Pokémon Mystery Dungeon - Wonder Beyond
Disclaimer: Pokémon belongs to Nintendo; this is just a fan fiction with a fanplot inspired in other Nintendo plots.
Chapter 2 – Why is this place Revelation Mountain? Easy, it reveals what you want or don’t want to know…
- Are you OK, pal? – said Lucario, the only member of Riolu’s evolutionary line, not counting mega-evolutions, of course.
- By OK you mean totally covered in fear, for waking up on a random mountain with a talking Lucario on top of it! – answered the Emanation Pokémon, without a shred of patience.
- OK, I can see you’re angry.– answered Lucario - By the way, what’s your name?
- She made me forgot my name! – responded the nameless baby Pokémon.
- She who? – responded the Aura Pokémon, confused as ever.
- Forget it! I still need a name! – answered a nameless Riolu.
- How about Aura? – spoke Lucario, in the middle of this messed up situation, but realizing by the looks on the Emanation Pokémon’s face that he wasn’t pulling a trick on him.
- Yeah. The name is cool. – said Aura, more relieved.
Three Beheeyem were chatting next to it. Suddenly, they turned black and their eyes turn a glowing dark-red. Following this strange visual changes, they tried to fire Psybeam at Riolu and his buddy. Lucario then started to run, while carrying Aura on its arms.
- I can’t use moves! – said Riolu.
- Well, why not? – talked Lucario.
- Because… It’s hard to say… - answered Aura – It’s too weird and nobody would believe on it...
- Just say it. A lot of weird things happen in here. – said Lucario with a playful tone.
- I… I… I WAS HUMAN! I was a human! I don’t remember my name, my family and can’t use any moves! I only remember being trapped in a white void and falling sky-high into this mountain! – whispered Lucario.
- That’s… Pretty hard to believe… - said Lucario – You’re not pulling a trick on me, are you?
- No! I’m not! I swear! – spoke Aura in a hurry.
- OK, I believe you… - said nervously Lucario.
- I have an idea! A Pokémon can use moves! – said the Emanation Pokémon. – Do you know any? I can’t use moves because, you know, I’m like a newborn in this world…
- I WOULD use moves, except I’m not! I’m carrying you, and since you can’t run since, you’re human with a new body that you aren’t familiar with! If I fire a move, you can get hurt by mistake! – said Lucario.
- So, what do we do? They’re catching up! – asked Riolu.
Then, Aura joined his hands together and made a round hole between them. He concentrated a bit of willpower (thoughts like “We’ll do it!” and those things that happen EVERY SINGLE DRAMATIC FANFIC), which came to life and turned blue, his first move: Aura Sphere. When he noticed the powerful energy on its hands, he quickly tried to fire the blue ball at them, which was more than needed to make they “snap out of it”.
- Wow! For a recent “newborn” on this world, your first move was quite powerful! – said Lucario.
- Thanks, I guess! – answered happily Aura.
They climbed down Revelation Mountain and came to its house on Lively Town with it.
- So, even though you don’t remember a lot, you need to learn about this world. So, I’m sending you to a school, OK? – told Lucario.
- More than okay! I still can write and read though, and I actually walked a bit on our way to your house! – said Aura.
- Actually, our house… - answered Lucario. – If you don’t live with me, you’d be homeless. I wouldn’t want that!
- Thanks, Lucario! You’re such a nice guy! – Aura said joyfully, with tears on its eyes, crying off the happiness overflow.
Lucario wiped his tears, they hugged and the rest of the day was a pretty casual day in Lively Town (pretty similar to the real world things but with a Pokémon twist).
They had a great father-son relationship for some time, both of them learning about their respective worlds, traditions and more. After 2 whole months, Aura was ready to learn a lot more about this world and go to the Lively Town’s School. However, a really memorable experience happened the day before its school debut.