Want me as a mod?

For topics related to SuperMarioBrosX.org. Suggest anything that you would like to see on the site here.

DM mod? (This has no bearing on my decision. It's just to amuse you guys.)

Poll ended at Sun Aug 10, 2014 1:50 pm

OMG YES.
20%
Sure.
43%
No.
9%
Hell no.
17%
I don't want any part in this.
2%
Live and let die.
9%

Total votes: 46
DarkMatt
Banned

Want me as a mod?

Postby DarkMatt » Sat Aug 09, 2014 1:50 pm

Okay, I've settled in long enough and had enough fun. I can put on some formal clothes and start actually working to help this community.

Seeing as how 5030% still hates me, I want you, the community, to seriously consider the possibility that I might take up moderating the forum again. If I did not care about you guys, I would have that green username already.

And now, lemme explain to you why I have went years going "Yeah. I'm a terrible mod." to "I can do this.":

-This community is really shaping up. Sure, it's still going through turbulence every now and then with the whinier of the users not getting what they want but I would say we're improving the overall quality of our userbase. This is going to make me smile a lot more when dealing with problems. That and the several years of not having to resolve disputes has given me a better outlook on you guys. I'll definitely be a lot more tolerant on crap you do that's not against the rules, just don't expect me to never show up drunk every now and then.

-I am very proactive with moderating the forum and everybody who has seen me moderate will attest to that. If you are thinking things like, "Why ain't this thread locked?" or "Man I wish a mod was around to settle this." then I'm your man. I wouldn't lock topics or shush people unless it's REALLY counterproductive.

-Fucking what can you kids do to make me frown nowadays? I've seen it all. I might still be blunt with how childish I think you are but unless you start throwing temper tantrums as a result I won't punish you. You can rest easy knowing I will not be on your case, that is, unless you break the rules and generally make threads shittier than they have to be.
Please post in this thread explaining why you think I would/wouldn't be a benefit to this community. It's up to you to finalize this decision, and this isn't a vote, this is a debate. And the power isn't in your hands, it's in mine. Convince ME (and the rest of the staff probs) why you think your stance is the correct one.
Oh, and I'll largetext this because I would see this as grounds for me to mod up and deal with it:
KEEP IT CIVIL. OH MY GOD IF YOU START THROWING PUNCHES AND WHINING ABOUT THIS COMMUNITY YOU ARE GOING TO GET THE MOST SEVERE DIRTY LOOKS FROM ME AND YOUR PEERS.

Someone should dig up that speech I did for the mod election. That still holds true.
[center]From illusion to truth. From darkness to light. From doom to eternity.[/center]

TLtimelord
Red Yoshi Egg
Red Yoshi Egg
Flair: Info under raps
Current Project: A quirky lil episode
Chat Username: Augustus

Re: Want me as a mod?

Postby TLtimelord » Sat Aug 09, 2014 2:00 pm

I'd like to see a moderator that is also a good leader for a change, not just good with forum modding tools. I'd also like to see someone who could easily cooperate with even the whiniest users.

I do think you fit in all of that and I do think you'd end up being a really good moderator.
In an age of darkness light appears
And it wards away the ancient fears
March to the anthem of the heart
To a brand new day, a brand new start

FanofSMBX
Bowser
Bowser

Postby FanofSMBX » Sat Aug 09, 2014 2:03 pm

I don't think DarkMatt would be a very good choice. He almost never uses "if you can't say something nice dont say anything at all" idea.

I believe in Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. If you do, put this in your signature.
My graphics pack!
Supporting forums:

Spoiler: show
SMBX Galaxy forum by Pivot40Channel
http://smbxgalaxy.prophpbb.com/
Come to the SMBX+ forums by illias3000. There is a whole forum category dedicated to the boss rush series with official rushes, submit bosses, and fan boss rushes! It is still open but AirSeus Forums is now open:
http://nsmbx.prophpbb.com/
AirSeus Forums the new home of the Boss Rush series:
http://smbxairseusforums.prophpbb.com/
Spoiler: show
First to discover:
Spark
Eerie
Grinder
Rainbow Shell
Birdo
Boom Boom
KINGBOWSER112 RULES!

Aero
Palom
Palom
Flair: Pirate economy
Chat Username: aero

Postby Aero » Sat Aug 09, 2014 2:04 pm

I voted "Sure."

I'm still concerned with the general reaction, but I think it'd be better to have your extra help around.

Shadow Yoshi
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Postby Shadow Yoshi » Sat Aug 09, 2014 2:06 pm

I think that you would be a really good addition to the team if you filtered about 10% of the things you say just so that they're less outwardly offensive.

Raster
Banned
Current Project: The Invasion 3

Postby Raster » Sat Aug 09, 2014 2:33 pm

Yeah, since I'm the one who encouraged you to apply for mod I'm going to vote "Sure".

(this topic is also something that wasn't necessary)

MistakesWereMade
Boom Boom
Boom Boom

Postby MistakesWereMade » Sat Aug 09, 2014 2:34 pm

last time i read a post from you saying "keep it civil" it was after flaming people for giving you their critiscism AFTER you asked for it

I actually wouldn't mind having you as a mod, you seem like a pretty cool dude

Bomber57
Red Yoshi Egg
Red Yoshi Egg

Postby Bomber57 » Sat Aug 09, 2014 2:36 pm

I would be pretty happy to see you as mod as long as you are the batman who hangs out with the good members all chill.
Living explosives, prone to destroying themselves along with their enemies with their powerful "Self-Destruct." Bombs take the rage built up by being attacked and transform it into energy. This, in turn, makes them grow, sometimes to incredible sizes.

<Joey> you want a dickpic
<pixels> this forum has enough keys to solve SMW twenty times over

DarkMatt
Banned

Postby DarkMatt » Sat Aug 09, 2014 2:37 pm

Raster wrote:Yeah, since I'm the one who encouraged you to apply for mod I'm going to vote "Sure".

(this topic is also something that wasn't necessary)
Well I'd rather have the fireworks go off before I'm mod, not after.

Much more tamer. Softens the blows.
Bomber57 wrote:I would be pretty happy to see you as mod as long as you are the batman who hangs out with the good members all chill.
And don't worry I'll find a way to kill every last one of them.
[center]From illusion to truth. From darkness to light. From doom to eternity.[/center]

silent_
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa
Current Project: something

Postby silent_ » Sat Aug 09, 2014 2:40 pm

I really don't know you that much, but based off of your reputation and funniness, you seem alright, but I still voted "no" on the poll, because I don't think you're fit for the job. You're just too rude sometimes, I'll be honest.
previously known as Kep

Raster
Banned

Postby Raster » Sat Aug 09, 2014 2:42 pm

You gotta be less condescending.

DarkMatt
Banned

Postby DarkMatt » Sat Aug 09, 2014 2:44 pm

Kep wrote:I really don't know you that much, but based off of your reputation and funniness, you seem alright, but I still voted "no" on the poll, because I don't think you're fit for the job. You're just too rude sometimes, I'll be honest.
Being a mod would be a good way to fix that. But if you're talking about how I don't take no guff, then, you're out of luck. I can refrain from being meaner than I have to, but I've always been the sort of guy who takes the blunt approach to getting things done. Some people like getting patted on the head, and well, some people won't listen if you do that. Just the guy I am.

Then again I'm still wondering how devoted I'll actually be to the job, so who knows, you might be able to breathe easy and you'll only have to not go out at night.
Raster wrote:You gotta be less condescending.
I generally don't think of people as below me, if at all. (My tone sure does imply that though.) If people made the effort to improve, then by all means, I'll smile at them and we'll go out for some frosty chocolate milkshakes. Thing is though I don't believe in docile enforcement of the rules in only the most blatant of circumstances to be effective moderating. I mean, I can be all "Hey guys stop it" instead of "You guys are dumb stop it" but I feel I'm always going to come off as the grown-up.

This is all horrible i dunno why im even talking

MistakesWereMade
Boom Boom
Boom Boom

Postby MistakesWereMade » Sat Aug 09, 2014 2:56 pm

What's your stance on racial slurs?

DarkMatt
Banned

Postby DarkMatt » Sat Aug 09, 2014 2:59 pm

Used as a joke? Oh, who cares?
Used as an insult? No.

That's what I have the dial on, but that's easily changable.

MistakesWereMade
Boom Boom
Boom Boom

Postby MistakesWereMade » Sat Aug 09, 2014 3:00 pm

DarkMatt wrote:Used as a joke? Oh, who cares?
Changing vote to "OMG YES" then

Radishl
Banned
Current Project: Super Mario Hero

Postby Radishl » Sat Aug 09, 2014 3:03 pm

Hell no.

I don't think you would make a good mod, I don't ever want to see you in that position IMO.

DarkMatt wrote:Go sob on 8bit's shoulder.

And you'll want to tell people who can help about this, not us.
Last edited by Radishl on Sat Aug 09, 2014 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Raster
Banned

Postby Raster » Sat Aug 09, 2014 3:03 pm

Radishl wrote:Hell no.

I don't think you would make a good mod, I don't ever want to see you in that position IMO.
Some reasoning would be nice.

Will the poll have any pertinence when Joey decides whether DarkMatt will be mod or not?

DarkMatt
Banned

Postby DarkMatt » Sat Aug 09, 2014 3:04 pm

I might wanna add in a third clause.

Basically, it all depends on whether or not it's offensive. So use at your own discretion.
Yeah every person that doesn't flesh out their no vote is another reason I should be mod. Laziness is not a valid excuse to say no. (Maybe in the no-bearing poll, but not in the thread.)
Don't think so. In fact, I didn't even talk about that with him. WHOOPS.

Aero
Palom
Palom
Flair: Pirate economy
Chat Username: aero

Postby Aero » Sat Aug 09, 2014 3:06 pm

Nien wrote:
DarkMatt wrote:Used as a joke? Oh, who cares?
Changing vote to "OMG YES" then
Glory, glory, blood and honor Nien. Glory, glory, blood and honor.
DarkMatt wrote:
Kep wrote:I really don't know you that much, but based off of your reputation and funniness, you seem alright, but I still voted "no" on the poll, because I don't think you're fit for the job. You're just too rude sometimes, I'll be honest.
Being a mod would be a good way to fix that. But if you're talking about how I don't take no guff, then, you're out of luck. I can refrain from being meaner than I have to, but I've always been the sort of guy who takes the blunt approach to getting things done. Some people like getting patted on the head, and well, some people won't listen if you do that. Just the guy I am.
To be fair there have been complaints about some of your posts, that don't really break the rules but are still a bit rude.

DarkMatt
Banned

Postby DarkMatt » Sat Aug 09, 2014 3:08 pm

GhostHawk wrote:To be fair there have been complaints about some of your posts, that don't really break the rules but are still a bit rude.
I'll be looking at my sleeve, see the "mod" tag on it, and go, "Oh I better stop doing that."

I wouldn't be so callous as to promise to stop but I would make every effort to improve on that. After all I'm staff, can't be badgering the customers around.

Return to “SuperMarioBrosX.org”