Ranks

For topics related to SuperMarioBrosX.org. Suggest anything that you would like to see on the site here.
Zeldamaster12
Cid
Cid
Flair: stop looking at my flair dangit

Re: Ranks

Postby Zeldamaster12 » Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:18 pm

These are posting ranks, made by the administrators. You gain a post rank when you achieve a certain amount of posts (read the OP).

bouncywheel10
Dolphin
Dolphin

Postby bouncywheel10 » Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:50 pm

I was thinking about my ranks being used for something else, not posting.

Zeldamaster12
Cid
Cid
Flair: stop looking at my flair dangit

Postby Zeldamaster12 » Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:37 pm

Well that's what they are, you can't change that.

You can give people special posting ranks that'll stick, but I highly doubt Joey would do that for anyone but the admins.

Exiled Bowser
Monty Mole
Monty Mole

Postby Exiled Bowser » Sun Feb 22, 2015 10:56 am

I miss my Lantern Ghost from NSMBX forums.
[01:17:53] <Exiled_Bowser> Finally! I do not get a damn "2" added to my name when I dc and reconnect.
[01:19:18] <Exiled_Bowser> Bowser's Exile 2 will not be out or will ever be out for years! That is a Joke folks...I have no intention of making a second when I haven't even done the first to completion yet.

Speaking of which, just check out the thread for my Episode Project right here!
http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... =34&t=8440

Bryan
Snifit
Snifit

Postby Bryan » Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:53 pm

bouncywheel10 wrote:I was thinking about my ranks being used for something else, not posting.
I think ranks should work a bit different. Members could rank up based on their increased amount of medals. These medals would be awarded after a user has completed a specific or actual achievement. This would be a different, new and interesting way in the community for people to rank up instead of the rank system being centered around increasing user post count. PSN uses something like this. The more trophies you get, the more you rank up. Here, it'd be something interesting to try out, you know, see what the community thinks. Plus, it could be customized to the administration's liking.

Ranking up really shouldn't be based on post count. Anyone can post a lot. However, there could be medals for reaching a certain amount of posts, there's nothing wrong with that. Ranking up because you completed specific tasks or achievements is something way more interesting. Hopefully Joey plans on awarding metals for actual achievements in the future.

Blaze Moonspear
Tweeter
Tweeter

Postby Blaze Moonspear » Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:00 pm

Bryan wrote:
bouncywheel10 wrote:I was thinking about my ranks being used for something else, not posting.
I think ranks should work a bit different. Members could rank up based on their increased amount of medals. These medals would be awarded after a user has completed a specific or actual achievement. This would be a different, new and interesting way in the community for people to rank up instead of the rank system being centered around increasing user post count. PSN uses something like this. The more trophies you get, the more you rank up. Here, it'd be something interesting to try out, you know, see what the community thinks. Plus, it could be customized to the administration's liking.

Ranking up really shouldn't be based on post count. Anyone can post a lot. However, there could be medals for reaching a certain amount of posts, there's nothing wrong with that. Ranking up because you completed specific tasks or achievements is something way more interesting. Hopefully Joey plans on awarding metals for actual achievements in the future.
Post points, perhaps? Post points could possibly be produced by procuring prizes such as medals, thereby presenting the poster/player/person post points used to positively alter post ranks.

That's a lot of Ps.

Basically, posting something would give you one post point. Completing certain achievements would get you multiple post points, such as 10, 20, 25, over 9000, etc. Rankings would still work the same, with the post points replacing the number of posts when determining rank, though the number of actual posts would still be displayed. Below that could then be a post point counter, displaying the total number of post points presently produced by said poster.

Just an idea.
Guaranteed 100% Beefless

Image Spoiler free since '93, a year before there was even me! Oh wait... never mind.
Spoiler: show
Image Also available in alicorn form!
Image Also available in dragon form!
Image Also available in necromancer form!

Bryan
Snifit
Snifit

Postby Bryan » Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:18 pm

Blaze Moonspear wrote:
Bryan wrote:

Post points, perhaps? Post points could possibly be produced by procuring prizes such as medals, thereby presenting the poster/player/person post points used to positively alter post ranks.

That's a lot of Ps.

Basically, posting something would give you one post point. Completing certain achievements would get you multiple post points, such as 10, 20, 25, over 9000, etc. Rankings would still work the same, with the post points replacing the number of posts when determining rank, though the number of actual posts would still be displayed. Below that could then be a post point counter, displaying the total number of post points presently produced by said poster.

Just an idea.
No not post points. Something more like what PSN uses. You complete an achievement or trophy, in our case a medal, you rank up. Sure you can gain achievements based on posting a certain amount of posts. So you gain achievements, once you receive enough, you go from Level 1 to Level 2 and so on. Take my signature as an example. On PSN once I receive a certain amount of trophies I will go from Level 4 to 5.
Last edited by Bryan on Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bryan
Snifit
Snifit

Postby Bryan » Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:20 pm

Blaze Moonspear wrote: Post points, perhaps? Post points could possibly be produced by procuring prizes such as medals, thereby presenting the poster/player/person post points used to positively alter post ranks. Take my signature for example, once I get a certain amount of trophies on PSN, I go from Level 4 to 5.
That's a lot of Ps.

Just an idea.
No not post points. Something more like what PSN uses. You complete an achievement or trophy, in our case a medal, you rank up. Sure you can gain achievements based on posting a certain amount of posts. So you gain achievements, once you receive enough, you go from Level 1 to Level 2 and so on.

