Ranks

For topics related to SuperMarioBrosX.org. Suggest anything that you would like to see on the site here.
underFlo
Mario
Mario
Flair: sup im lesbiab
Current Project: actually nothing i lied to you
Chat Username: underFlo

Re: Ranks

Postby underFlo » Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:18 pm

The way you're treating this is too much imo. You shouldn't just warn him and then just end the discssion. I can't see the big deal about the rank, but I'm no epileptic, sooo...

Like you can aleast say why you not change it since it likely wouldn't be such a big deal. Even if it is, it's not worth a warning. All he wanted was a reason ove then "this discussion is over".
im a girl yo

Valtteri
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa

Postby Valtteri » Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:30 pm

I don't know if either of you were around then but months ago we had this exact same conversation where Knux just wouldn't stop whining about. We settled this and now Knux is acting like we never gave him an explanation. He's been going way too far with this for far to long for no reason but his enormous need to have control over things.

Knux
Nipper Plant
Nipper Plant

Postby Knux » Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:36 pm

Valtteri wrote:I don't know if either of you were around then but months ago we had this exact same conversation where Knux just wouldn't stop whining about. We settled this and now Knux is acting like we never gave him an explanation. He's been going way too far with this for far to long for no reason but his enormous need to have control over things.
This the part that I pointed out earlier. Let me clear up a few things.

1. I'm not trying to control things, and haven't for a while.
2. I don't understand how me asking to change a single image = trying to control the community. You really need to be more in-depth with this. How does that equal controlling everything?
3. I don't see how I was whining, and even then, that isn't a good enough reason to not change the rank.

You or Joey haven't provided a reason to remove the rank other than "Knux is trying to control things."

Trust me, if I was trying to control things, you'd know about it. Believe me.

I'm not doing this out of spite, anger, or lust of power. I'm doing this because it's a health concern, and a concern that has affected both TangledLion and myself.

You really need to stop looking at me like I'm some sort of hostile threat to this community. I have no power, or the desire to have power anymore. If you offered me full founder of this forum right now, I'd decline. I have no interest in that sort of stuff anymore because of what it did to my mental health - something I didn't figure out until recently.

TangledLion
Mega Mole
Mega Mole

Postby TangledLion » Wed Dec 17, 2014 2:27 pm

First off, people were right, the thing with my sister was a coincidence, that almost seizure was caused by auto immune issues I'd rather not go into... That being said, I have a few facts for you as both my sister and my father are diagnosed with seizure disorders.

Actually it does depend on the TYPE of seizure disorder someone has, The spark(Which has already been removed mind you) is more dangerous in general than the Kamikaze Koopa, as the Spark has a simple strobe Effect, my father is affected by this trigger. However, even more rare than the Basic Photo-sensitivity, is when someone is affected by different colors flashing, like I said, the Spark would be TERRIBLE were My dad to see it, as for the Kamikaze Koopa shell, It wouldn't Phase him at all.

However,I do think the only reason Staff is so hesitant about this, is because knux First Advocated this during a Period where he was stirring up trouble. Even if this WAS a attempt to Stir up trouble, It STILL doesn't Mean it's a BAD idea. I'm not Saying staff HAS to implement this change, because Honestly they Don't, I'm saying they should get all the FACTS and make an informed decision.
I'll be honest, I'm not sure If I'm gonna come back here...

Zeldamaster12
Cid
Cid
Flair: stop looking at my flair dangit
Chat Username: Zeldamaster12

Postby Zeldamaster12 » Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:14 pm

I don't see why he was warned for simply requesting something (albeit in a polite manner). The rank is appearing to start more trouble than good, and I don't see why you admins refuse to change it even with that. And when I read his post, he wasn't whining at all. He provided a logical argument, with evidence as well, and again, in a polite manner. Also, if I may add, why don't you actually discuss it with him and the other members who want it removed instead of handing out warnings, telling them that they're wrong just because they don't share the same viewpoints as you both, and trying to end the discussion rather than actually discussing the roblem with your fellow userbase?

Shadow Yoshi
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Postby Shadow Yoshi » Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:28 pm

The reason why we are not changing the ranks is exactly what was said before: If you have epilepsy/something else that makes viewing a single 32 x 32 animated image difficult, it's on you to figure out a way to deal with it, not us.

This discussion is over and needs to be taken to PM if it's going to continue. I don't want to start handing out warnings.

