Medal Requests

For topics related to SuperMarioBrosX.org. Suggest anything that you would like to see on the site here.
Shadow Yoshi
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Re: Medal Requests

Postby Shadow Yoshi » Sun Nov 15, 2015 8:34 pm

Making some edits to the homepage doesn't fulfill any requirements for the wiki medals. Sorry.

Bryan
Pokey
Pokey

Postby Bryan » Sun Nov 15, 2015 8:35 pm

Joey wrote:Making some edits to the homepage doesn't fulfill any requirements for the wiki medals. Sorry.
It's fine.

Pseudo
Peach
Peach
Current Project: ???

Postby Pseudo » Sun Nov 15, 2015 10:58 pm

Hey, could I get the Consistent Editor medal myself? I've created several pages on community stuff as well as enemies and stuff, here's my contributions.
Love and Tolerance FTW!!
previously Pseudo-dino but you probably guessed that yourself

come visit my YouTube channel, where I play games (including smbx)

"sterydy Behemoth expiable novae iconically night owl ticklish turbocharger bactrian riveting . Solidus quits frothy managua scrimper shadowy enthusiastically rearrangement curviness matronliness pinyin piroshki gradual hysterically locker room versed . Horrendous unicorn transnational parka lasso very forbiddingly laborsaving cochabamba hair-raising floozy philter transnational ."
- a spam account 2016

My Switch friend code: 1353 - 7698 - 1308 (add me!)

so... i'm actually a girl

PixelPest
Link
Link
Flair: Tamer of Boom Booms
Current Project: Boom Boom Evolution
Chat Username: PixelPest

Postby PixelPest » Sun Nov 22, 2015 12:53 pm

I submitted a level for Community Contest 11 (at that time my username was Cosmik), proof below.
Spoiler: show
68. Cosmik - Secret Desert Tar Sands (4.12/10)
Bomber57 (5.0/10)
Mmhm, this is a desert with sand, and there is some tar about the place. Secret? Not so much. Nothing too spectacular about this one. The graphics were plain but managed to work a little. The last skull raft ride was too hectic, having three podoboos and a thwomp in quick succession. Also, the level ends in a SMW star rather than a SMB3 one, so the level never actually ends, you just get the star and then commit suicide. Was this level trying to say that shiny things don't bring you happiness? Who knows? Maybe that is the true secret of the Secret Desert Tar Sands.
bossedit8 (1.0/10)
Overloaded graphical construction in a small level. This level was kinda messy and highly flawed. Being big is pretty much suicide since your timing has to be overly perfect in order to manage. Secret was strange but at least it kinda works as a secret and this level doesn't even have enough dragon coins in it. Only 3. At the end you get a SMW star, not a SMB3 star which basically means there's no way you can beat the level unless you die which is terrible. No thanks!
Chad (5.5/10)
This is a really interesting level. It's a desert level with a strong mechanical feel to it, and I like the focus on tricky jumps and enemy evasions alongside navigating around moving layers. The tight design has an intriguing effect on this difficulty as well, requiring careful planning from the player to squeeze around the narrow obstacles, which is pretty entertaining. However, it's a little bit overkill in several places. Sometimes the opportunity, time, or space to avoid something just isn't there, and getting through some of it almost comes down to luck. The Spiny generator at the start combined with the moving platform, for example, make the Spinies' movements inconsistent and unpredictable, while the crushers up above leave you with little room to squeeze through considering SMBX's very strict tolerance for that. The skull rafts, which put you on a fixed path in a narrow space, tend to leave the player no choice but to take a Podoboo hit if luck isn't kind to them. The level's at least short, so at least there isn't a massive amount of level to redo, although I'd say the start of the inside section would be a good place for a midpoint. Also, don't use the SMW star as an exit star, because then you force players to manually kill themselves after grabbing it. Don't put every graphic in the game in the level's folder either, because that makes it take several minutes to load for no reason.
Quill (5.1/10)
The SMW star being the exit was weird as it gives the impression that it's just a secret star. But oh man, you have to kill yourself to exit the level! Also, those red blocks at the start move way too slow. As for the rest of the level, it's pretty basic and could do with a little more length too. It was a nice attempt though.
Valtteri (4.0/10)
Yeah, the level ends with a SMW star and therefore can't be escaped by other than committing suicide. It's a pretty out of ordinary desert level with an underground section with thwomps. The level is relatively short. Overall I don't like the messy nature of the level. An illusion of boiling oil coming out of upward pipes was attempted and it turned out blocky.
I'm not sure this counts as Contributing Member, but I am the writer of this H&S sticky thread and continually update it.
http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... 35&t=12033

Thanks.

