Hawkeye City (10/18/17- Sneak Peek for "Hawk Runner"!)

Share anything artistic that you've made, like short stories, drawings, and music.
User avatar
Hawkeyeone
Mega Mole
Mega Mole
Posts: 255
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:01 pm
Current Project: Hawkeye City

Hawkeye City (10/18/17- Sneak Peek for "Hawk Runner"!)

Postby Hawkeyeone » Mon Nov 28, 2016 5:56 pm

Image

Welcome to Hawkeye City! Where the entire forum's a huge apartment building and everything else is just chill!

Hawkeye City is a reboot of the classic SMBX webcomic The Idiotic Adventures of Hawkeyeone. My decision to reboot the series as Hawkeye City had to do with several characters, events, and other variables no longer being relevant in the SMBX community of today, and also because as a teenager, I've developed better planning, artistic, and writing skills. Be sure to check back often for new episodes!

Episode 1- The Letter
Episode: show
Image
Episode 2- Hawkeyeone's Picture
Episode: show
Image
Episode 3- Studio Visit
Episode: show
Image
Episode 4- Valtteri Valterri
Episode: show
Image
Episode 5- Business Aftermath
Episode: show
Image
Episode 6- My Name is Knux
Episode: show
Image
Episode 7- Trouble at the Artists' Meeting
Episode: show
Image
Last edited by Hawkeyeone on Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:55 am, edited 10 times in total.
Image

User avatar
Danny
Mario
Mario
Posts: 4038
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:12 pm
Chat Username: Syndrilevosse#3884

Re: Hawkeye City (New Hawkeyeone Comic! TIAOH Reboot)

Postby Danny » Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:13 pm

Hawkeyeone wrote:Q: What are some of the main differences between this series and TIAOH?
A: *Characters now have updated designs to give more complexity to their character. Hawkeyeone now has a nice head of hair.
*All rules involving characters per season and episodes per season have been abandoned. I will end and start seasons when I feel that the time is right.
*Colors are more complex and design-oriented than they were in TIAOH.
*Characters have more complex personalities.

Q: Will you be continuing The Idiotic Adventures of Hawkeyeone?
A: No. The original series will no longer be continued. The last TIAOH episode was Episode 77- Hawkeyeone the Artist: Part 2, which was uploaded to the now-extinct Privanna forums on June 30th, 2015. There was a rule in TIAOH that every season had to be 10 episodes long. I am aware that Season 8, the final season of TIAOH, was only 7, but I do not find a point in continuing the series for the sake of just ending it.

Q: Will Radu the Guy return?
A: No.
Essentially, these are things a reader wouldn't need to know or something they wouldn't care about in the first place. It's been a solid 2-3 years since TIAOH hit the ground, and since then we've spawned a whole new userbase entirely. I think at this point, not many people would remember much of what TIAOH was, so there isn't really a need to put all this unnecessary information here. Just a bit of advice.

And for more advice, I would recommend working on a better story for a first episode? It seems very short and doesn't explain much of what the series will be about. Also, I would refrain from using colors with a really high saturation, aka neon colors. You have a tendency of using harsh and clashing colors that don't really make things distinct either. Try toning down the saturation. I want to know which one looks more appealing to look at for you:
Spoiler: show
Image Image
Though I will admit the one on the right is pretty muted, it's still more appealing to look at than the clown vomit on the left.
I used to be 8bitmushroom but not anymore.
If you need to get in contact with me, message me on Discord, or find me at SMW Central's Discord server where I moderate.

User avatar
Kley
Edge
Edge
Posts: 689
Joined: Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:00 am
Flair: Robot
Chat Username: Kley

Re: Hawkeye City (New Hawkeyeone Comic! TIAOH Reboot)

Postby Kley » Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:26 pm

First issue wasn't too bad. Just waiting to see if this actually has a story line that will smoothly progress! I'll be monitoring this thread.

Image


User avatar
Hawkeyeone
Mega Mole
Mega Mole
Posts: 255
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:01 pm
Current Project: Hawkeye City

Re: Hawkeye City (New Hawkeyeone Comic! TIAOH Reboot)

Postby Hawkeyeone » Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:37 pm

Syndrilevosse wrote:
Hawkeyeone wrote:Q: What are some of the main differences between this series and TIAOH?
A: *Characters now have updated designs to give more complexity to their character. Hawkeyeone now has a nice head of hair.
*All rules involving characters per season and episodes per season have been abandoned. I will end and start seasons when I feel that the time is right.
*Colors are more complex and design-oriented than they were in TIAOH.
*Characters have more complex personalities.

Q: Will you be continuing The Idiotic Adventures of Hawkeyeone?
A: No. The original series will no longer be continued. The last TIAOH episode was Episode 77- Hawkeyeone the Artist: Part 2, which was uploaded to the now-extinct Privanna forums on June 30th, 2015. There was a rule in TIAOH that every season had to be 10 episodes long. I am aware that Season 8, the final season of TIAOH, was only 7, but I do not find a point in continuing the series for the sake of just ending it.

