Eric without cartoon style.

Share anything artistic that you've made, like short stories, drawings, and music.
Forum rules
Before you make a topic/post, consider the following:
-Is there a topic for this already?
-Is your post on-topic/appropriate?
-Are you posting in the right forum/following the forum rules?
User avatar
Core
Grinder
Grinder
Posts: 1021
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:29 am

Eric without cartoon style.

Postby Core » Fri Nov 06, 2015 8:27 am

Do you think what i am draw all this in MS paint. Those tells what i am drawing on MS paint, but that isn't true. I do all this in paint.net and in game maker sprite editor. Heres a art that i am did in paint.net.
Spoiler: show
Image

User avatar
Enjl
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Posts: 7630
Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:58 pm
Flair: Orphion Egamalenitar Osmos IV, Esq.

Re: Eric without cartoon style.

Postby Enjl » Fri Nov 06, 2015 10:04 am

See if you made it in MSpaint I could understand why parts of it look kinda garbage, but since you used Paint.net to create this pillowshaded, jagged mess, I feel personally insulted for no particular reason. Few months ago I posted a tutorial on how to do pixel art/sprites in the help and support section. I HIGHLY suggest you check that out. Especially the parts about how to create a proper outline, and how to shade properly.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

User avatar
Waddle
Tellah
Tellah
Posts: 1568
Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2014 4:59 am
Flair: The goblin uprising is upon us

Re: Eric without cartoon style.

Postby Waddle » Fri Nov 06, 2015 11:00 am

Enjl wrote:See if you made it in MSpaint I could understand why parts of it look kinda garbage, but since you used Paint.net to create this pillowshaded, jagged mess, I feel personally insulted for no particular reason. Few months ago I posted a tutorial on how to do pixel art/sprites in the help and support section. I HIGHLY suggest you check that out. Especially the parts about how to create a proper outline, and how to shade properly.
At this point, I honestly believe he just ignores critisism. There's no point in trying to help him, really.
Image

User avatar
PixelPest
Link
Link
Posts: 7118
Joined: Sun Jul 12, 2015 5:38 pm
Flair: Tamer of Boom Booms
Current Project: Boom Boom Evolution
Chat Username: PixelPest
Contact:

Re: Eric without cartoon style.

Postby PixelPest » Fri Nov 06, 2015 12:50 pm

This could very possibly be the worst computer drawing I've ever seen. The proportions are terrible and the ears are so bad they're almost disturbing. The eyes are something else and the nose is all wrong. The hair looks like a giant blob of silly putty smushed on top of its (his?) head. The neck is too long and the whole drawing lacks texture and proper form (shape). The shadowing is all wrong. You need to avoid pillowshading around the entire face and hair-blob, indicate cheekbones, nostrils, lips, and pretty much get rid of this drawing completely because nothing can save it now.

User avatar
Witchking666
Silver Yoshi Egg
Silver Yoshi Egg
Posts: 1770
Joined: Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:47 am
Current Project: Mario & Luigi: Quest of Fear

Re: Eric without cartoon style.

Postby Witchking666 » Sat Nov 07, 2015 2:13 am

Wtf did i just run into man?

This is not good y know
I'm tired of this back-slapping "Isn't humanity neat?" bullshit. We're a virus with shoes, okay? That's all we are.
Bill Hicks.


Check out my stuff:
Spoiler: show
Image.
Image

HealthyMario
Ripper II
Ripper II
Posts: 308
Joined: Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:06 pm

Re: Eric without cartoon style.

Postby HealthyMario » Sun Nov 08, 2015 8:51 am

PixelPest wrote:This could very possibly be the worst computer drawing I've ever seen. The proportions are terrible and the ears are so bad they're almost disturbing. The eyes are something else and the nose is all wrong. The hair looks like a giant blob of silly putty smushed on top of its (his?) head. The neck is too long and the whole drawing lacks texture and proper form (shape). The shadowing is all wrong. You need to avoid pillowshading around the entire face and hair-blob, indicate cheekbones, nostrils, lips, and pretty much get rid of this drawing completely because nothing can save it now.
Though it is kinda bad but I've seen worse :P

User avatar
Murphmario
Mouser
Mouser
Posts: 1941
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2013 7:07 pm

Re: Eric without cartoon style.

Postby Murphmario » Sun Nov 08, 2015 2:20 pm

Hey, at least it could be worse.

Also, his neck is too long.
Now taking graphics requests:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1urWpFq ... #responses

My graphics pack:
http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... t=1960/url

Nothing is coming on Christmas. Why? Because I missed my past promises and should stop putting release dates on my stuff.

Zonnepoes
Hoopster
Hoopster
Posts: 167
Joined: Mon Jun 16, 2014 12:16 pm
Current Project: Nothing at all.

Re: Eric without cartoon style.

Postby Zonnepoes » Wed Nov 11, 2015 7:43 am

Even if he is banned already, i probably should judge it.

I don't want to be offensive, but this just looks plain... weird.

The ear is a bit too long, the hair look awkward and the throat is a little bit too long. Also, it looks likes he is doing some kind of creepy stare. I would probably suggest to draw a little more on paper (and improve) and try drawing on a computer again.
Image
Spoiler: show
Image
Image
Don't click if you dare! (bad box)

Also known on those websites as:
smwcentral:http://www.smwcentral.net/?p=profile&id=25353
raocow's talkhaus:http://talkhaus.raocow.com/memberlist.p ... le&u=98499

Keep in mind that i am not a very active SMBX poster anymore. The game is still pretty awesome, but i decided to post a little more on SMWCentral.

User avatar
PixelPest
Link
Link
Posts: 7118
Joined: Sun Jul 12, 2015 5:38 pm
Flair: Tamer of Boom Booms
Current Project: Boom Boom Evolution
Chat Username: PixelPest
Contact:

Re: Eric without cartoon style.

Postby PixelPest » Wed Nov 11, 2015 7:57 am

Zonnepoes wrote:Even if he is banned already, i probably should judge it.
What sense does that make?


Return to “Art Board”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest