.

My Playthroughs:
Spoiler: show

Playlist: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... W_HQS_nNAc

Bj007pro
Banned

Postby Bj007pro » Tue Feb 25, 2014 4:38 am

bossedit8 wrote:
Bj007pro wrote:Some for good reason, but things like this is crap.
Why so mean? SMB4 is not that bad to create, it is just that Nintendo never made SMB4. Instead it is SMW.

My Playthroughs:

Playlist: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... W_HQS_nNAc

What are you on about? You just posted a whole heap of videos about a Episode Called Super Mario Bros 4 and you say it easy to Create?
Did you go Blind just after you posted this?
Last edited by Karl Marx on Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:11 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: User warned, don't respond

Hawkeyeone
Mega Mole
Mega Mole
Current Project: Hawkeye City

Postby Hawkeyeone » Sun Mar 02, 2014 3:49 pm

I've played this, it's neat, but there's a lot of glaring visual differences that I can't get over.

Lx Xzit
Lakitu
Lakitu

Postby Lx Xzit » Sun Mar 02, 2014 7:05 pm

This episode really pleases me, it's like playing SMB3 but with more powers and Cooperative play, and also with the possibility of choosing more characters players, GOOD JOB! :D

SMBXxer
Grinder
Grinder

Postby SMBXxer » Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:25 am

This is amazing, but I have a problem, can you PLEASE make the download a zip file?
Might be working on an episode maybe.

<Joey> you want a dickpic
<Quill> "Let it go." Anna says as Elsa cums

Kley
Edge
Edge
Flair: Robot
Chat Username: Kley

Postby Kley » Tue Mar 04, 2014 6:30 am

This is very neat!
My only two complaints are the world map issue. Everything glitches everywhere since you didn't place enough tile all around.
The other one is a minor one. The warp whistle I found in world one let me warp to any world, rather than just the first 4 only . . .

Phil
Bob-omb
Bob-omb

Postby Phil » Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:11 am

Thank you so much! One day i will update this Episode! Feel free to give me any idea of what can i do to made this Episode better! :D

SuperWingedYoshi
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus
Current Project: Yoshi's Paradise

Postby SuperWingedYoshi » Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:19 am

Ahhh, memories... From the screenshots, this looks awesome, and from what I saw during the first testing, this is very close to the original. :)
I was kinda surprised when I got a Division By Zero runtime error in Level 2, but that was because I entered a warp while its Piranha Plant was outside... So it's not your fault...
I'll play through the whole thing and give you a more detailed review afterwards.

One thing that's bugging me a bit is that you didn't place the sprites of the small Luigi correctly. A few pixels of other frames in the luigi-1.gif are visible in the game as well.
Because I'm not sure if you know what I mean, here's a screenie. The black pixels inside the red circle are what I mean:
My SMBX project: Yoshi's Paradise!

Projects I support:

Kley
Edge
Edge
Flair: Robot
Chat Username: Kley

Postby Kley » Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:58 pm

smwforever45 wrote:Ahhh, memories... From the screenshots, this looks awesome, and from what I saw during the first testing, this is very close to the original. :)
I was kinda surprised when I got a Division By Zero runtime error in Level 2, but that was because I entered a warp while its Piranha Plant was outside... So it's not your fault...
I'll play through the whole thing and give you a more detailed review afterwards.

One thing that's bugging me a bit is that you didn't place the sprites of the small Luigi correctly. A few pixels of other frames in the luigi-1.gif are visible in the game as well.
Because I'm not sure if you know what I mean, here's a screenie. The black pixels inside the red circle are what I mean:
I actually noticed that too, but decided to keep my trap shut lol

SuperWingedYoshi
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus

Postby SuperWingedYoshi » Sat Mar 08, 2014 8:01 pm

One more thing I just noticed while continuing to play the episode. In World 4-2, there's a brick block that insta-kills me if I hit it playing as Luigi. I thought at first it had just been me, but I'm able to reproduce it...
To reproduce: Playing as Luigi, with at least a mushroom consumed, just try to break the third left brick block in the screenshot:
All other of these brick blocks can be broken just fine. Only the one I mentioned will cause instant death.
I wonder what's the reason for that?

EDIT: One block in 6-2 has exactly the same issue, more precisely the last block before the warp to the last section. Hit it from below with Luigi while he's not in his small state and he will die.
Last edited by SuperWingedYoshi on Mon Mar 10, 2014 7:38 am, edited 2 times in total.

Projects I support:

Bj007pro
Banned

Postby Bj007pro » Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:17 pm

smwforever45 wrote:One more thing I just noticed while continuing to play the episode. In World 4-2, there's a brick block that insta-kills me if I hit it playing as Luigi. I thought at first it had just been me, but I'm able to reproduce it...
To reproduce: Playing as Luigi, just try to break the third left brick block in the screenshot:
All other of these brick blocks can be broken just fine. Only the one I mentioned will cause instant death.
I wonder what's the reason for that?

This doesn't happen to me with any Playable Character.

SMBXxer
Grinder
Grinder

Postby SMBXxer » Sun Mar 09, 2014 3:34 pm

SMBXxer wrote:This is amazing, but I have a problem, can you PLEASE make the download a zip file?

