Hello everybody!

Come in and introduce yourself.
Rux Ton
Cheep-Cheep
Cheep-Cheep

Hello everybody!

Postby Rux Ton » Sun Jan 25, 2015 7:17 pm

Hi! My name is Rux Ton. You can call me Rux, Ruxy, Rukkus, Etc... whatever fancies you the most.

A little bit about me

I am an electronic music producer (as it states in my signature). This means I compose, program, etc... I do not use premade stuff, I do everything from scratch. I hate to have to explain it but I understand that some people don't know the terminology so that's okay. I have been doing it for 11 years and it all started because of Donkey Kong Country 2, which is my FAVORITE game of all time. SNES music was always awesome to me, and that game really went above and beyond musically speaking. Even Super Metroid did too! So because of DKC2, I wanted to know how to make music like that, and thus, the search started and here I am at 22 years old, never quit making music.

ITS NOT A PHASE MOM I SWEAR!

QUICK EDIT: You can also keep up with my latest updates, aside from following me on soundcloud, by going to my topic at http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... =49&t=7804

If you are curious to hear my music, here are some links to get you started:
https://soundcloud.com/ruxton/sine-stuff This is a WIP right now, and I am VERY proud of this one.

https://soundcloud.com/ruxton/barrels-up-high This was me messing around with creating SNES style music. I broke the music limitations a WEE bit but it's okay. I thoroughly enjoyed creating this. I had to use a soundfont for this one but I am in the midst of learning how to downsample my own sounds so that I can make more GENUINE styled SNES music.

https://soundcloud.com/ruxton/make-it-fresh-1 And this was the result of me messing around with bass resampling (creating a bass synth, rendering it, and then resampling it, adding effects, re-rendering, etc.. a cycle of sampling)

Obviously there are more and you can check them out on my soundcloud from any of those links, those are I guess, my highlights as you could say.

What are my goals, you ask?

Basically my goals are to just keep making music, eventually go on tour with all these crazy game-related show ideas I have in my head. I have big plans and so many ideas that will be BEYOND fun to create. It's a bit of a trek but I have been steadily working on it. And actually.. SMBX (which i stumbled upon because of Vinesauce actually, some great streamers. Look them up if you are into that.) gave me some really great ideas for my album I want to make. I was planning on doing an album where I give away a "fake snes" boxart album art, with a flash drive that was big enough to fit an SMBX level pack with custom graphics, music, and sound, from the album either re-worked to fit the gameplay or.. what-have-you. It would be SUPER fun to do that and this engine makes it easy for me to come up with these neat incentives. I am a bit of a n00b with pixel art. My avatar is probably my best work so far but I am working on it. And I hope that I can come up with some fun SMBX levels, music, and sounds in the process of learning in which case, I will share my resources with you guys in the process.

Anyways, any questions? Comments? Concerns? I'm very happy to be here. I don't tend to get on forums much so, this is kind of new. When I was younger though I was a huge forum-goer on VGDC. RIP Randy Solem, you were such a great guy.

THE END
Last edited by Rux Ton on Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am an electronic music producer.
I do music for my own personal projects as well as for indie games. It all started when I was a little kid playing Donkey Kong Country 2, and the music changed my life.
By producer I mean I completely program the music, and do the synthesis from scratch. It's fun for me. VERY fun.

https://soundcloud.com/ruxton <--- Check out my music on soundcloud here.

Pseudo
Ludwig
Ludwig
Pronouns: She/her

Re: Hello everybody!

Postby Pseudo » Sun Jan 25, 2015 7:34 pm

Hello, Rux Ton! Great introduction. You seem like a good guy. Check out the forum rules and enjoy your time here.
its ya girl pseudo and im back on a provisional basis

"sterydy Behemoth expiable novae iconically night owl ticklish turbocharger bactrian riveting . Solidus quits frothy managua scrimper shadowy enthusiastically rearrangement curviness matronliness pinyin piroshki gradual hysterically locker room versed . Horrendous unicorn transnational parka lasso very forbiddingly laborsaving cochabamba hair-raising floozy philter transnational ."
- a spam account, 2016

Rux Ton
Cheep-Cheep
Cheep-Cheep

Postby Rux Ton » Sun Jan 25, 2015 7:47 pm

Thanks a lot! May I ask you what NSMBX is bytheway? Was it supposed to be a sequel to SMBX? I'm a little new to all of this so yeah, go easy on me heh :lol:
I do music for my own personal projects as well as for indie games. It all started when I was a little kid playing Donkey Kong Country 2, and the music changed my life.
By producer I mean I completely program the music, and do the synthesis from scratch. It's fun for me. VERY fun.

