Site Discussion Thread

For topics related to SuperMarioBrosX.org. Suggest anything that you would like to see on the site here.
TLtimelord
Red Yoshi Egg
Red Yoshi Egg
Flair: Info under raps
Current Project: A quirky lil episode
Chat Username: Augustus

Re: Site Discussion Thread

Postby TLtimelord » Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:06 am

Spinda wrote:Gotta agree with Shroom there. It just seems to me like PP is being handled as the personification of everything that's wrong with LJs and that's just not nice. I still think deleting it went too far and I have also pointed fingers but I don't think he deserves all the hate tbh.
he didn't even consider that AeroMatter actually made some decent points and only wrote satirically. It's better to have a funny level guide topic that might actually attract some new users instead of a robotic guide topic that everyone will ignore anyway.

And if there are design choices that level judges don't agree on, they should be debated, not censored & deleted.
In an age of darkness light appears
And it wards away the ancient fears
March to the anthem of the heart
To a brand new day, a brand new start

underFlo
Mario
Mario
Flair: sup im lesbiab
Current Project: actually nothing i lied to you
Chat Username: underFlo

Postby underFlo » Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:34 am

TNTtimelord wrote:
Spinda wrote:Gotta agree with Shroom there. It just seems to me like PP is being handled as the personification of everything that's wrong with LJs and that's just not nice. I still think deleting it went too far and I have also pointed fingers but I don't think he deserves all the hate tbh.
he didn't even consider that AeroMatter actually made some decent points and only wrote satirically. It's better to have a funny level guide topic that might actually attract some new users instead of a robotic guide topic that everyone will ignore anyway.

And if there are design choices that level judges don't agree on, they should be debated, not censored & deleted.
Of course. I was only speaking up against the way PP was treated in places like the SMBX Discord, because that's just not ok tbh.
im a girl yo

SnifitGuy
Birdo
Birdo

Postby SnifitGuy » Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:44 am

Spinda wrote:
TNTtimelord wrote:

Of course. I was only speaking up against the way PP was treated in places like the SMBX Discord, because that's just not ok tbh.
I agree; Pixel's deleting of the thread versus the hate he has been getting are two separate issues on their own. Just because he deleted it does not mean he deserved shit from the community (not naming names, but we all know who gave it), and if people had a problem with it, they could easily take it up with him in a respectful manner instead of talking behind his back. I mean, people disliked Pixel and alright, they're entitled to their opinions, but then people started just using this issue as the primary reasoning for their problems with him when they know that they were just being haters for no good reason before and are now using the deletion as an excuse to be pricks.

Mable
Peach
Peach
Current Project: Account soon to be deleted
Chat Username: Account soon to be d

Postby Mable » Mon Aug 22, 2016 1:23 pm

Is it actually still worth now discussin about it? As far as i know.. the thread is now up.. the deletion stopped and pp is demoted. So i think it has all be deal with.

Shadow Yoshi
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Postby Shadow Yoshi » Mon Aug 22, 2016 1:28 pm

PixelPest wasn't demoted. He's taken a break because the shit he's getting from guys is a little too much to handle. Can't say I blame him.

If you have a problem with PixelPest or any user, go to a staff member. What's been said to PixelPest is a direct violation of the first forum rule. It needs to stop. Please don't make this harder for all of us.

Aero
Palom
Palom
Flair: Pirate economy
Chat Username: aero

Postby Aero » Mon Aug 22, 2016 1:31 pm

Either people are looking at this as an isolated incident, or just haven't been keeping up with a behavior pattern that PP has displayed. It was a nice try to be the humble and neutral observer but not really.
Joey wrote:If you have a problem with PixelPest or any user, go to a staff member. What's been said to PixelPest is a direct violation of the first forum rule. It needs to stop. Please don't make this harder for all of us.
What happens if a staff member covers for that user whenever they can? I've talked to staff members a lot about this stuff but, as usual, nothing happens. What's happened to my thread is only supposed to happen in special situations, but is there any correction of this? No. This is yet another failure of the Level Judge team that Valtteri selects. Maybe we're not the problem here.

Just to get back to the point though it was Linik who deleted the topic first, then Valtteri covered him by not mentioning his name. Then PixelPest deleted it a second time and the only reason why PixelPest isn't a LJ at the moment is because he was "stressed" and not because Valtteri was keeping his judges in line or anything crazy like that. There's a pattern of failures surrounding the Level Judges that I pointed out here: http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... 28#p236596 and yet we continue on. I have warned about Level Judges and the problems they cause, and nothing I have said has been inaccurate. This new system I proposed still works better than the old despite the odd new rules and the desperate attempt at preserving the LJ group slipped in (it's not chaos) for posting and getting comments on levels, however we will start seeing problems as Featured Designers have to start being picked because that's left up to the Judges. I mean it's dumb enough that a small group of people that isn't that popular gets to decide who gets to be featured, but it's dumber when you realize how people get to be Level Judge. All you have to do is be cool or neutral with Valtteri, and make a post that's about 5 to 10 sentences long (what is said doesn't matter) with a score at the end. Like you don't even have to download a level, as some people have, and just talk about graphics and shit to have your review considered good. I'd post a topic about criticism of levels in the Levels forum, but there is a secret rule where you have to ask Valtteri what threads you can have permission to post so idk.

Shadow Yoshi
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Postby Shadow Yoshi » Mon Aug 22, 2016 1:43 pm

But that's not even what we're talking about. I was mentioning that the behavior exhibited toward PixelPest was unacceptable. Regardless of what you think of them or the system, you don't treat people like that.

Valtteri didn't mention Linik's name because it doesn't matter and would've just caused unnecessary discussion about it that likely would've been inflammatory.

Aero
Palom
Palom

Postby Aero » Mon Aug 22, 2016 2:11 pm

Joey wrote:But that's not even what we're talking about. I was mentioning that the behavior exhibited toward PixelPest was unacceptable. Regardless of what you think of them or the system, you don't treat people like that.

Valtteri didn't mention Linik's name because it doesn't matter and would've just caused unnecessary discussion about it that likely would've been inflammatory.
What was being talked about was part of a larger issue. I'd like examples of what has been said to PixelPest that are so unacceptable, because all I saw was the usual criticism over abuse of his role as Level Judge. It's perfectly reasonable to go after PixelPest because what he did was wrong, and though he has apologized to me because even he sees what he did was wrong, we're still left with nothing here. Now I don't know about you but when a Level Judge takes it upon themselves to delete a thread - which is again supposed to happen in special situations - without notice, an admin tries to protect them while acknowledging wrong doing, and nobody has been held accountable for their actions except the ones talking about all this then I would think this is completely necessary discussion. The result of this is now people have to post outside of LJ moderated forums if they don't want their threads deleted even though LJs can post non-level related threads as they please as part of a new precedent from this situation.

WindyDelcarlo
Swooper
Swooper
Current Project: Who knows? Back after what feels like absolutely forever!

Postby WindyDelcarlo » Tue Aug 23, 2016 1:06 pm

Da Rules wrote:1. RESPECT THE STAFF AND OTHER USERS.
Aeromatter wrote:I'd like to remind everyone that I warned about LJs being considered moderators, and would also like to remind that MrDaniel was considered "untrustworthy" to have LJ perms but another LJ just deletes shit carelessly.
Enjl wrote:You're just abusing your power because Aeromatter's language in that thread wasn't to your liking.
Aeromatter wrote:All you have to do is be cool or neutral with Valtteri, and make a post that's about 5 to 10 sentences long (what is said doesn't matter) with a score at the end. Like you don't even have to download a level, as some people have, and just talk about graphics and shit to have your review considered good. I'd post a topic about criticism of levels in the Levels forum, but there is a secret rule where you have to ask Valtteri what threads you can have permission to post so idk.
I don't know, Aeromatter. Maybe rule 1 means something other than what's written. I've done as you asked, though
Electrokinesis is fun.
Struggling to remember what and why I did things when I was here the last time.

