The Last Word

For topics related to SuperMarioBrosX.org. Suggest anything that you would like to see on the site here.
User avatar
underFlo
Reznor
Reznor
Posts: 4464
Joined: Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:44 am
Flair: sup im lesbiab
Pronouns: They/She
Contact:

Re: The Last Word

Postby underFlo » Sun May 17, 2015 4:29 pm

8bitmushroom wrote:
Nickname wrote:
8bitmushroom wrote:Also, not going to bother quoting the OP but in response to that first bit, Joey has even stated himself that he cares little about SMBX.
I don't see the problem with that.
I mean did you even read the OP where Igno stated the problems with Joey? Running a SMBX community when you have literally no interest in SMBX itself is really counterproductive.
I did read it, and while I do agree that Joey should put someone else in charge of the things that regard SMBX specifically (which he already does regarding CCs etc., while for example Featured Episodes/Graphics should be handled by someone else), I don't think it affects his qualities as an Admin/Community leader.
im a girl yo

User avatar
HeroOfRhyme
Boomerang Bro
Boomerang Bro
Posts: 1382
Joined: Sat May 17, 2014 12:47 pm

Re: The Last Word

Postby HeroOfRhyme » Sun May 17, 2015 5:31 pm

It honestly doesn't. I remember seeing someone state an example where Kieran owns SMWC, but he doesnt do anything in regards to hacking or SMW. He just takes care of the domain and site problems. This is basically he same thing, with a bit of forum staffing on the side. I don't think being involved in SMBX would matter about how well he is at moderating/administrating, it would just help incase someone came to him about something regarding that topic.
[08:20:23] <SleepyKitty> AeroMatter, typing /ignore *!*@* will let you block curtain people CTCP'ing you
[08:20:32] <SleepyKitty> so for an example
[08:20:36] <Marinite> curtain
[08:20:40] <Apex> curtain
[08:20:43] <AeroMatter> curtain


Hi Yuki

User avatar
Danny
Mouser
Mouser
Posts: 3993
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:12 pm
Pronouns: He/Him

Re: The Last Word

Postby Danny » Sun May 17, 2015 5:39 pm

Featured Episode wrote:bossedit8 has released an episode that uses more normal and subdued graphics.
Featured Graphics wrote:Deoxys never fails to roll out new and interesting graphics.
I think caring about SMBX would actually help run a forum centered around it.
Zeldamaster12 wrote:You don't have to play the game to be a good staffer. While Joey doesn't really play the game anymore, he still knows a lot about the editor since he's been around since the beginning.
I never said he had to play the game? Caring about the game =/= Playing the game.
You might know me as LMNtals, Syndrilevosse, Danny, or 8bitmushroom.
If you need to get in contact with me, message me on Discord, or find me at SMW Central's Discord server where I moderate.

User avatar
Zeldamaster12
Cid
Cid
Posts: 4101
Joined: Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:43 pm
Flair: stop looking at my flair dangit

Re: The Last Word

Postby Zeldamaster12 » Sun May 17, 2015 6:22 pm

He does somewhat care about the game. He judged on one of the most recent CCs didn't he?
Image

User avatar
DarkMatt
Banned
Posts: 1144
Joined: Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:03 pm

Re: The Last Word

Postby DarkMatt » Mon May 18, 2015 12:08 am

You're all incapable of looking at this problem deeper than one dimension and doing something about it.

That is why even the people who can grasp the full concept and actually help this community get dragged down by everyone else who can't. Besides, when you're implying that you're either part of the staff or part of the userbase, part of the reason why this community is treated as two halves is because you perpetuate the problem.

This isn't directed at the staff or the userbase or even the shitty people. This is to absolutely everyone who was ever relevant in this community. The discord is so advanced that, ever since kathy, you've never moved on from the past. You still fear oppression to the point where you hate the very basic rule of moderation, even by your fellow users. This isn't a community or even a forum. What you're asking for is an imageboard's community. You're asking to be the 4chan of Mario, and do you really want to be labeled that shitty?

