Site Discussion Thread

For topics related to SuperMarioBrosX.org. Suggest anything that you would like to see on the site here.
Aero
Administrator

Re: Site Discussion Thread

Postby Aero » Tue Jan 12, 2016 4:52 pm

Oh btw Nien, using "/mode Nien +R" will help stop all those PM windows from coming up.

Pseudo
Peach
Peach

Postby Pseudo » Tue Jan 12, 2016 11:47 pm

Just noticed that you now receive a notification when someone quotes you in a thread. That's awesome!
its ya girl pseudo and im back on a provisional basis

"sterydy Behemoth expiable novae iconically night owl ticklish turbocharger bactrian riveting . Solidus quits frothy managua scrimper shadowy enthusiastically rearrangement curviness matronliness pinyin piroshki gradual hysterically locker room versed . Horrendous unicorn transnational parka lasso very forbiddingly laborsaving cochabamba hair-raising floozy philter transnational ."
- a spam account, 2016

TLtimelord
Red Yoshi Egg
Red Yoshi Egg
Flair: Info under raps

Postby TLtimelord » Wed Jan 13, 2016 12:22 am

Pseudo-dino wrote:Just noticed that you now receive a notification when someone quotes you in a thread. That's awesome!
Yeah, quite, but I wonder if there's a way to disable quotes in notifications. I've already had an occasion where I posted in a thread and was no longer interested in reading it and had to go through a few days of my notifications filling up due to people constantly quoting somebody's post who quoted me.
The wall on which the prophets wrote
Is cracking at the seams
Upon the instruments of death
The sunlight brightly gleams
When every man is torn apart
With nightmares and with dreams
Will no one lay the laurel wreath
When silence drowns the screams

Pseudo
Peach
Peach

Postby Pseudo » Wed Jan 13, 2016 12:57 am

Looks like you can disable it, in your User Control Panel under Board preferences -> notification options.

"sterydy Behemoth expiable novae iconically night owl ticklish turbocharger bactrian riveting . Solidus quits frothy managua scrimper shadowy enthusiastically rearrangement curviness matronliness pinyin piroshki gradual hysterically locker room versed . Horrendous unicorn transnational parka lasso very forbiddingly laborsaving cochabamba hair-raising floozy philter transnational ."
- a spam account, 2016

MistakesWereMade
Boom Boom
Boom Boom

Postby MistakesWereMade » Wed Jan 13, 2016 3:24 am

The notifications section is actually the greatest feature, i no longer have to check my email for half of the forum functionalities, specifically reports notifications.
AeroMatter wrote:Oh btw Nien, using "/mode Nien +R" will help stop all those PM windows from coming up.
thanks

lighthouse64
Mouser
Mouser

Postby lighthouse64 » Wed Jan 13, 2016 6:24 am

Pseudo-dino wrote:Just noticed that you now receive a notification when someone quotes you in a thread. That's awesome!
Yeah, it's kinda cool to see if you don't get quoted all the time :P I just hit your notification page right now probably.
Just your average user...

Oh, and sometimes I arrange stuff like this :P https://www.noteflight.com/scores/view/ ... 25261b1a11

Mable
Peach
Peach

Postby Mable » Wed Jan 13, 2016 9:16 am

Yeah it's fancy. I like to look at peoples post when they quote me and said something dumb as reply so i don't have to go throught all pages.

Bryan
Pokey
Pokey

Postby Bryan » Wed Jan 13, 2016 10:44 pm

Tinkerbell wrote:Yeah it's fancy. I like to look at peoples post when they quote me and said something dumb as reply so i don't have to go throught all pages.
The new release of phpBB is a major improvement over the previous one - cutting absurd features from the software. Extensions are a pretty neat thing, too.

Fuyu
Wart
Wart

Postby Fuyu » Mon Jan 18, 2016 5:05 pm

I'm well aware of the automatic logout feature this forum provides which activates in about 20(?) minutes since the user stopped checking anything new. I personally don't know what purpose it has to actually be here, to help users by logging out if they forgot to (maybe?), but I have another suggestion for the forum regarding said feature, which is to be able to choose whether you want to logout automatically or not.