Here is the URL for the image, in case you want to block it: http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/images/ranks/Kamikaze%20Koopa%202.gif

Aero
Palom
Palom
Flair: Pirate economy
Chat Username: aero

Postby Aero » Wed Dec 17, 2014 4:19 pm

1. Install Adblock
2. Click "Block an ad on this page"
3. Select the graphic that hurts your eyes
4. Problem solved.

Unlike Joey I'm fine with handing out warnings, especially when this nonsense of a situation can be solved on your own terms. Further posts regarding a change in ranks will get a warning, here or in other threads.
Joey wrote:This discussion is over
EDIT:

Locked temporarily until "this discussion is over" starts to mean "this discussion is over."

Aristo
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa
Flair: Martyr of SMBXdom
Chat Username: Aristo

Postby Aristo » Mon Jan 05, 2015 9:51 am

Now you can't post anymore :^)
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

underFlo
Mario
Mario

Postby underFlo » Mon Jan 05, 2015 11:25 am

GMarinaX wrote:Now you can't post anymore :^)
wow thats sad :(
im a girl yo

glitch4
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa

Postby glitch4 » Mon Jan 05, 2015 11:52 am

@Nickname: It's a lie, you can post as always.

underFlo
Mario
Mario

Postby underFlo » Mon Jan 05, 2015 11:53 am

GLD4 wrote:@Nickname: It's a lie, you can post as always.
wow ur so good at understanding sarcasm
im a girl yo

JupiHornet
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa

Postby JupiHornet » Sun Jan 11, 2015 2:02 pm

1337 posts is a very special secret rank...
AeroMatter wrote: This post is ironic. These forums are ironic. My life is ironic.

If you want to talk to me, add me on Discord at JupiHornet#2897, or go to my Twitter page!
You can also check out my YouTube channel!
- PREVIOUSLY KNOWN AS TURTWIG -

LordYoshi999
Mega Mole
Mega Mole
Current Project: none
Chat Username: hmmm I wonder

Postby LordYoshi999 » Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:01 pm

And now from reading the first reply's man, thats from a LONG time ago.
And now the hidden/secret one? 1337?
Being 'Quill'
Interesting.....
Spoiler: show
sorry nothing to see here

superhammerbros100
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus
Current Project: Getting back to SMBX, I guess?

Postby superhammerbros100 » Thu Jan 15, 2015 1:08 pm

LordYoshi999 wrote:And now from reading the first reply's man, thats from a LONG time ago.
And now the hidden/secret one? 1337?
Being 'Quill'
Interesting.....

Actually it's Impossible to spoil the 1337 Rank, it changes every time someone gets it
I support:
ImageImage
sleepy had to betray us

RudeGuy
Luigi
Luigi
Flair: help
Current Project: a random smw hack
Chat Username: rudeguy

Postby RudeGuy » Thu Jan 15, 2015 1:53 pm

superhammerbros100 wrote:Actually it's Impossible to spoil the 1337 Rank, it changes every time someone gets it
The special rank is Quill and it won't ever change again.
im bored

superhammerbros100
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus

Postby superhammerbros100 » Thu Jan 15, 2015 1:55 pm

RudeGuy07 wrote:
superhammerbros100 wrote:Actually it's Impossible to spoil the 1337 Rank, it changes every time someone gets it
Oh.
I support:
ImageImage
sleepy had to betray us

underFlo
Mario
Mario

Postby underFlo » Thu Jan 15, 2015 2:06 pm

RudeGuy07 wrote:
Really? I thought it was random, at least I thought someone had Weegee as the 1337 rank once.
im a girl yo

superhammerbros100
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus

Postby superhammerbros100 » Thu Jan 15, 2015 2:29 pm

Nickname wrote:
RudeGuy07 wrote:
Really? I thought it was random, at least I thought someone had Weegee as the 1337 rank once.
I think you didn't understand, he said "It's never changing again"IT did change before, but it's not gonna do anymore.
I support:
ImageImage
sleepy had to betray us

Witchking666
Silver Yoshi Egg
Silver Yoshi Egg
Current Project: Mario & Luigi: Quest of Fear

Postby Witchking666 » Wed Feb 04, 2015 1:35 am

What Happens when you het to.4000 posts
I'm tired of this back-slapping "Isn't humanity neat?" bullshit. We're a virus with shoes, okay? That's all we are.
Bill Hicks.

Check out my stuff:
Image.

bossedit8
Banned
Current Project: Airship Attack 2
Chat Username: <3 bossedit8 <3

Postby bossedit8 » Wed Feb 04, 2015 2:25 am

witchking666 wrote:What Happens when you het to 4000 posts
You get a new Rank, obviously. That is basically it. Of course the Main Topic will be updated of the new Rank we are getting...

Return to “SuperMarioBrosX.org”