Super Mario Forever.X

Share your completed SMBX episodes or play and discuss others.
Forum rules
Before you make a topic/post, consider the following:
-Is there a topic for this already?
-Does your topic feature a completed SMBX episode accompanied with screenshots?
-Is your post on-topic/appropriate?
-Are you posting in the right forum/following the forum rules?
User avatar
KFCMARIO
Koopa Troopa
Koopa Troopa
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun May 11, 2014 1:21 am

Super Mario Forever.X

Postby KFCMARIO » Sun Feb 22, 2015 10:04 pm

Image
(The logo font designer is BMATSANTOS)

Something About SMFX(Super Mario Forever.X)

Actually,this episode had been finished before I planned to make Endless Exploration.But I found a lot of design bugs after it was finished,so I didn't post this episode to here at that time.However,I changed my mind after finished Endless Exploration.I decided to fix the bugs that had been found.Then,I rebuilt worldmap when I saw Sednaiur's SMB1 Expanded GFX-Pack(the very first worldmap was built with SMW tilesets).Now,I have finished it.

SMFX is an episode that imitate the graphic style of MarioForever with SNES-SMB1 tilesets.Compared with MF,more interesting ideas could be developed in SMBX platform,which means that this episode has many things MF doesn't have.For example,I made the levels' style vary from world to world.including snowy scenes,autumn scenes and so on.


World Map Screenshots
Spoiler: show
Image
Levels Screenshots
Spoiler: show
Image
Credits
Spoiler: show
Graphics:
BMATSANTOS(for designing logo font)
Sednaiur
Valtteri
Red_Yoshi
spriters-resource website
MFGG website

World map designer:
KFCMARIO

Levels Designer:
KFCMARIO
Nintendo
Softendo
(All common levels were designed by myself)

Beta Tester:
KFCMARIO
(Yes many works have to be done by myself because I haven't joined any team up to now)

Others:
Zephyr(The idea of the platform in 6-4 was created by him in his Mario Classic's 8-Castle2)
Redigit(for making SMBX)

If I have used your graphics but your name doesn't be credited,I apologize for it because I do have many tests for this episode.
Download Link
Spoiler: show
奏、私はあなたを爱してる

My Episodes(Click the logo to see them)
Image
Image

User avatar
Skartrax
Shy Guy
Shy Guy
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:20 am

Re: Super Mario Forever.X

Postby Skartrax » Sun Feb 22, 2015 10:54 pm

I seen that in some levels there's green spinies and red buzzy beetles, and they has decimals on their codes. Some PCs have problems with that. This makes the game really unfair (at least for me), because the game ignores the "." (I think) and they run at "speed=15".

User avatar
litchh
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell
Posts: 621
Joined: Sun Dec 29, 2013 6:10 am

Re: Super Mario Forever.X

Postby litchh » Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:36 am

This episode seems pretty nice. You made good work with graphics & NPCs placement.
___________
Can I return to World 1 after I entered the warp?

User avatar
KFCMARIO
Koopa Troopa
Koopa Troopa
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun May 11, 2014 1:21 am

Re: Super Mario Forever.X

Postby KFCMARIO » Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:57 am

litchh wrote:This episode seems pretty nice. You made good work with graphics & NPCs placement.
___________
Can I return to World 1 after I entered the warp?
Yeah,but the only warp back to World 1 is placed in World 8.
奏、私はあなたを爱してる

My Episodes(Click the logo to see them)
Image
Image

User avatar
bossedit8
Toad
Toad
Posts: 6840
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:35 pm
Current Project: Airship Attack 2
Chat Username: <3 bossedit8 <3
Contact:

Re: Super Mario Forever.X

Postby bossedit8 » Mon Feb 23, 2015 4:15 am

Skartrax wrote:I seen that in some levels there's green spinies and red buzzy beetles, and they has decimals on their codes. Some PCs have problems with that. This makes the game really unfair (at least for me), because the game ignores the "." (I think) and they run at "speed=15".
If that is the case, I have to manually edit the game just to remove every single "decimal" Speeds in it or if the creator removes it aswell, I can simply get the game without to edit it manually.


This Looks very, very nice and I am really looking Forward to Play it once I have the time to. I for sure record this game but only if I have much less to do with the whole other requests to take care.