Aero
Palom
Palom

Postby Aero » Tue Aug 23, 2016 2:17 pm

Oh shit, Joey's esoteric rules strike again.

Danny
Mario
Mario
Chat Username: Syndrilevosse#3884

Postby Danny » Tue Aug 23, 2016 5:57 pm

AeroMatter wrote:Oh shit, Joey's esoteric rules strike again.
You know, I'm probably going to get shot for this, but I would just like to point out one major thing.

Back a few years ago, when you were in position as a moderator on this very forum, following the same "esoteric rules", you told me one thing that stood out in your character since the day I got to know you, and you said this exact thing in the IRC, right before you kicked me from the channel.

If you don't like it, then you can leave.
I used to be 8bitmushroom but not anymore.
If you need to get in contact with me, message me on Discord, or find me at SMW Central's Discord server where I moderate.

Aero
Palom
Palom

Postby Aero » Tue Aug 23, 2016 7:07 pm

I don't remember that.

PixelPest
Link
Link
Flair: Tamer of Boom Booms
Current Project: Boom Boom Evolution
Chat Username: PixelPest

Postby PixelPest » Tue Aug 23, 2016 8:50 pm

AeroMatter wrote:I don't remember that.
I'm pretty sure I've heard that from you too at some point or another

Shadow Yoshi
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Postby Shadow Yoshi » Tue Aug 23, 2016 9:25 pm

The rules aren't esoteric, just not overly-specific.

Aero
Palom
Palom

Postby Aero » Tue Aug 23, 2016 9:34 pm

PixelPest wrote:

PixelPest
Link
Link
Flair: Tamer of Boom Booms
Current Project: Boom Boom Evolution
Chat Username: PixelPest

Postby PixelPest » Tue Aug 23, 2016 9:36 pm

AeroMatter wrote:
PixelPest wrote:
Just sayin' is all

Cedur
Toad
Toad

Postby Cedur » Sat Aug 27, 2016 2:12 pm

Hey guys, this is something I've seen happening a few times recently.

If you find a spambot, advertising account or other forms of blatant spam, it's better to not interact with these at all. All you need to do is reporting and letting a mod handle it. If you want to express your dismay or otherwisely start your own meme from it, you can still do that on the chat.
More Supports: show

Still using the legacy editor? Get SMBX2 and PGE, it will improve your experience significantly. Here's why. And remember, Yoshis are tools to be used and discarded.

ShadowStarX (06/14/18) wrote: South Korea is easy deal

Yoshi021
Gold Yoshi Egg
Gold Yoshi Egg
Flair: :)
Chat Username: SetaYoshi

Postby Yoshi021 » Sat Aug 27, 2016 2:19 pm

Something that really has to stop is the mockery towards 1.4. It is already enough that it is banned in these forums, but an admin encouraging such a terrible disrespect towards someone else's work should not be allowed.
"Going to University is FUN!"
DOWNLOAD THE SMBX LEVEL PLAYER
CHECK OUT MY NPC PACK

Join the SMBX Episode Project Discord Server

Join the SMBX 38A Discord!

Join the CodeHaus Discord!

Shadow Yoshi
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Postby Shadow Yoshi » Sat Aug 27, 2016 2:24 pm

I don't really think anyone's mocking that build, nor is it "banned" here. We simply don't offer support for it (see: "help and support", not "we don't like it"), as having multiple versions of SMBX floating around all of the boards creates inconsistency. We may see a subforum for this build at some point.

Aero
Palom
Palom

Postby Aero » Sat Aug 27, 2016 2:33 pm

Yoshi021 wrote:Something that really has to stop is the mockery towards 1.4. It is already enough that it is banned in these forums, but an admin encouraging such a terrible disrespect towards someone else's work should not be allowed.
Yeah it's going Too far.

Return to “SuperMarioBrosX.org”