Eric without cartoon style.

Share anything artistic that you've made, like short stories, drawings, and music.
Forum rules
Before you make a topic/post, consider the following:
-Is there a topic for this already?
-Is your post on-topic/appropriate?
-Are you posting in the right forum/following the forum rules?
Core
Grinder
Grinder

Eric without cartoon style.

Postby Core » Fri Nov 06, 2015 8:27 am

Do you think what i am draw all this in MS paint. Those tells what i am drawing on MS paint, but that isn't true. I do all this in paint.net and in game maker sprite editor. Heres a art that i am did in paint.net.
Spoiler: show

Enjl
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Flair: Orphion Egamalenitar Osmos IV, Esq.

Re: Eric without cartoon style.

Postby Enjl » Fri Nov 06, 2015 10:04 am

See if you made it in MSpaint I could understand why parts of it look kinda garbage, but since you used Paint.net to create this pillowshaded, jagged mess, I feel personally insulted for no particular reason. Few months ago I posted a tutorial on how to do pixel art/sprites in the help and support section. I HIGHLY suggest you check that out. Especially the parts about how to create a proper outline, and how to shade properly.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Waddle
Tellah
Tellah
Flair: The goblin uprising is upon us

Postby Waddle » Fri Nov 06, 2015 11:00 am

Enjl wrote:See if you made it in MSpaint I could understand why parts of it look kinda garbage, but since you used Paint.net to create this pillowshaded, jagged mess, I feel personally insulted for no particular reason. Few months ago I posted a tutorial on how to do pixel art/sprites in the help and support section. I HIGHLY suggest you check that out. Especially the parts about how to create a proper outline, and how to shade properly.
At this point, I honestly believe he just ignores critisism. There's no point in trying to help him, really.

PixelPest
Link
Link
Flair: Tamer of Boom Booms
Current Project: Boom Boom Evolution
Chat Username: PixelPest

Postby PixelPest » Fri Nov 06, 2015 12:50 pm

This could very possibly be the worst computer drawing I've ever seen. The proportions are terrible and the ears are so bad they're almost disturbing. The eyes are something else and the nose is all wrong. The hair looks like a giant blob of silly putty smushed on top of its (his?) head. The neck is too long and the whole drawing lacks texture and proper form (shape). The shadowing is all wrong. You need to avoid pillowshading around the entire face and hair-blob, indicate cheekbones, nostrils, lips, and pretty much get rid of this drawing completely because nothing can save it now.

Witchking666
Silver Yoshi Egg
Silver Yoshi Egg
Current Project: Mario & Luigi: Quest of Fear

Postby Witchking666 » Sat Nov 07, 2015 2:13 am

Wtf did i just run into man?

This is not good y know
I'm tired of this back-slapping "Isn't humanity neat?" bullshit. We're a virus with shoes, okay? That's all we are.
Bill Hicks.

Check out my stuff:
Image.

HealthyMario
Ripper II
Ripper II

Postby HealthyMario » Sun Nov 08, 2015 8:51 am

PixelPest wrote:This could very possibly be the worst computer drawing I've ever seen. The proportions are terrible and the ears are so bad they're almost disturbing. The eyes are something else and the nose is all wrong. The hair looks like a giant blob of silly putty smushed on top of its (his?) head. The neck is too long and the whole drawing lacks texture and proper form (shape). The shadowing is all wrong. You need to avoid pillowshading around the entire face and hair-blob, indicate cheekbones, nostrils, lips, and pretty much get rid of this drawing completely because nothing can save it now.
Though it is kinda bad but I've seen worse :P

Murphmario
Mouser
Mouser

Postby Murphmario » Sun Nov 08, 2015 2:20 pm

Hey, at least it could be worse.

Also, his neck is too long.
Now taking graphics requests:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1urWpFq ... #responses

My graphics pack:
http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... t=1960/url

Nothing is coming on Christmas. Why? Because I missed my past promises and should stop putting release dates on my stuff.

Zonnepoes
Hoopster
Hoopster
Current Project: Nothing at all.

Postby Zonnepoes » Wed Nov 11, 2015 7:43 am

Even if he is banned already, i probably should judge it.

I don't want to be offensive, but this just looks plain... weird.

The ear is a bit too long, the hair look awkward and the throat is a little bit too long. Also, it looks likes he is doing some kind of creepy stare. I would probably suggest to draw a little more on paper (and improve) and try drawing on a computer again.
Don't click if you dare! (bad box)

Also known on those websites as:
smwcentral:http://www.smwcentral.net/?p=profile&id=25353
raocow's talkhaus:http://talkhaus.raocow.com/memberlist.p ... le&u=98499

Keep in mind that i am not a very active SMBX poster anymore. The game is still pretty awesome, but i decided to post a little more on SMWCentral.

PixelPest
Link
Link
Flair: Tamer of Boom Booms
Current Project: Boom Boom Evolution
Chat Username: PixelPest

Postby PixelPest » Wed Nov 11, 2015 7:57 am

Zonnepoes wrote:Even if he is banned already, i probably should judge it.
What sense does that make?

Return to “Art Board”