User avatar
WerewolfGD
Wart
Wart
Posts: 3256
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2014 2:28 am
Flair: Daily life of Alagirez
Current Project: Questioning my life
Chat Username: Alagirez
Contact:

Re: Super Mario Forever.X

Postby WerewolfGD » Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:45 am

OMG awesome episode.... All is SMB1 styled.
Can't wait to play this episode. Great Job!

A former SMBX level designner
If you want to to talk with me, go here : Alagirez#2056
Also a furry

Image
YT Channel |MxW2 for those who wants it
My osu! Profile | My twitter
Image

Awooo!

y479021776
Rex
Rex
Posts: 83
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2014 10:07 pm

Re: Super Mario Forever.X

Postby y479021776 » Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:47 pm

I have played the old version at 2014.
Now I will play the new version,it's awesome!
The 8 star levels looks so familiar!

User avatar
Witchking666
Silver Yoshi Egg
Silver Yoshi Egg
Posts: 1770
Joined: Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:47 am
Current Project: Mario & Luigi: Quest of Fear

Re: Super Mario Forever.X

Postby Witchking666 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 2:02 am

In comparison to endless exploration it kinda sucks
But its still awesome though
I'm tired of this back-slapping "Isn't humanity neat?" bullshit. We're a virus with shoes, okay? That's all we are.
Bill Hicks.


Check out my stuff:
Spoiler: show
Image.
Image

Mable
Peach
Peach
Posts: 5838
Joined: Sat Dec 21, 2013 4:23 am
Current Project: Account soon to be deleted
Chat Username: Account soon to be d
Contact:

Re: Super Mario Forever.X

Postby Mable » Tue Feb 24, 2015 1:53 pm

witchking666 wrote:In comparison to endless exploration it kinda sucks
But its still awesome though
That makes no sense at all.

Phil
Bob-omb
Bob-omb
Posts: 38
Joined: Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:00 pm

Re: Super Mario Forever.X

Postby Phil » Tue Feb 24, 2015 5:21 pm

This episode look's very good, this is the best worldmap i ever seen! I want to play this so bad but whenever i launch the episode, mario spawn in the corner of a black screen and it is glitched, i have to push start and exit the game, then, smbx crash.... is it normal?!

silent_
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa
Posts: 2157
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:34 pm
Current Project: something

Re: Super Mario Forever.X

Postby silent_ » Tue Feb 24, 2015 5:49 pm

CaptainSyrup wrote:
witchking666 wrote:In comparison to endless exploration it kinda sucks
But its still awesome though
That makes no sense at all.
how?

compared to Endless Exploration (you know, the episode being featured right now) it sucks, but it's still awesome

so that's implying that Endless Exploration is a really good episode, and this is a good episode too, but compared to Endless Exploration, it's not as good
previously known as Kep

User avatar
KFCMARIO
Koopa Troopa
Koopa Troopa
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun May 11, 2014 1:21 am

Re: Super Mario Forever.X

Postby KFCMARIO » Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:03 pm

Phil wrote:This episode look's very good, this is the best worldmap i ever seen! I want to play this so bad but whenever i launch the episode, mario spawn in the corner of a black screen and it is glitched, i have to push start and exit the game, then, smbx crash.... is it normal?!
Oh..I was not clear at all about your problem,have you got damaged files?The same problem hasn't occurred on my computer while testing
奏、私はあなたを爱してる

My Episodes(Click the logo to see them)
Image
Image

User avatar
HengShao
Cheep-Cheep
Cheep-Cheep
Posts: 12
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2014 11:11 pm

Re: Super Mario Forever.X

Postby HengShao » Wed Feb 25, 2015 6:11 am

Great!
2333~ #(滑稽)
An interesting SMBX 1.4.4 CHINESE episode:
Image

If you're interested in the project above,or just want to discuss SMBX,welcome to the Hel Studio Discord Server~ :
https://discord.gg/vw84Gxa

User avatar
underFlo
Mario
Mario
Posts: 4481
Joined: Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:44 am
Flair: sup im lesbiab
Current Project: actually nothing i lied to you
Chat Username: underFlo
Contact:

Re: Super Mario Forever.X

Postby underFlo » Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:03 am

HengShao wrote:Great!
Please don't make posts consisting of only one word.
im a girl yo

dagget10
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus
Posts: 536
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:32 pm
Current Project: ******* ***** ***** **** (Secret)
Chat Username: Dagget10

