"Not Authorised to Read Forum"

For topics related to SuperMarioBrosX.org. Suggest anything that you would like to see on the site here.
SnifitGuy
Birdo
Birdo

"Not Authorised to Read Forum"

Postby SnifitGuy » Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:44 pm

Any ideas what these are? I apparently can't get into some topics that other registered users are. I'm not talking about people like level judges and mods and such. I'm talking about average, everyday, users who can read certain forums. Also, what forums do "Registered COPPA Users" have access to that regular users don't? I am very confused here, because some registered users can enter certain topics, and others can't. Could someone explain what these topics are about or something? Or why only certain registered users can see them?

Magna
Banned
Current Project: Soon to be announced! (When PGE releases an engine that is)

Re: "Not Authorised to Read Forum"

Postby Magna » Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:56 pm

Unless you are a forum mod and go to a topic through the MCP, there shouldn't be anything that keeps you from getting there.
Join this great chill forum here: http://forums.krazynet.net

SnifitGuy
Birdo
Birdo

Postby SnifitGuy » Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:05 pm

Magna wrote:Unless you are a forum mod and go to a topic through the MCP, there shouldn't be anything that keeps you from getting there.
That's not what the reputation page link tells me. For example, I click on a post that says someone said something funny, but when I click the link, I'm "Not Authorized to Read This Forum".

Magna
Banned
Current Project: Soon to be announced! (When PGE releases an engine that is)

Postby Magna » Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:50 pm

SnifitGuy wrote:
Magna wrote:Unless you are a forum mod and go to a topic through the MCP, there shouldn't be anything that keeps you from getting there.
That's not what the reputation page link tells me. For example, I click on a post that says someone said something funny, but when I click the link, I'm "Not Authorized to Read This Forum".
Well what forum was the post made? Sometimes, you don't have access to certain public forums through certain places.
Join this great chill forum here: http://forums.krazynet.net

TLtimelord
Red Yoshi Egg
Red Yoshi Egg

Postby TLtimelord » Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:03 am

Chances are that post linked to the rep is currently on a global. I know I've had this issue even as a moderator, trying to locate my own posts that were on global threads that I somehow couldn't view because this message would pop up.
In an age of darkness light appears
And it wards away the ancient fears
March to the anthem of the heart
To a brand new day, a brand new start

SnifitGuy
Birdo
Birdo

Postby SnifitGuy » Wed Nov 26, 2014 7:49 am

Oh...well if it's only a glitch or something, this can be locked.

Shadow Yoshi
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Postby Shadow Yoshi » Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:40 am

This might still have to do with the problem we had a while ago with Global Announcement root forums (the reason why every global had a ton of unapproved posts), and if it does it'll be fixed when I upgrade to the new version of phpBB. Could you post a screenshot of your entire web browser when this happens, and provide a list of steps that got you there?

SnifitGuy
Birdo
Birdo

Postby SnifitGuy » Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:33 am

Joey wrote:This might still have to do with the problem we had a while ago with Global Announcement root forums (the reason why every global had a ton of unapproved posts), and if it does it'll be fixed when I upgrade to the new version of phpBB. Could you post a screenshot of your entire web browser when this happens, and provide a list of steps that got you there?
Sure thing. I mean, I could provide the steps right now. I'll save them for a picture, however.
EDIT: Here is a picture, with STEPS!
Spoiler: show
1. I click on someone's (for this example, Epoch's) reputation.
2. I see a comment regarding a supposedly good post.
3. I click the link to see what the post was.
4. This comes up.

Shadow Yoshi
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Postby Shadow Yoshi » Wed Nov 26, 2014 4:47 pm

I'm actually getting the same error, which is really weird! I looked up in the database the ID of one of the posts I couldn't read, and it was posted in the Level Contest 10 topic. At the moment I think I'll just attribute this to the global announcement root forum bug, and we'll have to wait until I upgrade to the new version of phpBB.

SnifitGuy
Birdo
Birdo

Postby SnifitGuy » Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:26 pm

Alright, then. I have no more use of this topic. Take it away, Joey!

Return to “SuperMarioBrosX.org”