I'd like to say something about the state of the Level Judges.

For topics related to SuperMarioBrosX.org. Suggest anything that you would like to see on the site here.
Aero
Palom
Palom
Flair: Pirate economy
Chat Username: aero

Re: I'd like to say something about the state of the Level Judges.

Postby Aero » Mon Jun 13, 2016 4:43 pm

Yes. It's more artificial busy work than actual moderation. PixelPest, you're just making things up as you go with these newfound moderator powers that never were in place, throwing around assertions that polling data is wrong, and everything that contradicts Valtteri's opinions is wrong. It just makes it look like you're sucking up when you can't give valid arguments against anyone who is challenging you.

Zeldamaster12
Cid
Cid
Flair: stop looking at my flair dangit
Chat Username: Zeldamaster12

Postby Zeldamaster12 » Mon Jun 13, 2016 4:44 pm

PixelPest, times have changed yeah, but the whole concept of LJs have stayed the same. About your point about GMs being less active, there's something called a Moderator Control Panel. Just because we don't post every day doesn't mean we're not active. LJs have the power to view the MCP so they can stay on top of things like threads without screenshots, broken download links, and people not being constructive. Your power doesn't go anywhere beyond that.

PixelPest
Link
Link
Flair: Tamer of Boom Booms
Current Project: Boom Boom Evolution
Chat Username: PixelPest

Postby PixelPest » Mon Jun 13, 2016 4:49 pm

Enjl wrote:
PixelPest wrote:On the Board Index, it also states that the moderator of Levels, Projects, and Episodes are LJs
Level judges have "moderating power" over these specific forums.
Moderating power means: Power to move, delete and lock topics and posts. It does not affect the position of power beyond that.

Nowhere else is any actual power of level judges implied. Even the group name goes against the idea. The reason global moderators are "less active" in the forums moderated by level judges is that level judges constantly butt in because they also get the reports.

By removing the requirement to move levels and leaving locking to the gmods we can get rid of this delusion.
But if Level Judges are already taking care of it why worry about it? There's no need to take away Mod privileges from LJs since with these privileges, issues in the Levels, Projects, and Episodes forums can be solved quicker and the GMs can take care of other issues including the ones in the other forums, as well as spam and User bans. People need to accept change. Yes, LJs may not have been intended to do all of this stuff to begin with, but now this is where the group has moved and if anything, it's for the better.
Zeldamaster12 wrote:PixelPest, times have changed yeah, but the whole concept of LJs have stayed the same. About your point about GMs being less active, there's something called a Moderator Control Panel. Just because we don't post every day doesn't mean we're not active. LJs have the power to view the MCP so they can stay on top of things like threads without screenshots, broken download links, and people not being constructive. Your power doesn't go anywhere beyond that.
I'm totally aware of that. I'm advocating for that since people seem to want to take that away, but no more than that

HeroOfRhyme
Kamikaze Koopa
Kamikaze Koopa

Postby HeroOfRhyme » Mon Jun 13, 2016 4:52 pm

Enjl wrote:
PixelPest wrote:On the Board Index, it also states that the moderator of Levels, Projects, and Episodes are LJs
Level judges have "moderating power" over these specific forums.
Moderating power means: Power to move, delete and lock topics and posts. It does not affect the position of power beyond that.

Nowhere else is any actual power of level judges implied. Even the group name goes against the idea. The reason global moderators are "less active" in the forums moderated by level judges is that level judges constantly butt in because they also get the reports.

By removing the requirement to move levels and leaving locking to the gmods we can get rid of this delusion.
Enjl basically responded to you for me so yeah, I take it youre none too familiar with your own position are you?
[08:20:23] <SleepyKitty> AeroMatter, typing /ignore *!*@* will let you block curtain people CTCP'ing you
[08:20:32] <SleepyKitty> so for an example
[08:20:36] <Marinite> curtain
[08:20:40] <Apex> curtain
[08:20:43] <AeroMatter> curtain

Hi Yuki

Aero
Palom
Palom

Postby Aero » Mon Jun 13, 2016 4:53 pm

You're the only one who is saying this when there has been no precedent where it's been okay to pretend to moderate as an LJ. A former mod (me), a former LJ (RezsurXion), an active mod (ZM), and an active LJ (Enjl) all seem to contradict what you're asserting without backup. This the exact attitude that makes it impossible for any improvement to come out of discussion threads like this, when the losing side flashes their perceived powers and ignores everyone.

Zeldamaster12
Cid
Cid

Postby Zeldamaster12 » Mon Jun 13, 2016 4:56 pm

PixelPest wrote:Yes, LJs may not have been intended to do all of this stuff to begin with, but now this is where the group has moved and if anything, it's for the better.
You're the only one who believes this. Even a current LJ told you you're wrong.

PixelPest
Link
Link

Postby PixelPest » Mon Jun 13, 2016 4:59 pm

AeroMatter wrote:You're the only one who is saying this when there has been no precedent where it's been okay to pretend to moderate as an LJ.
As Zeldamaster12 stated and I agreed, my idea of moderating as an LJ goes no farther than locking, moving, and maintaining contructive posting habits in the Levels, Projects, and Episodes forums

Aero
Palom
Palom

Postby Aero » Mon Jun 13, 2016 5:00 pm

In practice you moderate double posts, get on to people for not making "constructive" posts, and get on to people about bumping. Are you even reading what is being said?

PixelPest
Link
Link

Postby PixelPest » Mon Jun 13, 2016 5:11 pm

AeroMatter wrote:In practice you moderate double posts, get on to people for not making "constructive" posts, and get on to people about bumping. Are you even reading what is being said?
Zeldamaster12 wrote:LJs have the power to view the MCP so they can stay on top of things like threads without screenshots, broken download links, and people not being constructive. Your power doesn't go anywhere beyond that.
I'd consider Bumping and Double-Posting unconstructive posting habits

HeroLinik
Cyan Yoshi Egg
Cyan Yoshi Egg
Current Project: Stupid university assignments :/
Chat Username: Look below my avatar

Postby HeroLinik » Mon Jun 13, 2016 5:16 pm

AeroMatter wrote:In practice you moderate double posts, get on to people for not making "constructive" posts, and get on to people about bumping. Are you even reading what is being said?
Also, locking topics due to lack of screenshots or D-links.
I support: show
Lol, you got trolled. Move along, if you please.
Check out my content on YouTube! // Don't forget to check out my project as well!

Zeldamaster12
Cid
Cid

Postby Zeldamaster12 » Mon Jun 13, 2016 5:17 pm

By constructive, you're telling people not to say things like "Nice level!", one word posts, and things like that. Double posting and bumping are out of your jurisdiction, that's up to the mods.

PixelPest
Link
Link

Postby PixelPest » Mon Jun 13, 2016 5:22 pm

Zeldamaster12 wrote:By constructive, you're telling people not to say things like "Nice level!", one word posts, and things like that. Double posting and bumping are out of your jurisdiction, that's up to the mods.
What's the harm in LJs doing that? It's not like it's a hard thing to do and people listen

Aero
Palom
Palom

Postby Aero » Mon Jun 13, 2016 5:23 pm

It's not your role.
You should be reviewing instead of backseat moderating.
It's the GMs job and they're the ones who decide what to do.

Zeldamaster12
Cid
Cid

Postby Zeldamaster12 » Mon Jun 13, 2016 5:23 pm

It's not in your power. That is backseat moderating. Leave things like that to the mods and do what you are assigned to do and nothing else.

Nien
Boom Boom
Boom Boom

Postby Nien » Mon Jun 13, 2016 5:29 pm

Zeldamaster12 wrote:It's not in your power. That is backseat moderating. Leave things like that to the mods and do what you are assigned to do and nothing else.
buT HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO save THE SMBX COMMUNITY IF I DON'T USE EVERY RESOURCE TO bring JUSTICE TO THE Forum

Valtteri
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa

Postby Valtteri » Mon Jun 13, 2016 5:55 pm

Where are you guys getting that the level judges aren't allowed to deal with double posts and bumps on the level forums? If they can deal with posts breaking the other rules why not those two that aren't at all different? PixelPest has done nothing outside of his role. If this nonsense arguing is what this topic is going to be then I might as well archive it.

Aero
Palom
Palom

Postby Aero » Mon Jun 13, 2016 5:57 pm

There it is. Not defending your position, flashing your rank, and shutting down discussion.

Valtteri
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa

Postby Valtteri » Mon Jun 13, 2016 5:59 pm

There it is. The classic "not defending your position" when I very clearly was.

Aero
Palom
Palom

Postby Aero » Mon Jun 13, 2016 6:01 pm

Honestly I'll just let your posts speak for themselves. They say more than I could about the utter incompetence and irresponsibility going on.

HeroOfRhyme
Kamikaze Koopa
Kamikaze Koopa

Postby HeroOfRhyme » Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:47 pm

Valtteri I dont know who youre trying to fool but when I was LJ and you were actually one of the nicer admins here you told me yourself that LJs, and so did joey actually, are not allowed to do any moderating that a gm would normally do, LJs are for the sole purpose of making sure levels get reviewed and episodes and such stay active.

Furthermore there was a system in place that an LJ must review at least one level per week and post the link to it in the thread in the LJ forum. Failure to do so eventually ended up in demotion and if Im not mistaken there have been a ton less reviews and I hardly see any LJs doing their job and reviewing a level every week.

Its as if you "own" the position yet you do nothing productive to better it for the future.
[08:20:23] <SleepyKitty> AeroMatter, typing /ignore *!*@* will let you block curtain people CTCP'ing you
[08:20:32] <SleepyKitty> so for an example
[08:20:36] <Marinite> curtain
[08:20:40] <Apex> curtain
[08:20:43] <AeroMatter> curtain

Hi Yuki

Return to “SuperMarioBrosX.org”