Site Discussion Thread

For topics related to SuperMarioBrosX.org. Suggest anything that you would like to see on the site here.
PixelPest
Link
Link
Flair: Tamer of Boom Booms
Current Project: Boom Boom Evolution
Chat Username: PixelPest

Re: Site Discussion Thread

Postby PixelPest » Tue Dec 27, 2016 4:05 pm

All of the tags are literally right above the text box. And in regards to the preview button, we shouldn't have to cater in every way to the lowest, laziest denominator

Electriking
Flair: I have NO idea what to put here
Current Project: Something
Chat Username: ElectriKing

Re: SOOOOOO MUCH SCAMMING COMMERICALS

Postby Electriking » Tue Dec 27, 2016 5:54 pm

Snessy the duck wrote:
arcade999 wrote:I was on the forum and then, i see this:
When i see those bullshit scams, it alway make me laugh to see how bad is the ad! :lol:
You could always install an Adblocker!
Problem is, that is not always allowed by the site's TOS and will ban those who use such extensions (mainly to ensure they make enough money).
SMM2 ID: JJF-P7G-FSF

Shadow Yoshi
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Postby Shadow Yoshi » Tue Dec 27, 2016 8:31 pm

Nobody has ever or will ever be banned from this site for using an ad blocker, and I don't think anything about that is mentioned in any TOS (the only TOS that I know of on this site is the one you agree to when registering a forum account). I also have never and will never make decisions related to banning users for the purpose of financial gain.

Rhosty
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa
Flair: All toasters toast toast
Current Project: Nothing
Chat Username: practical

Postby Rhosty » Tue Dec 27, 2016 10:07 pm

Joey wrote:Nobody has ever or will ever be banned from this site for using an ad blocker, and I don't think anything about that is mentioned in any TOS (the only TOS that I know of on this site is the one you agree to when registering a forum account). I also have never and will never make decisions related to banning users for the purpose of financial gain.
That's nice to know because the Chrome browser on my laptop had a built in adblocker, but now because my laptop is potentionally dead from a spill, I'm using my Wii's Internet Channel, which doesn't have an adblocker. So even if the use of an adblocker was prohibited on this site, I wouldn't have to worry about getting banned.

Rhosty
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa
Flair: All toasters toast toast
Current Project: Nothing
Chat Username: practical

Re: SOOOOOO MUCH SCAMMING COMMERICALS

Postby Rhosty » Tue Dec 27, 2016 10:19 pm

King of Eterity wrote:
Snessy the duck wrote:
arcade999 wrote:I was on the forum and then, i see this:
When i see those bullshit scams, it alway make me laugh to see how bad is the ad! :lol:
You could always install an Adblocker!
Problem is, that is not always allowed by the site's TOS and will ban those who use such extensions (mainly to ensure they make enough money).
Most of the time I get ads, but they're never PC related because I'm not on a PC, they're either TV show ads, Nintendo ads, book ads, or no ads, because my Wii's browser uses Adobe Flash Lite 3.0, and some elements don't always load, and it's almost always ad elements.

Shadow Yoshi
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Postby Shadow Yoshi » Wed Dec 28, 2016 4:35 pm

RE: more board styles

For anyone interested in creating new styles, download this zipped folder which contains all the images you can to replace as well as a text file for specifying additional color changes. Feel free to send something to me and I can take a look.

Radiance
Level Reviewer
Level Reviewer
Current Project: viewtopic.php?t=16308

Postby Radiance » Wed Dec 28, 2016 7:53 pm

RE: more board styles
Yey! And can we do non-Mario theme or no?

Kley
Edge
Edge
Flair: Robot
Chat Username: Kley

Postby Kley » Wed Dec 28, 2016 8:02 pm

Mr Briney wrote:RE: more board styles
Yey! And can we do non-Mario theme or no?
Feel free, but I mean, this is a Mario forum. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Radiance
Level Reviewer
Level Reviewer

Postby Radiance » Wed Dec 28, 2016 8:07 pm

That's why I asked. Because I'm doubting to make non-Mario theme. :lol:

Kley
Edge
Edge
Flair: Robot
Chat Username: Kley

Postby Kley » Wed Dec 28, 2016 8:16 pm

Mr Briney wrote:That's why I asked. Because I'm doubting to make non-Mario theme. :lol:
If you don't want a non-mario theme, you have the original Pro Silver look too

UCP>Board Preferences>My Board Style

Radiance
Level Reviewer
Level Reviewer

Postby Radiance » Wed Dec 28, 2016 8:28 pm

Thanks for the tip!

