WIP Graphics Showcase III

Share anything artistic that you've made, like short stories, drawings, and music.
User avatar
PROX
Boom Boom
Boom Boom
Posts: 1766
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 8:50 pm
Chat Username: PROX

Re: WIP Graphics Showcase III

Postby PROX » Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:36 am

Witchking666 wrote:
PROX wrote:So I decided to go a bit beyond my territory and started making lava graphics. The slopes will be fun to make later on x.x
Image
These look pretty good. I do recommend you to make the colours significantly brighter though.
Lava is a natural light source after all and these colours aren't bright and saturated enough to work properly as lava.
Another thing I suggest you to do is to slightly tone down on the amount of orange used near the bottom of the tiles. Kinda make the lighter colours "fade" into the red.
well yeah, I altered the colors slightly, and I like these a lot better. Also slopes! SLOPES!!!
Spoiler: show
Image
I believe and I accept Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. If you do, put this in your signature.

If it makes sense then it must make dollars

Youtube Channel: ProxyHax O.O

My Project (No logo yet): viewtopic.php?f=90&t=18321&start=20

My Graphics Pack:
Image

World Map Pack: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=20173

User avatar
Sancles-Chan
Silver Yoshi Egg
Silver Yoshi Egg
Posts: 1943
Joined: Wed Jan 01, 2014 6:50 am
Flair: I've defeated humor

Re: WIP Graphics Showcase III

Postby Sancles-Chan » Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:55 am

that looks even less like lava
Image
I go by She/Her for those who aren't aware yet.

User avatar
FireyPaperMario
Peach
Peach
Posts: 5468
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2014 1:39 pm
Flair: 90's kid born in late 1993 ^_^
Current Project: Too many things atm! Welp! :(
Chat Username: Shin FireyPaperMario
Contact:

Re: WIP Graphics Showcase III

Postby FireyPaperMario » Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:45 am

PROX wrote:
Witchking666 wrote:
PROX wrote:So I decided to go a bit beyond my territory and started making lava graphics. The slopes will be fun to make later on x.x
Image
These look pretty good. I do recommend you to make the colours significantly brighter though.
Lava is a natural light source after all and these colours aren't bright and saturated enough to work properly as lava.
Another thing I suggest you to do is to slightly tone down on the amount of orange used near the bottom of the tiles. Kinda make the lighter colours "fade" into the red.
well yeah, I altered the colors slightly, and I like these a lot better. Also slopes! SLOPES!!!
Spoiler: show
Image
Sanct wrote:that looks even less like lava
I'll have to agree with Sanct on this one. Looks like freaky dirt tiles
Custom Mega Drive playables (Mega Drive GFX Pack coming soon)
Mario RPG Goals (67% complete)
I have Autism & ADHD.
Pokémon Home: QRGBGBRYUKQD

User avatar
Turret 3471
Ripper II
Ripper II
Posts: 312
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2016 12:43 pm
Contact:

Re: WIP Graphics Showcase III

Postby Turret 3471 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:39 pm

Having a little trouble with how the slopes look, but I think everything else is looking pretty good so far.
Image
I support:
Spoiler: show
Image
Image
Image Image
Image
Image
Image OHNO

Gud quotes
Spoiler: show
Witchking666 wrote:that looks aweozme alwo, sorrt im ik a big drunk. i may have drunk a lttle rtoo muxj beer with erik.

kojimkj
Mega Mole
Mega Mole
Posts: 284
Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2016 2:17 pm
Flair: give PC
Current Project: Idk

Re: WIP Graphics Showcase III

Postby kojimkj » Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:28 pm

PROX wrote:So I decided to go a bit beyond my territory and started making lava graphics. The slopes will be fun to make later on x.x
Image
Looks like some grassy-like ground for me, I really recommend changing some of the colors for it to look more like lava.

Made (a long time ago, but there were only 12 tiles, so I just extended the tileset now) some SML inspired tileset with SMB1 palette + some other colors :

Image
Looks good?