This community is so damn insistent on making the jump with everyone except those who disagree, it's fated to never move forward, and you have no one to blame but yourselves for insisting that you all can work together when you all want things ran your own way. There's no cooperation, there's no empathy. There's just mad children pushing and then asking for favors. That's not teamwork. That's being antagonistic because someone shat in your cornflakes. The reason why you're all so insistent on leadership isn't because you want a better community, it's because you want it done your way.

Until you all learn to stop fearing and respecting kathy's and knux's example, their shitty ways of doing things will still live on, in you.
[center]From illusion to truth. From darkness to light. From doom to eternity.[/center]

User avatar
underFlo
Reznor
Reznor
Posts: 4464
Joined: Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:44 am
Flair: sup im lesbiab
Pronouns: They/She
Contact:

Re: The Last Word

Postby underFlo » Mon May 18, 2015 1:10 am

DarkMatt wrote:You're all incapable of looking at this problem deeper than one dimension and doing something about it.

That is why even the people who can grasp the full concept and actually help this community get dragged down by everyone else who can't. Besides, when you're implying that you're either part of the staff or part of the userbase, part of the reason why this community is treated as two halves is because you perpetuate the problem.

This isn't directed at the staff or the userbase or even the shitty people. This is to absolutely everyone who was ever relevant in this community. The discord is so advanced that, ever since kathy, you've never moved on from the past. You still fear oppression to the point where you hate the very basic rule of moderation, even by your fellow users. This isn't a community or even a forum. What you're asking for is an imageboard's community. You're asking to be the 4chan of Mario, and do you really want to be labeled that shitty?

This community is so damn insistent on making the jump with everyone except those who disagree, it's fated to never move forward, and you have no one to blame but yourselves for insisting that you all can work together when you all want things ran your own way. There's no cooperation, there's no empathy. There's just mad children pushing and then asking for favors. That's not teamwork. That's being antagonistic because someone shat in your cornflakes. The reason why you're all so insistent on leadership isn't because you want a better community, it's because you want it done your way.

Until you all learn to stop fearing and respecting kathy's and knux's example, their shitty ways of doing things will still live on, in you.
Tbh I think the discord between mods and users is partly cased by each of the parties: A lot of staffers used to only contribute here to moderate or discuss in threads like this. Of course this isn't necessarily a bad thing since it can be a lack of time, but it kinda makes it harder for both to connect, however I feel like the new staff fixes this problem. They post all over the place and thus are less likely to get reduced to getting viewed as "staff" instead of the users that they are. So yeah, the staff's side seems to be getting better, however some users still shit on these people having changed and whatnot, which I can't agree with.

The other problen that a lot of the past staff had is not only a lack of interaction outside of moderating with the userbase, but harsh moderating or just moderating that isn't really too helpful, specificially referring to threads like Levels w/o screens or similar. Some mods did the worst thing and just posted s gif there and were like "lol fail", and while they probably were right and the users should be supposed to help the users, especially new ones, not make fun of them. Imagina a new user joining for the 1st time, posting his episode that doesn't have screens and then instantly gets made fun of by the staff. This not only makes moderators like this get reduced to getting seen as "staff" only, but they also manage to be seen as "mean staff", and that makes the discord even worse.
Now, what's the good part? Well, in my opinion we've also changed in this regard: A lot of staffers like Pseudo epsecially have a helpful attitude whem locking things like this, making them seen more friendly. In general I feel like we don't have any staff that manages to be so unwelcoming to new users, and this is really good! If mods like Squishy or Pseudo welcome the new users when they make their first posts, it's really nice. If they also manage to be online in a lot of places, I feel like the staff does all they can to reduce the discord.

