fix the captcha

For topics related to SuperMarioBrosX.org. Suggest anything that you would like to see on the site here.
lighthouse64
Mouser
Mouser
Current Project: Soundtrack stuff

Re: fix the captcha

Postby lighthouse64 » Sun May 10, 2015 2:35 am

Magician wrote:Well, it doesn't accept "Sora Ltd" without a period, for example. The system was created to intuit that a person is using it. Also, people seasoned enough by forum captchas to expect to have a simple answer expected of them WILL type "sakurai" or the like, probably pretty often.
Joey wrote:The only problem with the captcha is that it doesn't accept individual people (Sakurai) as answers - then again, you can google "smash bros wii u developers" and the answers are right on the first result.

I'll think about adding Sakurai to the list of answers.
Regardless, it's a problem that it doesn't accept correct answers. Even if I were to go into semantics, "developer" can and does refer to individual people, requiring you to narrow down what you want further (you could include that as like "Hint: Use company names and not a specific person.") or add all of the correct answers.
yeah. At least it accepts greninja.
Just your average user...

Oh, and sometimes I arrange stuff like this :P https://www.noteflight.com/scores/view/ ... 25261b1a11

SilverDeoxys563
Nipper Plant
Nipper Plant

Postby SilverDeoxys563 » Sun May 10, 2015 2:51 am

lighthouse64 wrote:yeah. At least it accepts greninja.
Too OP of an answer, definitely needs nerfing to be effective
ImageImage
<Ragont> as303298 the movie.wmmp
In these days, I feel particularly blessed, contented, thankful, and inspired to be Christian.

Please don't Steam message me after midnight, kthx.

zlaker
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa

Postby zlaker » Sun May 10, 2015 3:27 am

Wouldn't it be easier if the captcha was: "Who was the director of SBB for 3DS/Wii U"?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
I make art lol

Wind
Ripper II
Ripper II
Current Project: The Second Reality Project X
Chat Username: Savordez

Postby Wind » Sun May 10, 2015 3:43 am

Why does it have to do anything with Smash? Why can't you just make it a simple math question or a small grammar test?

<bossedit8> abuse nicely

Mable
Peach
Peach
Current Project: Account soon to be deleted
Chat Username: Account soon to be d

Postby Mable » Sun May 10, 2015 4:17 am

Wind wrote:Why does it have to do anything with Smash? Why can't you just make it a simple math question
That would be a good thing tho. Something non Nintendo like. I mean the second question about the newcomers once outdated fast.

SnifitGuy
Birdo
Birdo

Postby SnifitGuy » Sun May 10, 2015 7:31 am

Sinem wrote:
Wind wrote:Why does it have to do anything with Smash? Why can't you just make it a simple math question
That would be a good thing tho. Something non Nintendo like. I mean the second question about the newcomers once outdated fast.
Yeah, so instead of making an outdated CAPTCHA with nintendo, make an outdated CAPTCHA without nintendo. I honestly think that it would be best to have something like mechamind said: something easy for anyone to figure out, yet a machine would never be able to answer. That is the riddle of the situation...

crusher169
Ripper II
Ripper II
Current Project: Getting my life together.

Postby crusher169 » Sun May 10, 2015 7:47 am

ik a more bot proof and easier way of doing this
the user gets 3 questions (all are SEPERATELY randomly picked)
the questions would be really easy.
since your generating 3 different questions, bots would have to guess 3 different answers in the precise order whereas normally they just have to get one question right. if the questions are easy BUT only have 1 answer it would not only stop bots, it was also allow people to get in easier. its a more foolproof plan. hard questions arnt the way to stop bots, more questions are the easiest way to stop them.
I could go on for a longer time how this would help but I think ive explained enough.
also I got more ideas:
1. if the question bank is changed monthly (alongside the featured stuff) it can stop bots even more!
2. somehow incorporating humanistic actions or things into the captcha could work
3. maybe instead of trivia questions use other questions alongside it e.g. "type the letter z 13 times" (that's kinda a bad one but still its an example nevertheless)
I'm not good at making signatures.

Shadow Yoshi
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Postby Shadow Yoshi » Sun May 10, 2015 10:39 am

I can add Sora Ltd (no period) to the answer list.

I can't just make it a simple math test because it's easier for bots to answer. I don't think I can randomize anything either.

Wind
Ripper II
Ripper II

Postby Wind » Sun May 10, 2015 11:22 am

Joey wrote:I can add Sora Ltd (no period) to the answer list.

