Site Discussion Thread

For topics related to SuperMarioBrosX.org. Suggest anything that you would like to see on the site here.
PixelPest
Raccoon Mario
Raccoon Mario
Flair: Tamer of Boom Booms

Re: Site Discussion Thread

Postby PixelPest » Sun Jul 10, 2016 4:57 pm

Joey wrote:Hey, sorry about the downtime. It's the same problem we usually have. I added a line to my daily backup script to delete the log that keeps getting so huge. This should make it so that I don't have to keep doing it manually.
Yay. Glad to see this is back and running

Pseudo
Ludwig
Ludwig
Pronouns: She/her

Postby Pseudo » Sun Jul 10, 2016 5:09 pm

^
Same, I was a little spooked
its ya girl pseudo and im back on a provisional basis

"sterydy Behemoth expiable novae iconically night owl ticklish turbocharger bactrian riveting . Solidus quits frothy managua scrimper shadowy enthusiastically rearrangement curviness matronliness pinyin piroshki gradual hysterically locker room versed . Horrendous unicorn transnational parka lasso very forbiddingly laborsaving cochabamba hair-raising floozy philter transnational ."
- a spam account, 2016

PixelPest
Raccoon Mario
Raccoon Mario

Postby PixelPest » Sun Jul 10, 2016 5:57 pm

For some reason I'm no longer getting e-mail notifications regarding activity on the topics that I've subscribed to since the issues earlier today

benjaminpants
Spiny
Spiny

SMBX websites STUPID FILTER!

Postby benjaminpants » Sun Jul 10, 2016 6:12 pm

I could have chose a better catagorie. but...
anyway I hate the stupid smbx website filter!
I need to find a small Luigi sprite with a mask because the current one I have does not have a mask
but when I try to search it on the smbx website it blocks it saying "you're search contains too common words" THATS JUST BAD DESIGN!!! :evil:
But why!? Why block a common word? ITS HARD NOT TO USE COMMON WORDS! do they want variety in searches? well no ones going to see them so... WHATS THE POINT!!
- Signed Benjaminpants

Here is some stuff I support
Spoiler: show
Here is some of my projeccts

Drifloon
Rip Van Fish
Rip Van Fish
Flair: Boost
Pronouns: he/him

Postby Drifloon » Sun Jul 10, 2016 6:32 pm

Joey wrote:Hey, sorry about the downtime. It's the same problem we usually have. I added a line to my daily backup script to delete the log that keeps getting so huge. This should make it so that I don't have to keep doing it manually.
Is that the reason I get 502 Bad Gateway for many times?

Aero
Palom
Palom
Pronouns: she/her they/them

Postby Aero » Sun Jul 10, 2016 6:41 pm

When I make a post it goes to a blank page and it doesn't return to the thread like normal. For normal replies that is, not quick reply.

bossedit8
Banned

Postby bossedit8 » Sun Jul 10, 2016 6:47 pm

Afraid of the Heights wrote:Is that the reason I get 502 Bad Gateway for many times?
Pretty much yeah.
AeroMatter wrote:When I make a post it goes to a blank page and it doesn't return to the thread like normal. For normal replies that is, not quick reply.
Same issue right here... only if you don't quote it's post and don't use quick reply. Not sure about making a new topic though.

Sayaka
Banned

Postby Sayaka » Sun Jul 10, 2016 6:51 pm

Here, Site has moved.→
known Yahochi-1359, anibara_NEWS, Sayopon335, Sayonaka, Sindex, hayubusa

Valtteri
Van De Graf
Van De Graf

Postby Valtteri » Sun Jul 10, 2016 7:08 pm

Sayaka wrote:Here, Site has moved.→
If you do this again you will be banned.

PixelPest
Raccoon Mario
Raccoon Mario

Postby PixelPest » Sun Jul 10, 2016 7:14 pm

AeroMatter wrote:When I make a post it goes to a blank page and it doesn't return to the thread like normal. For normal replies that is, not quick reply.
I get an error when doing this, but it still actually posts what I wrote

bossedit8
Banned

Postby bossedit8 » Sun Jul 10, 2016 7:15 pm

bossedit8 wrote:
Same issue right here... only if you don't quote it's post and don't use quick reply. Not sure about making a new topic though.
Well, turns out it also happens when I make a new topic. It appears this (german words oh no):

Kyo Saito
Tweeter
Tweeter

Postby Kyo Saito » Sun Jul 10, 2016 7:24 pm

bossedit8 wrote:
bossedit8 wrote:
Well, turns out it also happens when I make a new topic. It appears this (german words oh no):
This exact same problem happens to me every so often, but it happens whenever I make a post, and it doesn't happen all the time. It still posts it, but I don't get redirected back to the topic, I instead get the bad gateway error. This even happens on other browsers. I am currently using version 51.0.2704.103 m of Google Chrome, if that means anything for anyone currently.
EDIT: Got the error again as I made this post.