So yeah, I feel like at least the staff contributes to reducing the discord.
im a girl yo

User avatar
DarkMatt
Banned
Posts: 1144
Joined: Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:03 pm

Re: The Last Word

Postby DarkMatt » Mon May 18, 2015 1:24 am

Nickname wrote:So yeah, I feel like at least the staff contributes to reducing the discord.
Good work goes unappreciated and it takes whatever reward the staff could have babysitting this community and shatter it into a million pieces. Due to this community's morals, however, you can expect this problem to never be solved. Even the most caustic of attitudes get let of with, "Don't do that," and, "Please understand." There may be a standard this community has, but no one upholds it in fear of stepping on the wrong toes. It leads to what you explained: mods that are ousted by the community over trivial disagreements, or robot mods. What is left is the worthless husk of an ideal community. And I can name plenty of people who will either straight up tell me they're okay with that, or try to weasel out by trying to justify their shitty attitude instead of explaining what they really want.

You can have god staff, but they won't do a thing when the community itself doesn't want to be pruned.
[center]From illusion to truth. From darkness to light. From doom to eternity.[/center]

User avatar
crusher169
Flurry
Flurry
Posts: 352
Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:09 am

Re: The Last Word

Postby crusher169 » Mon May 18, 2015 1:40 am

as much as I don't want to join this big childish feud going on, I willingly can say that this should stop. even though ive almost NEVER seen someone arguing with staff on this forum and am confused about why it is so brought up, I still think it should stop. whilst, yes, its almost impossible to stop fully. I still would rather it be toned down.
I'm not good at making signatures.

User avatar
DarkMatt
Banned
Posts: 1144
Joined: Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:03 pm

Re: The Last Word

Postby DarkMatt » Mon May 18, 2015 2:02 am

Stop how?

This mess does not come with an "off" button.
[center]From illusion to truth. From darkness to light. From doom to eternity.[/center]

User avatar
HeroOfRhyme
Boomerang Bro
Boomerang Bro
Posts: 1382
Joined: Sat May 17, 2014 12:47 pm

Re: The Last Word

Postby HeroOfRhyme » Mon May 18, 2015 2:41 am

DarkMatt wrote:Stop how?

This mess does not come with an "off" button.
Sure does come with and "on" button though. I've noticed this community is calm for a lot of the time, but as soon as something is seen as "wrong" to a person they write a book about it and post it and cause a bunch of shit that shouldn't need to happen, happen. That's where a lot of the drama comes from.

As well, there are always the same people participating in this drama. I don't want to name names, however if they didn't care so much bout every little thing that happens around here and let the staff do what they see best..then I think this would happen a lot less. I personally don't see this happening though, since I left for 3 months and came back and there's still drama. It seems every time this community comes to a stalemate, someone always finds a reason to complain.
[08:20:23] <SleepyKitty> AeroMatter, typing /ignore *!*@* will let you block curtain people CTCP'ing you
[08:20:32] <SleepyKitty> so for an example
[08:20:36] <Marinite> curtain
[08:20:40] <Apex> curtain
[08:20:43] <AeroMatter> curtain


Hi Yuki

User avatar
Danny
Mouser
Mouser
Posts: 3993
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:12 pm
Pronouns: He/Him

Re: The Last Word

Postby Danny » Mon May 18, 2015 3:21 am

DarkMatt wrote:Stop how?

This mess does not come with an "off" button.
But it can be stopped if you would knock off your shit posts and weren't so snippy with your wording and general behavior.

The car isn't stopped when you give it more gas.
You might know me as LMNtals, Syndrilevosse, Danny, or 8bitmushroom.
If you need to get in contact with me, message me on Discord, or find me at SMW Central's Discord server where I moderate.

User avatar
crusher169
Flurry
Flurry
Posts: 352
Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:09 am

Re: The Last Word

Postby crusher169 » Mon May 18, 2015 3:31 am

DarkMatt wrote:Stop how?