Should I make it a tileset for SMBX?

I don't have a computer, my old one broke so I can't play SMBX or make sprites.

My GFXs packs :


ImageImageImageImageImageImage


Older, not so good packs :

Spoiler: show

ImageImageImage
Image

ehh

Image

cool gif by snessy the duck


User avatar
Oshi
Kamikaze Koopa
Kamikaze Koopa
Posts: 1211
Joined: Sun Aug 16, 2015 12:34 pm
Flair: Nothing interesting here, move along
Current Project: Not worth mentioning
Chat Username: Oshi#3433

Re: WIP Graphics Showcase III

Postby Oshi » Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:34 pm

kojimkj wrote:rs :

Image

Slopes?
If you are interested in Mafia, RTD, or DnD, please check out Minigame Plaza. Unfortunately the server has been declining recently, and we would like people like you to join.
Spoiler: show
godblessamerica21 wrote: when i get mod your ass is grass amigo
projects I support: show
Image
Image

User avatar
Turret 3471
Ripper II
Ripper II
Posts: 312
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2016 12:43 pm
Contact:

Re: WIP Graphics Showcase III

Postby Turret 3471 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:28 pm

kojimkj wrote:Made (a long time ago, but there were only 12 tiles, so I just extended the tileset now) some SML inspired tileset with SMB1 palette + some other colors :

Image
Looks good?

Should I make it a tileset for SMBX?
Looks good indeed! Sorta reminds me of Super Mario 3D Land, for some reason. Other than that, great usage of the SMB1 color palette! Looks like an actual tileset that would work well in a Mario game. (my gosh, that snow tileset is just too good!)
I support:
Spoiler: show
Image
Image
Image Image
Image
Image
Image OHNO

Gud quotes
Spoiler: show
Witchking666 wrote:that looks aweozme alwo, sorrt im ik a big drunk. i may have drunk a lttle rtoo muxj beer with erik.

User avatar
FireyPaperMario
Peach
Peach
Posts: 5468
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2014 1:39 pm
Flair: 90's kid born in late 1993 ^_^
Current Project: Too many things atm! Welp! :(
Chat Username: Shin FireyPaperMario
Contact:

Re: WIP Graphics Showcase III

Postby FireyPaperMario » Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:11 am

kojimkj wrote:Made (a long time ago, but there were only 12 tiles, so I just extended the tileset now) some SML inspired tileset with SMB1 palette + some other colors :

Image
Looks good?

Should I make it a tileset for SMBX?
Sweet tiles man, how about so SML2: 6 Golden Coins inspired tilesets! ;)
Custom Mega Drive playables (Mega Drive GFX Pack coming soon)
Mario RPG Goals (67% complete)
I have Autism & ADHD.
Pokémon Home: QRGBGBRYUKQD

User avatar
Snessy the duck
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa
Posts: 2700
Joined: Sat Sep 20, 2014 6:04 am
Current Project: idk lol

Re: WIP Graphics Showcase III

Postby Snessy the duck » Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:22 am

kojimkj wrote:Made (a long time ago, but there were only 12 tiles, so I just extended the tileset now) some SML inspired tileset with SMB1 palette + some other colors :

Image
Looks good?

Should I make it a tileset for SMBX?
That looks pretty nice, reminds me a bit of Mario Vs. Donkey Kong. Some slopes would definitely be nice tho. Also yes please port it to SMBX.
Image

My Switch friend code: SW-5399-6466-3493

Image

User avatar
Witchking666
Silver Yoshi Egg
Silver Yoshi Egg
Posts: 1770
Joined: Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:47 am
Current Project: Mario & Luigi: Quest of Fear

Re: WIP Graphics Showcase III

Postby Witchking666 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:56 pm

So, I decided to make these:
Image
They are based on the giant gears from the first castle of New Super Mario Bros Wii in case you hadn't figured that out yet.
Feedback is, as always, greatly appreciated.
I'm tired of this back-slapping "Isn't humanity neat?" bullshit. We're a virus with shoes, okay? That's all we are.
Bill Hicks.