Reiuji Utsuho
Pokey
Pokey
Flair: Time to make myself disappear
Chat Username: Yuu-senpai#1659

Postby Reiuji Utsuho » Mon Nov 30, 2015 6:29 pm

I guess Level judge since I am one now? ~

Hi! Please stay positive and keep yourself motivated. You can do many great things if you give it your effort. Please have a lovely day.
#1: Utsuho Reiuji  #2: Kagerou Imaizumi  #3: Fujiwara no Mokou  #4: Momiji Inubashiri  #5: Kasen Ibaraki

JupiHornet
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa

Postby JupiHornet » Mon Nov 30, 2015 8:49 pm

Contributing Member pls

I've run 2 unofficial contests:
http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... =69&t=8517
http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... =69&t=8517

Judged another:
http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... =69&t=7555

And reviewed several levels (you can see the reviews in the Levels board)
AeroMatter wrote: This post is ironic. These forums are ironic. My life is ironic.

If you want to talk to me, add me on Discord at JupiHornet#2897, or go to my Twitter page!
You can also check out my YouTube channel!
- PREVIOUSLY KNOWN AS TURTWIG -

Zeldamaster12
Cid
Cid
Flair: stop looking at my flair dangit
Chat Username: Zeldamaster12

Postby Zeldamaster12 » Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:06 pm

Sorry, but it takes more than hosting and judging a couple of unofficial contests and reviewing some levels to get the Contributing Member medal.

JupiHornet
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa

Postby JupiHornet » Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:16 pm

Zeldamaster12 wrote:Sorry, but it takes more than hosting and judging a couple of unofficial contests and reviewing some levels to get the Contributing Member medal.
Hm, okay. What exactly are the requirements?
AeroMatter wrote: This post is ironic. These forums are ironic. My life is ironic.

If you want to talk to me, add me on Discord at JupiHornet#2897, or go to my Twitter page!

Shadow Yoshi
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Postby Shadow Yoshi » Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:53 pm

I agree that hosting/judging contests and reviewing levels isn't enough alone for the medal, but Turtwig is definitely a contributing member of this community so he's earned it.

Enjl
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Flair: Orphion Egamalenitar Osmos IV, Esq.

Postby Enjl » Tue Dec 01, 2015 3:33 am

Could I get the "Helpful User" medal, since I, especially in the LunaLua thread (but also in Help and Support), often help users out who need help with something?
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

JupiHornet
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa

Postby JupiHornet » Tue Dec 01, 2015 7:25 am

Joey wrote:I agree that hosting/judging contests and reviewing levels isn't enough alone for the medal, but Turtwig is definitely a contributing member of this community so he's earned it.
Yay :D

Zonnepoes
Hoopster
Hoopster
Current Project: Nothing at all.

Postby Zonnepoes » Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:54 am

Could i have one? I participated in the 11th Community Contest. I just didn't got to Tier 2, but i don't care much.
Don't click if you dare! (bad box)

Also known on those websites as:
smwcentral:http://www.smwcentral.net/?p=profile&id=25353
raocow's talkhaus:http://talkhaus.raocow.com/memberlist.p ... le&u=98499

Keep in mind that i am not a very active SMBX poster anymore. The game is still pretty awesome, but i decided to post a little more on SMWCentral.

Meepingturtle
Bob-omb
Bob-omb

Postby Meepingturtle » Tue Dec 01, 2015 5:18 pm

Can I have Community Contest Participant? I got 47th place in the winter contest.

Sancles-Chan
Silver Yoshi Egg
Silver Yoshi Egg
Flair: dumb bitch energy

Postby Sancles-Chan » Fri Dec 04, 2015 10:46 am

Shouldn't i have the level judge medal?
World-Renowned Pancake Girl

snoruntpyro
Pokey
Pokey

Postby snoruntpyro » Sat Dec 05, 2015 10:26 am

I'd like the MaGLX medal. I made this level (27th place MaGLX2).

Delete if Allowed 2
Lakitu
Lakitu

Postby Delete if Allowed 2 » Sat Dec 05, 2015 5:44 pm

Requestring a maglx medal.

I judged the first maglx contest. It had 134 levels in it,

AirShip
Ninji
Ninji
Flair: The Flying Ghost
Current Project: viewtopic.php?f=90&t=22332
Chat Username: AirSheep

Postby AirShip » Sat Dec 05, 2015 8:02 pm

Mosaic
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa
Current Project: The Mosaic Group's Journey, Toad's SMB Adventure, Mosaic Adventures and Other Secret Projects?
Chat Username: Mosaic

Postby Mosaic » Fri Dec 25, 2015 4:39 pm

Could i have the helpful user medal? I often help people with stuff in the help and support section.

I believe in Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. If you do, put this in your signature.
And Here's The Proof
My Rainbow Of Levels
Mosaic's Museum(My Discord)

Danny wrote:Here's some constructive criticism: What the hell.
Witchking wrote:Approved!

Discord Quotes: show

h2643
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa
Current Project: RL
Chat Username: h/a troll

Postby h2643 » Fri Dec 25, 2015 4:46 pm

MosaicMario wrote:Could i have the helpful user medal? I often help people with stuff in the help and support section.
Idk man I rarely ever see you helping people.

Natsu
Wart
Wart
Current Project: It's a secret to everybody ...
Chat Username: Kuma-san

Postby Natsu » Sat Dec 26, 2015 9:20 am

I was wondering, this level got into "The Best" section, shouldn't I be awarded with the medal for it?
Discord quotes
Trace: You're a capable boi

Return to “SuperMarioBrosX.org”