HOW TO USE: SMBX 2.0 Starman + New Characters

For topics related to SuperMarioBrosX.org. Suggest anything that you would like to see on the site here.
User avatar
Prado
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus
Posts: 505
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:10 am

Re: HOW TO USE: SMBX 2.0 Starman + New Characters

Postby Prado » Fri Feb 19, 2016 5:35 pm

Horikawa Otane wrote:I'm extending the word "weekend" to include Monday.
This is how to break a promise with great style. :?
Discord server to play SMBX online via Parsec!

https://discord.gg/FftYYMv

User avatar
underFlo
Mario
Mario
Posts: 4481
Joined: Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:44 am
Flair: sup im lesbiab
Current Project: actually nothing i lied to you
Chat Username: underFlo
Contact:

Re: HOW TO USE: SMBX 2.0 Starman + New Characters

Postby underFlo » Fri Feb 19, 2016 5:43 pm

im extending the word "weekend" to mean "never"
im a girl yo

User avatar
Anthony Valle
Spiny
Spiny
Posts: 50
Joined: Mon Dec 21, 2015 5:27 pm
Current Project: Legend of the Golden Shrooms

Re: HOW TO USE: SMBX 2.0 Starman + New Characters

Postby Anthony Valle » Fri Feb 19, 2016 7:19 pm

Ms. Otane said that the next beta will be coming this weekend (or depending on the time it takes), just wait until this weekend or later days. Just wait and the update will come real soon.
Read your bible everyday guys!
I support SMBX 1.3.0.1
I support Platformer Game Engine (PGE) by Wolhstand
I support Lunalua by Kevsoft
I support SMBX 2.0 by Horikawa Otane

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Projects In support:
Image

Geometry Dash profile:
Image

Clash of Clans profile:

Image

Image

Horikawa Otane
Lakitu
Lakitu
Posts: 485
Joined: Sun Jan 05, 2014 2:02 am

Re: HOW TO USE: SMBX 2.0 Starman + New Characters

Postby Horikawa Otane » Sun Feb 21, 2016 1:11 pm

Prado wrote:
Horikawa Otane wrote:I'm extending the word "weekend" to include Monday.
This is how to break a promise with great style. :?
Not my fault. Waiting on tech for player manager. Thought it was complete, but then issues popped up.

User avatar
Fuyu
Wart
Wart
Posts: 3021
Joined: Sat Dec 21, 2013 2:40 pm
Current Project: It's a secret to everybody ...
Chat Username: take a guess

Re: HOW TO USE: SMBX 2.0 Starman + New Characters

Postby Fuyu » Sun Feb 21, 2016 1:16 pm

Don't worry Horikawa, I hope you fix those issues. I want to make something clear if you don't mind, though; whenever someone is developing something for public use most of the times target audiences won't care about why or how issues pop up. Not your fault, that's true, but people won't care about who's fault is. Good luck!
Discord quotes
Trace: You're a capable boi

Mable
Peach
Peach
Posts: 5835
Joined: Sat Dec 21, 2013 4:23 am
Current Project: Account soon to be deleted
Chat Username: Account soon to be d
Contact:

Re: HOW TO USE: SMBX 2.0 Starman + New Characters

Postby Mable » Sun Feb 21, 2016 1:24 pm

Prado wrote:
Horikawa Otane wrote:I'm extending the word "weekend" to include Monday.
This is how to break a promise with great style. :?
Promises never can't be backed up. You always have to know that stuff like issues or bugs out of nowhere can happen anytime.

And i rather have a good working engine then a buggy one. And maybe you should be more patient about stuff like this.

Redigit didn't liked it that much either when people kept bugging him about new updates and stuff.

Horikawa Otane
Lakitu
Lakitu
Posts: 485
Joined: Sun Jan 05, 2014 2:02 am

Re: HOW TO USE: SMBX 2.0 Starman + New Characters

Postby Horikawa Otane » Sun Feb 21, 2016 8:22 pm

Anyway the new beta is going to focus on SUBSTANTIAL QoL improvements.

Characters and new NPCs will be MUCH EASIER to use. No more copying files. You'll even be able to place swap blocks in levels with PGE.

More than just 5 swap blocks. >_>

Also featured will be costumes!!! There's lots of really good ones.

(and new cheat codes)

And usual bugfixes and stuff. Wario and Bowser's mechanics still haven't changed yet. They need work.

User avatar
Prado
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus
Posts: 505
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:10 am

Re: HOW TO USE: SMBX 2.0 Starman + New Characters

Postby Prado » Mon Feb 22, 2016 12:11 pm

Tinkerbell wrote:
Prado wrote:
Horikawa Otane wrote:I'm extending the word "weekend" to include Monday.
This is how to break a promise with great style. :?
Promises never can't be backed up. You always have to know that stuff like issues or bugs out of nowhere can happen anytime.

And i rather have a good working engine then a buggy one. And maybe you should be more patient about stuff like this.

Redigit didn't liked it that much either when people kept bugging him about new updates and stuff.
I was joking, sorry if it wasn't so obvious.
Discord server to play SMBX online via Parsec!

https://discord.gg/FftYYMv

User avatar
RecklessAbandonGame
Shy Guy
Shy Guy
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:08 pm

Re: HOW TO USE: SMBX 2.0 Starman + New Characters

Postby RecklessAbandonGame » Sun Mar 20, 2016 5:16 am

Cedrik wrote:
PixelPest wrote:
Cedrik wrote:Idk why, but the starman doesn't work in my SMBX (LunaLua).

Can someone help? Need I SMBX 2.0?
Maybe since it says "HOW TO USE: SMBX 2.0 Starman + New Characters" you should have it.
Problem: 2.0 Doesn't work.
(I ask in SMBX 2.0 open beta.)
Doesn't work for me either, I've followed all directions. PGE works, but not able to launch the game itself (or the legacy editor).

Image
Check out our YouTube channel! SMBX is featured, among many other games. http://bit.ly/1rmw8wc


Mable
Peach
Peach
Posts: 5835
Joined: Sat Dec 21, 2013 4:23 am
Current Project: Account soon to be deleted
Chat Username: Account soon to be d
Contact:

Re: HOW TO USE: SMBX 2.0 Starman + New Characters

Postby Mable » Sun Mar 20, 2016 5:20 am

Maybe show the code you use for it? Maybe show a scrren? Maybe you didn't download all the files?

User avatar
RecklessAbandonGame
Shy Guy
Shy Guy
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:08 pm

Re: HOW TO USE: SMBX 2.0 Starman + New Characters

Postby RecklessAbandonGame » Sun Mar 20, 2016 11:24 pm

How would it be possible for me to not get all the files if everything is (and should be) contained in a single zip download? So... yes, I have all the files. And again, PGE works fine but SMBX 2.0 itself does not.

This is what happened... when testing the starman, it wasn't working right and it hurts me instead. So I figured it was because I had to test it in the main game instead for lunaluas to work properly. That's when I realized that I can't even access the main game from the launcher, no matter what episode/level I choose the launcher then closes and nothing else opens. Unless I'm supposed to install it over an older version of SMBX or something?

So technically, I have two issues atm. lol!

Image
Check out our YouTube channel! SMBX is featured, among many other games. http://bit.ly/1rmw8wc


Horikawa Otane
Lakitu
Lakitu
Posts: 485
Joined: Sun Jan 05, 2014 2:02 am

Re: HOW TO USE: SMBX 2.0 Starman + New Characters

Postby Horikawa Otane » Mon Mar 21, 2016 3:35 am

The next beta update, which will be landing Monday or Tuesday at this rate, will be hosted on Google Drive. I'm leaving Mega since so many people seem to have issues with it.

PixelPest
Link
Link
Posts: 7116
Joined: Sun Jul 12, 2015 5:38 pm
Flair: Tamer of Boom Booms
Current Project: Boom Boom Evolution
Chat Username: PixelPest
Contact:

Re: HOW TO USE: SMBX 2.0 Starman + New Characters

Postby PixelPest » Mon Mar 21, 2016 6:08 am

Horikawa Otane wrote:The next beta update, which will be landing Monday or Tuesday at this rate, will be hosted on Google Drive. I'm leaving Mega since so many people seem to have issues with it.
Can you please use Dropbox or Mediafire? Google Drive sucks for download hosting

User avatar
RecklessAbandonGame
Shy Guy
Shy Guy
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:08 pm

Re: HOW TO USE: SMBX 2.0 Starman + New Characters

Postby RecklessAbandonGame » Mon Mar 21, 2016 8:39 pm

Google Drive works just fine, although I had no issues with Mega anyways. lol...

Let me state once again that I HAVE ALL THE FILES. The download did not corrupt anything, unless the download itself is flawed? Point is, this still doesn't work so I don't see how changing the hosting site would fix that. I've deleted the program until its at a better state for proper beta testing...
PixelPest wrote:
Horikawa Otane wrote:The next beta update, which will be landing Monday or Tuesday at this rate, will be hosted on Google Drive. I'm leaving Mega since so many people seem to have issues with it.
Can you please use Dropbox or Mediafire? Google Drive sucks for download hosting
Dropbox is garbage if you want to store large amounts of content, I've used both for years and I would rank Google Drive higher.

Image
Check out our YouTube channel! SMBX is featured, among many other games. http://bit.ly/1rmw8wc


Horikawa Otane
Lakitu
Lakitu
Posts: 485
Joined: Sun Jan 05, 2014 2:02 am

Re: HOW TO USE: SMBX 2.0 Starman + New Characters

Postby Horikawa Otane » Tue Mar 22, 2016 1:27 am

RecklessAbandonGame wrote:Google Drive works just fine, although I had no issues with Mega anyways. lol...

Let me state once again that I HAVE ALL THE FILES. The download did not corrupt anything, unless the download itself is flawed? Point is, this still doesn't work so I don't see how changing the hosting site would fix that. I've deleted the program until its at a better state for proper beta testing...
PixelPest wrote:
Horikawa Otane wrote:The next beta update, which will be landing Monday or Tuesday at this rate, will be hosted on Google Drive. I'm leaving Mega since so many people seem to have issues with it.
Can you please use Dropbox or Mediafire? Google Drive sucks for download hosting
Dropbox is garbage if you want to store large amounts of content, I've used both for years and I would rank Google Drive higher.
Well, I could help you debug your current problem, but at this point I think I'd prefer to just ask you to wait until sometime Tuesday night EST. The reason being is that, that's when I'm planning on dropping the next beta revision. With that, starman, etc. will just be placeable - no lunalua stuff required. If you STILL have issues even with that... Then we'll take a closer look. But just give it a bit until the new release is up.

User avatar
RecklessAbandonGame
Shy Guy
Shy Guy
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:08 pm

Re: HOW TO USE: SMBX 2.0 Starman + New Characters

Postby RecklessAbandonGame » Wed Mar 23, 2016 5:44 pm

Okay then, that sounds good! : )

Image
Check out our YouTube channel! SMBX is featured, among many other games. http://bit.ly/1rmw8wc


User avatar
HeroLinik
Cyan Yoshi Egg
Cyan Yoshi Egg
Posts: 3442
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:28 pm
Current Project: TCGA Remake
Chat Username: Look below my avatar
Contact:

Re: HOW TO USE: SMBX 2.0 Starman + New Characters

Postby HeroLinik » Tue May 31, 2016 7:33 am

OK, so I'm having a bit of an issue with my Starman. I've created a Lua file and put the necessary API in there, and copied it into the folder of the level I'm going to use it in, along with the Starman music and the actual NPC. The problem is, when I test the level, collecting the Starman results in it disappearing without activating, and when I open or finish testing the level, this error comes up:

Image

What am I doing wrong?
I support: show
Lol, you got trolled. Move along, if you please.
YouTube channel

Moderator of the r/Pokemon Discord server since 2019.

S1eth
Spiny
Spiny
Posts: 54
Joined: Sat Apr 23, 2016 10:44 am

Re: HOW TO USE: SMBX 2.0 Starman + New Characters

Postby S1eth » Tue May 31, 2016 8:28 am

Linik wrote:OK, so I'm having a bit of an issue with my Starman. I've created a Lua file and put the necessary API in there, and copied it into the folder of the level I'm going to use it in, along with the Starman music and the actual NPC. The problem is, when I test the level, collecting the Starman results in it disappearing without activating, and when I open or finish testing the level, this error comes up:

Image

What am I doing wrong?
Download this example level and see if it works in the legacy editor: https://www.mediafire.com/?dks5e4pll6jhckr

If it doesn't. Check if you have this file in your SMBX 2.0 folder:
SMBX 2.0\graphics\new_characters\rosalina\smwstar.ogg

User avatar
HeroLinik
Cyan Yoshi Egg
Cyan Yoshi Egg
Posts: 3442
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:28 pm
Current Project: TCGA Remake
Chat Username: Look below my avatar
Contact:

Re: HOW TO USE: SMBX 2.0 Starman + New Characters

Postby HeroLinik » Tue May 31, 2016 1:04 pm

S1eth wrote:
Linik wrote:OK, so I'm having a bit of an issue with my Starman. I've created a Lua file and put the necessary API in there, and copied it into the folder of the level I'm going to use it in, along with the Starman music and the actual NPC. The problem is, when I test the level, collecting the Starman results in it disappearing without activating, and when I open or finish testing the level, this error comes up:

Image

What am I doing wrong?
Download this example level and see if it works in the legacy editor: https://www.mediafire.com/?dks5e4pll6jhckr

If it doesn't. Check if you have this file in your SMBX 2.0 folder:
SMBX 2.0\graphics\new_characters\rosalina\smwstar.ogg
Apparently yours turns into a yellow Koopa Troopa and harms the player because you did the code wrong. I fixed it for you, but it's bringing up the same error as before. And yeah, I've got the file as questioned in my folder.
I support: show
Lol, you got trolled. Move along, if you please.
YouTube channel

Moderator of the r/Pokemon Discord server since 2019.

S1eth
Spiny
Spiny
Posts: 54
Joined: Sat Apr 23, 2016 10:44 am

Re: HOW TO USE: SMBX 2.0 Starman + New Characters

Postby S1eth » Tue May 31, 2016 1:36 pm

Linik wrote:
S1eth wrote:
Linik wrote:OK, so I'm having a bit of an issue with my Starman. I've created a Lua file and put the necessary API in there, and copied it into the folder of the level I'm going to use it in, along with the Starman music and the actual NPC. The problem is, when I test the level, collecting the Starman results in it disappearing without activating, and when I open or finish testing the level, this error comes up:

Image

What am I doing wrong?
Download this example level and see if it works in the legacy editor: https://www.mediafire.com/?dks5e4pll6jhckr

If it doesn't. Check if you have this file in your SMBX 2.0 folder:
SMBX 2.0\graphics\new_characters\rosalina\smwstar.ogg
Apparently yours turns into a yellow Koopa Troopa and harms the player because you did the code wrong. I fixed it for you, but it's bringing up the same error as before. And yeah, I've got the file as questioned in my folder.
How did you "fix" it? What did you change?


Return to “SuperMarioBrosX.org”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests