Dear forum

For topics related to SuperMarioBrosX.org. Suggest anything that you would like to see on the site here.
michel
Banned

Dear forum

Postby michel » Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:55 pm

Your level judges are either awfully slow or on a permanent break.

Love,
Me
Last edited by michel on Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spoiler: show
Escape Chat: http://23.239.11.184/

Shadow Yoshi
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Re: Dear forum

Postby Shadow Yoshi » Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:59 pm

We could hold more applications for judges.

Pseudo
Tellah
Tellah
Current Project: ???

Postby Pseudo » Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:04 pm

I agree with this, I submitted a level two days ago and it's apparently still not judged. I support more applications.
Love and Tolerance FTW!!
previously Pseudo-dino but you probably guessed that yourself

come visit my YouTube channel, where I play games (including smbx)

"sterydy Behemoth expiable novae iconically night owl ticklish turbocharger bactrian riveting . Solidus quits frothy managua scrimper shadowy enthusiastically rearrangement curviness matronliness pinyin piroshki gradual hysterically locker room versed . Horrendous unicorn transnational parka lasso very forbiddingly laborsaving cochabamba hair-raising floozy philter transnational ."
- a spam account 2016

My Switch friend code: 1353 - 7698 - 1308 (add me!)

so... i'm actually a girl

michel
Banned

Postby michel » Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:11 pm

Pseudo-dino wrote:I agree with this, I submitted a level two days ago and it's apparently still not judged. I support more applications.
I submitted one three weeks ago
Spoiler: show
Escape Chat: http://23.239.11.184/

Danny
Mario
Mario
Chat Username: Syndrilevosse#3884

Postby Danny » Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:35 pm

Of course more Level Judges will speed up the slow ones.
I used to be 8bitmushroom but not anymore.
If you need to get in contact with me, message me on Discord.

Bryan
Pokey
Pokey

Postby Bryan » Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:54 pm

It shouldn't be that we need more level judges, it's just that you need to put all the current level judges to work. As always, the level judges group fails to work again. Sincerely, Shade.

Pseudo
Tellah
Tellah
Current Project: ???

Postby Pseudo » Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:28 pm

^What Shade's saying is pretty accurate. The level judges don't even appear to be judging levels. It's not like it takes that long to play one, and the level submission description states that a level only needs to be "average" quality, so it's not like it would take long to approve one.

Also source: I was a level judge on the SMBX United forums for a short period.
Love and Tolerance FTW!!
previously Pseudo-dino but you probably guessed that yourself

come visit my YouTube channel, where I play games (including smbx)

"sterydy Behemoth expiable novae iconically night owl ticklish turbocharger bactrian riveting . Solidus quits frothy managua scrimper shadowy enthusiastically rearrangement curviness matronliness pinyin piroshki gradual hysterically locker room versed . Horrendous unicorn transnational parka lasso very forbiddingly laborsaving cochabamba hair-raising floozy philter transnational ."
- a spam account 2016

My Switch friend code: 1353 - 7698 - 1308 (add me!)

so... i'm actually a girl

reghrhre
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell

Postby reghrhre » Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:36 pm

And this is why the LJ group got removed on NSMBX, Knuxs, and Revived, Level Judges just stop reviewing after some time and nothing gets done, it's already happening here and the same will happen even if we get more judges, no one's that dedicated enough to review which is why I suggest we remove the group if you ask me

Shadow Yoshi
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Postby Shadow Yoshi » Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:09 pm

Aeon notified us that he wasn't going to be reviewing. Raster asked to be demoted for personal reasons.

Not sure about Beyond and SuperMario7, but we'll need more judges regardless.

Bryan
Pokey
Pokey

Postby Bryan » Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:47 pm

No reviews seem to be getting done, the level judges should just be removed early on, they haven't worked in the presence of any other board and I'm more than sure that they won't work here either. Really? Why hire more if the current ones aren't doing crud? It basically means no matter what you do or how many level judges you choose to hire it won't work out. Just remove them! Users should just share their levels and the community can respond with feedback. See! no need for any level judges if you ask me. Regular members can take care of the reviews.

Magician
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus

Postby Magician » Fri Jan 10, 2014 3:26 am

Maybe one of the staff members could delegate reviews? For example in order to split the work evenly and to account for when people are on break or whatever, you turn to the judges and divide the unreviewed levels among the ones who are active. That way the workload might feel less daunting and specific people would be held accountable for specific levels that were not reviewed.

bossedit8
Toad
Toad
Current Project: Airship Attack 2
Chat Username: <3 bossedit8 <3

Postby bossedit8 » Fri Jan 10, 2014 4:13 am

I was a Level Judge on Knux's and NSMBX Forum but got demoted because I was kinda tired about the whole reviewing the levels. I was never tired by moderating the forum board though. I find this kinda strange how I am full on action by moderating the forums but more like halfway on the action by making reviews. This is just my activity how I was on a Level Judge Group.

Valtteri
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa

Postby Valtteri » Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:40 am

The judges might have given up when all their reviews were deleted and the same levels are now being reposted.

We could start with approving the levels that were approved before the deletion. There's no absolute need to rewrite the reviews.

Bryan
Pokey
Pokey

Postby Bryan » Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:13 am

Valtteri wrote:The judges might have given up when all their reviews were deleted and the same levels are now being reposted.

We could start with approving the levels that were approved before the deletion. There's no absolute need to rewrite the reviews.
Hmm even so... sure the deletion of the first levels submitted to the forums might not need to be reviewed, possibly so, they might have given up on the levels that were deleted during "Knux's" thing, but what makes you think that they will review levels in the future, then there will be no excuse. Everyone knows for a fact that the Level Judges never work out and what makes you think they will work out here. Two have already chosen out and they have been demoted for personal reasons, but if their is already drama and problems about the judges reviewing levels, it is a sign that they won't work out here either. I'm just stating my opinion. One of the only level judges in the community that ever bothered to do most of the level reviews was castlewars himself.

FallingSnow
Ninji
Ninji

Postby FallingSnow » Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:42 pm

Along with what Joey said, I'd say some changes need to be made. I agree with keeping the level judge group and the way submissions work right now, but we do need more judges that will actively judge. And in my opinion, I don't think we really need to limit the amount of level judges - the more the merrier! We can definitely place stricter rules on having them work as well. If they fall out of the spirit of judging, they'll be demoted. If they want to apply again after showing renewed interest, they can be.

And we're sorry, fellow forum members. We'll get the levels reviewed as soon as we can manage.

Shadow Yoshi
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Postby Shadow Yoshi » Fri Jan 10, 2014 6:16 pm

I think Snow's post sums up everything. We'll get some more judges soon.

http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... f=30&t=642

Return to “SuperMarioBrosX.org”