JupiHornet
Chargin' Chuck
Chargin' Chuck

Postby JupiHornet » Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:47 pm

You can't do that stuff with ranks as far as I know, that isn't possible in phpbb
AeroMatter wrote: This post is ironic. These forums are ironic. My life is ironic.

If you want to talk to me, add me on Discord at JupiHornet#2897, or go to my Twitter page!
You can also check out my YouTube channel!
- PREVIOUSLY KNOWN AS TURTWIG -

Paper
Phanto
Phanto

Postby Paper » Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:01 pm

Has anyone suggested making Mother Brain the rank that comes after Bowser (4000 posts) yet? Maybe for 6000 posts in the (never to come) future?
Also, what could come after that?
Steam:
YouTube Channel: Twitch Channel:

Blaze Moonspear
Tweeter
Tweeter

Postby Blaze Moonspear » Thu Feb 26, 2015 5:03 pm

PaperPlayerX wrote:Has anyone suggested making Mother Brain the rank that comes after Bowser (4000 posts) yet? Maybe for 6000 posts in the (never to come) future?
Also, what could come after that?
King Boo.
Guaranteed 100% Beefless

Image Spoiler free since '93, a year before there was even me! Oh wait... never mind.

Pseudo
Ludwig
Ludwig
Pronouns: She/her

Postby Pseudo » Thu Feb 26, 2015 5:05 pm

^
King Boo isn't in SMBX, so it's highly unlikely that he's a rank on this site, as I said in my reply to you a couple of pages back. All of the ranks so far are NPCs that appear in SMBX.

(moderators cannot see the ranklist by the way so I don't have any hidden knowledge, this is just based on what I've observed)
its ya girl pseudo and im back on a provisional basis

"sterydy Behemoth expiable novae iconically night owl ticklish turbocharger bactrian riveting . Solidus quits frothy managua scrimper shadowy enthusiastically rearrangement curviness matronliness pinyin piroshki gradual hysterically locker room versed . Horrendous unicorn transnational parka lasso very forbiddingly laborsaving cochabamba hair-raising floozy philter transnational ."
- a spam account, 2016

Blaze Moonspear
Tweeter
Tweeter

Postby Blaze Moonspear » Thu Feb 26, 2015 5:07 pm

Pseudo-dino wrote:^
King Boo isn't in SMBX, so it's highly unlikely that he's a rank on this site, as I said in my reply to you a couple of pages back. All of the ranks so far are NPCs that appear in SMBX.

(moderators cannot see the ranklist by the way so I don't have any hidden knowledge, this is just based on what I've observed)
I still know he's not in SMBX. I also know he's King Boo. King Boo.
Guaranteed 100% Beefless

Chip Potato
Ninji
Ninji

Postby Chip Potato » Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:39 pm

Blaze Moonspear wrote:I still know he's not in SMBX. I also know he's King Boo. King Boo.
Look, I know he's a ghost and all, but white power doesn't work like that.
Projects I'm supporting:
Enjl wrote:
SuperMario12345 wrote:The deadline is tomorrow everyone! Make sure your level is finished, completable, there are no glitches, and it ends with a star!Thats the key to a good score!

Blaze Moonspear
Tweeter
Tweeter

Postby Blaze Moonspear » Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:29 pm

fireflowerhour wrote:
Blaze Moonspear wrote:I still know he's not in SMBX. I also know he's King Boo. King Boo.
Look, I know he's a ghost and all, but white power doesn't work like that.
Image is what I think about that.
Guaranteed 100% Beefless

Pseudo
Ludwig
Ludwig

Postby Pseudo » Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:28 pm

^
That's King Boo from Super Mario Sunshine, who is actually not the same character as the more familiar King Boo from Luigi's Mansion (and every other game he appears in). He was called "Boss Teresa [Boo]" in Japan as opposed to the regular King Boo's "King Teresa".

The more you know

"sterydy Behemoth expiable novae iconically night owl ticklish turbocharger bactrian riveting . Solidus quits frothy managua scrimper shadowy enthusiastically rearrangement curviness matronliness pinyin piroshki gradual hysterically locker room versed . Horrendous unicorn transnational parka lasso very forbiddingly laborsaving cochabamba hair-raising floozy philter transnational ."
- a spam account, 2016

Blaze Moonspear
Tweeter
Tweeter

Postby Blaze Moonspear » Fri Feb 27, 2015 6:21 am

Pseudo-dino wrote:^
That's King Boo from Super Mario Sunshine, who is actually not the same character as the more familiar King Boo from Luigi's Mansion (and every other game he appears in). He was called "Boss Teresa [Boo]" in Japan as opposed to the regular King Boo's "King Teresa".

The more you know
That explains why he looks so stupid. :D
Guaranteed 100% Beefless

Valtteri
Van De Graf
Van De Graf

Postby Valtteri » Fri Feb 27, 2015 6:48 am

The topic is beginning to derail. Stick to the topic, please.

Blaze Moonspear
Tweeter
Tweeter

Postby Blaze Moonspear » Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:57 pm

The train has been placed back on the tracks. Is there a rank for 0 posts? I don't recall if there was... if there isn't, it should probably be a super leaf.
Guaranteed 100% Beefless

Pseudo
Ludwig
Ludwig

Postby Pseudo » Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:58 pm

There isn't, the Goomba is the first rank.

- a spam account, 2016

Return to “SuperMarioBrosX.org”