I can't just make it a simple math test because it's easier for bots to answer. I don't think I can randomize anything either.
Paranoid much? Then how about a grammar test like this

<bossedit8> abuse nicely

FallingSnow
Ninji
Ninji

Postby FallingSnow » Sun May 10, 2015 12:32 pm

Isn't the random skewed letters captcha an option? Pretty sure it was.

lighthouse64
Mouser
Mouser

Postby lighthouse64 » Sun May 10, 2015 12:54 pm

Why not do what hedgewars requires? I mean it's difficult, but not wayyyy too difficult.

Oh, and sometimes I arrange stuff like this :P https://www.noteflight.com/scores/view/ ... 25261b1a11

underFlo
Mario
Mario
Flair: sup im lesbiab
Current Project: actually nothing i lied to you
Chat Username: underFlo

Postby underFlo » Sun May 10, 2015 1:08 pm

lighthouse64 wrote:

Why not do what hedgewars requires? I mean it's difficult, but not wayyyy too difficult.
Thanks for not actually telling us what Hedgewars requires.
im a girl yo

Wind
Ripper II
Ripper II

Postby Wind » Sun May 10, 2015 1:12 pm

E: The characters you have to type at the end of the captcha seem to be randomised.

<bossedit8> abuse nicely

lighthouse64
Mouser
Mouser

Postby lighthouse64 » Sun May 10, 2015 1:25 pm

oh :/

Why can't the forums captcha be random???

suckhacker
Banned

Postby suckhacker » Mon May 11, 2015 2:54 pm

hey guys, the captcha we use ain't bad. on smwcentral, the captcha is diabolical so much that won't even work on a regular proxy. when the public computer you use is ip banned (because some mofo'ing piece o' shit trolls use it to spam SNN's domain) you got not options other than paying for good proxy that does have captcha working properly.

underFlo
Mario
Mario
Flair: sup im lesbiab
Current Project: actually nothing i lied to you
Chat Username: underFlo

Postby underFlo » Mon May 11, 2015 2:57 pm

suckhacker wrote:hey guys, the captcha we use ain't bad. on smwcentral, the captcha is diabolical so much that won't even work on a regular proxy. when the public computer you use is ip banned (because some mofo'ing piece o' shit trolls use it to spam SNN's domain) you got not options other than paying for good proxy that does have captcha working properly.
or how about you don't get your ip banned
im a girl yo

Danny
Mario
Mario
Chat Username: Syndrilevosse#3884

Postby Danny » Mon May 11, 2015 2:59 pm

suckhacker wrote:hey guys, the captcha we use ain't bad. on smwcentral, the captcha is diabolical so much that won't even work on a regular proxy. when the public computer you use is ip banned (because some mofo'ing piece o' shit trolls use it to spam SNN's domain) you got not options other than paying for good proxy that does have captcha working properly.
Your constant hatred for SMWC is getting really obnoxious.

Maybe if you weren't such an idiot on SMWC, they wouldn't ban you? Making dupe accounts and constantly bashing SNN isn't going to get you anywhere.
I used to be 8bitmushroom but not anymore.
If you need to get in contact with me, message me on Discord, or find me at SMW Central's Discord server where I moderate.

suckhacker
Banned

Postby suckhacker » Mon May 11, 2015 3:06 pm

8bitmushroom wrote:

Maybe if you weren't such an idiot on SMWC, they wouldn't ban you? Making dupe accounts and constantly bashing SNN isn't going to get you anywhere.
eh, I just talking. i'm done with smw central for good and moved on to better things. my last eight reregs were on May 6 and that the last of them.

Danny
Mario
Mario
Chat Username: Syndrilevosse#3884

Postby Danny » Mon May 11, 2015 3:13 pm

suckhacker wrote:
8bitmushroom wrote:

eh, I just talking. i'm done with smw central for good and moved on to better things. my last eight reregs were on May 6 and that the last of them.
Eight reregs?! You're not relentless, you're fucking insane.
I used to be 8bitmushroom but not anymore.
If you need to get in contact with me, message me on Discord, or find me at SMW Central's Discord server where I moderate.

Shadow Yoshi
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Postby Shadow Yoshi » Mon May 11, 2015 3:38 pm

That's enough, 8bit.
suckhacker wrote:eh, I just talking. i'm done with smw central for good and moved on to better things.
Obviously not if you keep talking about them like that.

Anyway, this thread has run its course. The captcha is going to stay more or less the same.

Return to “SuperMarioBrosX.org”