A legitimate request towards the staff

For topics related to SuperMarioBrosX.org. Suggest anything that you would like to see on the site here.
Zeldamaster12
Cid
Cid
Flair: stop looking at my flair dangit
Chat Username: Zeldamaster12

Re: A legitimate request towards the staff

Postby Zeldamaster12 » Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:22 pm

PixelPest wrote:are you really in a place to be requesting that or even worry about it to begin with?
Are you really in a place where you can tell him what he can and can't request?

The users are the ones being moderated. They have every right to be concerned about the staff imo.

Pseudo
Peach
Peach
Current Project: ???

Postby Pseudo » Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:23 pm

Why are these things unreasonable to you, PixelPest? It doesn't seem fair to me for you to just write AeroMatter's theoretical solutions off as unreasonable just because they significantly change the status quo. He provided theoretical solutions that would be very much possible to implement, if improbable, and it doesn't seem like you're giving them a fair chance (and reasonability is entirely subjective in this case).
its ya girl pseudo and im back on a provisional basis

"sterydy Behemoth expiable novae iconically night owl ticklish turbocharger bactrian riveting . Solidus quits frothy managua scrimper shadowy enthusiastically rearrangement curviness matronliness pinyin piroshki gradual hysterically locker room versed . Horrendous unicorn transnational parka lasso very forbiddingly laborsaving cochabamba hair-raising floozy philter transnational ."
- a spam account 2016

CynicHost
Level Reviewer
Level Reviewer
Flair: heck

Postby CynicHost » Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:30 pm

Pseudo-dino wrote:Why are these things unreasonable to you, PixelPest? It doesn't seem fair to me for you to just write AeroMatter's theoretical solutions off as unreasonable just because they significantly change the status quo. He provided theoretical solutions that would be very much possible to implement, if improbable, and it doesn't seem like you're giving them a fair chance (and reasonability is entirely subjective in this case).
There we go. Now we're getting somewhere.

Yoshi021
Gold Yoshi Egg
Gold Yoshi Egg

Postby Yoshi021 » Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:31 pm

PixelPest wrote: Posting all levels in one thread. Very, very, very unreasonable
I can see the idea of everyone having one thread for themselves work well and removing flaws with the current system that have been mentioned before.

Links: show
ImageImageImage
"Going to University is FUN!"

Aero
Palom
Palom
Flair: Pirate economy
Chat Username: aero

Postby Aero » Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:33 pm

Yeah, it works just fine for the Art forum.

PixelPest
Link
Link
Flair: Tamer of Boom Booms
Current Project: Boom Boom Evolution
Chat Username: PixelPest

Postby PixelPest » Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:35 pm

Zeldamaster12 wrote:
PixelPest wrote:are you really in a place to be requesting that or even worry about it to begin with?
Are you really in a place where you can tell him what he can and can't request?

The users are the ones being moderated. They have every right to be concerned about the staff imo.
But as Joey said earlier, they shouldn't be even suggesting or requesting the demotion of users. I knew I would get this kind of reply and I do agree with you to an extent that users should be concerned about the staff, but in my opinion, there's boundaries and AeroMatter crossed one.
Pseudo-dino wrote:Why are these things unreasonable to you, PixelPest? It doesn't seem fair to me for you to just write AeroMatter's theoretical solutions off as unreasonable just because they significantly change the status quo. He provided theoretical solutions that would be very much possible to implement, if improbable, and it doesn't seem like you're giving them a fair chance (and reasonability is entirely subjective in this case).
The changes that AeroMatter proposed are way too drastic as a starting point. If change wants to be achieved, it needs to start with much smaller things or else people like me come along and state that those ideas change the system so much that a sudden change like that would be way too rattling for a community that has settled under these standards for a very long while. Some of those ideas such as scrapping the Level Judges group and putting all levels into one thread would result in unwanted side effects. Global Moderators and Admins don't have to focus on the Levels, Projects, and Episodes forum right now, which gives them more opportunities to resolve conflicts with specific users or manage activity elsewhere. There have already been complaints about their activity, so this wouldn't likely make anything better. All levels in a single thread would create even more chaos; it would be hard to moderate, posts would get buried so much faster, etc.

Aero
Palom
Palom

Postby Aero » Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:38 pm

That doesn't happen in the Art forum at all. The only thing that would happen is a useless group would be scrapped, and activity would pick up.

CynicHost
Level Reviewer
Level Reviewer
Flair: heck

Postby CynicHost » Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:39 pm

AeroMatter wrote:That doesn't happen in the Art forum at all. The only thing that would happen is a useless group would be scrapped, and activity would pick up.
he's just mad cuz he'd lose his position
i'm so sorry

PixelPest
Link
Link

Postby PixelPest » Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:41 pm

AeroMatter wrote:That doesn't happen in the Art forum at all. The only thing that would happen is a useless group would be scrapped, and activity would pick up.
Useless? As I mentioned above, Level Judges also moderate three forums that the Global Moderators and Admins don't overly have to worry about, which frees up more time as well.

Things in the WIP Graphics Showcase get buried even quicker than levels. They also don't have major requirements that would need to be enforced, such as working download links, etc.

Aero
Palom
Palom

Postby Aero » Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:53 pm

Why don't you review as much as you defend?

PixelPest
Link
Link

Postby PixelPest » Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:56 pm

AeroMatter wrote:Why don't you review as much as you defend?
I've explained it before but I'll explain it again: I do most of my posting here from my cell phone. I've also been doing other things lately that have occupied my time. I have a free week of summer break next week, so I'll likely do some more reviewing then. Maybe even tomorrow

Aero
Palom
Palom

Postby Aero » Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:57 pm

You have a desktop, and plenty of time to post in these threads almost daily.

Egg
Pokey
Pokey

Postby Egg » Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:00 pm

Why keeping the level judge position is so important to some of you if you don't want to review shit. It's just a fucking color, are you trying to compensate for something? Step your marios up man we got bigger issues than that.

I believe in Super Mario as my Lord and Savior. If you do, put this in your signature.

PixelPest
Link
Link

Postby PixelPest » Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:02 pm

AeroMatter wrote:You have a desktop, and plenty of time to post in these threads almost daily.
I have it, but I don't always have access to it or feel like reviewing. I have a life in SMBX outside of level judging and a life outside of SMBX completely, both of which I'd like to be able to live whenever I want to. I want to help out with a job not a lot of people do when I can but in all honesty: I'm not going to go out of my way to do it. I want to enjoy my summer and I want to enjoy playing SMBX

Egg
Pokey
Pokey

Postby Egg » Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:05 pm

PixelPest wrote:a life outside of SMBX completely
You've been arguing in this thread for about 3 hours

I believe in Super Mario as my Lord and Savior. If you do, put this in your signature.

Aero
Palom
Palom

Postby Aero » Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:09 pm

Now that we're down to the Valtteri-tier "I don't feel like doing that" argument, I think I'm done here. Point proven.

Ace

Postby Ace » Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:09 pm

PixelPest wrote:
AeroMatter wrote:You have a desktop, and plenty of time to post in these threads almost daily.
I have a life in SMBX outside of level judging and a life outside of SMBX completely, both of which I'd like to be able to live whenever I want to.
Are you sure about that?
PixelPest wrote:Level Judges also moderate three forums that the Global Moderators and Admins don't overly have to worry about, which frees up more time as well.
Just because you have permissions to move and delete levels in the level forums, it doesn't make you a moderator. You're given these permission mainly so you can move levels after you've reviewed them, or lock levels that can't be played. You're not even part of the staff, so I wish you'd stop acting like a stuck up prick.

Nien
Boom Boom
Boom Boom

Postby Nien » Thu Jul 28, 2016 3:28 am

PixelPest wrote:
I have it, but I don't always have access to it or feel like reviewing. I have a life in SMBX outside of level judging and a life outside of SMBX completely, both of which I'd like to be able to live whenever I want to.
The statement "I have a life" is always false. If you actually had more important things to do, you wouldn't be on a constant lookout to defend the staff for countless hours.

And don't bring me that shit about "i'm on the phone". Unless all you do outside is sit on a chair and type shitstorms on your phone without pauses, i'm sure that there's other things you could do.

underFlo
Mario
Mario
Flair: sup im lesbiab
Current Project: actually nothing i lied to you
Chat Username: underFlo

Postby underFlo » Thu Jul 28, 2016 9:22 am

So, while I'm not opposed to the idea of having one personal thread for each designer, there's one concern I have with it:An over-reliance on popularity. With traditional rating systems gone, the threads by popular designers will get way more popular. With there being rating systems right now, I think it kinda helps because the rating also plays into it, but with those gone, I'm afraid that unknown designers won't get noticed. Maybe have a small group of people decide on a designer to feature every month or so whose thread will get stickied for that duration, especially to put spotlight on unknown designers?
im a girl yo

Valtteri
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa

Postby Valtteri » Thu Jul 28, 2016 10:12 am

Ace wrote:stuck up prick
Calm it.

Return to “SuperMarioBrosX.org”