Site Discussion Thread

For topics related to SuperMarioBrosX.org. Suggest anything that you would like to see on the site here.
Shadow Yoshi
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Re: Site Discussion Thread

Postby Shadow Yoshi » Mon Nov 09, 2015 2:05 pm

why does it matter

Mable
Peach
Peach
Current Project: Account soon to be deleted
Chat Username: Account soon to be d

Postby Mable » Mon Nov 09, 2015 2:12 pm

Joey wrote:why does it matter
Bc it's spooky turtle.

TLtimelord
Red Yoshi Egg
Red Yoshi Egg

Postby TLtimelord » Mon Nov 09, 2015 11:32 pm

I'm sure you'd prefer to not be at all like the admin Knux. Well back in like 2011, Ace was inactive and he was mod for months on end and when I pushed him to demote him, he gave me the excuse "well he's a cool guy"

I'm going to hope you wouldn't even consider giving us that same excuse. Then again, keeping m4sterbr0s as mod won't do any harm, but it doesn't do any good. While most of this community (most is an understatement) is in no way shape or form worthy of a mod position as well as the very small percentage that is worthy is not interested in mod, you should still look for those who are worthy and willing. And if you aren't wanting any new moderators on your team, well, remove him anyway. An inactive mod just plain doesn't look good. It would look better to the community that we have a positive and active mod/admin team.
In an age of darkness light appears
And it wards away the ancient fears
March to the anthem of the heart
To a brand new day, a brand new start

Aero
Palom
Palom
Flair: Pirate economy
Chat Username: aero

Postby Aero » Mon Nov 09, 2015 11:39 pm

TNTtimelord wrote:
I'm sure you'd prefer to not be at all like the admin Knux. Well back in like 2011, Ace was inactive and he was mod for months on end and when I pushed him to demote him, he gave me the excuse "well he's a cool guy"

I'm going to hope you wouldn't even consider giving us that same excuse. Then again, keeping m4sterbr0s as mod won't do any harm, but it doesn't do any good. While most of this community (most is an understatement) is in no way shape or form worthy of a mod position as well as the very small percentage that is worthy is not interested in mod, you should still look for those who are worthy and willing. And if you aren't wanting any new moderators on your team, well, remove him anyway. An inactive mod just plain doesn't look good. It would look better to the community that we have a positive and active mod/admin team.
This kind of looks like a bad turn of discussion since it's about staff. But I agree it looks bad, but if m4sterbr0s just wasn't listed it wouldn't matter to anyone anyway, since it's out of sight and out of mind. Also, it's pretty clear favoritism is at play to some extent so it's not really worth discussing until it becomes an actual issue imo.

Shadow Yoshi
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Postby Shadow Yoshi » Tue Nov 10, 2015 9:41 am

My point was that you guys care way too much about a name on a team listing.

Mable
Peach
Peach
Current Project: Account soon to be deleted
Chat Username: Account soon to be d

Postby Mable » Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:29 am

Joey wrote:My point was that you guys care way too much about a name on a team listing.
Yeah i probably should stop carrying also that Fawful 260 is probably Fawful 265 since they both have the same broken english.

Maybe the staff should check that.

Bryan
Pokey
Pokey

Postby Bryan » Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:18 pm

It's not that they care too much.

It is literally pointless to have an inactive member on the staff team.

Shadow Yoshi
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Postby Shadow Yoshi » Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:42 pm

If it bothers you, you care too much.

Bryan
Pokey
Pokey

Postby Bryan » Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:49 pm

It is literally pointless to have an inactive member on the staff team.

If you put it into a real life situation you'll understand. I never said I cared either but I digress.

Shadow Yoshi
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Postby Shadow Yoshi » Tue Nov 10, 2015 10:28 pm

So what if we do? It's not like it's any of your concern.

TLtimelord
Red Yoshi Egg
Red Yoshi Egg

Postby TLtimelord » Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:09 pm

Joey wrote:So what if we do? It's not like it's any of your concern.
As a userbase under the control of your administration, we have the right to be curious as to what you and your mods do as well as criticize it. As an administration, you have the responsibility to let us know what you're doing and to let us have some input before it goes through. A community where the administration does many things without letting the userbase know or put in much input is not a healthy community and is borderline dictatorship. You aren't going to improve in the slightest as an administration if you don't allow and/or don't listen to your userbase put in their two cents about what you do.

Shadow Yoshi
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Postby Shadow Yoshi » Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:14 pm

You make a good point that would be absolutely relevant if I was, like, laundering money or something.

You're talking about a single name on a team listing. Until you can approach me with a legitimate problem, I don't really want to entertain this discussion anymore.

(for those dying to know why m4sterbr0s is still on the team listing: he's obviously been busy with stuff in his life and doesn't find time to come here, but he's still someone we want on the staff team and there's nothing wrong with keeping him there)

TLtimelord
Red Yoshi Egg
Red Yoshi Egg

Postby TLtimelord » Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:28 pm

My rant wasn't directly about m4sterbros and was more of my answer to this question:

Now about m4sterbr0s. It BUGS people because somebody useful could potentially be mod instead of m4sterbr0s. If and/or when he returns, there's nothing wrong with taking an extra 30 or so seconds to repromote him. As of right now, he's pointlessly filling up a useful moderator spot on your team. And yes, I'll reiterate that it looks bad you have a completely inactive moderator. It may look to some you just don't care about how you run your mod team and it also definitely looks like favorites are played.

Shadow Yoshi
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Postby Shadow Yoshi » Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:34 pm

But you say that as if m4sterbr0s is suddenly "filling a spot" and taking it away from someone else, which isn't at all what's happening. Also, the fact that his name is not green should be an indicator that he's not an active team member.

Aero
Palom
Palom
Flair: Pirate economy
Chat Username: aero

Postby Aero » Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:45 pm

TNT, while I agree with the ends to your argument about how m4sterbr0s should just be demoted and later repromoted, I just want to point out he isn't "filling up" a spot. The number of mods that can be on the team is only finite to how much the admins want, and if they needed more mods - which they don't - they would just promote someone else on top of the others. Also it's a privilege to be here and not a right, so you can't just say you have a right to be here and criticize what the team does; and since membership and activity here is voluntary I don't see how you can call it a "borderline dictatorship." At the end of the day it is in principle since this forum was never supposed to be a democracy, it's supposed to be the staff keeping the forum in order while taking input from the community at their discretion. Like Joey said, you need to bring up an actual problem and I think some of the favoritism and moderating decisions themselves needs to be addressed rather than who is on the list.

h2643
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa
Flair: Украинец
Current Project: RL
Chat Username: h/hnumbers

Postby h2643 » Wed Nov 11, 2015 7:00 am

http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... 35&t=12190
This topic got locked for no legit reason. Even though it's about SMBX 1.4.1, which is of course not supported by you, it's a bullshit reason to just lock it. Someone from the userbase, like Wohlstand, could actually help him since he's one of these guys who know how SMBX 1.4.1 works. You know that.
And now that makes me wonder now why help topics about PGE are not locked. I mean you never said that you support PGE, did you? Is there some other hidden reason that I can't seem to figure out? (if it even exists)

Shadow Yoshi
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Postby Shadow Yoshi » Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:39 am

First of all, easy on the tone. Wording your messages like that is only making your situation worse.

We support PGE and LunaDLL/Lua, hence why their topics are sticky. I'd prefer if help with those things were asked for in those respective threads, but since they're so widely used it's not really a problem if things pop up in the normal help forum.

The Chinese build that for whatever reason only runs on Windows XP is a completely different story. I understand that Wohlstand is working on it, so he can help you with it if he wants to. We can't have threads about that clog up the help forum, since the help forum is for legitimate and official versions of SMBX. We also can't support a bunch of versions of SMBX floating around.

Zeldamaster12
Cid
Cid
Flair: stop looking at my flair dangit
Chat Username: Zeldamaster12

Postby Zeldamaster12 » Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:55 am

Okay, I'm confused here.

m4sterbr0s has been in the mod group since what, March? Nobody has complained about it until now when he has been in the mod group for eight months. It was never an issue before, so why is it all of a sudden an issue now? It shouldn't be.

underFlo
Mario
Mario
Flair: sup im lesbiab
Current Project: actually nothing i lied to you
Chat Username: underFlo

Postby underFlo » Wed Nov 11, 2015 11:53 am

Zeldamaster12 wrote:Okay, I'm confused here.

m4sterbr0s has been in the mod group since what, March? Nobody has complained about it until now when he has been in the mod group for eight months. It was never an issue before, so why is it all of a sudden an issue now? It shouldn't be.
I think people just looked at the members of the admin/mod groups after Quill was made Admin again? I'm not sure myself, and we've had this discussion before with members like Kley, and it's honestly the same every time and I don't think there's anything left to argue about regarding that.
im a girl yo

Shadow Yoshi
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Postby Shadow Yoshi » Wed Nov 11, 2015 12:23 pm

Kley's situation was different anyway since he actually looked like he was an active member of the team (green name).

Bottom line is that who's on the team listing is not something worth arguing about.

Return to “SuperMarioBrosX.org”