WIP Graphics Showcase III

Share anything artistic that you've made, like short stories, drawings, and music.
SuperAlex
Bit
Bit

Re: WIP Graphics Showcase III

Postby SuperAlex » Mon Aug 30, 2021 4:50 pm

Hi, I'm being inspired by the graphics in this next video. But do not worry about the remaining black graphics that I work for it but the problem is that the skull pile (the ? orb tapes this graphic) in this video KLDC 2021appears in the game. from what game appears this? Because I didn't found
I believe and I accept Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. If you do, put this in your signature.

Jumper
Hoopster
Hoopster

Postby Jumper » Sun Sep 12, 2021 6:08 am

Well, it's been a hot minute since I was last in the forums (let alone this topic), so hey guys.
While I was away, I've been trying to make hand-made assets for use in other games (not just SMBX), and so far I think I did pretty decently.

One of my first tilesets made is called "8-Bit Grassland".
The name is a Prototype; most likely won't stick around for long.

In case the name isn't obvious, the tiles follow the NES color rule (3 colors + 1 transparent).

Besides from the Grassland Tiles, I also made a "Hard Block" and "Ladder" for use outside of the tilesets.

But I've talked for too long, here's some pictures to show what I'm talking about:
Spoiler: show

I've not made anything else (like NPCs, BGOs, etc.), so this is what I have atm.
I plan on adding slopes (and in fact made some), however they are...strange.

I'll post later when I get more time on the slopes, as it's ~5 am where I live, and assembling the tiles took long enough..

Regardless, hope it's decent enough for use.

If this is in the wrong topic, do let me know so I can change it to the appropriate topic.
Supported Projects: show
thehelmetguy1 wrote: True rules of SMBX:
1-SMB3 graphics ftw
2-SMB3 graphics are the answer to life
3-If you don't use SMB3 graphics you don't know how to make levels
4-SMB3 graphics are the most important thing to have in your level
5-SMB3 graphics were so loved that someone said they were overrated and this person died 1337 times and became a SMB3 graphic. We could make a religion out of this.

Mushroom King
Tweeter
Tweeter

Postby Mushroom King » Mon Sep 13, 2021 8:27 am

Looking nice. Very fitting for a 8-Bit platformer.

Jumper
Hoopster
Hoopster

Postby Jumper » Tue Sep 21, 2021 4:12 am

So, it's been about a week since I last posted, and within that time I've made a few more 8x tiles for the tileset.

I'm not going to delve much deeper into this, so here's a Sample Level I've made using said tiles:
Sample Level: show
I have made (a little) more tiles than just those shown, but I'm still working on the slopes, amongst other tiles.

Any feedback is welcome, as it helps with improving the tiles.
Mushroom King wrote:
Mon Sep 13, 2021 8:27 am
Looking nice. Very fitting for a 8-Bit platformer.
Thanks; tried to at least make it accurate to NES limits.
Supported Projects: show
thehelmetguy1 wrote: True rules of SMBX:
1-SMB3 graphics ftw
2-SMB3 graphics are the answer to life
3-If you don't use SMB3 graphics you don't know how to make levels
4-SMB3 graphics are the most important thing to have in your level
5-SMB3 graphics were so loved that someone said they were overrated and this person died 1337 times and became a SMB3 graphic. We could make a religion out of this.

Return to “Art Board”