Site Discussion Thread

For topics related to SuperMarioBrosX.org. Suggest anything that you would like to see on the site here.
buddyroach
Fighter Fly
Fighter Fly
Flair: Glitch420
Current Project: Kuribo Red!! Coming Soon!
Chat Username: Twitch

Re: Site Discussion Thread

Postby buddyroach » Thu Dec 01, 2016 8:40 am

It may be your resolution or Browser. It does not happen to me.
nope. i tried it in many browsers. and no matter what my resolution is, it should be the same across all resolutions and devices as far as a good rule of thumb goes when it comes to anyone developing software or websites.
but we figured it out. apparently my browser was caching. I didnt even know about the CTRL-F5 trick. speaking of which, it did the TRICK. lul. I am glad its been resolved.
Click These Spoilers for something awesome!
Spoiler: show
ImageDownload my NPC Editor, Kuribo Blue for free today: DOWNLOAD HERE
Screenshot:
Video:

Imaynotbehere4long
Kamikaze Koopa
Kamikaze Koopa
Current Project: Chaotic Culmination: Universe Rescuer

Postby Imaynotbehere4long » Thu Dec 08, 2016 7:41 pm

Whenever someone posts in the SMBX Wiki thread and I click "view first unread post," I'm always redirected to the top of page 8 of the thread. Anyone else having similar issues?
I've decided to cancel SMBXville Under Seige. After my 1st Senior year of college, I realized I wouldn't have enough time to devote to finishing my four-level episode. Apologies to those who cared.
My favorite quote on the entire forum:
mechamind wrote:
AeroMatter wrote:People who think "autistic" is an adjective and not a verb.
You autistic some people so much with that statement.
My SMBX portfolio:
(includes a Sonic 3D Blast styled level.)
SOMEONE ANSWER MY CRY FOR HELP: http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... =69&t=2026

Danny
Mario
Mario
Chat Username: Syndrilevosse#3884

Postby Danny » Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:17 pm

Imaynotbehere4long wrote:Whenever someone posts in the SMBX Wiki thread and I click "view first unread post," I'm always redirected to the top of page 8 of the thread. Anyone else having similar issues?
If I remember correctly, this was a bug with stickyed threads, and it happens exclusively with them, but I could be wrong. I remember an issue like this was pretty widespread during one of the community contests, because people were brought to the first page, or were told they don't have permission to access the forum. That may have been an issue with announcements though, so I'm not sure.
I used to be 8bitmushroom but not anymore.
If you need to get in contact with me, message me on Discord, or find me at SMW Central's Discord server where I moderate.

RPG_Magician
Pokey
Pokey

Postby RPG_Magician » Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:19 pm

I dunno why, but my Nokia (It's a Self-Defense Mechanism for me) goes nuts when trying to load .gif files on this forum. Pretty much it crashes and freezes my phone for a short extend of time. Perhaps .gifs can be disabled for Nokia Mobile Users?
Image Image

Danny
Mario
Mario
Chat Username: Syndrilevosse#3884

Postby Danny » Thu Dec 08, 2016 11:05 pm

You can't disable gifs or any thing specific for specific users. I think you can hide BBCode, but I think that might disable it for posts you make.
I used to be 8bitmushroom but not anymore.
If you need to get in contact with me, message me on Discord, or find me at SMW Central's Discord server where I moderate.

Cedur
Toad
Toad

Postby Cedur » Fri Dec 09, 2016 3:21 am

How about that

And when I jump to a post (e.g. from search list) then I always get out two or three posts above it for some reason as well
More Supports: show

Still using the legacy editor? Get SMBX2 and PGE, it will improve your experience significantly. Here's why. And remember, Yoshis are tools to be used and discarded.

ShadowStarX (06/14/18) wrote: South Korea is easy deal

RPG_Magician
Pokey
Pokey

Postby RPG_Magician » Fri Dec 09, 2016 3:53 am

Supershroom wrote:How about that

And when I jump to a post (e.g. from search list) then I always get out two or three posts above it for some reason as well
Except I never use my forum account with my phone. I guess I'll have to start doing that.
Image Image

Snessy the duck
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa
Current Project: idk lol

Postby Snessy the duck » Fri Dec 09, 2016 6:58 am

Imaynotbehere4long wrote:Whenever someone posts in the SMBX Wiki thread and I click "view first unread post," I'm always redirected to the top of page 8 of the thread. Anyone else having similar issues?
I'm having the exact same problem. Glad I'm not the only one with that problem!

My Switch friend code: SW-5399-6466-3493

Pseudo
Peach
Peach
Current Project: ???