Check out my stuff:
Spoiler: show
Image.
Image

User avatar
Natsu
Wart
Wart
Posts: 3012
Joined: Sat Dec 21, 2013 2:40 pm
Current Project: It's a secret to everybody ...
Chat Username: Shane

Re: WIP Graphics Showcase III

Postby Natsu » Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:59 pm

I haven't checked it in full detail but from the looks of it the shading is nice and the design really cool. Now all we need is someone to code a fully functional rotating gear that you can stand on.
Discord quotes
Trace: You're a capable boi

User avatar
Hani
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus
Posts: 564
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2015 6:34 pm
Flair: Spring 봄

Re: WIP Graphics Showcase III

Postby Hani » Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:15 pm

Image
Image

MECHDRAGON777
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg
Posts: 6216
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2013 6:40 pm
Flair: Nuclear Queen of Reversion.
Current Project: http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... 9&start=10
Chat Username: 鬼人 正邪
Contact:

Re: WIP Graphics Showcase III

Postby MECHDRAGON777 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:21 pm

Witchking666 wrote:So, I decided to make these:
Image
They are based on the giant gears from the first castle of New Super Mario Bros Wii in case you hadn't figured that out yet.
Feedback is, as always, greatly appreciated.
NaviGator wrote:I haven't checked it in full detail but from the looks of it the shading is nice and the design really cool. Now all we need is someone to code a fully functional rotating gear that you can stand on.
Well, not sure on the programming end, but I wonder if it could be simulated?

ImageImageImage

Image

User avatar
PROX
Boom Boom
Boom Boom
Posts: 1766
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 8:50 pm
Chat Username: PROX

Re: WIP Graphics Showcase III

Postby PROX » Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:41 pm

Witchking666 wrote:So, I decided to make these:
Image
They are based on the giant gears from the first castle of New Super Mario Bros Wii in case you hadn't figured that out yet.
Feedback is, as always, greatly appreciated.
As previously stated on discord, this is really good, but yeah hopefully someone finds a way to implement it.
Last edited by PROX on Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I believe and I accept Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. If you do, put this in your signature.

If it makes sense then it must make dollars

Youtube Channel: ProxyHax O.O

My Project (No logo yet): viewtopic.php?f=90&t=18321&start=20

My Graphics Pack:
Image

World Map Pack: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=20173

User avatar
Witchking666
Silver Yoshi Egg
Silver Yoshi Egg
Posts: 1770
Joined: Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:47 am
Current Project: Mario & Luigi: Quest of Fear

Re: WIP Graphics Showcase III

Postby Witchking666 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:03 am

Hani wrote:Image
That's looking great so far! I wonder what it is supposed to be though since it could work as a desert, cave, mountain and an asteroid.
I'm tired of this back-slapping "Isn't humanity neat?" bullshit. We're a virus with shoes, okay? That's all we are.
Bill Hicks.


Check out my stuff:
Spoiler: show
Image.
Image

User avatar
FireyPaperMario
Peach
Peach
Posts: 5468
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2014 1:39 pm
Flair: 90's kid born in late 1993 ^_^
Current Project: Too many things atm! Welp! :(
Chat Username: Shin FireyPaperMario
Contact:

Re: WIP Graphics Showcase III

Postby FireyPaperMario » Thu Nov 02, 2017 4:33 pm

Witchking666 wrote:So, I decided to make these:
Image
They are based on the giant gears from the first castle of New Super Mario Bros Wii in case you hadn't figured that out yet.
Feedback is, as always, greatly appreciated.
I see that porting New Super Mario Bros. Wii tiles in smbx is a fine idea! ;)
Custom Mega Drive playables (Mega Drive GFX Pack coming soon)
Mario RPG Goals (67% complete)
I have Autism & ADHD.
Pokémon Home: QRGBGBRYUKQD

User avatar
Oshi
Kamikaze Koopa
Kamikaze Koopa
Posts: 1211
Joined: Sun Aug 16, 2015 12:34 pm
Flair: Nothing interesting here, move along
Current Project: Not worth mentioning
Chat Username: Oshi#3433

Re: WIP Graphics Showcase III

Postby Oshi » Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:45 pm

I am attempting to do some custom graphics and I was wondering if I was doing it correctly:

Image

Gee I can't wait for slopes
If you are interested in Mafia, RTD, or DnD, please check out Minigame Plaza. Unfortunately the server has been declining recently, and we would like people like you to join.
Spoiler: show
godblessamerica21 wrote: when i get mod your ass is grass amigo
projects I support: show
Image
Image

User avatar
Turret 3471
Ripper II
Ripper II
Posts: 312
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2016 12:43 pm
Contact:

Re: WIP Graphics Showcase III

Postby Turret 3471 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 1:31 pm

Musicality_Minister45 wrote:I am attempting to do some custom graphics and I was wondering if I was doing it correctly:

Image

Gee I can't wait for slopes
Looks good, though I can tell it's using 1x1 pixels, which aren't SMBX compatible. Instead of working with the usual 32x32 space used for typical SMBX blocks or BGs, try working in a 16x16 space, then when you're done scale the custom graphics up to 32x32 (basically twice the size of 16x16) to make it work in SMBX. That way instead of having 1x1 pixels, you'll have the 2x2 pixels that everyone uses for SMBX.
I support:
Spoiler: show
Image
Image
Image Image
Image
Image
Image OHNO

Gud quotes
Spoiler: show
Witchking666 wrote:that looks aweozme alwo, sorrt im ik a big drunk. i may have drunk a lttle rtoo muxj beer with erik.

User avatar
PROX
Boom Boom
Boom Boom
Posts: 1766
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 8:50 pm
Chat Username: PROX

Re: WIP Graphics Showcase III

Postby PROX » Sat Nov 04, 2017 1:50 pm

so I decided to continue with my world map tilesets. I redid the desert one because it was horrible before. I also fixed up a bit of tiles for the grass and forest ones.
Spoiler: show
Image
I believe and I accept Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. If you do, put this in your signature.

If it makes sense then it must make dollars

Youtube Channel: ProxyHax O.O

My Project (No logo yet): viewtopic.php?f=90&t=18321&start=20

My Graphics Pack:
Image

World Map Pack: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=20173

User avatar
Oshi
Kamikaze Koopa
Kamikaze Koopa
Posts: 1211
Joined: Sun Aug 16, 2015 12:34 pm
Flair: Nothing interesting here, move along
Current Project: Not worth mentioning
Chat Username: Oshi#3433

Re: WIP Graphics Showcase III

Postby Oshi » Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:19 pm

Turret 3471 wrote:
Musicality_Minister45 wrote:I am attempting to do some custom graphics and I was wondering if I was doing it correctly:

Image

Gee I can't wait for slopes
Looks good, though I can tell it's using 1x1 pixels, which aren't SMBX compatible. Instead of working with the usual 32x32 space used for typical SMBX blocks or BGs, try working in a 16x16 space, then when you're done scale the custom graphics up to 32x32 (basically twice the size of 16x16) to make it work in SMBX. That way instead of having 1x1 pixels, you'll have the 2x2 pixels that everyone uses for SMBX.
Thanks for the criticism! I will apply this asap
If you are interested in Mafia, RTD, or DnD, please check out Minigame Plaza. Unfortunately the server has been declining recently, and we would like people like you to join.
Spoiler: show
godblessamerica21 wrote: when i get mod your ass is grass amigo
projects I support: show
Image
Image


Return to “Art Board”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest