I resign.

For topics related to SuperMarioBrosX.org. Suggest anything that you would like to see on the site here.
DarkMatt
Banned

I resign.

Postby DarkMatt » Thu Apr 02, 2015 5:44 pm

As of today, I am removing myself from moderators and stepping away from this community for awhile. I'm not going to go down Kley's and NameUser's path, I'm going to stand up and say I can't do my job anymore.

The reason why is twofold, one is that I cannot be an effective member of the staff anymore. My life right now is preordained, and it does not include SMBX in any way, shape, or form. I don't play SMBX anymore, and I don't even read the content forums for it. My interest in it has died and that's a bad thing because this community is strictly about SMBX. I and others have tried to steer away from that truth, but it feels like SMBX is going to forever be the only real reason why you would post here. I can respect that, but it's not for people who have grown detached from SMBX.

The other reason is that I no longer have the confidence to moderate and work with this community. I won't lie, most of the actions I've done weren't detrimental to the community, but when everything you do isn't accepted and has to be argued against, it takes the fun out of moderating. I'm not a fit for your problems, and I feel like no one except Joey has faith in how I handle things, and Joey's support is nice but it only goes so far when it's the guy who hired you and it's a piece of paper saying, "You have my support." Furthermore, I can't help but once again feel like my expectations and methods are leagues different from this community's, and the community holds that against me. I don't know if that's because of age or experience, but I can't feel comfortable working here.

When dealing with a community who will oust anyone who disagrees and make them feel like shit, all I can do is just brace myself and charge along. This requires time and effort for a normal person to bear with this userbase, and I do not have those anymore. I'd love to just fix the seemingly infinite problems with the community, but I can no longer put forth the mileage to really think and work anymore. You'd be much better off finding someone to replace my desk instead of relying on a ghost who communicates with a ouija board.

Those are the main reasons, but there's a couple more that is contributing to my decision: most of my good friends who I respect have left already for their own reasons, anything I can propose is stalled because Joey has to upgrade the forum, I can't find the motivation to get a real grasp on what's happening in the forum, I don't see an end to people who will treat others terribly, (and usually use me as an excuse to do so) and I'm lead to believe all my work and effort has been for naught because I've been told that this community hasn't changed since half a year ago. I expected a return on my effort. All I've gotten was ire from those I've dealt with and either indifference or disapproval from everyone else. It means I shouldn't be a part of your problems.

This is not goodbye forever, but I will be officially gone for now. I don't know when I'll come back, but I can't bring myself to post here for the time being. I might come back if I have an interest in SMBX again, but I don't know, I might just go to a different board whose focus isn't solely SMBX.

I don't know if any of you even appreciated me being a mod, but for those that did, thank you for believing that I could help the community. I'm glad I could help in some way, no matter how miniscule.
[center]From illusion to truth. From darkness to light. From doom to eternity.[/center]

Zeldamaster12
Cid
Cid
Flair: stop looking at my flair dangit
Chat Username: Zeldamaster12

Re: I resign.

Postby Zeldamaster12 » Thu Apr 02, 2015 5:54 pm

I understand. With college and all, life gets really busy. That and combined with the lack of interest with the forum's main focus (being SMBX), there isn't much else you can do.

Yes, sometimes there was drama involving your moderation, but you've always done your job. You knew who to punish, how to moderate, you rebuilt the levels subforum, etc. You've done a lot for this community, and I appreciate that. Good luck in life.

Waddle
Tellah
Tellah
Flair: The goblin uprising is upon us

Postby Waddle » Thu Apr 02, 2015 5:57 pm

We'll never forget you Darkmatt
See you in 2 weeks

Nah but rly its a damn shame you're leaving :C

Danny
Mario
Mario
Chat Username: Syndrilevosse#3884

Postby Danny » Thu Apr 02, 2015 6:22 pm

Wait, when did NameUser/Ignoritus say he couldn't do his job anymore? As far as I'm aware, he's still here, and he still does his job.
I used to be 8bitmushroom but not anymore.
If you need to get in contact with me, message me on Discord, or find me at SMW Central's Discord server where I moderate.

Aero
Palom
Palom
Flair: Pirate economy
Chat Username: aero

Postby Aero » Thu Apr 02, 2015 6:31 pm

"I won't lie, most of the actions I've done weren't detrimental to the community, but when everything you do isn't accepted and has to be argued against, it takes the fun out of moderating."

Y'know at one point I considered resigning for this same reason, but I didn't because the work is done despite it being fun not because of it. I still respect your decision though, irregardless.

Zeldamaster12
Cid
Cid

Postby Zeldamaster12 » Thu Apr 02, 2015 6:49 pm

8bitmushroom wrote:Wait, when did NameUser/Ignoritus say he couldn't do his job anymore? As far as I'm aware, he's still here, and he still does his job.
I think he's saying that they still/did stay as mod, although they couldn't do their job, but even knowing this, they kept their position.

Ignoritus might not be the most active staff member, but I see him do his job regardless, so I don't really see where you're coming from when you mentioned Ignoritus in that category.

Danny
Mario
Mario

Postby Danny » Thu Apr 02, 2015 6:52 pm

Zeldamaster12 wrote:
8bitmushroom wrote:Wait, when did NameUser/Ignoritus say he couldn't do his job anymore? As far as I'm aware, he's still here, and he still does his job.
I think he's saying that they still/did stay as mod, although they couldn't do their job, but even knowing this, they kept their position.

Ignoritus might not be the most active staff member, but I see him do his job regardless, so I don't really see where you're coming from when you mentioned Ignoritus in that category.
I was thinking he might have been referring to Namyrr and not Igno.
If you need to get in contact with me, message me on Discord, or find me at SMW Central's Discord server where I moderate.

MistakesWereMade
Boom Boom
Boom Boom

Postby MistakesWereMade » Thu Apr 02, 2015 7:43 pm

rip darkmatt

on the bright side, people who hated you will maybe come back (no offense)

Danny
Mario
Mario

Postby Danny » Thu Apr 02, 2015 8:14 pm

Nien wrote:rip darkmatt

As much as that is offensive and kind of not respectful, he's actually not wrong. A couple of people left because they felt DarkMatt was too strict, not sure if they'll come back, but again, he's not wrong.

Zeldamaster12
Cid
Cid

Postby Zeldamaster12 » Thu Apr 02, 2015 8:22 pm

8bitmushroom wrote:
Nien wrote:rip darkmatt

As much as that is offensive and kind of not respectful, he's actually not wrong. A couple of people left because they felt DarkMatt was too strict, not sure if they'll come back, but again, he's not wrong.
I think all those people are banned kappa

Palisade
Banned

Postby Palisade » Thu Apr 02, 2015 8:37 pm

"I won't lie, most of the actions I've done weren't detrimental to the community, but when everything you do isn't accepted and has to be argued against, it takes the fun out of moderating."

It isn't accepted and it argued against because,as lightly as I can put it, you guys do a really, really bad job. You won't owe up to it nor learn which only worsens your experience here. In all honesty I display no sympathy to the staff who come here playing the victim card because they fail to work in social situations. You did this to yourself man It's not the community's fault
Lying awake in bed. Feeling the spot on my chest. Where you used to rest your head.

JupiHornet
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa

Postby JupiHornet » Thu Apr 02, 2015 8:58 pm

Palisade wrote:"I won't lie, most of the actions I've done weren't detrimental to the community, but when everything you do isn't accepted and has to be argued against, it takes the fun out of moderating."

It isn't accepted and it argued against because,as lightly as I can put it, you guys do a really, really bad job. You won't owe up to it nor learn which only worsens your experience here. In all honesty I display no sympathy to the staff who come here playing the victim card because they fail to work in social situations. You did this to yourself man It's not the community's fault
My respect meter for you just keeps on falling

Anyway, bye DarkMatt. You were a cool guy and I'll miss your hilarious Community Contest threads ;-;
AeroMatter wrote: This post is ironic. These forums are ironic. My life is ironic.

If you want to talk to me, add me on Discord at JupiHornet#2897, or go to my Twitter page!
You can also check out my YouTube channel!
- PREVIOUSLY KNOWN AS TURTWIG -

Zeldamaster12
Cid
Cid

Postby Zeldamaster12 » Thu Apr 02, 2015 9:01 pm

It's like every time Palisade posts, shit hits the fan.

Palisade
Banned

Postby Palisade » Thu Apr 02, 2015 9:01 pm

How so?
Lying awake in bed. Feeling the spot on my chest. Where you used to rest your head.

SnifitGuy
Birdo
Birdo

Postby SnifitGuy » Thu Apr 02, 2015 9:07 pm

Palisade wrote:How so?
You disrespect users for no good reason. I don't know if you have a bad sense or humor or if your just a jerk (no offense).

MistakesWereMade
Boom Boom
Boom Boom

Postby MistakesWereMade » Thu Apr 02, 2015 9:10 pm

can u guys actually stop being disrespectful to this guy for no reason instead of explaining why he's being disrespectul for no reason

Palisade
Banned

Postby Palisade » Thu Apr 02, 2015 9:10 pm

SnifitGuy wrote:
You disrespect users for no good reason. I don't know if you have a bad sense or humor or if your just a jerk (no offense).
The ultimate irony being that DarkMatt made a topic where he disrespected EVERYONE who took part in a level contest.
I used to respect the guy too but then i was having a wee lookie see and i found his rants.

BUT hey, maybe if you suck up to the mods they might make you one too ;) ;)

TLtimelord
Red Yoshi Egg
Red Yoshi Egg
Flair: Info under raps
Current Project: A quirky lil episode
Chat Username: Augustus

Postby TLtimelord » Thu Apr 02, 2015 9:16 pm

Palisade wrote:
SnifitGuy wrote:
The ultimate irony being that DarkMatt made a topic where he disrespected EVERYONE who took part in a level contest.
I used to respect the guy too but then i was having a wee lookie see and i found his rants.

BUT hey, maybe if you suck up to the mods they might make you one too ;) ;)
Stop the cynicism, please. You could just take a moment to be respectful, forget what DarkMatt has done in the past, and give him at least a half-assed goodbye for serving this community well for the time he was here.

As for everyone else, how about we just not create any heat in this thread and save it for another time.
In an age of darkness light appears
And it wards away the ancient fears
March to the anthem of the heart
To a brand new day, a brand new start

Aero
Palom
Palom
Flair: Pirate economy
Chat Username: aero

Postby Aero » Thu Apr 02, 2015 9:20 pm

This is getting off topic, and it's too early in the thread to lock it so I'll just hand out warnings if discussion continues about just how rude DarkMatt or Palisade is.

SnifitGuy
Birdo
Birdo

Postby SnifitGuy » Thu Apr 02, 2015 9:56 pm

GhostHawk wrote:This is getting off topic, and it's too early in the thread to lock it so I'll just hand out warnings if discussion continues about just how rude DarkMatt or Palisade is.
I agree, but anyway, D4rkM477 was a good moderator, even if we did argue. Good times, good times...

Return to “SuperMarioBrosX.org”