Re: Super Mario Forever.X

Postby dagget10 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 3:19 pm

This episode looks amazing! I will have to try this.
Nickname wrote:
HengShao wrote:Great!
Please don't make posts consisting of only one word.
That consisted of one word AND AN EXCLAMATION POINT!!! Big difference.
Eyyyy

User avatar
SilverDeoxys563
Nipper Plant
Nipper Plant
Posts: 781
Joined: Sat Dec 21, 2013 11:53 am

Re: Super Mario Forever.X

Postby SilverDeoxys563 » Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:45 pm

This episode, guys. This episode.

So, I started this episode and played the first level. I saw the top layer of animated clouds and immediately thought "Wow! This looks almost exactly like Mario Forever! The level design seems to be the same, too!"

Skip ahead to world 2:

"Oh, man! I loved this world in the original game, but wasn't this supposed to be World 3? Owell."

Then, I decided to backtrack and get the secret exit in 1-4 after discovering the leaves in World 2. I entered the flag level, warped to World 3. Then I realized there was no turning back ever again. CRAP. Not even the world map could save me now.

"ICE LEVELS WHY ARE YOU WORSE THAN EVER BEFORE?!"
"oh hey that's a neat little walking Pirahna Plant, maybe I should have one of those in my episode"
"oh gosh why is this suddenly Kaizo with invisible blocks causing me to fall to my death"
In "The Ice Bridge," I think, there was a pit next to the ground next to a pipe. I tried to cross it, and an invisible coin block killed me. I didn't think Mario Forever ever did that to me?
"So these flying buzzy beetles, I gotta time my jumps perfectly like bouncing off flying Koopas right?"
>expects to bounce off of the first one I land off
>doesn't
>keeps holding the Jump button while holding right
>falls off of what I now know is actually a Parabeetle
>dies
"WHAT WHY DO THEY HAVE PLAYERBLOCKTOP ON THEM"

...I mean, couldn't you have given me a warning prior to my getting to those enemies (which, by the way, you really don't use enough of)? I had no idea what they were.

"thank god I got through THAT madness. Why ice levels whyyyy"

World 4:

"11/10 for using Kirby music, this level is amazing"
>joins a Shype call and begins singing to the SMB3 water theme
"OH HELL WHY WATER LEVELS, WHY?!"
"and I tried to jump on a Bullet Bill as indicated by a coin trail and I missed. RIP me"
Also why is 4-3 long as crap? The checkpoint was way too early in the level and I ended up dying from fatigue about 15 times DDD:
anyway 4-4 was pretty good, though I just Fire Flower'd my way through the rising platform section while standing in the middle the whole time lol

World 5:

5-2 feels very empty because a lot of the underground section doesn't feel like a cave at all since there's no blocks on top. I enjoyed the dark part of the background, but a lot of the ground part felt really empty as well since there weren't many enemies off of the bridges. By the way, about those bridges--you should really recolor the gray platforms to be the same color as the blue blocks to fit the palette, you know what I mean?
The message block at the beginning of the secret exit leading from 5-3 plays the message sound twice.
"oh wow these disco balls and bullet bills make for some really tight jumps"
"FFFF WHY MOVING LAYERS, WHY ARE YOU SO CRUEL"
"lol how does one simply die to the SMB3 koopaling"

World 6:

The world map could use some pipe sceneries around here.
"why do I keep checking these pipes even though there's way too many of them for design to allow them to lead somewhere?"
6-2's overworld music seems a bit low quality. Can you find any higher quality files of Petal Meadows? Downloadable OSTs, maybe?
wait a minute LOL WHY ARE THE PARAGOOMBAS SMB3 STYLED
"Zomg, a controlled platform?! How is that even possible?! Oh, I see. Awesome gimmick!"
"Podoboos over Cheep Cheeps? WHO KNEW--oh wait I'm dead already, that took me by complete surprise"
OKAY I CHANGED MY MIND, THIS GIMMICK IS RIDICULOUS BECAUSE I CAN'T GET IT TO STOP IMMEDIATELY WHEN I GO LEFT. LIKE REALLY WHY DO YOU PUT THE PODOBOOS IN SUCH PLACES THAT THEY WILL ALWAYS HIT ME. EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. i am so tempted to give up right now
OKAY JUST NO. YOU CAN'T FREAKING MAKE TWO VOLCANO LOTUSES CHASE ME AND EXPECT TO AVOID ROTODISCS AT THE EXACT SAME TIME WHILE THERE ARE PARAKOOPAS CHASING ME AND THOWMPS ABOVE ME. YOU CAN'T BE SERIOUS RIGHT NOW. THIS LEVEL GETS AN "F" RATING FOR EXTREME RAGEQUITTING DIFFICULTY. I'VE DIED MORE THAN LITERALLY A HUNDRED TIMES, YOU HEAR ME?

...two hours later, I did it. you have NO IDEA how dismayed I was after seeing yet another part to it after the checkpoint.

...

World 7:

"I guess that wasn't TOO bad of a first level"
"OH GOD WHY. YOU CAN'T JUST COMBINE BLOOPERS AND BOOS AND FIREPROOF FISH SPAM TOGETHER WITHOUT NERFING ONE OF THEM. THIS IS JUST HELL. I GUESS IT'S 6-4 ALL OVER AGAIN"
You, sir, are the most hardcore level designer this community has ever seen, and I don't know why you haven't been recognized for that yet because of this episode.
I managed to find a second fire flower and clear 7-2. 7-3 couldn't get any worse, right?
Nope. I really liked 7-3; it was actually fair. The rising and falling water was fun to play around with, and it's definitely cool how you have to beware of the falling part of it. I really think you're using Venus Firetraps a bit too heavily at this point in the game, but it's still possible to dodge their fireballs.
7-4: WOW! I absolutely see what you did here, and I LOVE IT! Good thing there's no, uh... flying podoboo cheep cheeps, eh? *sigh*
Wendy's mask is screwed up, though.

World 8:

8-1 requires ridiculous jumps and very little reaction time. Don't make it to where I need a full running start and there's a buzzy beetle about to fall on me, k? ...oh wait I shouldn't complain about World 8 because it's World 8, right
8-2 is apparently The Invasion 2 all over again. But man, those fireball pipes were EXTREMELY cool looking.
8-3:
"WHY IS IT JUST INSTINCTUAL TO JUMP RIGHT INTO THE LAVA AT THE VERY BEGINNING OF THE LEVEL WHEN THE PODOBOO CLEARLY WILL SCREW ME OVER. WHY DO I KEEP DOING THAT."
Those flying Podoboos are so scary tho

OKAY, so now that I have access to World 1 again, let's go back to World 2.

World 2:

-flew over the first level
"Ooh these falling stars are so pretty! This tileset is totally 10/10!"
3-3 has an extremely unfair secret exit. How would I have known to check for an invisible block RIGHT THERE?
Spoiler: show
Image
okay back to World 8

uh.
Spoiler: show
Image
PLS GAME

okay aside from the first part of 8-4 being nearly impossible, I liked the second part quite a lot. It's a nice gimmick, but if you die to Bowser it takes like 5 minutes to go through it again even though it's easy :(
can't complain about the easiness tho

8-?: I enjoy the life meter at the top, but I think the way you spawned the third phase is a bit cruel since if you're standing in the center there's basically nowhere to run. Then he just tries to back you against the left wall and it's just fffff camping at the right wall. Fourth phase takes way too long without a hammer suit I somehow managed to get into there lol.

SO YEAH I JUST BEAT YOUR KAIZO EPISODE WITHOUT CHEATS.

HA.

oh wait there's still the extra world ;_;

Ex-1: short, to the point, awesome music, enjoyed the atmosphere
Ex-2: oh boy here comes more Kaizo! ;_; OH LOOK AN ICE FLOWER LET'S WIN THE LEVEL, YAY!
Ex-3: lol more Kaizo D: that underground section was really laidback and relaxing tho, thanks for that <3
Ex-4: oboi more Kaizo--WHAT NOT THIS AGAIN DDDDDDDDDDDDDD:

THIS IS
FRIKKIN
NOT
POSSIBLE
AT ALL

if I manage to get past the lava section in my entire life I'll get back to you

...I did it, but I had to change the lava speed to -1.25. I mean, really? -1.5 is INCREDIBLY FAST and if I screw up EVEN ONCE WHICH EVERYONE PLAYING THIS EPISODE BY THIS POINT PRETTY MUCH WILL I'll die. The speed on the Chain Chomp invulnerable animation is derp tho lol

Nitpicks:
  • The underground backgrounds that are bonus rooms should have a cyan gradient coming up from the bottom of them, IIRC.
  • The YI music isn't the original SNES music and instead 2 of them are MIDI remixes, 0/10
  • A lot of the backgrounds have 1x1 pixels in the sky. It looks like they were made by MS Paint. Also, some of them are even blurry, unfortunately. Please fix them.
  • The score's mask is screwed up slightly.
  • The hammer's mask is screwed up slightly.
Best Level: Snakes, 7-4

Worst Level: The Controlled Platform, 6-4

Episode Rating: 7.8/10 too many projectiles, but worth playing nevertheless
ImageImage
Image
<Ragont> as303298 the movie.wmmp
In these days, I feel particularly blessed, contented, thankful, and inspired to be Christian.

Please don't Steam message me after midnight, kthx.

User avatar
KFCMARIO
Koopa Troopa
Koopa Troopa
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun May 11, 2014 1:21 am

Re: Super Mario Forever.X

Postby KFCMARIO » Sat Mar 14, 2015 11:00 pm

SilverDeoxys563 wrote:
Spoiler: show
This episode, guys. This episode.

So, I started this episode and played the first level. I saw the top layer of animated clouds and immediately thought "Wow! This looks almost exactly like Mario Forever! The level design seems to be the same, too!"

Skip ahead to world 2:

"Oh, man! I loved this world in the original game, but wasn't this supposed to be World 3? Owell."

Then, I decided to backtrack and get the secret exit in 1-4 after discovering the leaves in World 2. I entered the flag level, warped to World 3. Then I realized there was no turning back ever again. CRAP. Not even the world map could save me now.

"ICE LEVELS WHY ARE YOU WORSE THAN EVER BEFORE?!"
"oh hey that's a neat little walking Pirahna Plant, maybe I should have one of those in my episode"
"oh gosh why is this suddenly Kaizo with invisible blocks causing me to fall to my death"
In "The Ice Bridge," I think, there was a pit next to the ground next to a pipe. I tried to cross it, and an invisible coin block killed me. I didn't think Mario Forever ever did that to me?
"So these flying buzzy beetles, I gotta time my jumps perfectly like bouncing off flying Koopas right?"
>expects to bounce off of the first one I land off
>doesn't
>keeps holding the Jump button while holding right
>falls off of what I now know is actually a Parabeetle
>dies
"WHAT WHY DO THEY HAVE PLAYERBLOCKTOP ON THEM"

...I mean, couldn't you have given me a warning prior to my getting to those enemies (which, by the way, you really don't use enough of)? I had no idea what they were.

"thank god I got through THAT madness. Why ice levels whyyyy"

World 4:

"11/10 for using Kirby music, this level is amazing"
>joins a Shype call and begins singing to the SMB3 water theme
"OH HELL WHY WATER LEVELS, WHY?!"
"and I tried to jump on a Bullet Bill as indicated by a coin trail and I missed. RIP me"
Also why is 4-3 long as crap? The checkpoint was way too early in the level and I ended up dying from fatigue about 15 times DDD:
anyway 4-4 was pretty good, though I just Fire Flower'd my way through the rising platform section while standing in the middle the whole time lol

World 5:

5-2 feels very empty because a lot of the underground section doesn't feel like a cave at all since there's no blocks on top. I enjoyed the dark part of the background, but a lot of the ground part felt really empty as well since there weren't many enemies off of the bridges. By the way, about those bridges--you should really recolor the gray platforms to be the same color as the blue blocks to fit the palette, you know what I mean?
The message block at the beginning of the secret exit leading from 5-3 plays the message sound twice.
"oh wow these disco balls and bullet bills make for some really tight jumps"
"FFFF WHY MOVING LAYERS, WHY ARE YOU SO CRUEL"
"lol how does one simply die to the SMB3 koopaling"

World 6:

The world map could use some pipe sceneries around here.
"why do I keep checking these pipes even though there's way too many of them for design to allow them to lead somewhere?"
6-2's overworld music seems a bit low quality. Can you find any higher quality files of Petal Meadows? Downloadable OSTs, maybe?
wait a minute LOL WHY ARE THE PARAGOOMBAS SMB3 STYLED
"Zomg, a controlled platform?! How is that even possible?! Oh, I see. Awesome gimmick!"
"Podoboos over Cheep Cheeps? WHO KNEW--oh wait I'm dead already, that took me by complete surprise"
OKAY I CHANGED MY MIND, THIS GIMMICK IS RIDICULOUS BECAUSE I CAN'T GET IT TO STOP IMMEDIATELY WHEN I GO LEFT. LIKE REALLY WHY DO YOU PUT THE PODOBOOS IN SUCH PLACES THAT THEY WILL ALWAYS HIT ME. EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. i am so tempted to give up right now
OKAY JUST NO. YOU CAN'T FREAKING MAKE TWO VOLCANO LOTUSES CHASE ME AND EXPECT TO AVOID ROTODISCS AT THE EXACT SAME TIME WHILE THERE ARE PARAKOOPAS CHASING ME AND THOWMPS ABOVE ME. YOU CAN'T BE SERIOUS RIGHT NOW. THIS LEVEL GETS AN "F" RATING FOR EXTREME RAGEQUITTING DIFFICULTY. I'VE DIED MORE THAN LITERALLY A HUNDRED TIMES, YOU HEAR ME?

...two hours later, I did it. you have NO IDEA how dismayed I was after seeing yet another part to it after the checkpoint.

...

World 7:

"I guess that wasn't TOO bad of a first level"
"OH GOD WHY. YOU CAN'T JUST COMBINE BLOOPERS AND BOOS AND FIREPROOF FISH SPAM TOGETHER WITHOUT NERFING ONE OF THEM. THIS IS JUST HELL. I GUESS IT'S 6-4 ALL OVER AGAIN"
You, sir, are the most hardcore level designer this community has ever seen, and I don't know why you haven't been recognized for that yet because of this episode.
I managed to find a second fire flower and clear 7-2. 7-3 couldn't get any worse, right?
Nope. I really liked 7-3; it was actually fair. The rising and falling water was fun to play around with, and it's definitely cool how you have to beware of the falling part of it. I really think you're using Venus Firetraps a bit too heavily at this point in the game, but it's still possible to dodge their fireballs.
7-4: WOW! I absolutely see what you did here, and I LOVE IT! Good thing there's no, uh... flying podoboo cheep cheeps, eh? *sigh*
Wendy's mask is screwed up, though.

World 8:

8-1 requires ridiculous jumps and very little reaction time. Don't make it to where I need a full running start and there's a buzzy beetle about to fall on me, k? ...oh wait I shouldn't complain about World 8 because it's World 8, right
8-2 is apparently The Invasion 2 all over again. But man, those fireball pipes were EXTREMELY cool looking.
8-3:
"WHY IS IT JUST INSTINCTUAL TO JUMP RIGHT INTO THE LAVA AT THE VERY BEGINNING OF THE LEVEL WHEN THE PODOBOO CLEARLY WILL SCREW ME OVER. WHY DO I KEEP DOING THAT."
Those flying Podoboos are so scary tho

OKAY, so now that I have access to World 1 again, let's go back to World 2.

World 2:

-flew over the first level
"Ooh these falling stars are so pretty! This tileset is totally 10/10!"
3-3 has an extremely unfair secret exit. How would I have known to check for an invisible block RIGHT THERE?

Image

okay back to World 8

uh.

Image

PLS GAME

okay aside from the first part of 8-4 being nearly impossible, I liked the second part quite a lot. It's a nice gimmick, but if you die to Bowser it takes like 5 minutes to go through it again even though it's easy :(
can't complain about the easiness tho

8-?: I enjoy the life meter at the top, but I think the way you spawned the third phase is a bit cruel since if you're standing in the center there's basically nowhere to run. Then he just tries to back you against the left wall and it's just fffff camping at the right wall. Fourth phase takes way too long without a hammer suit I somehow managed to get into there lol.

SO YEAH I JUST BEAT YOUR KAIZO EPISODE WITHOUT CHEATS.

HA.

oh wait there's still the extra world ;_;

Ex-1: short, to the point, awesome music, enjoyed the atmosphere
Ex-2: oh boy here comes more Kaizo! ;_; OH LOOK AN ICE FLOWER LET'S WIN THE LEVEL, YAY!
Ex-3: lol more Kaizo D: that underground section was really laidback and relaxing tho, thanks for that <3
Ex-4: oboi more Kaizo--WHAT NOT THIS AGAIN DDDDDDDDDDDDDD:

THIS IS
FRIKKIN
NOT
POSSIBLE
AT ALL

if I manage to get past the lava section in my entire life I'll get back to you

...I did it, but I had to change the lava speed to -1.25. I mean, really? -1.5 is INCREDIBLY FAST and if I screw up EVEN ONCE WHICH EVERYONE PLAYING THIS EPISODE BY THIS POINT PRETTY MUCH WILL I'll die. The speed on the Chain Chomp invulnerable animation is derp tho lol

Nitpicks:
  • The underground backgrounds that are bonus rooms should have a cyan gradient coming up from the bottom of them, IIRC.
  • The YI music isn't the original SNES music and instead 2 of them are MIDI remixes, 0/10
  • A lot of the backgrounds have 1x1 pixels in the sky. It looks like they were made by MS Paint. Also, some of them are even blurry, unfortunately. Please fix them.
  • The score's mask is screwed up slightly.
  • The hammer's mask is screwed up slightly.
Best Level: Snakes, 7-4

Worst Level: The Controlled Platform, 6-4

Episode Rating: 7.8/10 too many projectiles, but worth playing nevertheless
wow,thank you for playing this game so patient and your detailed comment.Actually this is my first episode since I start to play SMBX,so i think it‘s no strange that many bugs could be found even i have fixed some problem before.But the same as Endless Exploration,I would not fix this problem until June because I have to pay more attention to the most important exam in my high school life.
Last edited by bossedit8 on Sun Mar 15, 2015 12:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Spoiler inside the Quote added
奏、私はあなたを爱してる

My Episodes(Click the logo to see them)
Image
Image

User avatar
SilverDeoxys563
Nipper Plant
Nipper Plant
Posts: 781
Joined: Sat Dec 21, 2013 11:53 am

Re: Super Mario Forever.X

Postby SilverDeoxys563 » Sat Mar 14, 2015 11:04 pm

KFCMARIO wrote:wow,thank you for playing this game so patient and your detailed comment.Actually this is my first episode since I start to play SMBX,so i think it‘s no strange that many bugs could be found even i have fixed some problem before.But the same as Endless Exploration,I would not fix this problem until June because I have to pay more attention to the most important exam in my high school life.
...o.

So the impossible parts were basically unintentional? K then lol, I feel a lot better about myself. No problem, though, take your time. As for fixing the top bugs that highly annoy me, hmm...

6-4: Replace the spiny egg with the bully. That should fix everything. I think. Also, it really moves way too fast IMO.
8-1: maybe slow down the lava a littttle bit, because it's pretty scary.
Extra-4: Holy crap slow down dat lava lol
ImageImage
Image
<Ragont> as303298 the movie.wmmp
In these days, I feel particularly blessed, contented, thankful, and inspired to be Christian.

Please don't Steam message me after midnight, kthx.

User avatar
Arceus88
Blooper
Blooper
Posts: 190
Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2015 7:00 am
Current Project: A 2in1 compilation episode: Bowser's Adventure + Arceus88's Boss Rush

Re: Super Mario Forever.X

Postby Arceus88 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 2:05 am

Why SMB1 graphics? To me SMB3 graphics are better than other graphics :roll: . I'll try this episode.
Last edited by Arceus88 on Thu Aug 06, 2015 6:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image
Please try my project (I'm begging you. :( ). The full version will be released in Middle or Late 2016.
Note: The boss rush will be available in the release, so it's not yet available.

Ilovelemmy
Koopa Troopa
Koopa Troopa
Posts: 21
Joined: Sat Apr 12, 2014 4:52 pm
Current Project: super ellis and friends beta

Re: Super Mario Forever.X

Postby Ilovelemmy » Mon Mar 16, 2015 1:39 pm

Beauitiful.
I would Like to Play this.
You Gave me a good idea of a Episode Dude. Keep up the good work :D :D :D :D :D
I am Lemmy Koopa

My EpisdoesSuper ellis and friends, Toads Adventure


Return to “Episodes”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests