Want me as a mod?

For topics related to SuperMarioBrosX.org. Suggest anything that you would like to see on the site here.

DM mod? (This has no bearing on my decision. It's just to amuse you guys.)

Poll ended at Sun Aug 10, 2014 1:50 pm

OMG YES.
20%
Sure.
43%
No.
9%
Hell no.
17%
I don't want any part in this.
2%
Live and let die.
9%

Total votes: 46
Raster
Banned
Current Project: The Invasion 3

Re: Want me as a mod?

Postby Raster » Sat Aug 09, 2014 3:10 pm

DarkMatt wrote:Yeah every person that doesn't flesh out their no vote is another reason I should be mod. Laziness is not a valid excuse to say no. (Maybe in the no-bearing poll, but not in the thread.)
Maybe the ones who voted No simply agree with the points aforementioned.

Radishl
Banned
Current Project: Super Mario Hero

Postby Radishl » Sat Aug 09, 2014 3:12 pm

DarkMatt wrote:-I am very proactive with moderating the forum and everybody who has seen me moderate will attest to that.
isn't this basically back - seat moderating?

DarkMatt
Banned

Postby DarkMatt » Sat Aug 09, 2014 3:13 pm

I don't mind people voting no in the poll. Because as mentioned, I don't care about it.

I mind people posting "Yeah no DarkMatt's a butt."

Seriously people give a rat's ass.
I didn't mean what I've done as a user. I meant the times I have moderated.
Last edited by DarkMatt on Sat Aug 09, 2014 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[center]From illusion to truth. From darkness to light. From doom to eternity.[/center]

Radishl
Banned

Postby Radishl » Sat Aug 09, 2014 3:14 pm

DarkMatt wrote:I don't mind people voting no in the poll.

I mind people posting "Yeah no DarkMatt's a butt."

Seriously people give a rat's ass.
I didn't mean what I've done as a user. I meant the times I have moderated.
Radishl wrote:
DarkMatt wrote:-I am very proactive with moderating the forum and everybody who has seen me moderate will attest to that.
isn't this basically back - seat moderating?
Or we're you mod previously?

Who told you to moderate?

Raster
Banned

Postby Raster » Sat Aug 09, 2014 3:14 pm

He moderated the first SMBX forum but I wouldn't take that into consideration at all.

DarkMatt
Banned

Postby DarkMatt » Sat Aug 09, 2014 3:15 pm

Yes I've been mod previously. I've been in this community for 4 years. (And yes don't take those parts into consideration it's been years yo.)

A lot more than just Joey thought I was good mod material.

Even Knux at one point. Yes. That is a thing.
[center]From illusion to truth. From darkness to light. From doom to eternity.[/center]

Radishl
Banned

Postby Radishl » Sat Aug 09, 2014 3:18 pm

DarkMatt wrote:Yes I've been mod previously. I've been in this community for 4 years. (And yes don't take those parts into consideration it's been years yo.)

A lot more than just Joey thought I was good mod material.

Even Knux at one point. Yes. That is a thing.
I honestly don't want someone as condescending as you to become a mod.
If you get power I think there will be more drama.

Just my opinion and there's others that share the same view as I.

Edit: Also since the previous time you have moderated is irrelevant you should probably take that part out of the op.

Raster
Banned

Postby Raster » Sat Aug 09, 2014 3:20 pm

To those saying DarkMatt as a moderator will spark more drama: it won't change anything. The staff has already been attacked unreasonably and knowing some people in this community a single promotion won't change this or make it any worse. You can't please everyone.

DarkMatt
Banned

Postby DarkMatt » Sat Aug 09, 2014 3:23 pm

What Raster said.

In fact, if anything, there'll be less. At maximum, there'll be some fireworks of drama and then I will find and arrest the people who started it and then life will be back to normal. I'll just be around to quell the next round's drama.

And I am VERY good at cutting through the bullshit and getting to the root of the problem when I'm expected to. People might cry, sure, but when I'm asked to deal with drama, I deal with it from orbit.
In fact you know what: challenge for you naysayers. Try to vizualize this forum being worse than it already is.

I'll give like a high five to someone who does it well.

Radishl
Banned

Postby Radishl » Sat Aug 09, 2014 3:31 pm

DarkMatt wrote:What Raster said.

In fact, if anything, there'll be less. At maximum, there'll be some fireworks of drama and then I will find and arrest the people who started it and then life will be back to normal. I'll just be around to quell the next round's drama.

And I am VERY good at cutting through the bullshit and getting to the root of the problem when I'm expected to. People might cry, sure, but when I'm asked to deal with drama, I deal with it from orbit.
In fact you know what: challenge for you naysayers. Try to vizualize this forum being worse than it already is.

I'll give like a high five to someone who does it well.
That's extremely narcissistic to say that you would be able to make the drama less.
What, so the staff as it is can't do that?

How do we know that you will be able to do what you are claiming?
Know what, I'll change my vote to yes just to support you.

You're going to be mod anyways, the admins already think you are " mod " material. So it's not like what we say is going to make a difference. I will love to see how this goes.

DarkMatt
Banned

Postby DarkMatt » Sat Aug 09, 2014 3:35 pm

It's called confidence. Can't deny that I'm good at modding. Not that great at handling users, but I mod like a motherfather.

If I came off as saying I'm better than the staff, then I'll apologize for that, because I did not mean that at all. Also just put down live and let die.
Last edited by DarkMatt on Sat Aug 09, 2014 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ragont
Grinder
Grinder

Postby ragont » Sat Aug 09, 2014 3:39 pm

Radishl wrote: That's extremely narcissistic to say that you would be able to make the drama less.
What, so the staff as it is can't do that?
NOT REALLY LOL

why would you want to be a mod anyways though
i mean i don't really mind, but i'm curious as to where the motivation comes from

DarkMatt
Banned

Postby DarkMatt » Sat Aug 09, 2014 3:43 pm

It comes from the community, who believes in me. I want to do my part to help improve this community and well, most effective way I can do that is to mod up and dress up. Can't stop drama all that well when you're a peon, n all that.

In fact lemme just say this right now, I probably won't be a mod 5ever, and not because I will get myself fired, but because my day might go straight back to being too busy to consistently moderate a forum.

Fuyu
Wart
Wart
Current Project: Super Mario Fantasy
Chat Username: take a guess

Postby Fuyu » Sat Aug 09, 2014 3:54 pm

Honestly, my first reaction to when I saw this topic was "I don't give a fuck". But hey, seeing you so motivated is waking me up a little bit, so it might be good chance for me to dress up as well, even though my time will probably never come back, I've done more than enough anyway.

So, yeah, I'm voting "Sure" just to see if you can make me change. I'm sure as hell you won't even try to do it as well, because you have better things to do, and really, I have no fucking idea why I'm even saying this here, but who cares, this is a free world.

Either way, looking forward to see your doings being a Moderator.

TLtimelord
Red Yoshi Egg
Red Yoshi Egg
Flair: Info under raps
Current Project: A quirky lil episode
Chat Username: Augustus

Postby TLtimelord » Sat Aug 09, 2014 4:01 pm

DarkMatt wrote:
GhostHawk wrote:To be fair there have been complaints about some of your posts, that don't really break the rules but are still a bit rude.
I'll be looking at my sleeve, see the "mod" tag on it, and go, "Oh I better stop doing that."

I wouldn't be so callous as to promise to stop but I would make every effort to improve on that. After all I'm staff, can't be badgering the customers around.
I'm not sure how I feel about your repeated statements like this. It's like you're saying "oh I'm not going to improve myself UNTIL I'm mod."

If you're aware that you are rude, then you should work on that BEFORE you're mod, if you become one.
In an age of darkness light appears
And it wards away the ancient fears
March to the anthem of the heart
To a brand new day, a brand new start

DarkMatt
Banned

Postby DarkMatt » Sat Aug 09, 2014 4:02 pm

The past is the past and the future's the future.

Any guarantee I can give you is a liability.

I'm not the sort of person to give hope that can become false. I am just what I am.

Magna
Banned
Current Project: Soon to be announced! (When PGE releases an engine that is)

Postby Magna » Sat Aug 09, 2014 4:20 pm

Sure you have attitude but you would be a great mod! I voted the choice above "Sure".
Join this great chill forum here: http://forums.krazynet.net

DarkMatt
Banned

Postby DarkMatt » Sat Aug 09, 2014 4:32 pm

i will be the power ranger

(dibs on green)

Ignoritus
Lakitu
Lakitu

Postby Ignoritus » Sat Aug 09, 2014 5:08 pm

FanofSMBX wrote:I don't think DarkMatt would be a very good choice. He almost never uses "if you can't say something nice dont say anything at all" idea.
There's such a thing as not just denying the truth when it's not positive. DarkMatt might be rude about it at times, but I've seen countless problems caused because people simply choose to deny truths that don't please them. It might not always be nice, but oftentimes things that aren't nice need to be said.
"Like i cna barley even read half.of what is going on"

Namyrr
Mega Mole
Mega Mole

Postby Namyrr » Sat Aug 09, 2014 9:06 pm

I think you'll be a far better mod than I was. Voting yes.

Return to “SuperMarioBrosX.org”