Pseudo
Peach
Peach
Current Project: ???

Postby Pseudo » Sat Jan 07, 2017 1:53 pm

Tiny change, but the arrows in the page number selection here on the forums just changed to an arrow icon from SMB3, didn't they? That's pretty cool.
its ya girl pseudo and im back on a provisional basis

"sterydy Behemoth expiable novae iconically night owl ticklish turbocharger bactrian riveting . Solidus quits frothy managua scrimper shadowy enthusiastically rearrangement curviness matronliness pinyin piroshki gradual hysterically locker room versed . Horrendous unicorn transnational parka lasso very forbiddingly laborsaving cochabamba hair-raising floozy philter transnational ."
- a spam account, 2016

Shadow Yoshi
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Postby Shadow Yoshi » Sat Jan 07, 2017 2:47 pm

Yep, I changed that and the jump button before sending out the zipfile of theme materials. Also, for those who haven't noticed, the yellow hover color was changed to a deeper yellow for nearly all links on the SMBX site.
Mr Briney wrote:Yey! And can we do non-Mario theme or no?
If by non-Mario you mean Metroid, Zelda, Pokémon, or some other game, then yes. If you meant something more like prosilver or an otherwise generic board theme, then no.

Snessy the duck
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa
Current Project: idk lol

Postby Snessy the duck » Sun Jan 08, 2017 4:43 am

Yeah, I've noitched the jump and arrows are different, and they look pretty cool! Also, why exactly did you change the yellow color?

My Switch friend code: SW-5399-6466-3493

Shadow Yoshi
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Postby Shadow Yoshi » Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:42 am

The old yellow was a Redigit color that may not have actually existed in any Mario game. The new color is found on the SMB3 star in SMBX, and it looks better.

Snessy the duck
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa

Postby Snessy the duck » Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:33 am

It does look better, and it's a bit more visible.

Anyways, there's a lot of icons on the site which don't make much sense to me and I believe should be changed, like:

The chat icon should be replaced with something like the SMW message box. Also, since pretty much everyone uses Discord by now, there's not much point in the IRC anymore, better to just have it replaced with a link to the discord server.

Most of the icons in the drop down quick links are the same, which can cause confusion, and I belive this should be changed.

The dead Mario with the edit button should be replaced with something else, like the Mario Paint cursor. Also, the delete icon is just an X, and I think it should be styled like the edit and quote buttons with the Mario Paint eraser.

I also think the site should use more custom icons rather than just SMAS/SMW sprites, since there's a lot of clash, and a lot of the icons aren't very descriptive, and having things like custom SMB3 sprites would help.

Fuyu
Wart
Wart
Current Project: It's a secret to everybody ...
Chat Username: take a guess

Postby Fuyu » Sun Jan 08, 2017 3:26 pm

@Snessy the duck: All icons used in this theme belong on SMBX, since this is an SMBX forum. Having non-SMBX icons in this theme wouldn't make sense. Of course, they might look better that way, but that wouldn't do much honor to SMBX.
Discord quotes
Trace: You're a capable boi

Cedur
Toad
Toad

Postby Cedur » Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:25 am

Well, the difference on the yellow is so tiny that I don't even notice any difference.

The jump arrows are really cool. And yeah, I already mentioned the suggestion of replacing the dead Mario icon
More Supports: show

Still using the legacy editor? Get SMBX2 and PGE, it will improve your experience significantly. Here's why. And remember, Yoshis are tools to be used and discarded.

ShadowStarX (06/14/18) wrote: South Korea is easy deal

Snessy the duck
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa

Postby Snessy the duck » Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:03 pm

Intuition wrote:@Snessy the duck: All icons used in this theme belong on SMBX, since this is an SMBX forum. Having non-SMBX icons in this theme wouldn't make sense. Of course, they might look better that way, but that wouldn't do much honor to SMBX.
The Mario Paint icon and Eraser and SMW Message Box are in SMBX. Also, I think the site could use some more CGFX since that's actually a large part of SMBX if you think about it. Also, the new jump icon is custom, so there's that.

Paper
Birdo
Birdo

Postby Paper » Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:00 pm

Extremely minor thing, but would it be possible to make banned users not show up in the default members list, and you can only find them specifically by looking under banned users?
Steam:
Spoiler: show
YouTube Channel: Twitch Channel:

Return to “SuperMarioBrosX.org”