Pseudo
Ludwig
Ludwig
Pronouns: She/her

Postby Pseudo » Sun Jan 25, 2015 8:01 pm

^
NSMBX originally referred to "New Super Mario Bros. X", yeah. It was an unofficial (not made by Redigit) SMBX recreation project started by community members supermarioman (gone) and XerX (still here). Nowadays it just refers to the NSMBX forums, which were originally created for the NSMBX project but continued to exist after it was canceled. The NSMBX forum was revived recently, that's what my signature refers to.
its ya girl pseudo and im back on a provisional basis

"sterydy Behemoth expiable novae iconically night owl ticklish turbocharger bactrian riveting . Solidus quits frothy managua scrimper shadowy enthusiastically rearrangement curviness matronliness pinyin piroshki gradual hysterically locker room versed . Horrendous unicorn transnational parka lasso very forbiddingly laborsaving cochabamba hair-raising floozy philter transnational ."
- a spam account, 2016

Mivixion
Panser
Panser

Postby Mivixion » Sun Jan 25, 2015 8:02 pm

Hey new user! You seem like a pretty cool guy.

Rux Ton
Cheep-Cheep
Cheep-Cheep

Postby Rux Ton » Sun Jan 25, 2015 8:12 pm

Nice to meet you Praesidium, thank you very much!

Ohh, so does that mean it's revived to come back? Or just a community revival? That's interesting nonetheless.
I really enjoy the SMBX engine though anyway. It has opened some new doors for me in making my videogame dream come true as well as a new way of music promotion and fun basically. Of course it's going to take some work but I think I am slowly getting there :)

Superiorstar
Van De Graf
Van De Graf

Postby Superiorstar » Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:36 pm

What's up Rux ton! I hope you have a nice time as I did!
Spoiler: show
ImageImage

Spoiler: show

One day, we will paint with our minds.
it's been a minute since I've cared about this place, I'll have to do some catching up
If there is a 999 limit on characters, what's the limit on images?

Rux Ton
Cheep-Cheep
Cheep-Cheep

Postby Rux Ton » Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:56 pm

Thank you very much. Your avatar is perfect bytheway. I haven't had a laugh like that in ages oh man.
I need more sanic in my life.

JupiHornet
Chargin' Chuck
Chargin' Chuck

Postby JupiHornet » Sun Jan 25, 2015 10:30 pm

Hello fren :]
I listened to some of your music, it sounds really cool! I might use it in future levels (if that's okay)
Are you going to design too, or just stick to music?
AeroMatter wrote: This post is ironic. These forums are ironic. My life is ironic.

If you want to talk to me, add me on Discord at JupiHornet#2897, or go to my Twitter page!
You can also check out my YouTube channel!
- PREVIOUSLY KNOWN AS TURTWIG -

Rux Ton
Cheep-Cheep
Cheep-Cheep

Postby Rux Ton » Sun Jan 25, 2015 10:57 pm

Hey that's no problem. If you even feel like you want something custom you could always hit me up and I could always give it a whirl. I have lately been REALLY into doing ambient stuff. With subtle melodies etc. That's always fun. But everything else is really fun too. I just love making music haha.

I plan to do both, but I am very slow at learning this. In fact, I have an idea, I just don't know where to start with learning and.. yeah heh. I have new character ideas, basically it wouldn't be a mario story, it would be 100% new characters, etc. It'll be a lot of work but I am sure i'll get there soon :)

EDIT: I forgot to mention, I am pretty flexible though. If someone has like a project they are doing and it needs some music, don't be shy and ask me. Show me your progress, etc and we could always have a chat on skype etc. This is fun to me, and I consider this my way of giving back to the gaming community, music community, and SMBX community for being fucking awesome mosty importantly. This is probably the coolest thing I have ever found on the internet in all of my years of, internetting.

