Site Discussion Thread

For topics related to SuperMarioBrosX.org. Suggest anything that you would like to see on the site here.
SnifitGuy
Birdo
Birdo

Re: Site Discussion Thread

Postby SnifitGuy » Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:28 pm

GhostHawk wrote:Frankly I'd like a Wiki group or something to help with wiki activity since mostly everyone (even including myself) has lost motive to contribute.
I agree. There should be a group called "Wiki Contributors" or something like that. It would be one of the lower-class groups, but it would be good for people who contribute a decent amount to the wiki and for them to be recognized as contributors. Also, it would encourage people to contribute to the wiki, since it would be somewhat easy to join (theoretically, of course. You administrators allow people to join however you want) because all people would have to do is contribute a fair amount to the wiki.

Aero
Palom
Palom
Flair: Pirate economy

Postby Aero » Sun Aug 31, 2014 1:21 am

Joey wrote:In response to "wiki group", while I'd rather not make an actual usergroup on the forums yet, I'd be willing to promote some more wiki staff.
This sounds good too, whatever works really. The medals suggestion could also help with this too since there was discussion about wiki related medals.

FanofSMBX
Bowser
Bowser

Postby FanofSMBX » Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:00 am

I saw this on talkhaus
"Also you guys should get an actual name or something because having to say "the SMBX community" to refer to you is dumb. How about SMBXhaus or SMBXCentral"
I don't agree with the tone but I agree with the message. "The SMBX conmunity" creates ambiguity not only in general but between this and the 2009 forums.

...and if I were to be honest I would say it sounds sorta hubristic for someone (Joey's the main example, but if Quill called this "SMBX community" on mfgg I would still be bothered) to claim that this is "the" forum. Not as in "the most popular SMBX forum" which would be true, but the idea that that popularity MAKES it "the SMBX forum"

I believe in Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. If you do, put this in your signature.
My graphics pack!
Supporting forums:

Spoiler: show
SMBX Galaxy forum by Pivot40Channel
http://smbxgalaxy.prophpbb.com/
Come to the SMBX+ forums by illias3000. There is a whole forum category dedicated to the boss rush series with official rushes, submit bosses, and fan boss rushes! It is still open but AirSeus Forums is now open:
http://nsmbx.prophpbb.com/
AirSeus Forums the new home of the Boss Rush series:
http://smbxairseusforums.prophpbb.com/
First to discover:
Spark
Eerie
Grinder
Rainbow Shell
Birdo
Boom Boom
KINGBOWSER112 RULES!

Pseudo
Peach
Peach

Postby Pseudo » Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:36 am

^
Eh as far as I know there are no other claimants to "The SMBX forum" title at this point - Super Mario Universe (reghrhre and CaptainSyrup's forum, for those of you who don't know) is a general Mario forum though it includes an SMBX section, and all of the other former competitors for the title, including Knuxforums, are closed and/or deleted at this point. Doesn't seem like a problem to me.

As for a site name though that seems like a fair enough point - I suppose we could use a name of some kind. SMBXCentral sounds pretty good to me but I feel like people would get us confused with SMWCentral, probably not the best. SMBXhaus is just silly but I think the guy who said it knew that.

I would support a more "legitimate" name for this forum though. Whoever said this made a lot of sense.
its ya girl pseudo and im back on a provisional basis

"sterydy Behemoth expiable novae iconically night owl ticklish turbocharger bactrian riveting . Solidus quits frothy managua scrimper shadowy enthusiastically rearrangement curviness matronliness pinyin piroshki gradual hysterically locker room versed . Horrendous unicorn transnational parka lasso very forbiddingly laborsaving cochabamba hair-raising floozy philter transnational ."
- a spam account, 2016

Aero
Palom
Palom
Flair: Pirate economy

Postby Aero » Sun Aug 31, 2014 3:12 am

FanofSMBX wrote:I saw this on talkhaus
"Also you guys should get an actual name or something because having to say "the SMBX community" to refer to you is dumb. How about SMBXhaus or SMBXCentral"
I don't agree with the tone but I agree with the message. "The SMBX conmunity" creates ambiguity not only in general but between this and the 2009 forums.

...and if I were to be honest I would say it sounds sorta hubristic for someone (Joey's the main example, but if Quill called this "SMBX community" on mfgg I would still be bothered) to claim that this is "the" forum. Not as in "the most popular SMBX forum" which would be true, but the idea that that popularity MAKES it "the SMBX forum"
Well if it counts the 2009 forum is usually called the SMB.org forum, Knux's forum was called Knuxforums, and this site has been called the SMBX.org forum. Each have their own name but generally people from "the community" call this "the community" if that makes sense.

Nanaya Jacob
Birdo
Birdo
Flair: When's Mafia

Postby Nanaya Jacob » Sun Aug 31, 2014 3:14 am

Well the things we need are medals of course, a wiki contributors group, gfx page updated, so more staff live game masters and administrators (not that many admins though, just like 3 more), more level desihners because there are a lot of level designers but not in a group, people to put a stop to joke levels, more mafia games, a gfx maker group, smbx updaters, and an option to be put on vacation. (Maybe, idk for the vaction.)
CurrentBIGMOOD11/9/18: show
Don't expect me to do anything SMBX related, I'm only really here for nostalgia and Mafia.
Danny wrote:Here's some constructive criticism: What the hell.
1 wrote:Mafia is such a riveting game when you make accusations on Night fucking 1 ain't it?

glitch4
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa

Postby glitch4 » Sun Aug 31, 2014 4:48 am

SMBXCentral could be called because of the Youtube channel:

Mable
Peach
Peach

Postby Mable » Sun Aug 31, 2014 6:39 am

The only problem is that the Youtube Channel is ded like shit.

Fuyu
Wart
Wart

Postby Fuyu » Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:04 am

What we appear to need is a certain group responsible for managing the forum's YouTube Channel and the Wiki itself. A group that does what the Staff is unable to focus on for the moment. Even if temporal, a supportive group that could lend a hand. That's what I think it would save some work to the staff and speed up things a little bit.

Mable
Peach
Peach

Postby Mable » Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:41 am

Also updating SMBXWorlds would be nice.

Shadow Yoshi
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Postby Shadow Yoshi » Sun Aug 31, 2014 12:58 pm

FanofSMBX wrote:I saw this on talkhaus
I don't think that "the SMBX community" is a dumb way to refer to us. I've seen people say "the SMBX forums" or just "SMBX". We don't really need a name like what's been suggested.
FanofSMBX wrote:...and if I were to be honest I would say it sounds sorta hubristic for someone (Joey's the main example, but if Quill called this "SMBX community" on mfgg I would still be bothered) to claim that this is "the" forum. Not as in "the most popular SMBX forum" which would be true, but the idea that that popularity MAKES it "the SMBX forum"
It is, though.

lighthouse64
Mouser
Mouser

Postby lighthouse64 » Sun Aug 31, 2014 1:01 pm

Seems like the time isn't very accurate. Maybe try using this code???

Code: Select all

<div align ="left">
<span id=tick2>
</span>
<script>
function show2(){
if (!document.all&&!document.getElementById)
return
thelement=document.getElementById? document.getElementById("tick2"): document.all.tick2
var word ="Time";
var Digital=new Date();
var hours=Digital.getHours();
var minutes=Digital.getMinutes();
var dn="PM";
if (hours<12)
dn="AM";
if (hours>12)
hours=hours-12
if (hours==0)
hours=12
if (minutes<=9)
minutes="0"+minutes;
var ctime= word+": "+hours+":"+minutes+""+dn;
thelement.innerHTML="<b style='font-size:14;color:blue;'>"+ctime+"</b>"
setTimeout("show2()",1000)
}
window.onload=show2
</script>
</div>
Just a suggestion on an update for the website. ;) Also That code works.
Just your average user...

Oh, and sometimes I arrange stuff like this :P https://www.noteflight.com/scores/view/ ... 25261b1a11

Shadow Yoshi
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Postby Shadow Yoshi » Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:20 am

Does anybody have suggestions for stuff to put on the episodes/graphics pages? I'm already going to include links to previously featured content as well as official episodes/CGFX pack, but I'm sure we could find some other things to put there.

Magna
Banned

Postby Magna » Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:22 am

Joey wrote:Does anybody have suggestions for stuff to put on the episodes/graphics pages? I'm already going to include links to previously featured content as well as official episodes/CGFX pack, but I'm sure we could find some other things to put there.
Put links to all the GFX packs listed in the GFX Index thread.
Join this great chill forum here: http://forums.krazynet.net

zioy
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa

Postby zioy » Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:03 pm

I think that once castlewars finished the TCGA Remake, it should be featured.

HenryRichard
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa
Flair: Is this where I type my password?

Postby HenryRichard » Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:56 pm

This may be a really stupid idea, but here goes.

You should have Graphics Judges. They would judge graphics depending on how good they are. If they are broken, messed up, or just downright horrible, they would go in the trashcan. Then you could have different sub-forums for other levels of brilliance, and then a graphics pack subforum.

Again, this might be a stupid idea that shouldn't even exist, but hopefully it's a good one.
Jesus is my savior.

FanofSMBX
Bowser
Bowser

Postby FanofSMBX » Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:57 pm

Speaking of the trashcan, I stand by my assertion that that name is plain patronizing.

I believe in Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. If you do, put this in your signature.
My graphics pack!
Supporting forums:

Come to the SMBX+ forums by illias3000. There is a whole forum category dedicated to the boss rush series with official rushes, submit bosses, and fan boss rushes! It is still open but AirSeus Forums is now open:
First to discover:
Spark
Eerie
Grinder
Rainbow Shell
Birdo
Boom Boom
KINGBOWSER112 RULES!

Fuyu
Wart
Wart

Postby Fuyu » Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:59 pm

We seriously need a mammoth place, who agrees?

Oh, and I think the there should be a rule that limits the maximum size of images in the signature, or the signature in general. It's rather annoying to search anything on it or just pass through when the user's signature is so damn big.

FanofSMBX
Bowser
Bowser

Postby FanofSMBX » Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:42 pm

You can just PM someone and ask them to put their signature in a spoiler.

My graphics pack!
Supporting forums:

First to discover:
Spark
Eerie
Grinder
Rainbow Shell
Birdo
Boom Boom
KINGBOWSER112 RULES!

zioy
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa

Postby zioy » Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:36 pm

Or you could just disable signatures in UCP...

Return to “SuperMarioBrosX.org”