Q: Will Radu the Guy return?
A: No.
Essentially, these are things a reader wouldn't need to know or something they wouldn't care about in the first place. It's been a solid 2-3 years since TIAOH hit the ground, and since then we've spawned a whole new userbase entirely. I think at this point, not many people would remember much of what TIAOH was, so there isn't really a need to put all this unnecessary information here. Just a bit of advice.

And for more advice, I would recommend working on a better story for a first episode? It seems very short and doesn't explain much of what the series will be about. Also, I would refrain from using colors with a really high saturation, aka neon colors. You have a tendency of using harsh and clashing colors that don't really make things distinct either. Try toning down the saturation. I want to know which one looks more appealing to look at for you:
Spoiler: show
Image Image
Though I will admit the one on the right is pretty muted, it's still more appealing to look at than the clown vomit on the left.
1. You're supposed to know in the coming episodes more about the area and characters. This is a common theme of storytelling where you don't just barf out all the information in the first episode, and it keeps you in suspense.

2. I know my colors may seem saturated sometimes, and I do my best to not make them hard to look at, however, the vibrant colors are really just a part of the artstyle. Bleak muted colors wouldn't work well because you need the sufficient lights to fill up the darks. That picture is appealing to look at because there is a sufficient amount of shading. Shading would be hard to do in my comic artstyle, so me toning down the color levels in my comics by 50% would not make it more appealing to look at.

3. I wasn't going to have that FAQ forever. I needed to fill up some empty space in the post, but now we can also have this second FAQ I have just written.
Image

User avatar
FireyPaperMario
Peach
Peach
Posts: 5751
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2014 1:39 pm
Flair: 90's kid born in late 1993 ^_^
Current Project: SEGA Genesis/Mega Drive GFXs
Chat Username: Shin FireyPaperMario
Contact:

Re: Hawkeye City (New Hawkeyeone Comic! TIAOH Reboot)

Postby FireyPaperMario » Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:53 am

I never even seen your original comics, but I do love the first issue of this reboot! ^.^')
Image
(Mega Drive GFX Pack coming soon)
Mario RPG goals (62% of the goals completed)
My Pixiv
I'm autistic & have ADHD.

User avatar
Hawkeyeone
Mega Mole
Mega Mole
Posts: 255
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:01 pm
Current Project: Hawkeye City

Re: Hawkeye City (12/2/16- Hawkeyeone's Picture)

Postby Hawkeyeone » Sat Dec 03, 2016 12:59 am

Image

Sorry it took a while. Enjoy! I uploaded this comic at about 11:59 PM.
Image

PixelPest
Link
Link
Posts: 7116
Joined: Sun Jul 12, 2015 5:38 pm
Flair: Tamer of Boom Booms
Current Project: Boom Boom Evolution
Chat Username: PixelPest
Contact:

Re: Hawkeye City (12/2/16- Hawkeyeone's Picture)

Postby PixelPest » Sat Dec 03, 2016 8:13 am

I'm really enjoying these. Nice job

User avatar
Kley
Edge
Edge
Posts: 689
Joined: Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:00 am
Flair: Robot
Chat Username: Kley

Re: Hawkeye City (12/2/16- Hawkeyeone's Picture)

Postby Kley » Sat Dec 03, 2016 10:35 am

I've always said that I enjoy the emphasis you put on your characters body language and expressions. Still lurking this thread to see where this story may be going. Is this gonna have a plot, or is this just random episode to episode?

Image


User avatar
Amine Retro
Purple Yoshi Egg
Purple Yoshi Egg
Posts: 518
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2016 7:20 am
Chat Username: Bench-kun

Re: Hawkeye City (12/2/16- Hawkeyeone's Picture)

Postby Amine Retro » Sat Dec 03, 2016 11:03 am

stupid question, but what does TIAOH stand for?
my signature
my discord server. we have a WIP episode there too, so you can join if you're interested.
i support: show
Image

User avatar
Snessy the duck
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa
Posts: 2700
Joined: Sat Sep 20, 2014 6:04 am
Current Project: idk lol

Re: Hawkeye City (12/2/16- Hawkeyeone's Picture)

Postby Snessy the duck » Sat Dec 03, 2016 11:58 am

amine_retro wrote:stupid question, but what does TIAOH stand for?
The Idiotic Adventures Of Hawkeyeone, the name of his previous comic.
Image

My Switch friend code: SW-5399-6466-3493

Image

User avatar
Amine Retro
Purple Yoshi Egg
Purple Yoshi Egg
Posts: 518
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2016 7:20 am
Chat Username: Bench-kun

Re: Hawkeye City (12/2/16- Hawkeyeone's Picture)