PPS: I also have Super Mario soundfonts to fit specific game themes too, if people like to keep the retro as retro (so you use SNES graphics, you want SNES style music, and so on and so forth). But I also have other SNES soundfonts. As well as I am able to create realistic orchestral music too. So I do more than just electronic music (synthy stuff I mean). :D

WerewolfGD
Boom Boom
Boom Boom
Flair: Legalize Awooo!

Postby WerewolfGD » Mon Jan 26, 2015 2:13 am

Welcome to the forums, DJ Rux Ton!
Read the forum rules (if you want) and enjoy your stay. Your music is COOL!

Known also as Camacho or Harvey36Dice.
Also a furry

Awooo!
If you want to talk with me, go here : Alagirez#2056

Rux Ton
Cheep-Cheep
Cheep-Cheep

Postby Rux Ton » Mon Jan 26, 2015 3:19 am

Thank you very much! Hey I checked out your levels, I seriously love that ice world you have. It gave me some really nice feels and some ideas for music actually. And I LOVE your choice for that red level. Basically, I really like what you have going on. I'll post more comments in your topic :) But thank you I appreciate that!

bossedit8
Banned

Postby bossedit8 » Mon Jan 26, 2015 3:21 am

This surely is very surprising.

Hello and Welcome to the Forums. I am @bossedit8 who makes Levels, Episodes and even Videos based on SMBX and sometimes Mario Builder, Touhou, ZSNES Emulators and rarely more. I mostly do SMBX Videos for YouTube anyway.

Have a very nice time and please follow the Forum Rules. If you did then hope to get used here.

Rux Ton
Cheep-Cheep
Cheep-Cheep

Postby Rux Ton » Mon Jan 26, 2015 3:25 am

Hi there! I have never heard of Touhou :O yipes. I'll have to look that up. I dig your avatar bytheway.

Anyways thank you for the warm welcome :) All of you. This is probably the warmest welcome I have ever had before. Hopefully you guys will see some more and more content from me the more i get the hang of the SMBX editor and PGE (I juggle both, it's hard for me to get used to still heh.)

bossedit8
Banned

Postby bossedit8 » Mon Jan 26, 2015 3:29 am

This surely is a good Thing. Do not worry about as of how the Editor works since for the first timer it can be quite tricky to get used to but you will get better adventuly. Samething to me when I used SMBX back then in 2010 and I was Kind of bad by playing but I Keep getting better until I hit the Limit of being extremely good at it and used to the whole mechanics to the regular SMBX Editor and In-Game.

CreatorForce
Eerie
Eerie

Postby CreatorForce » Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:21 am

Welcome To the forums Rux Ton.
Anyway Your Music Is Cool. Have A nice time here, And Don't forget read the forum rules ;)

underFlo
Reznor
Reznor
Flair: sup im lesbiab
Pronouns: They/She

Postby underFlo » Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:10 am

I think that's the most effort I ever saw getting put in an introduction :P

Welcome to the forums, I'll give some of your music a listen for sure once I get home. If you need any help with the editor, feel free to ask in the Help and Support subforum (as you already did), after all, we all start small.
im a girl yo

Rux Ton
Cheep-Cheep
Cheep-Cheep

Postby Rux Ton » Mon Jan 26, 2015 3:18 pm

Bahaha yeah, I wanted to come in with a bang I suppose. That and It bugs me if my posts don't look neat an organized to my standards so there is always that :P

Thank you thank you.

ragont
Fuzzy
Fuzzy

Postby ragont » Mon Jan 26, 2015 3:21 pm

Howdy!
Welcome to our completely normal and totally friendly community!

ok that first track is actually pretty fucking good

MistakesWereMade
Torpedo Ted
Torpedo Ted

Postby MistakesWereMade » Mon Jan 26, 2015 3:30 pm

holy shit how come i cant be this gud at music

oh btw welcome

Return to “Introductions”