Hawkeye City (10/18/17- Sneak Peek for "Hawk Runner"!)

Share anything artistic that you've made, like short stories, drawings, and music.
Hawkeyeone
Mega Mole
Mega Mole
Current Project: Hawkeye City

Hawkeye City (10/18/17- Sneak Peek for "Hawk Runner"!)

Postby Hawkeyeone » Mon Nov 28, 2016 5:56 pm

Welcome to Hawkeye City! Where the entire forum's a huge apartment building and everything else is just chill!

Hawkeye City is a reboot of the classic SMBX webcomic The Idiotic Adventures of Hawkeyeone. My decision to reboot the series as Hawkeye City had to do with several characters, events, and other variables no longer being relevant in the SMBX community of today, and also because as a teenager, I've developed better planning, artistic, and writing skills. Be sure to check back often for new episodes!

Episode 1- The Letter
Episode: show
Episode 2- Hawkeyeone's Picture
Episode 3- Studio Visit
Episode 4- Valtteri Valterri
Episode 5- Business Aftermath
Episode 6- My Name is Knux
Episode 7- Trouble at the Artists' Meeting
Last edited by Hawkeyeone on Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:55 am, edited 10 times in total.

Danny
Mario
Mario
Chat Username: Syndrilevosse#3884

Re: Hawkeye City (New Hawkeyeone Comic! TIAOH Reboot)

Postby Danny » Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:13 pm

Hawkeyeone wrote:Q: What are some of the main differences between this series and TIAOH?
A: *Characters now have updated designs to give more complexity to their character. Hawkeyeone now has a nice head of hair.
*All rules involving characters per season and episodes per season have been abandoned. I will end and start seasons when I feel that the time is right.
*Colors are more complex and design-oriented than they were in TIAOH.
*Characters have more complex personalities.

Q: Will you be continuing The Idiotic Adventures of Hawkeyeone?
A: No. The original series will no longer be continued. The last TIAOH episode was Episode 77- Hawkeyeone the Artist: Part 2, which was uploaded to the now-extinct Privanna forums on June 30th, 2015. There was a rule in TIAOH that every season had to be 10 episodes long. I am aware that Season 8, the final season of TIAOH, was only 7, but I do not find a point in continuing the series for the sake of just ending it.

Q: Will Radu the Guy return?
A: No.
Essentially, these are things a reader wouldn't need to know or something they wouldn't care about in the first place. It's been a solid 2-3 years since TIAOH hit the ground, and since then we've spawned a whole new userbase entirely. I think at this point, not many people would remember much of what TIAOH was, so there isn't really a need to put all this unnecessary information here. Just a bit of advice.

And for more advice, I would recommend working on a better story for a first episode? It seems very short and doesn't explain much of what the series will be about. Also, I would refrain from using colors with a really high saturation, aka neon colors. You have a tendency of using harsh and clashing colors that don't really make things distinct either. Try toning down the saturation. I want to know which one looks more appealing to look at for you:
Spoiler: show
Image Image
Though I will admit the one on the right is pretty muted, it's still more appealing to look at than the clown vomit on the left.
I used to be 8bitmushroom but not anymore.
If you need to get in contact with me, message me on Discord, or find me at SMW Central's Discord server where I moderate.

Kley
Edge
Edge
Flair: Robot
Chat Username: Kley

Postby Kley » Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:26 pm

First issue wasn't too bad. Just waiting to see if this actually has a story line that will smoothly progress! I'll be monitoring this thread.

Hawkeyeone
Mega Mole
Mega Mole

Postby Hawkeyeone » Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:37 pm

Syndrilevosse wrote:
Hawkeyeone wrote:Q: What are some of the main differences between this series and TIAOH?
A: *Characters now have updated designs to give more complexity to their character. Hawkeyeone now has a nice head of hair.
*All rules involving characters per season and episodes per season have been abandoned. I will end and start seasons when I feel that the time is right.
*Colors are more complex and design-oriented than they were in TIAOH.
*Characters have more complex personalities.

Q: Will you be continuing The Idiotic Adventures of Hawkeyeone?
A: No. The original series will no longer be continued. The last TIAOH episode was Episode 77- Hawkeyeone the Artist: Part 2, which was uploaded to the now-extinct Privanna forums on June 30th, 2015. There was a rule in TIAOH that every season had to be 10 episodes long. I am aware that Season 8, the final season of TIAOH, was only 7, but I do not find a point in continuing the series for the sake of just ending it.

Q: Will Radu the Guy return?
A: No.
Essentially, these are things a reader wouldn't need to know or something they wouldn't care about in the first place. It's been a solid 2-3 years since TIAOH hit the ground, and since then we've spawned a whole new userbase entirely. I think at this point, not many people would remember much of what TIAOH was, so there isn't really a need to put all this unnecessary information here. Just a bit of advice.

And for more advice, I would recommend working on a better story for a first episode? It seems very short and doesn't explain much of what the series will be about. Also, I would refrain from using colors with a really high saturation, aka neon colors. You have a tendency of using harsh and clashing colors that don't really make things distinct either. Try toning down the saturation. I want to know which one looks more appealing to look at for you:
Spoiler: show
Image Image
Though I will admit the one on the right is pretty muted, it's still more appealing to look at than the clown vomit on the left.
1. You're supposed to know in the coming episodes more about the area and characters. This is a common theme of storytelling where you don't just barf out all the information in the first episode, and it keeps you in suspense.

2. I know my colors may seem saturated sometimes, and I do my best to not make them hard to look at, however, the vibrant colors are really just a part of the artstyle. Bleak muted colors wouldn't work well because you need the sufficient lights to fill up the darks. That picture is appealing to look at because there is a sufficient amount of shading. Shading would be hard to do in my comic artstyle, so me toning down the color levels in my comics by 50% would not make it more appealing to look at.