Some people, like me for example, come and go very frequently because we have other things to do, and to be honest after the 5th time I got to log in because I had to attend to some IRL issues or do some errands it becomes sort of annoying. Maybe I'm the only one to feel that way, but I truthfully think I'm not the only one that was doing something else while he/she was logged in on the forums and went back to do something only to find he/she HAS to log in again, it is sort of distractive.

Zeldamaster12
Cid
Cid
Flair: stop looking at my flair dangit

Postby Zeldamaster12 » Mon Jan 18, 2016 5:10 pm

Natsu wrote:I'm well aware of the automatic logout feature this forum provides which activates in about 20(?) minutes since the user stopped checking anything new. I personally don't know what purpose it has to actually be here, to help users by logging out if they forgot to (maybe?), but I have another suggestion for the forum regarding said feature, which is to be able to choose whether you want to logout automatically or not.

Some people, like me for example, come and go very frequently because we have other things to do, and to be honest after the 5th time I got to log in because I had to attend to some IRL issues or do some errands it becomes sort of annoying. Maybe I'm the only one to feel that way, but I truthfully think I'm not the only one that was doing something else while he/she was logged in on the forums and went back to do something only to find he/she HAS to log in again, it is sort of distractive.
Check the "remember me" box so it won't auto-log you out.

Shadow Yoshi
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Postby Shadow Yoshi » Mon Jan 18, 2016 5:45 pm

Yeah, that isn't an "auto logout" feature but rather just your session expiring. As ZM said, just check "Remember me" when logging in.

Aero
Administrator

Postby Aero » Mon Jan 18, 2016 6:24 pm

^ what they said or you can extend the timeout time if necessary.

Fuyu
Wart
Wart

Postby Fuyu » Mon Jan 18, 2016 6:29 pm

Oh, ok. I'll see if it works, thanks.

@AeroMatter: And where can I do that?

Aero
Administrator

Postby Aero » Mon Jan 18, 2016 7:36 pm

For FireFox: http://kb.mozillazine.org/Network.cookie.lifetimePolicy

Idk how to change it for other browsers, but I'm sure the concept is the same for Chrome.

Shadow Yoshi
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Postby Shadow Yoshi » Mon Jan 18, 2016 8:04 pm

It looks like that's for cookies, not sessions. That will probably change how long the forum "remembers you" for.

Fuyu
Wart
Wart

Postby Fuyu » Mon Jan 18, 2016 8:10 pm

2complicated4me

Thanks for linking me to that page, though.

Aero
Administrator

Postby Aero » Thu Jan 21, 2016 3:30 pm

Can we get a thread similar to this for the Help & Support forum? I think if some of the stickies were merged/cleared out a bit then room can be made for a topic with general help in the OP and let the thread be for questions/problems that don't deserve their own thread. It would be very useful to have for the people who register just to ask a quick question so they don't have to search through a flood of other topics about technical questions.

Pseudo
Peach
Peach

Postby Pseudo » Thu Jan 21, 2016 3:40 pm

Ooh yeah, yeah, that'd be good. That'd make that forum a lot easier to navigate, I think.

"Ask a simple question, get a simple answer". That sort of thing.

- a spam account, 2016

Zeldamaster12
Cid
Cid
Flair: stop looking at my flair dangit

Postby Zeldamaster12 » Thu Jan 21, 2016 3:42 pm

Pseudo-dino wrote:Ooh yeah, yeah, that'd be good. That'd make that forum a lot easier to navigate, I think.

"Ask a simple question, get a simple answer". That sort of thing.
I second this. The Help & Support subforum really doesn't need that many stickies.

Aero
Administrator

Postby Aero » Thu Jan 21, 2016 3:46 pm

Zeldamaster12 wrote:I second this. The Help & Support subforum really doesn't need that many stickies.
If I may suggest: Valtteri's stickies could all be merged into one thread, and Marina's and XerX's guides can be merged into another. (I think the latter has already been suggested though?)

Return to “SuperMarioBrosX.org”