Postby Pseudo » Fri Dec 09, 2016 4:12 pm

Yeah, this happens to me too. It's a sticky problem I guess as Syndrilevosse said.
its ya girl pseudo and im back on a provisional basis

"sterydy Behemoth expiable novae iconically night owl ticklish turbocharger bactrian riveting . Solidus quits frothy managua scrimper shadowy enthusiastically rearrangement curviness matronliness pinyin piroshki gradual hysterically locker room versed . Horrendous unicorn transnational parka lasso very forbiddingly laborsaving cochabamba hair-raising floozy philter transnational ."
- a spam account, 2016

Cedur
Toad
Toad

Postby Cedur » Sat Dec 10, 2016 3:51 pm

Interestingly, does it happen on any other sticky thread? I don't have this specific issue (like I said jumping to a post from a search is messy for me)

Still using the legacy editor? Get SMBX2 and PGE, it will improve your experience significantly. Here's why. And remember, Yoshis are tools to be used and discarded.

Imaynotbehere4long
Kamikaze Koopa
Kamikaze Koopa

Postby Imaynotbehere4long » Sat Dec 10, 2016 8:39 pm

Supershroom wrote:does it happen on any other sticky thread?
Nope; it only happens with the SMBX Wiki thread as far as I can tell.
I've decided to cancel SMBXville Under Seige. After my 1st Senior year of college, I realized I wouldn't have enough time to devote to finishing my four-level episode. Apologies to those who cared.
mechamind wrote:
My SMBX portfolio:
SOMEONE ANSWER MY CRY FOR HELP: http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... =69&t=2026

Electriking
Flair: I have NO idea what to put here
Current Project: Something
Chat Username: ElectriKing

Postby Electriking » Sun Dec 11, 2016 4:08 pm

Imaynotbehere4long wrote:
Supershroom wrote:does it happen on any other sticky thread?
Nope; it only happens with the SMBX Wiki thread as far as I can tell.
For me it sent me to Page 8 once. Seems weird that this is only happening in one thread, is this a recurrence?
SMM2 ID: JJF-P7G-FSF

Imaynotbehere4long
Kamikaze Koopa
Kamikaze Koopa

Postby Imaynotbehere4long » Tue Dec 13, 2016 12:46 pm

King of Eterity wrote:For me it sent me to Page 8 once. Seems weird that this is only happening in one thread, is this a recurrence?
Yes, it happens each time the thread gets bumped and I click "view first unread post," and it only happens with that thread.
mechamind wrote:
My SMBX portfolio:

bossedit8
Banned
Current Project: Airship Attack 2
Chat Username: <3 bossedit8 <3

Postby bossedit8 » Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:53 pm

Apparently when I try to delete my lastest post on a topic while editing one I'm unable to delete it but when I use the X button to delete the post it works what it should be.
Happens to any forum categories I'm in. Not too sure what is up with that but I'd say it's just minor issues I guess. Not that I really mind it that much but just a notice.

Electriking

Postby Electriking » Wed Dec 14, 2016 11:39 am

bossedit8 wrote:Apparently when I try to delete my lastest post on a topic while editing one I'm unable to delete it but when I use the X button to delete the post it works what it should be.
Happens to any forum categories I'm in. Not too sure what is up with that but I'd say it's just minor issues I guess. Not that I really mind it that much but just a notice.
Weird, I guess it may be a minor issue of phpBB, which may mean it is not fixable by the admins.

darkhog
Rex
Rex
Current Project: something grand...
Chat Username: Darkhog

Postby darkhog » Sat Dec 17, 2016 2:28 pm

Info about 2.0 should be added to the landing page, even if it's just "Hey! you can now try new 2.0 version with an improved editor here!" box. I've thought when loading it when I had this episode idea (before I was just lurker and player of existing content) and I've thought the project isn't being developed anymore (while lurking I was just visiting episodes and levels section and that's it) so I've registered on forums with the intention of asking about it then noticed 2.0 thread - which average Mario fan may not do seeing last release date, mind you, because from what's on the landing page right now... for all the intents and purposes the project seems dead even if it isn't.

Shadow Yoshi
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Postby Shadow Yoshi » Sat Dec 17, 2016 2:34 pm

2.0 hasn't been officially released yet. Once the preparation time (on our end) for that comes around you'll see updates to the site.

Cedur
Toad
Toad

Postby Cedur » Sat Dec 17, 2016 3:10 pm

On the other hand, I think at least just a quick mentioning of 2.0 on the index page is worth considering at the moment

PixelPest
Link
Link
Flair: Tamer of Boom Booms
Current Project: Boom Boom Evolution
Chat Username: PixelPest

Postby PixelPest » Sat Dec 17, 2016 3:26 pm

Supershroom wrote:On the other hand, I think at least just a quick mentioning of 2.0 on the index page is worth considering at the moment
I agree that this would be a good idea

Electriking

Postby Electriking » Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:11 pm

Yeah there should be something on the home page like try out the open beta for 2.0 so that less people waste time learning the legacy editor and then being daunted over an editor that is actually easier to use, especially considering if the legacy editor will be removed completely.

Return to “SuperMarioBrosX.org”