PixelPest
Raccoon Mario
Raccoon Mario

Postby PixelPest » Sun Jul 10, 2016 7:25 pm

bossedit8 wrote:
bossedit8 wrote:
That's the same error that I'm getting (just in English and not German)

Pseudo
Ludwig
Ludwig
Pronouns: She/her

Re: SMBX websites STUPID FILTER!

Postby Pseudo » Sun Jul 10, 2016 7:33 pm

Merged with the Site Discussion Thread in the SMBX.org forum, which is the forum where this sort of stuff is meant to go.

In any case, the common word filter is a limitation of phpBB which Joey cannot currently disable. To use a more flexible search, I suggest using a Google search starting with "site:supermariobrosx.org/forums", which will limit search results to subdomains of supermariobrosx.org/forums.
its ya girl pseudo and im back on a provisional basis

"sterydy Behemoth expiable novae iconically night owl ticklish turbocharger bactrian riveting . Solidus quits frothy managua scrimper shadowy enthusiastically rearrangement curviness matronliness pinyin piroshki gradual hysterically locker room versed . Horrendous unicorn transnational parka lasso very forbiddingly laborsaving cochabamba hair-raising floozy philter transnational ."
- a spam account, 2016

PixelPest
Raccoon Mario
Raccoon Mario

Postby PixelPest » Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:57 pm

PixelPest wrote:For some reason I'm no longer getting e-mail notifications regarding activity on the topics that I've subscribed to since the issues earlier today
Is anyone else having this issue? Because I checked in the ISU and I do have the options enabled to send e-mails to my address when topics that I have subscribed to are replied to

Drifloon
Rip Van Fish
Rip Van Fish

Postby Drifloon » Mon Jul 11, 2016 2:49 am

benjaminpants wrote:I could have chose a better catagorie. but...
I need to find a small Luigi sprite with a mask because the current one I have does not have a mask
but when I try to search it on the smbx website it blocks it saying "you're search contains too common words" THATS JUST BAD DESIGN!!! :evil:
But why!? Why block a common word? ITS HARD NOT TO USE COMMON WORDS! do they want variety in searches? well no ones going to see them so... WHATS THE POINT!!
Because it will lead to many pages of search results.

Cedur
Bowser
Bowser

Postby Cedur » Mon Jul 11, 2016 9:34 am

Similar stuff also seems to happen with normal replying / quoting and PMing. Just open another tab and you should see the sent PM in your outbox, don't click "Resend" or anything similar ...

EDIT: sometimes it currently works normally, tho
Last edited by Cedur on Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
More Supports: show

Still using the legacy editor? Get SMBX2 and PGE, it will improve your experience significantly. Here's why. And remember, Yoshis are tools to be used and discarded.

ShadowStarX (06/14/18) wrote: South Korea is easy deal

Drifloon
Rip Van Fish
Rip Van Fish

Postby Drifloon » Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:35 am

Another question. In the board index, there's a part in the bottom which indicates how many users were there. Two days ago, I saw 5000+ users and now I just saw 4500+ users. What happened to the 500+ users

Cedur
Bowser
Bowser

Postby Cedur » Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:45 am

They're just bot accounts that are pruned regularily to keep the memberlist accurate, so we don't eventually end up with 50,000 "members" that aren't representative for our userbase at all. These are either bots that simply create masses of accounts without posting (you can safely assume that no human will register on a name like "ugbwv94"), or they're spambots that can be identified via their profile settings, or they succeed at posting their junk and the staff bans them; remember to not reply to spam. In either case, the staff just deletes these obviously bot-generated account.
More Supports: show

Still using the legacy editor? Get SMBX2 and PGE, it will improve your experience significantly. Here's why. And remember, Yoshis are tools to be used and discarded.

ShadowStarX (06/14/18) wrote: South Korea is easy deal

benjaminpants
Spiny
Spiny

Postby benjaminpants » Mon Jul 11, 2016 6:23 pm

Afraid of the Heights wrote:
benjaminpants wrote:I could have chose a better catagorie. but...
Because it will lead to many pages of search results.
does anyone really care? because I DON'T. now I figured out my luigi sprite did have a mask

but... why? like... the point of searching is to get results to search through. and if some searches are blocked that ruins the point!
How about they make it so if it is too common it will ask the user how many pages of that word they want to see. INSTEAD OF BLOCKING IT :!: :!:
- Signed Benjaminpants

Here is some stuff I support
Here is some of my projeccts

Return to “SuperMarioBrosX.org”