YouTube videos don't play in full screen!

For topics related to SuperMarioBrosX.org. Suggest anything that you would like to see on the site here.
Neoflash
Swooper
Swooper

YouTube videos don't play in full screen!

Postby Neoflash » Thu Jan 07, 2016 10:22 pm

What GENIUS thought it would be funny to make it so you can't put YouTube videos in full screen when you put them in your post?? Is this a joke!? Do people actually enjoy wasting another year to open it up on YouTube just because this site is an inconvenient mess?!

Bottom line: Let us view YouTube vids in full screen. It's not rocket science.
Let's change the world.

PixelPest
Link
Link
Flair: Tamer of Boom Booms

Re: YouTube videos don't play in full screen!

Postby PixelPest » Thu Jan 07, 2016 10:49 pm

Stop over-reacting and click on the bar at the top of a vid and watch it fullscreen on youtube. That's what I always do. By clicking the vid's title (white text) it shoots you right to youtube. Is it really that hard? It's really not a problem that you can't watch vids fullscreen on forum posts since fullscreen is only one click away and it's not worth trying to make that happen.

bossedit8
Banned

Postby bossedit8 » Fri Jan 08, 2016 1:14 am

Why do you want to have a fullscreen based video player in your post like this? Just to waste even more space inside your posts and also to wait even longer to get things done? Yeah, @PixelPest is right onto that.

mechamind
Nipper Plant
Nipper Plant
Flair: You can set your mind to it!

Postby mechamind » Fri Jan 08, 2016 6:22 am

Not everyone wants to watch their videos in full screen. For those that do, there should be an icon that appears on the lower right of the video after clicking the Play button, and you don't even have to leave this site to enable fullscreen. I suppose it may depend on the browser, though.
Enjl wrote:
The Thwomp King wrote: Should I be offended or proud? XD hahaha
oh my god did you just ping everyone again
http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... 48&t=13185

Mechamind is on YouTube! - mechamind90 (or my alternate channel)
Setting up elsewhere too - http://www.mechamind.com (plus my forum)

The upper echelon of pixel art? (If you didn't know, I like these games too.)
Click for My DX-Ball 2 playlist or My Rival Ball playlist

Tango
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus

Postby Tango » Fri Jan 08, 2016 6:47 am

All these quotes describes my answer.

Also, the problem that YouTube videos doesn't play in fullscreen when played outside YouTube isn't forums fault, it's YouTube fault.

If you want it to change, contact YouTube team.

Mable
Peach
Peach

Postby Mable » Fri Jan 08, 2016 7:19 am

lol yeah let's make them fullscreen and have even longer loading times.

Neoflash
Swooper
Swooper

Postby Neoflash » Fri Jan 08, 2016 3:55 pm

Miles Troopa wrote:All these quotes describes my answer.

Also, the problem that YouTube videos doesn't play in fullscreen when played outside YouTube isn't forums fault, it's YouTube fault.

If you want it to change, contact YouTube team.
Then how come it does on 30 billion other websites?
Let's change the world.

Neoflash
Swooper
Swooper

Postby Neoflash » Fri Jan 08, 2016 3:57 pm

bossedit8 wrote:Why do you want to have a fullscreen based video player in your post like this? Just to waste even more space inside your posts and also to wait even longer to get things done? Yeah, @PixelPest is right onto that.
I can't even believe this comment. How would it waste more space in a post if you just make it so the fullscreen button isn't grayed out? Is there something I'm missing here?
Let's change the world.

Neoflash
Swooper
Swooper

Postby Neoflash » Fri Jan 08, 2016 3:59 pm

mechamind wrote:Not everyone wants to watch their videos in full screen. For those that do, there should be an icon that appears on the lower right of the video after clicking the Play button, and you don't even have to leave this site to enable fullscreen. I suppose it may depend on the browser, though.
The button is grayed out. That's my problem here. It would be nice if we could just... *ehm ehm*, CLICK the button. But I guess that would be too convenient and that's obviously something they're not going for when it comes to this website.
Let's change the world.

Neoflash
Swooper
Swooper

Postby Neoflash » Fri Jan 08, 2016 4:00 pm

PixelPest wrote:Stop over-reacting and click on the bar at the top of a vid and watch it fullscreen on youtube. That's what I always do. By clicking the vid's title (white text) it shoots you right to youtube. Is it really that hard? It's really not a problem that you can't watch vids fullscreen on forum posts since fullscreen is only one click away and it's not worth trying to make that happen.
I shouldn't have to wait centuries for another website to load all because they're too lazy to let us click the button. Seriously, how hard can it be?! Is there something I'm missing here?
Let's change the world.

Shadow Yoshi
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Postby Shadow Yoshi » Fri Jan 08, 2016 4:13 pm

First of all, use the edit button instead of posting four times in a row.

I don't know why fullscreen is disabled nor could I figure out how to fix it, but I do know that I'm about done with your tone and the way you're making your points. Stop acting like this is such a huge inconvenience and stop calling us lazy.

PixelPest
Link
Link
Flair: Tamer of Boom Booms

Postby PixelPest » Fri Jan 08, 2016 4:18 pm

Yes. You're missing quite a few things. You make the idea of "letting us click the button" a lot easier than it would likely be to implement that. It's nothing we can do here. You'd need to contact youtube, php forums, or likely both. Anyway, as Tinkerbell mentioned, it would take longer to load levels fullscreen on these forums than it would on youtube. Even on my mobile phone it takes a matter of seconds to get a video to load in youtube after clicking the link. You either need to seriously consider getting some patience and possibly find a better wi-fi router if it's such an issue. Or just settle for videos not in fullscreen mode.
EDIT: And as Joey said, you should really fix your attitude if you're looking for help and not just trying to be an annoyance.
Last edited by PixelPest on Fri Jan 08, 2016 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Neoflash
Swooper
Swooper

Postby Neoflash » Fri Jan 08, 2016 4:19 pm

Joey wrote:First of all, use the edit button instead of posting four times in a row.

I don't know why fullscreen is disabled nor could I figure out how to fix it, but I do know that I'm about done with your tone and the way you're making your points. Stop acting like this is such a huge inconvenience and stop calling us lazy.
Well that's all you had to say. If you don't know how to fix it, then don't even worry about it. I'm just posting my rants and complaints. Doesn't mean you HAVE to listen to them.
Let's change the world.

Aero
Administrator

Postby Aero » Fri Jan 08, 2016 4:24 pm

Shadow Yoshi
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Postby Shadow Yoshi » Fri Jan 08, 2016 4:25 pm

Neoflash wrote:Well that's all you had to say. If you don't know how to fix it, then don't even worry about it. I'm just posting my rants and complaints. Doesn't mean you HAVE to listen to them.
That doesn't excuse the disrespectful tone you have when posting, which needs to stop.

Neoflash
Swooper
Swooper

Postby Neoflash » Fri Jan 08, 2016 4:26 pm

PixelPest wrote:Yes. You're missing quite a few things. You make the idea of "letting us click the button" a lot easier than it would likely be to implement that. It's nothing we can do here. You'd need to contact youtube, php forums, or likely both. Anyway, as Tinkerbell mentioned, it would take longer to load levels fullscreen on these forums than it would on youtube. Even on my mobile phone it takes a matter of seconds to get a video to load in youtube after clicking the link. You either need to seriously consider getting some patience and possibly find a better wi-fi router if it's such an issue. Or just settle for videos not in fullscreen mode.
EDIT: And as Joey said, you should really fix your attitude if you're looking for help and not just trying to be an annoyance.
I'm not trying to be an annoyance. I don't work on PHP websites. I just giving my complaints from my point of view. If you can't fix it, then don't worry about it.
Let's change the world.

Neoflash
Swooper
Swooper

Postby Neoflash » Fri Jan 08, 2016 4:40 pm

Joey wrote:
Neoflash wrote:Well that's all you had to say. If you don't know how to fix it, then don't even worry about it. I'm just posting my rants and complaints. Doesn't mean you HAVE to listen to them.
That doesn't excuse the disrespectful tone you have when posting, which needs to stop.
Fine I'll be a little less rude.
Let's change the world.

Snowburger
Ripper II
Ripper II

Postby Snowburger » Sun Jan 10, 2016 6:13 am

Neoflash wrote:
PixelPest wrote:Stop over-reacting and click on the bar at the top of a vid and watch it fullscreen on youtube. That's what I always do. By clicking the vid's title (white text) it shoots you right to youtube. Is it really that hard? It's really not a problem that you can't watch vids fullscreen on forum posts since fullscreen is only one click away and it's not worth trying to make that happen.
I shouldn't have to wait centuries for another website to load all because they're too lazy to let us click the button. Seriously, how hard can it be?! Is there something I'm missing here?
Please shut up.Just shut up.It's not Joey's or anyone else's fault that you can't enter fullscreen in Youtube videos here.Just click on the "Youtube" icon and there you have it,all the fullscreen you could ever want.If you're gonna continue with this attitude,I don't think any of us are gonna have a good time whilst you're around.
Also,
Neoflash wrote:Fine I'll be a little less rude.
How about not being rude at all?
Insert IRC quotes here.
Previously know as Snowburger

I support:

Neoflash
Swooper
Swooper

Postby Neoflash » Sun Jan 10, 2016 12:34 pm

Swinder wrote:
Neoflash wrote:
Please shut up.Just shut up.It's not Joey's or anyone else's fault that you can't enter fullscreen in Youtube videos here.Just click on the "Youtube" icon and there you have it,all the fullscreen you could ever want.If you're gonna continue with this attitude,I don't think any of us are gonna have a good time whilst you're around.
Also,
I get it. I'll stop being rude. I just wanted stuff to be fixed. How was I supposed to know that he couldn't fix the video player? I don't work on websites like this.
Let's change the world.

Snowburger
Ripper II
Ripper II

Postby Snowburger » Sun Jan 10, 2016 1:06 pm

Neoflash wrote:
Swinder wrote:
Neoflash wrote:
Also,
I get it. I'll stop being rude. I just wanted stuff to be fixed. How was I supposed to know that he couldn't fix the video player? I don't work on websites like this.
You just could've been calmer in the first place.And the first reply was literally someone telling you it wasn't possible,yet you continued to be rude.
Insert IRC quotes here.
Previously know as Snowburger

I support:

Return to “SuperMarioBrosX.org”