Site Discussion Thread

For topics related to SuperMarioBrosX.org. Suggest anything that you would like to see on the site here.
User avatar
lighthouse64
Mouser
Mouser
Posts: 1820
Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2014 6:28 am
Current Project: Soundtrack stuff

Re: Site Discussion Thread

Postby lighthouse64 » Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:15 am

GLD4 wrote:Do you want 200 SMBX screenshot threads? Well, than don't approve my suggestion, then.

Unless in ucp you can change how many posts per page you want, heh.
Why do we always need to lock topics after there have been 100 posts anyway.
Just your average user...

Oh, and sometimes I arrange stuff like this :P https://www.noteflight.com/scores/view/ ... 25261b1a11

User avatar
RudeGuy
Luigi
Luigi
Posts: 4992
Joined: Fri Dec 27, 2013 7:36 am
Flair: local guy
Current Project: a random smw hack
Chat Username: rudeguy

Re: Site Discussion Thread

Postby RudeGuy » Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:33 am

lighthouse64 wrote:
GLD4 wrote:Do you want 200 SMBX screenshot threads? Well, than don't approve my suggestion, then.

Unless in ucp you can change how many posts per page you want, heh.
Why do we always need to lock topics after there have been 100 posts anyway.
So things get easier to search. Joey said this one time.
im bored

User avatar
Fuyu
Wart
Wart
Posts: 3059
Joined: Sat Dec 21, 2013 2:40 pm
Current Project: Super Mario Fantasy
Chat Username: take a guess

Re: Site Discussion Thread

Postby Fuyu » Mon Sep 15, 2014 2:29 pm

It appears there's a problem with the red fireball image that appears on the left of each thread with unread posts. I don't know if other people have the same problem that I have, but appearently, whenever I click on the red fireball it redirects me to the very first page where the first unread posts is located instead of taking me to the first unread post. I've tried reloading the page and clicking on the red fireball several times and it still happens.
Image

User avatar
Imaynotbehere4long
Kamikaze Koopa
Kamikaze Koopa
Posts: 1389
Joined: Thu Jan 23, 2014 3:00 pm
Current Project: Chaotic Culmination: Universe Rescuer

Re: Site Discussion Thread

Postby Imaynotbehere4long » Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:16 pm

Natsu wrote:whenever I click on the red fireball it redirects me to the very first page where the first unread posts is located instead of taking me to the first unread post.
I actually have a similar problem: if the first unread post isn't on the last page of the thread, I will be redirected to the top of the last page instead of the first unread post.
Joey wrote:Does anybody have suggestions for stuff to put on the episodes/graphics pages? I'm already going to include links to previously featured content as well as official episodes
By this, do you mean episodes like SMB: A New Beginning, Mario Classic, Super Mario Eternal Chaos, New Super Mario Galaxy X, Super Mario Star Expedition, etc.? If not, that's what I'd like to see added to SMBX Worlds.
I've decided to cancel SMBXville Under Seige. After my 1st Senior year of college, I realized I wouldn't have enough time to devote to finishing my four-level episode. Apologies to those who cared.
My favorite quote on the entire forum:
Spoiler: show
mechamind wrote:
AeroMatter wrote:People who think "autistic" is an adjective and not a verb.
You autistic some people so much with that statement.
My SMBX portfolio:
Spoiler: show
Image
(includes a Sonic 3D Blast styled level.)
SOMEONE ANSWER MY CRY FOR HELP: http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... =69&t=2026

User avatar
Shadow Yoshi
Dark Knight
Dark Knight
Posts: 4301
Joined: Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:56 pm

Re: Site Discussion Thread

Postby Shadow Yoshi » Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:19 pm

I'm not having any problems with the First Unread Post link.

Imaynotbehere4long: None of those are specifically "official" episodes but I suppose we could link to them.

User avatar
Imaynotbehere4long
Kamikaze Koopa
Kamikaze Koopa
Posts: 1389
Joined: Thu Jan 23, 2014 3:00 pm
Current Project: Chaotic Culmination: Universe Rescuer

Re: Site Discussion Thread

Postby Imaynotbehere4long » Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:26 pm

Joey wrote:None of those are specifically "official" episodes but I suppose we could link to them.
Well, you said "previously featured content," and the episodes that I listed were featured on Knux's forums, which is why I wasn't sure if you were talking about them or not.
I've decided to cancel SMBXville Under Seige. After my 1st Senior year of college, I realized I wouldn't have enough time to devote to finishing my four-level episode. Apologies to those who cared.
My favorite quote on the entire forum:
Spoiler: show
mechamind wrote:
AeroMatter wrote:People who think "autistic" is an adjective and not a verb.
You autistic some people so much with that statement.
My SMBX portfolio:
Spoiler: show
Image
(includes a Sonic 3D Blast styled level.)
SOMEONE ANSWER MY CRY FOR HELP: http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... =69&t=2026

User avatar
Fuyu
Wart
Wart
Posts: 3059
Joined: Sat Dec 21, 2013 2:40 pm
Current Project: Super Mario Fantasy
Chat Username: take a guess

Re: Site Discussion Thread

Postby Fuyu » Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:37 pm

It seems the problem with red fireball links is solved for me now, but I don't know if it may happen again. I'll post here again if this issue happens to come back.
Image

User avatar
Shadow Yoshi
Dark Knight
Dark Knight
Posts: 4301
Joined: Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:56 pm

Re: Site Discussion Thread

Postby Shadow Yoshi » Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:55 pm

Imaynotbehere4long wrote:
Joey wrote:None of those are specifically "official" episodes but I suppose we could link to them.
Well, you said "previously featured content," and the episodes that I listed were featured on Knux's forums, which is why I wasn't sure if you were talking about them or not.
I meant featured here on the SMBX forums, not on Knux's Forum.

Mable
Peach
Peach
Posts: 5835
Joined: Sat Dec 21, 2013 4:23 am
Current Project: Account soon to be deleted
Chat Username: Account soon to be d
Contact:

Re: Site Discussion Thread

Postby Mable » Sun Sep 21, 2014 4:31 pm

Joey wrote:I'm not having any problems with the First Unread Post link.

Imaynotbehere4long: None of those are specifically "official" episodes but I suppose we could link to them.
More unofficial ones should get support not just official ones...

User avatar
zioy
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa
Posts: 2733
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2014 4:47 pm
Current Project: life
Chat Username: zioy
Contact:

Re: Site Discussion Thread

Postby zioy » Sun Sep 21, 2014 4:34 pm

Somethings happening. I can sense it.
First, Joey asks for suggestions for new stuff on smbx.org
Next, GMs are promoted. And now, Quill has been demoted.... Hmmmm

silent_
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa
Posts: 2157
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:34 pm
Current Project: something

Re: Site Discussion Thread

Postby silent_ » Sun Sep 21, 2014 4:41 pm

Whoa whoa... Quill was demoted? I could understand if you found him an irresponsible administrator, but he still had a way of being there when you needed him, and he handled spam attacks very well and I hate to say it, but he handled spam attacks even better than you, Joey. All in all, I think it was a bad move to demote him and I wished you would have kept him. Oh, and if you really do plan to take his position away permanently, could you maybe add another administrator to the team? I feel two is too little.
previously known as Kep

User avatar
zioy
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa
Posts: 2733
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2014 4:47 pm
Current Project: life
Chat Username: zioy
Contact:

Re: Site Discussion Thread

Postby zioy » Sun Sep 21, 2014 4:43 pm

Kep wrote:Whoa whoa... Quill was demoted? I could understand if you found him an irresponsible administrator, but he still had a way of being there when you needed him, and he handled spam attacks very well and I hate to say it, but he handled spam attacks even better than you, Joey. All in all, I think it was a bad move to demote him and I wished you would have kept him. Oh, and if you really do plan to take his position away permanently, could you maybe add another administrator to the team? I feel two is too little.
I say we need 3 admins and 5 moderators and that's balanced enough.

