WIP Graphics Showcase III

Share anything artistic that you've made, like short stories, drawings, and music.
SuperAlex
Swooper
Swooper

Re: WIP Graphics Showcase III

Postby SuperAlex » Mon Aug 30, 2021 4:50 pm

Hi, I'm being inspired by the graphics in this next video. But do not worry about the remaining black graphics that I work for it but the problem is that the skull pile (the ? orb tapes this graphic) in this video KLDC 2021appears in the game. from what game appears this? Because I didn't found
I believe and I accept Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. If you do, put this in your signature.

Jumper
Hoopster
Hoopster

Postby Jumper » Sun Sep 12, 2021 6:08 am

Well, it's been a hot minute since I was last in the forums (let alone this topic), so hey guys.
While I was away, I've been trying to make hand-made assets for use in other games (not just SMBX), and so far I think I did pretty decently.

One of my first tilesets made is called "8-Bit Grassland".
The name is a Prototype; most likely won't stick around for long.

In case the name isn't obvious, the tiles follow the NES color rule (3 colors + 1 transparent).

Besides from the Grassland Tiles, I also made a "Hard Block" and "Ladder" for use outside of the tilesets.

But I've talked for too long, here's some pictures to show what I'm talking about:
Spoiler: show

I've not made anything else (like NPCs, BGOs, etc.), so this is what I have atm.
I plan on adding slopes (and in fact made some), however they are...strange.

I'll post later when I get more time on the slopes, as it's ~5 am where I live, and assembling the tiles took long enough..

Regardless, hope it's decent enough for use.

If this is in the wrong topic, do let me know so I can change it to the appropriate topic.
Supported Projects: show
Spoiler: show
thehelmetguy1 wrote: True rules of SMBX:
1-SMB3 graphics ftw
2-SMB3 graphics are the answer to life
3-If you don't use SMB3 graphics you don't know how to make levels
4-SMB3 graphics are the most important thing to have in your level
5-SMB3 graphics were so loved that someone said they were overrated and this person died 1337 times and became a SMB3 graphic. We could make a religion out of this.

Mushroom King
Tweeter
Tweeter

Postby Mushroom King » Mon Sep 13, 2021 8:27 am

Looking nice. Very fitting for a 8-Bit platformer.

Return to “Art Board”