3. I wasn't going to have that FAQ forever. I needed to fill up some empty space in the post, but now we can also have this second FAQ I have just written.

FireyPaperMario
Peach
Peach
Flair: 90's kid born in late 1993 ^_^
Current Project: SEGA Genesis/Mega Drive GFXs
Chat Username: Shin FireyPaperMario

Postby FireyPaperMario » Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:53 am

I never even seen your original comics, but I do love the first issue of this reboot! ^.^')
(Mega Drive GFX Pack coming soon)
Mario RPG goals (62% of the goals completed)
My Pixiv
I'm autistic & have ADHD.

Hawkeyeone
Mega Mole
Mega Mole

Re: Hawkeye City (12/2/16- Hawkeyeone's Picture)

Postby Hawkeyeone » Sat Dec 03, 2016 12:59 am

Sorry it took a while. Enjoy! I uploaded this comic at about 11:59 PM.

PixelPest
Link
Link
Flair: Tamer of Boom Booms
Current Project: Boom Boom Evolution
Chat Username: PixelPest

Postby PixelPest » Sat Dec 03, 2016 8:13 am

I'm really enjoying these. Nice job

Kley
Edge
Edge

Postby Kley » Sat Dec 03, 2016 10:35 am

I've always said that I enjoy the emphasis you put on your characters body language and expressions. Still lurking this thread to see where this story may be going. Is this gonna have a plot, or is this just random episode to episode?

Amine Retro
Purple Yoshi Egg
Purple Yoshi Egg
Chat Username: Bench-kun

Postby Amine Retro » Sat Dec 03, 2016 11:03 am

stupid question, but what does TIAOH stand for?
my signature
my discord server. we have a WIP episode there too, so you can join if you're interested.
i support: show

Snessy the duck
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa
Current Project: idk lol

Postby Snessy the duck » Sat Dec 03, 2016 11:58 am

amine_retro wrote:stupid question, but what does TIAOH stand for?
The Idiotic Adventures Of Hawkeyeone, the name of his previous comic.

My Switch friend code: SW-5399-6466-3493

Amine Retro
Purple Yoshi Egg
Purple Yoshi Egg
Chat Username: Bench-kun

Postby Amine Retro » Sat Dec 03, 2016 12:08 pm

Snessy the duck wrote:
is it here somewhere in the forums? or in another forum? i don't seem to find it here...
my signature
my discord server. we have a WIP episode there too, so you can join if you're interested.
i support: show

Snessy the duck
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa
Current Project: idk lol

Postby Snessy the duck » Sat Dec 03, 2016 12:15 pm

amine_retro wrote:
Snessy the duck wrote:
is it here somewhere in the forums? or in another forum? i don't seem to find it here...
I don't know, maybe try asking Hawkeyeone?

My Switch friend code: SW-5399-6466-3493

Hawkeyeone
Mega Mole
Mega Mole

Postby Hawkeyeone » Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:21 pm

Snessy the duck wrote:
amine_retro wrote:
Snessy the duck wrote: The Idiotic Adventures Of Hawkeyeone, the name of his previous comic.
I don't know, maybe try asking Hawkeyeone?
Good question... There was a topic a long time ago from about 2013 or so. Honestly the comic is quite bumpy and since it was made over a period of three years with little regard to consistency, there's really drastic changes in tone, which I never thought about because I made it when I was like, 13. So I didn't really get that concept at then.

In other words, it's not that... Great. But there are a good amount of episodes that are quite nice. I will release a "Best of" pack someday.
Kley wrote:I've always said that I enjoy the emphasis you put on your characters body language and expressions. Still lurking this thread to see where this story may be going. Is this gonna have a plot, or is this just random episode to episode?
Good question. There will be a plot, but it's something I like to call a "standalone plot". This is where the episodes follow said plot, but they don't always address the last episode. That way, you can read the newest one without feeling lost, or if you haven't read it in a long time you won't have to catch up and binge-read every single episode.

So yes, there's a plot, and when the plot ends a new plot will then start with maybe simple stand-alone episodes in between.

Enchlore
Mega Mole
Mega Mole

Postby Enchlore » Sun Dec 04, 2016 11:28 am

Those album cover references are pretty swell.

Hawkeyeone
Mega Mole
Mega Mole

Re: Hawkeye City (12/10/16- Studio Visit)

Postby Hawkeyeone » Sun Dec 11, 2016 12:59 am

Hawkeyeone
Mega Mole
Mega Mole

Re: Hawkeye City (1/1/17- Valtteri Valterri)

Postby Hawkeyeone » Sun Jan 01, 2017 1:00 am

Nothing like a new episode on the stroke of the bell!(in my timezone, that is).

Enjoy!

Hawkeyeone
Mega Mole
Mega Mole

Re: Hawkeye City (3/2/17- Business Aftermath)

Postby Hawkeyeone » Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:30 pm

Kley
Edge
Edge

Postby Kley » Fri Mar 03, 2017 2:39 pm

Who's the new light green and dark purple guy from the last episode?

Rhosty
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa
Flair: All toasters toast toast
Current Project: Nothing
Chat Username: practical

Postby Rhosty » Fri Mar 03, 2017 2:42 pm

Kley wrote:Who's the new light green and dark purple guy from the last episode?
I think it's supposed to be you? The hair style looks awfully similar.

Knux
Nipper Plant
Nipper Plant

Postby Knux » Sun Mar 05, 2017 8:13 pm

Hawkeyeone wrote:Image
I have read this several times and I still do not get it.

Return to “Art Board”