User avatar
Aero
Palom
Palom
Posts: 4639
Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:51 pm
Flair: Pirate economy
Chat Username: aero

Re: Site Discussion Thread

Postby Aero » Sun Sep 21, 2014 4:49 pm

Kep wrote:Whoa whoa... Quill was demoted? I could understand if you found him an irresponsible administrator, but he still had a way of being there when you needed him, and he handled spam attacks very well and I hate to say it, but he handled spam attacks even better than you, Joey. All in all, I think it was a bad move to demote him and I wished you would have kept him. Oh, and if you really do plan to take his position away permanently, could you maybe add another administrator to the team? I feel two is too little.
He resigned, not demoted.

User avatar
zioy
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa
Posts: 2733
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2014 4:47 pm
Current Project: life
Chat Username: zioy
Contact:

Re: Site Discussion Thread

Postby zioy » Sun Sep 21, 2014 4:50 pm

In that case we need somebody to take his place.
New election perhaps?

silent_
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa
Posts: 2157
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:34 pm
Current Project: something

Re: Site Discussion Thread

Postby silent_ » Sun Sep 21, 2014 4:52 pm

KoolKat wrote:New election perhaps?
NO NO NO NO NO

Seriously, the staff election caused so much unnecessary drama and it was one of the worst things that ever happened to the community.
Please just no.

P.S. GhostHawk thanks for telling me that, I didn't realize he resigned.
previously known as Kep

User avatar
zioy
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa
Posts: 2733
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2014 4:47 pm
Current Project: life
Chat Username: zioy
Contact:

Re: Site Discussion Thread

Postby zioy » Sun Sep 21, 2014 4:53 pm

Kep wrote:
KoolKat wrote:New election perhaps?
NO NO NO NO NO

Seriously, the staff election caused so much unnecessary drama and it was one of the worst things that ever happened to the community.
Please just no.

P.S. GhostHawk thanks for telling me that, I didn't realize he resigned.
Good point. I'd like to see who the new staff would be.
I think Ignoritus or GhostHawk would make a good admin
And the new moderator..... Hard decision

User avatar
Aero
Palom
Palom
Posts: 4639
Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:51 pm
Flair: Pirate economy
Chat Username: aero

Re: Site Discussion Thread

Postby Aero » Sun Sep 21, 2014 4:58 pm

KoolKat wrote:Good point. I'd like to see who the new staff would be.
I think Ignoritus or GhostHawk would make a good admin
And the new moderator..... Hard decision
Campaign season already?
Spoiler: show
Image
But seriously we've done fine without Quill since the spam has stopped for the most part. I think two admins will do for now.

silent_
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa
Posts: 2157
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:34 pm
Current Project: something

Re: Site Discussion Thread

Postby silent_ » Sun Sep 21, 2014 5:01 pm

KoolKat wrote:And the new moderator..... Hard decision
I think Natsu would be a great moderator, but rumor is that Joey won't allow him to have a staff position because he needs to "improve his English". Correct me if I'm wrong. If not Natsu, however, I would like to see Kyo get a moderator position since he had one back in the NSMBX days so he has experience and he's generally a nice and mature fellow. He shines among a majority of the community as well. But under the risk that this isn't the thread to discuss who should be staff, let's drop it.

I would like to see the GFX pipe at the top contain the graphics packs shown in this thread: http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... =31&t=1385. It would be nicer than having a bunch of bold black text saying "Coming soon", at least.
previously known as Kep

User avatar
Shadow Yoshi
Dark Knight
Dark Knight
Posts: 4301
Joined: Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:56 pm

Re: Site Discussion Thread

Postby Shadow Yoshi » Sun Sep 21, 2014 5:11 pm

This is not a thread for discussion on who should/shouldn't have a staff position.

We're not hiring another administrator because we don't need one. And even if we did, we definitely would not have an election.

User avatar
Fuyu
Wart
Wart
Posts: 3059
Joined: Sat Dec 21, 2013 2:40 pm
Current Project: Super Mario Fantasy
Chat Username: take a guess

Re: Site Discussion Thread

Postby Fuyu » Sun Sep 21, 2014 5:20 pm

It's funny how you were annoyed with Quill's position as an Administrator, but now he isn't you start saying it was a bad decision to demote him. Pretty funny if I say so myself.
Image


Return to “SuperMarioBrosX.org”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot] and 6 guests