SuperWingedYoshi
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus

Postby SuperWingedYoshi » Mon Mar 10, 2014 6:55 am

More stuff I noticed.

1. The third Matching Cards game (the one that's unlocked after the second dungeon) in World 5 is unplayable. I checked in the world editor; for the level filename, you entered cardgame1.lvl instead of matchgame1.lvl. It doesn't really matter a lot at the moment because you're able to enter every level infinite times, including the Matching Cards games, the Toad Houses and the Coin Ships. But in the original SMB3, every level can only be finished once, thus it would be quite a problem if one Matching Cards game wasn't playable.

2. Speaking about the Matching Cards game, there's another issue. You always get the two coin prizes, no matter if you found the two matching 10/20 coin cards or not.

3. (the spoiler contains a spoiler, open at your own risk)
Isn't it kinda boring when the cards in the Matching Cards game are always at the same places?
4. And isn't it kinda boring as well when you always get mushrooms in the Toad Houses and 1-ups from the Hammer Bros?

5. The "9" and "10" level icons, unlike the other ones, aren't animated. Any reason for that?

6. I found two world maps in the world.wld which don't belong to any of the eight worlds of SMB3 or the Warp Zone... (Open the spoiler at your own risk - it might spoil stuff.)
A world that's meant to use the World 4 theme. The level filenames are all left undefined, however.
A world that has no music. All the level filenames are defined; it's probably meant to be an alternative to World 1, as most of the level names begin with "grass". Non-existent levels are king1.lvl (the castle level), grass_game.lvl (the Matching Cards game), grass7.lvl (the level with the "7" icon) and flute.lvl (the level with the "9" icon; probably meant to be the warp to the Warp Zone, also called World 9).
I wonder why they're there?

7. This very pipe here doesn't lead me to the warp level which I went through when entering the pipe at the bottom left corner of the screenshot. Instead, I find myself in the middle of World 7-1, and when I finish that level, I'm still at the same position of the world map where I was when I entered the pipe.
8. The path to this Toad House in World 7 is already accessible before you finish 7-8. The path is unlocked upon exiting the pipe at the very right.
9. The Boom-Boom in the World 8 fortress glitched out of the screen during one battle and I wasn't able to finish the level anymore after that... That shouldn't happen, especially in a world like the Darklands where you need your lives really badly...

Don't get me wrong, I love this remake. But some parts of the remake just don't feel like the original. (But it's probably simply not possible with the limitations of the SMBX level editor. I'm actually amazed that something like the Matching Cards minigame is possible.)
Last edited by SuperWingedYoshi on Sat Mar 15, 2014 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Projects I support:

RustyBox
Spiny
Spiny
Current Project: Larry's Adventure - Dark Bowser's Revenge

Postby RustyBox » Fri Mar 14, 2014 3:50 pm

I think the idea is so cool that you've made a new version of SuperMarioBros3. It just looks identical.
An adventure with Larry, Lemmy and Iggy:

I support:
ImageImage Image ImageImage

SMBXxer
Grinder
Grinder

Postby SMBXxer » Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:05 pm

HELLO!?!?!?!?!?!
SMBXxer wrote:This is amazing, but I have a problem, can you PLEASE make the download a zip file?
This is the 3rd time I've posted this, I would like a response!

Pseudo
Peach
Peach
Current Project: ???

Postby Pseudo » Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:58 pm

Phil doesn't appear to be coming here any more, so I wouldn't really expect a response any time soon. Zips are much better, though. I don't understand why anyone would use a rar instead.
its ya girl pseudo and im back on a provisional basis

"sterydy Behemoth expiable novae iconically night owl ticklish turbocharger bactrian riveting . Solidus quits frothy managua scrimper shadowy enthusiastically rearrangement curviness matronliness pinyin piroshki gradual hysterically locker room versed . Horrendous unicorn transnational parka lasso very forbiddingly laborsaving cochabamba hair-raising floozy philter transnational ."
- a spam account, 2016

bemosa
Goomba
Goomba

Postby bemosa » Sun Mar 30, 2014 3:53 am

How do I run a Super Mario Bros. 3 Remake?
I do not know how to put the files! Where to put it?
Please someone tell you how to!

RudeGuy
Luigi
Luigi
Flair: help
Current Project: a random smw hack
Chat Username: rudeguy

Postby RudeGuy » Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:28 am

bemosa wrote:How do I run a Super Mario Bros. 3 Remake?
You must put the files in the folder "world"
im bored

Pseudo
Peach
Peach
Current Project: ???

Postby Pseudo » Sun Mar 30, 2014 2:20 pm

bemosa wrote:How do I run a Super Mario Bros. 3 Remake?
Yes, after decompressing the folder that you download, put the whole folder in your "worlds" folder, which should be in the same folder as SMBX.
its ya girl pseudo and im back on a provisional basis

"sterydy Behemoth expiable novae iconically night owl ticklish turbocharger bactrian riveting . Solidus quits frothy managua scrimper shadowy enthusiastically rearrangement curviness matronliness pinyin piroshki gradual hysterically locker room versed . Horrendous unicorn transnational parka lasso very forbiddingly laborsaving cochabamba hair-raising floozy philter transnational ."
- a spam account, 2016

Return to “Episodes”