This mess does not come with an "off" button.
well it didn't start with an on button did it? no the people of this community made the on button by hand and pressed it repeatedly. now the on button is jammed and no one wants to fix it/make an off button

is this random wording good enough?
I'm not good at making signatures.

User avatar
DarkMatt
Banned
Posts: 1144
Joined: Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:03 pm

Re: The Last Word

Postby DarkMatt » Mon May 18, 2015 12:55 pm

Apex wrote:Sure does come with and "on" button though. I've noticed this community is calm for a lot of the time, but as soon as something is seen as "wrong" to a person they write a book about it and post it and cause a bunch of shit that shouldn't need to happen, happen. That's where a lot of the drama comes from.

As well, there are always the same people participating in this drama. I don't want to name names, however if they didn't care so much bout every little thing that happens around here and let the staff do what they see best..then I think this would happen a lot less. I personally don't see this happening though, since I left for 3 months and came back and there's still drama. It seems every time this community comes to a stalemate, someone always finds a reason to complain.
(man)children + reasons to complain = Headaches for all.

Trying to expect children to act mature and not moving forward until that happens has been the reason why this merry-go-round hasn't stopped. What's being asked is impossible, and who's asking for it is just about everyone that has a part in this community. I'd rather we just do the pruning, expect the hate forum to be built because petty hatred, and move on.
crusher169 wrote:is this random wording good enough?
No and it's because you agreed that it's just random wording.
[center]From illusion to truth. From darkness to light. From doom to eternity.[/center]

User avatar
Yoshibrothers
Rocky Wrench
Rocky Wrench
Posts: 667
Joined: Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:45 am

Re: The Last Word

Postby Yoshibrothers » Mon May 18, 2015 1:53 pm

The SMBX community(in relation to trying to mature those users who, well ya know) to me is like an addict. You can take the addiction away from them, you can force them to stop, you could make them clean of said addiction, but God help them if you stick that addiction in their face whether it be one time or many, they could easily go right back to doing it. Then there is the fact that problems can and will always happen. When you have a stubborn mule, chances are you will never tame that mule because of how stubborn it is. It just can't be done, especially with new users coming in all the time. Rules will be broken. Seeing from how people tend to handle reading rules in my smash tournaments, I can safely assume that most people don't bother to read the forum rules. Furthermore I can assume that is because much the userbase is(prepare for this one) lazy. So there you have it, our community is full of immature, stubborn, and lazy people. There is nothing we could possibly do about it and that will never change.

Time for part two of this post. I have never seen a place with more drama in my life, save for public schools in the real world. Those are absolutely terrible. It upsets me to say that I honestly care for the well being of the people here, but this is simply just too much to bare. Many users, new and veterans alike, leave for increments of time; some never return. Somehow that doesn't raise more of a red flag than this, and little word is given outside of the community's walls(to my surprise). So then you have the "bad" people, who are fighting/rambling for something they hate or something they want. I would like to point out that much things the average human does is for their personal gain. I'm basically saying that said personal gain could end in a bad result, i.e. the chain of problems that have occurred throughout SMBX's history. You could practically tell out a good person from a bad person. You could essentially call the staff the good end of the stick, but keep in mind that they are "bad" for what the average user would consider "a bad decision". The users, on the other hand, are the bad end of the stick, whereas while they can make good decisions, they will go into a frenzy if their demands aren't met, but why would they be demands, you ask? Personal gain. We can't necessarily say the staff doesn't have that, either, but that isn't my issue here, what it really is would be Deoxys's views on Privana. While I would have agreed with him if this were the past, in the present I can't help but say that his views appear wrong, but they aren't THAT kind of wrong(I'm not saying that they're right, either). Lets refer to the past again. I would have agreed with him if this problem were as widespread as it is now, and its not necessarily in the wrong to do that, because in the end that is what it has come down to, finding a safe-haven.That shouldn't be what we want. You can have a group of friends, sure, but don't turn that group into a faction. While its impossible for us to change someone from our standpoint, that doesn't mean that we couldn't keep this place from falling apart.

If you combine both of these issues, in the end it comes down to human behavior. While my opinion shouldn't change your opinion on the nature of human beings, I very well know that a lot of people can be terrible, including myself, without even knowing it. In a situation where they know what they're doing, they are more likely to defend themselves, and on the internet, its not easy to win nor to lose. There will always be constant shifts here that nobody can truly handle alone, so rather than try to take charge your way, why don't we for once try to handle our problems together? No arguments, try to agree and cooperate with people, even if you dislike them.
And this one goes to Joey especially: if you can't be here to take care of the community, find worthy people that can, no, not person, people. You can nitpick every flaw about this post, but if you do then you are simply missing the point.
Image
I've returned.

User avatar
lighthouse64
Charged Spiny
Charged Spiny
Posts: 1818
Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2014 6:28 am

Re: The Last Word

Postby lighthouse64 » Mon May 18, 2015 2:18 pm

I forgot to mention that if you really want a safe haven from drama, it's Platgenwohl forums. There is no drama there what soever.
Just your average user...

Oh, and sometimes I arrange stuff like this :P https://www.noteflight.com/scores/view/ ... 25261b1a11

User avatar
Yoshibrothers
Rocky Wrench
Rocky Wrench
Posts: 667
Joined: Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:45 am

Re: The Last Word

Postby Yoshibrothers » Mon May 18, 2015 3:26 pm

lighthouse64 wrote:I forgot to mention that if you really want a safe haven from drama, it's Platgenwohl forums. There is no drama there what soever.
That is where you are wrong. All is trial and error, and in this case, is most definitely error. Just because drama hasn't occurred there doesn't mean it won't happen sooner or later. I also wouldn't advertise it that way.
Image
I've returned.

MistakesWereMade
Torpedo Ted
Torpedo Ted
Posts: 1646
Joined: Tue Dec 31, 2013 4:13 pm

Re: The Last Word

Postby MistakesWereMade » Mon May 18, 2015 3:59 pm

-removed because ignoritus bitched at me-
Last edited by MistakesWereMade on Mon May 18, 2015 4:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
HeroOfRhyme
Boomerang Bro
Boomerang Bro
Posts: 1382
Joined: Sat May 17, 2014 12:47 pm

Re: The Last Word

Postby HeroOfRhyme » Mon May 18, 2015 4:01 pm

lighthouse64 wrote:I forgot to mention that if you really want a safe haven from drama, it's Platgenwohl forums. There is no drama there what soever.
You seriously don't understand do you? There's no such thing as a safe haven from drama, and running away from the problem isnt going to fix it. I pity you for advertising during this mess. Also, what Yoshibrothers posted. There would be drama there eventually.
[08:20:23] <SleepyKitty> AeroMatter, typing /ignore *!*@* will let you block curtain people CTCP'ing you
[08:20:32] <SleepyKitty> so for an example
[08:20:36] <Marinite> curtain
[08:20:40] <Apex> curtain
[08:20:43] <AeroMatter> curtain


Hi Yuki

User avatar
Mivixion
Panser
Panser
Posts: 1052
Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2014 2:44 pm

Re: The Last Word

Postby Mivixion » Mon May 18, 2015 6:26 pm

As a user, and not a moderator, can you guys go a full month without finding some tiny thing that was never significant before to randomly start whining about?

sleepy
Rocky Wrench
Rocky Wrench
Posts: 653
Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2014 4:33 pm

Re: The Last Word

Postby sleepy » Mon May 18, 2015 6:28 pm

^ yes, I've done it multiple times.
Regards,
sleepy



IRC Quotes
Spoiler: show
<pixels> this forum has enough keys to solve SMW twenty times over

<Legend-tony980> GhostHawk, what is a bot?
<GhostBot> a user without a soul
contact info
Spoiler: show
Image


Return to “SuperMarioBrosX.org”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests