LEGEND OF MARIO

Share your completed SMBX episodes or play and discuss others.
Darksword231
Spiny
Spiny

Re: LeGeNd Of MaRiO

Postby Darksword231 » Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:27 pm

Phil wrote:The bag: When you exit Mario's house, go to right, you'll find a pipe, you need 5 stars to enter it. In this pipe you'll find a toad house. Enter this house and Toad will give you the bag!

Sorry for ThE FrEnCh text lol! I'll try to translate it one day! Now i'm too busy with Super Mario Bros. 3 Final Version!
Yeah, OK. I edited my previous comment (it points out a few things that - in my opinion - need changing)
Ma animating is da best.

DatDude
Lakitu
Lakitu

Postby DatDude » Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:37 pm

Darksword231 wrote:Without throwing the mushroom block in the air and jumping on it mid-air (which few people would think to do), or being small, you can't get past this pipe.
That mushroom block isn't even neccessary.

Also, you can just sprint and then duck to get past the pipe.
My Project:
Spoiler: show
On Mafia i like lying, deceiving and trains. Wait, how did you get this information?!
I support these peeps.
Well, except MNIE, because he's drunk though but yeah.

This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 999 character limit.

TangledLion
Mega Mole
Mega Mole

Postby TangledLion » Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:00 pm

DatDude wrote: May you please translate the episode to English, then upload the translated version?
I agree, I want to play this, But if it's RPG style then playing in a language I don't understand will probably ruin the experience...
I'll be honest, I'm not sure If I'm gonna come back here...

Darksword231
Spiny
Spiny

Postby Darksword231 » Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:19 am

DatDude wrote: That mushroom block isn't even neccessary.
What do you mean??
Ma animating is da best.

crepperator
Hoopster
Hoopster

Postby crepperator » Fri Dec 19, 2014 3:06 pm

Darksword231 wrote:
DatDude wrote: That mushroom block isn't even neccessary.
What do you mean??
Because he don't help at progress in the stage. Bwtn this is the same problem with the bag, who is obligatory for progress.
Sorry for my bad english, i'm French!
I'm suporting:

PROX
Mouser
Mouser

Postby PROX » Sat Dec 20, 2014 12:13 am

so far, your level design needs work. I mean I'm stuck on the 1st castle because I can't carry the key up a vine while climbing it. It's a harder trick than it looks. You should NOT force players to do that. Also in level 1-2, the area after the purple pipe maze, the coin arrow shouldn't be there; in fact, it would be better if that entire section was gone. I mean, why would you make a player think that he or she can go to that area only to find out that they have to turn around. There's no key, power-ups, or secret pipe/door so that area is completely pointless.
I believe and I accept Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. If you do, put this in your signature.

If it makes sense then it must make dollars

Youtube Channel: ProxyHax O.O

Please do not use my stuff until I release it. Thank you.

Collab Project I'm working on:

My Graphics Pack:

World Map Pack: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=20173

Gameinsky
Pokey
Pokey

Postby Gameinsky » Sat Dec 20, 2014 8:58 pm

You don't have to carry keys up vines in the first dungeon. You're supposed to go up the tower, find two more keys that can only be accessed by invisible blocks to advance higher again. At the very top you'll find a switch that brings the locked door down (but it will still be floating) and then you can get the key to it.
But yes, I don't think it's a very good idea to force the player to find a billion invisible blocks to proceed.
I can see what you tried to do here (forcing people to explore) and you did succeed. The episode also looks graphically stunning.
While it doesn't have the best graphics, it makes use of clever tricks (I really liked the reflection of the background in the toad town).
The use of events is interesting as well and it's great you took the effort to make all of them.

Sadly the gameplay has suffered a bit seen as it's easily the worst part of the episode. At least so far.
Maybe this episode just suffers from the fact that you started the project with much lower designing skills than when you finished it, meaning that the levels get progressively better until it reaches its high point, which is usually around the early-midgame point.
For this reason I am looking forward to what's after toad town.

The main issues of this episode are mainly the many 'secret' passages that are decently hard to find but are mandatory.
And blocks floating one tile above the ground, as that causes glitches.
You found my hidden signature... OH NO!

Lord Nagaviper
Spiny
Spiny
Flair: Give me a job

Postby Lord Nagaviper » Sun Dec 21, 2014 11:05 am

So I've completed the episode, but it was a bit too complicated in my opinion. Too many pipes to warp in, too many invisible blocks to search for, and a lot of backtracking in places. I also noticed some bugs and a few oddities.

In the first level, I almost wasn't able to finish because I couldn't find one of the stars. Turns out you needed to hit a secret block to make a vine grow, and I had completely missed the block, which was signaled by a coin. I went back to that area and had a hunch, and was luckily able to find the secret block and I beat the level.

In the Toad Town, I didn't know how to get the 12th star because I couldn't read French. After using my Spanish skills and some Google Translate, I found out I had to collect the four chickens.

The strangest thing I came across was that there were 4 collectible stars in world 2-1, the hammer suit level. However, the Star World painting shows that there are actually 6 stars in that level, and I couldn't find the other two. After looking in the level editor, I found that THREE SECTIONS of the level were taken out and left unfinished, with two stars in them both.

Also, on one of the levels, I think in world 2, there is a broken floating pipe thing that looks like an unfinished secret spot.
[insert funny IRC message here]
[insert banners here]
[insert random gif here]
[insert inspirational quote here]

Sylvean
Cheep-Cheep
Cheep-Cheep

Postby Sylvean » Sun Dec 21, 2014 7:03 pm

My first post, yay!

Actually, I am French, so I can understand this without a problem. Then, I thought of something. Since you're busy, I can maybe translate myself (and by that avoiding you a lot of tiring work of translations AND letting you work on your other project)!

So, what do you think? Can I?

Phil
Bob-omb
Bob-omb

Postby Phil » Sun Dec 21, 2014 7:41 pm

Yes you can do it! PM me! And thank you all! :)

Sylvean
Cheep-Cheep
Cheep-Cheep

Postby Sylvean » Mon Dec 22, 2014 6:05 pm

Thank you! I will start working on it whenever I will have the time, then I'll PM you the translated episode!

Phil
Bob-omb
Bob-omb

Postby Phil » Sun Dec 28, 2014 2:37 pm

English version is out now! :) Enjoy! Thank you Sylvean for the translation!

DOWNLOAD ENGLISH VERSION: https://www.mediafire.com/?5nacb0lvsqhl01v

Phil
Bob-omb
Bob-omb

Re: LEGEND OF MARIO [ENG]

Postby Phil » Mon Dec 29, 2014 4:55 pm

You have to search for these 5 stars! I am sure you can find these :P Seach everywhere!

MECHDRAGON777
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg
Flair: Nuclear Queen of Reversion.

Postby MECHDRAGON777 » Tue Dec 30, 2014 1:53 am

Phil wrote:English version is out now! :) Enjoy! Thank you Sylvean for the translation!

What language was it in and do you still have the link to it?

ImageImageImage

Gameinsky
Pokey
Pokey

Postby Gameinsky » Tue Dec 30, 2014 7:49 am

MECHDRAGON777 wrote:
Phil wrote:English version is out now! :) Enjoy! Thank you Sylvean for the translation!

It was in French.
You found my hidden signature... OH NO!

Sylvean
Cheep-Cheep
Cheep-Cheep

Postby Sylvean » Tue Dec 30, 2014 9:07 am

MECHDRAGON777 wrote:

As said up, it was in French. I think the link is here.

Anphiba
Lakitu
Lakitu

Postby Anphiba » Mon Jan 05, 2015 9:46 am

I really like it.
The hub is really cool. I love that star puzzle. The SMB3 level style looks great as well.
What I really liked was the glow block from NSMBWii. You used that in 1-2.
I wanted to use a glow block in my episode too. Is that okay?
I support:

Phil
Bob-omb
Bob-omb

Postby Phil » Mon Jan 05, 2015 6:46 pm

No problem!You can use it! I am so happy that you liked this Episode, the first level was done with a lot of brainstorming heheh! There is a lot of work in this small episode! One day i will expand this! I hope to see a LP soon! :)

Goomba
Goomba

Postby 670839245 » Sat Feb 14, 2015 8:26 am

Whoops!!! Your download link "has a redirect cycle" and I cannot download. Get another mirror??

ps. I'm in China, althought I'm using a VPN. You may go to greatfire(dot)org to see what sites are blocked here.

LakituBros
Bob-omb
Bob-omb

Postby LakituBros » Wed Mar 18, 2015 10:55 pm

I-n-c-r-e-d-i-b-l-e
One of the better maps i ever played, keep with the good work
-Lakitu
what am i doing with life

Have a Spiny!

Supported Projects: