Luigibot Suggestion Thread

For topics related to SuperMarioBrosX.org. Suggest anything that you would like to see on the site here.
Axiom
Birdo
Birdo

Luigibot Suggestion Thread

Postby Axiom » Fri Jul 10, 2015 9:40 pm

So I've been developing Luigibot for about a week now, for those of you who don't know what it is, it's a custom IRC bot coded in C# that runs on Windows (.NET) and Linux (Mono) (potentially OS X too, haven't tried yet).

I'm pretty satisfied with Luigibot's current state after give or take a constant week's worth of work. His current features are as follows.
  • !slap command to slap users with giant fish
  • !8ball command to tell your fortune and help you make terrible decisions
  • !lastfm command to spy on last.fm profiles
  • !seen command to keep track of the last time a user was seen. Coupled with this is the fact that it now saves and loads to a JSON database.
  • Admin/Moderator/Me toggles and killswitches when people start abusing him
  • User welcoming system
I'm sure many of you now have encountered or used Luigibot in some way, even though I regard him as a "mistake", I still always want to improve him.

I'm leaving you here with some important links now, I hope that you can guys can help me create a damn good IRC bot that hopefully people will begin to use and appreciate. Thank you all for your support and help already!

GitHub Page*: https://github.com/Luigifan/Luigibot
Luigibot Commands Reference: https://github.com/Luigifan/Luigibot/wi ... t-Commands

Note the * next to the GitHub Page link..

Please note that yes, this is an open source bot. That's great for you: you can come in, make your own modifications, submit a pull request, learn, etc. But what I DONT want is all of you suddenly having your own variants of Luigibot. Because then I will have Joey or someone shutdown all of the bots, including mine. So I ask that you please, experiment with your Luigibot elsewhere than in SMBX.
what am I??? doing

- Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses Unity Remake
- Florida Van Man YouTube Channel, where I DIY repair Sprinter vans.
- 3 small games in development

FanofSMBX
Bowser
Bowser

Re: Luigibot Suggestion Thread

Postby FanofSMBX » Fri Jul 10, 2015 9:51 pm

!quiz: makes a random question from a pool. Whichever account enters the right string gets a point. Optional: ten seconds to answer before it reveals the answer anyways

!points (no other words): displays your points

!points (name): displays points on (name) account

Perhaps one could buy titles (you could do like !info (user) or somesuch) or something with points? The old bot I was thinking of didnt do this, but I guess it would be cool.

I believe in Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. If you do, put this in your signature.
My graphics pack!
Supporting forums:

Spoiler: show
SMBX Galaxy forum by Pivot40Channel
http://smbxgalaxy.prophpbb.com/
Come to the SMBX+ forums by illias3000. There is a whole forum category dedicated to the boss rush series with official rushes, submit bosses, and fan boss rushes! It is still open but AirSeus Forums is now open:
http://nsmbx.prophpbb.com/
AirSeus Forums the new home of the Boss Rush series:
http://smbxairseusforums.prophpbb.com/
Spoiler: show
First to discover:
Spark
Eerie
Grinder
Rainbow Shell
Birdo
Boom Boom
KINGBOWSER112 RULES!

Aero
Administrator

Postby Aero » Fri Jul 10, 2015 9:57 pm

Switch from !command to ?command.

Also add: ?ann <announcement>, to set an announcement for the welcome message.

Axiom
Birdo
Birdo

Postby Axiom » Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:01 pm

What's wrong with !commands? I made sure it didn't trigger any ChanServ stuff

And would ?ann be global welcome for any user that joins?

As for the points system I think I could make it happen. With some experimentation of course.
what am I??? doing

Shadow Yoshi
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Postby Shadow Yoshi » Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:50 pm

? is good because it's specifically not ! so you can add op/deop/kick commands that won't interfere.

I'm just going to say this now so there's less confusion later - it would be better for you (and everyone who is interested) to start testing bots in #bots or something. Luigibot is fun to have for a bit but it's a little too much sometimes. I'd rather keep #smbx bot-free for now.

FallingSnow
Ninji
Ninji

Postby FallingSnow » Fri Jul 10, 2015 11:13 pm

Joey confirmed member of the resistance against the robot overlords!!

XerX
Birdo
Birdo

Postby XerX » Sat Jul 11, 2015 1:58 am

using ! interferes with server commands such as !help and, as Joey stated, !op, !deop, etc. using ? or . as a recognizer would be a lot better.

SnifitGuy
Birdo
Birdo

Postby SnifitGuy » Sat Jul 11, 2015 10:23 pm

How about / for commands, or better yet, \. I mean nobody uses the latter anyways, sooooo... :roll:

Shadow Yoshi
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Postby Shadow Yoshi » Sat Jul 11, 2015 10:28 pm

/ registers automatically with the server and your message will be sent directly to it instead of whatever channel you're in.

! is not a server command prefix but rather a ChanServ "fantasy" prefix. It can be changed on a per-channel basis but ! is the default.

XerX
Birdo
Birdo

Postby XerX » Sat Jul 11, 2015 10:33 pm

Chanserv is part of the server, is it not?

Shadow Yoshi
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Postby Shadow Yoshi » Sat Jul 11, 2015 10:42 pm

Actually, it isn't. And even if it was, ! is still not a server command since you have to say it in a channel for ChanServ to read it. It's pretty much the same thing as having Luigibot in a channel and him reading the input.

ChanServ and the rest of the services are located on their own server that connects to the IRC server. The services act as IRC users, and commands that look like they're directly accessing them (/cs, /chanserv, etc.) are really just shortcuts for messaging them (/msg ChanServ, etc.).

Axiom
Birdo
Birdo

Postby Axiom » Sun Jul 12, 2015 9:03 pm

alright then when I start working again this week changing from ! to ? will be the first order of business. but what I'll do is add a message if someone tries to use an ! command saying to use ? instead.

id do that tonight but i've been helping my grandparents move the past two days so i'm honestly really beat and my head's killing me.

oh ps happy 1000
what am I??? doing

Return to “SuperMarioBrosX.org”