Community Question

For topics related to SuperMarioBrosX.org. Suggest anything that you would like to see on the site here.
LordKofu
Ripper II
Ripper II
Current Project: The Antique Secret of the Four Coins

Community Question

Postby LordKofu » Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:29 pm

Hey, I'm new around this place. :) Hi! :D

Well, the reason I'm posting here is that I'm wondering what's the matter with this forum and Knux' Forum I used before.
I wasn't aware of this "fight" before, so I just want an objective report on what's the problem and why both communities can't
stand each other.

Why isn't anyone behaving mature in these kind of debates? :/

I am new here, and I don't want much hate to be thrown at me, so... :)
If you notice any grammar errors or other language mistakes, please notify me.

My minisode: http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... 36&t=13815

h2643
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa
Current Project: RL
Chat Username: h/a troll

Re: Community Question

Postby h2643 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:42 pm

Hello and welcome! About the fight between forums, I honestly think it's pointless, since we both are same communities with same members (right?).

Btw, 666th post and 13 Up-reps FTW!!

Aristo
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa
Flair: Martyr of SMBXdom
Chat Username: Aristo

Postby Aristo » Mon Nov 24, 2014 2:04 pm

RussianPoop wrote:Why isn't anyone behaving mature in these kind of debates? :/
Says the guy named RussianPoop :D

Nah, jk, you probably ask the people themselves (aka. Knux, Valtteri & Joey) why they can't settle.

Although it seems as if they've made some progress since Knux is unbanned again :L
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

LordKofu
Ripper II
Ripper II

Postby LordKofu » Mon Nov 24, 2014 2:35 pm

GMarinaX wrote:
Says the guy named RussianPoop :D

Nah, jk, you probably ask the people themselves (aka. Knux, Valtteri & Joey) why they can't settle.

Although it seems as if they've made some progress since Knux is unbanned again :L
I did that because I didn't want people to recognize me on other forums in case I am getting negative attention in here. :P

So, I hope this era of war is over soon enough.
:)

Shadow Yoshi
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Postby Shadow Yoshi » Mon Nov 24, 2014 3:48 pm

Hi, welcome to the forums.
RussianPoop wrote:Well, the reason I'm posting here is that I'm wondering what's the matter with this forum and Knux' Forum I used before.
I wasn't aware of this "fight" before, so I just want an objective report on what's the problem and why both communities can't
stand each other.
It wasn't a "fight".

What happened is that a council was put together on Knux's Forums in late 2013 to discuss the future of the community. We decided to roll with the idea of creating a new forum that Knux's and SMBXR could merge into - Knux ended up backing out of the merge, but I opened this forum as expected anyway. Knux, who was an admin here at the time, ended up deleting most of the forum out of spite. People reacted to this decision by flocking over to this forum once it reopened and away from Knux's. The SMBX forums have been located here since these events.
I don't know what prompted you to say this, but there were only a few instances of people acting immature.

SilverDeoxys563
Nipper Plant
Nipper Plant

Postby SilverDeoxys563 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:31 pm

RussianPoop wrote:I did that because I didn't want people to recognize me on other forums in case I am getting negative attention in here. :P
hmm. So

>people see you negatively
>so this must mean you're infamous for something bad

I'll keep my lurking eyes out to see if I can't recognize who you really are. I'll probably fail at it, tho
ImageImage
<Ragont> as303298 the movie.wmmp
In these days, I feel particularly blessed, contented, thankful, and inspired to be Christian.

Please don't Steam message me after midnight, kthx.

LordKofu
Ripper II
Ripper II

Postby LordKofu » Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:35 am

Joey wrote:Hi, welcome to the forums.
RussianPoop wrote:Well, the reason I'm posting here is that I'm wondering what's the matter with this forum and Knux' Forum I used before.
stand each other.
It wasn't a "fight".

What happened is that a council was put together on Knux's Forums in late 2013 to discuss the future of the community. We decided to roll with the idea of creating a new forum that Knux's and SMBXR could merge into - Knux ended up backing out of the merge, but I opened this forum as expected anyway. Knux, who was an admin here at the time, ended up deleting most of the forum out of spite. People reacted to this decision by flocking over to this forum once it reopened and away from Knux's. The SMBX forums have been located here since these events.
I don't know what prompted you to say this, but there were only a few instances of people acting immature.
Oh, that's the story. Well, then thank you very much now that I'm informed. :D

Imaynotbehere4long
Kamikaze Koopa
Kamikaze Koopa
Current Project: Chaotic Culmination: Universe Rescuer

Postby Imaynotbehere4long » Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:47 am

Joey wrote: Knux, who was an admin here at the time, ended up deleting most of the forum out of spite. People reacted to this decision by flocking over to this forum once it reopened and away from Knux's.
I thought the reason most people came here was because Knux's forum (at the time) changed from an SMBX forum to a TaoK forum.
I've decided to cancel SMBXville Under Seige. After my 1st Senior year of college, I realized I wouldn't have enough time to devote to finishing my four-level episode. Apologies to those who cared.
My favorite quote on the entire forum:
Spoiler: show
mechamind wrote:
AeroMatter wrote:People who think "autistic" is an adjective and not a verb.
You autistic some people so much with that statement.
My SMBX portfolio:
Spoiler: show
(includes a Sonic 3D Blast styled level.)
SOMEONE ANSWER MY CRY FOR HELP: http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... =69&t=2026

zioy
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa
Flair: resident cat
Current Project: life
Chat Username: zioy

Postby zioy » Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:52 am

Imaynotbehere4long wrote:
Joey wrote: Knux, who was an admin here at the time, ended up deleting most of the forum out of spite. People reacted to this decision by flocking over to this forum once it reopened and away from Knux's.
I thought the reason most people came here was because Knux's forum (at the time) changed from an SMBX forum to a TaoK forum.
And a Doctor Who forum at one point.

Shadow Yoshi
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Postby Shadow Yoshi » Tue Nov 25, 2014 4:03 pm

Imaynotbehere4long wrote:
That was part of the original plan, but no, that's not what happened.

Yugioer
Bob-omb
Bob-omb

Postby Yugioer » Tue Dec 02, 2014 2:23 pm

Well I don't think that Knux' forum deletion was the start of that "fight".

John The White Yoshi
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell
Current Project: Uknown
Chat Username: jtwy

Postby John The White Yoshi » Wed Dec 10, 2014 4:55 pm

Joey wrote:Hi, welcome to the forums.
stand each other.
It wasn't a "fight".

Yeah. Besides if the problem was with the maturity of the staff (which it isn't), people all over this forum act immature about 50% of the time (no offense to anyone, my opinion is based off how everyone has acted when I'm around and watching this events.).

Return to “SuperMarioBrosX.org”