Postby Amine Retro » Sat Dec 03, 2016 12:08 pm

Snessy the duck wrote:
amine_retro wrote:stupid question, but what does TIAOH stand for?
The Idiotic Adventures Of Hawkeyeone, the name of his previous comic.
is it here somewhere in the forums? or in another forum? i don't seem to find it here...
my signature
my discord server. we have a WIP episode there too, so you can join if you're interested.
i support: show
Image

User avatar
Snessy the duck
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa
Posts: 2700
Joined: Sat Sep 20, 2014 6:04 am
Current Project: idk lol

Re: Hawkeye City (12/2/16- Hawkeyeone's Picture)

Postby Snessy the duck » Sat Dec 03, 2016 12:15 pm

amine_retro wrote:
Snessy the duck wrote:
amine_retro wrote:stupid question, but what does TIAOH stand for?
The Idiotic Adventures Of Hawkeyeone, the name of his previous comic.
is it here somewhere in the forums? or in another forum? i don't seem to find it here...
I don't know, maybe try asking Hawkeyeone?
Image

My Switch friend code: SW-5399-6466-3493

Image

User avatar
Hawkeyeone
Mega Mole
Mega Mole
Posts: 255
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:01 pm
Current Project: Hawkeye City

Re: Hawkeye City (12/2/16- Hawkeyeone's Picture)

Postby Hawkeyeone » Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:21 pm

Snessy the duck wrote:
amine_retro wrote:
Snessy the duck wrote: The Idiotic Adventures Of Hawkeyeone, the name of his previous comic.
is it here somewhere in the forums? or in another forum? i don't seem to find it here...
I don't know, maybe try asking Hawkeyeone?
Good question... There was a topic a long time ago from about 2013 or so. Honestly the comic is quite bumpy and since it was made over a period of three years with little regard to consistency, there's really drastic changes in tone, which I never thought about because I made it when I was like, 13. So I didn't really get that concept at then.

In other words, it's not that... Great. But there are a good amount of episodes that are quite nice. I will release a "Best of" pack someday.
Kley wrote:I've always said that I enjoy the emphasis you put on your characters body language and expressions. Still lurking this thread to see where this story may be going. Is this gonna have a plot, or is this just random episode to episode?
Good question. There will be a plot, but it's something I like to call a "standalone plot". This is where the episodes follow said plot, but they don't always address the last episode. That way, you can read the newest one without feeling lost, or if you haven't read it in a long time you won't have to catch up and binge-read every single episode.

So yes, there's a plot, and when the plot ends a new plot will then start with maybe simple stand-alone episodes in between.
Image

Enchlore
Mega Mole
Mega Mole
Posts: 273
Joined: Thu May 08, 2014 3:40 pm

Re: Hawkeye City (12/2/16- Hawkeyeone's Picture)

Postby Enchlore » Sun Dec 04, 2016 11:28 am

Those album cover references are pretty swell.
Image

User avatar
Hawkeyeone
Mega Mole
Mega Mole
Posts: 255
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:01 pm
Current Project: Hawkeye City

Re: Hawkeye City (12/10/16- Studio Visit)

Postby Hawkeyeone » Sun Dec 11, 2016 12:59 am

Image
Image

User avatar
Hawkeyeone
Mega Mole
Mega Mole
Posts: 255
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:01 pm
Current Project: Hawkeye City

Re: Hawkeye City (1/1/17- Valtteri Valterri)

Postby Hawkeyeone » Sun Jan 01, 2017 1:00 am

Image

Nothing like a new episode on the stroke of the bell!(in my timezone, that is).

Enjoy!
Image

User avatar
Hawkeyeone
Mega Mole
Mega Mole
Posts: 255
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:01 pm
Current Project: Hawkeye City

Re: Hawkeye City (3/2/17- Business Aftermath)

Postby Hawkeyeone » Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:30 pm

Image
Image

User avatar
Kley
Edge
Edge
Posts: 689
Joined: Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:00 am
Flair: Robot
Chat Username: Kley

Re: Hawkeye City (3/2/17- Business Aftermath)

Postby Kley » Fri Mar 03, 2017 2:39 pm

Who's the new light green and dark purple guy from the last episode?

Image


Rhosty
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa
Posts: 2454
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2016 8:02 pm
Flair: All toasters toast toast
Current Project: Nothing
Chat Username: practical

Re: Hawkeye City (3/2/17- Business Aftermath)

Postby Rhosty » Fri Mar 03, 2017 2:42 pm

Kley wrote:Who's the new light green and dark purple guy from the last episode?
I think it's supposed to be you? The hair style looks awfully similar.

Knux
Nipper Plant
Nipper Plant
Posts: 735
Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:55 pm

Re: Hawkeye City (3/2/17- Business Aftermath)

Postby Knux » Sun Mar 05, 2017 8:13 pm

Hawkeyeone wrote:Image
I have read this several times and I still do not get it.


Return to “Art Board”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 15 guests