Site Discussion Thread

For topics related to SuperMarioBrosX.org. Suggest anything that you would like to see on the site here.
underFlo
Reznor
Reznor
Flair: sup im lesbiab
Pronouns: They/She

Re: Site Discussion Thread

Postby underFlo » Wed Nov 11, 2015 12:34 pm

Joey wrote:Kley's situation was different anyway since he actually looked like he was an active member of the team (green name).

Bottom line is that who's on the team listing is not something worth arguing about.
Really? I was rather certain he had a black name at the time we had that discussion. Of course, i may just be mixing things up.
im a girl yo

Zeldamaster12
Cid
Cid
Flair: stop looking at my flair dangit

Postby Zeldamaster12 » Wed Nov 11, 2015 12:49 pm

No, his name was green during all that WE NEED CHANGE drama. I think he might've been removed from the Staff midway through though.

Aero
Palom
Palom
Pronouns: she/her they/them

Postby Aero » Wed Nov 11, 2015 2:36 pm

Zeldamaster12 wrote:Okay, I'm confused here.

m4sterbr0s has been in the mod group since what, March? Nobody has complained about it until now when he has been in the mod group for eight months. It was never an issue before, so why is it all of a sudden an issue now? It shouldn't be.
Ackshully it's been complained about before it went through this cycle:

1. Complaint
2. "fuck off" - joey

Oversimplified but w/e.
Zeldamaster12 wrote:No, his name was green during all that WE NEED CHANGE drama. I think he might've been removed from the Staff midway through though.
Yeah he was demoted over something dumb that he did, I forget what it was. Kley isn't relevant though to this conversation.
Joey wrote:First of all, easy on the tone. Wording your messages like that is only making your situation worse.

We support PGE and LunaDLL/Lua, hence why their topics are sticky. I'd prefer if help with those things were asked for in those respective threads, but since they're so widely used it's not really a problem if things pop up in the normal help forum.

The Chinese build that for whatever reason only runs on Windows XP is a completely different story. I understand that Wohlstand is working on it, so he can help you with it if he wants to. We can't have threads about that clog up the help forum, since the help forum is for legitimate and official versions of SMBX. We also can't support a bunch of versions of SMBX floating around.
So if I were to make a singular thread in the General forum for SMBX 1.4.1 for info, and support would that be fine? It wouldn't be "clogging up" the forum, and it beats locking a thread while someone is looking for help when there is help to be offered (specifically from Wohlstand, and a few others who downloaded the version).

Zeldamaster12
Cid
Cid
Flair: stop looking at my flair dangit

Postby Zeldamaster12 » Wed Nov 11, 2015 3:05 pm

I still don't understand why it's being complained about though. Like Joey said, m4sterbr0s's name is black, which means he isn't active to moderate.

Aero
Palom
Palom

Postby Aero » Wed Nov 11, 2015 4:34 pm

TNT and I already explained that it looks bad for an inactive mod to be listed. That's why there's the complaints.

Shadow Yoshi
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Postby Shadow Yoshi » Wed Nov 11, 2015 4:36 pm

Except it doesn't look bad at all and you guys are overreacting to something that's completely meaningless. I think ZM and I have made that clear and I'd prefer for discussion on that to stop.
AeroMatter wrote:So if I were to make a singular thread in the General forum for SMBX 1.4.1 for info, and support would that be fine? It wouldn't be "clogging up" the forum, and it beats locking a thread while someone is looking for help when there is help to be offered (specifically from Wohlstand, and a few others who downloaded the version).
Because that would imply that we, as a site, support it here, which we don't.

Wohlstand gave me this link for people seeking help with that build: http://engine.wohlnet.ru/forum/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=581

underFlo
Reznor
Reznor
Flair: sup im lesbiab
Pronouns: They/She

Postby underFlo » Wed Nov 11, 2015 4:58 pm

Would it be possible if someone made a thread in the video game subforum then?
im a girl yo

Shadow Yoshi
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Postby Shadow Yoshi » Wed Nov 11, 2015 5:36 pm

That would defeat the purpose. We don't want to promote discussion of things like that on this forum.

Aero
Palom
Palom

Postby Aero » Wed Nov 11, 2015 7:06 pm

You're speaking with very little clarity here. Who is "we," and why is SMBX 1.4 not to be promoted on an SMBX forum in its own non-sticked thread? I understand wanting to keep versions under control as you wouldn't want a bunch of questions about a bunch of modded bootleg SMBX exes, but wouldn't it make sense to draw the line so that legitimate questions can be asked in one topic rather than interrupting with a lock? At the end of the day, people aren't getting answers and topics are being cutoff rather than having an organized topic with questions and information all in one place and not clogging up a forum.

Shadow Yoshi
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Postby Shadow Yoshi » Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:30 pm

I suppose "we" could mean the staff or it could mean the collective consciousness of the community if we were to instead say "we shouldn't promote that", and because it's a buggy build that we shouldn't offer support for because that's more work for very little (if any) gain.

You know, now that I think about it, I actually had an idea recently to create a "Modding help thread" where people can ask questions about stuff related to LunaDLL/Lua. We could make a thread similar to that where people can talk about all aspects of manipulation of the core SMBX files.

Aero
Palom
Palom

Postby Aero » Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:02 pm

People already do that it seems in the LunaLua thread. I suppose that'd be a good idea if it was kept to very general modding.

Bryan
Snifit
Snifit

Postby Bryan » Sun Nov 15, 2015 12:27 pm

Is it really necessary to have the affiliates twice on the forum footer?

Shadow Yoshi
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Postby Shadow Yoshi » Sun Nov 15, 2015 12:54 pm

I don't see the problem with it. The point is to display their buttons.

Bryan
Snifit
Snifit

Postby Bryan » Sun Nov 15, 2015 1:10 pm

Joey wrote:I don't see the problem with it. The point is to display their buttons.
Me neither. I was just curious since the buttons look much nicer than the simple text links in the lower-right corner.

Shadow Yoshi
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Postby Shadow Yoshi » Sun Nov 15, 2015 1:13 pm

The text links are site-wide and the buttons are only on the forums. This was to give the affiliate sites a little bit more exposure then just a text link and a spot on the Links page.

Bryan
Snifit
Snifit

Postby Bryan » Sun Nov 15, 2015 1:18 pm

Joey wrote:The text links are site-wide and the buttons are only on the forums. This was to give the affiliate sites a little bit more exposure then just a text link and a spot on the Links page.

Oh okay! I agree with you on that, before the affiliates weren't really visible on the site. Now, the buttons grab your attention. You think in the future you'll be extending them site wide then?

Shadow Yoshi
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Postby Shadow Yoshi » Sun Nov 15, 2015 1:38 pm

Probably not, the text links are fine for the rest of the site.

Aero
Palom
Palom

Postby Aero » Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:15 am

Does anybody else get a huge lag spike when loading pages with YouTube embeds on them?

Bryan
Snifit
Snifit

Postby Bryan » Fri Nov 20, 2015 7:50 pm

I don't think this is a site-related issue. I mean I've never had a problem with any of the loading times here. All pages load pretty fast for the most part.

Sure, I get a little lag on my school's network, but that's obvious when you have over 1000 systems connected. I'm sure this problem's related to your connection speed.

Shadow Yoshi
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Postby Shadow Yoshi » Fri Nov 20, 2015 8:56 pm

I think this happened to me once recently when trying to load a page with a lot of YouTube embeds on it, but generally I don't have problems with it.

Return to “SuperMarioBrosX.org”