WIP Graphics Showcase III

Share anything artistic that you've made, like short stories, drawings, and music.
Mushroom King
Monty Mole
Monty Mole
Posts: 144
Joined: Sun May 25, 2014 5:09 am

Re: WIP Graphics Showcase III

Postby Mushroom King » Sun Feb 03, 2019 5:41 am

Yes. I just need to finish more npc in this style to be enough for a release pack.

User avatar
chuckster
Ninji
Ninji
Posts: 907
Joined: Fri Apr 15, 2016 1:41 am
Flair: formerly theloaflord

Re: WIP Graphics Showcase III

Postby chuckster » Sun Feb 03, 2019 6:38 am

So. After making my practice tileset seen 1 page prior, I decided to try again. This is the result so far, still very W.I.P.
Image

Mushroom King
Monty Mole
Monty Mole
Posts: 144
Joined: Sun May 25, 2014 5:09 am

Re: WIP Graphics Showcase III

Postby Mushroom King » Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:54 pm

I know I said I will be working on npc but tileset and blocks are more easy to do.

Image

User avatar
Eri7
Banned
Posts: 1770
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2017 4:48 pm
Flair: Good Foundation allows for strong Execution
Contact:

Re: WIP Graphics Showcase III

Postby Eri7 » Tue Feb 05, 2019 3:11 am

Mushroom King wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:54 pm
I know I said I will be working on npc but tileset and blocks are more easy to do.

Image
This looks nice. Where did you get inspiration for the style?

User avatar
Taycamgame
Gold Yoshi Egg
Gold Yoshi Egg
Posts: 1466
Joined: Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:35 am
Flair: Stargard
Contact:

Re: WIP Graphics Showcase III

Postby Taycamgame » Tue Feb 05, 2019 3:32 am

Eri7 wrote:
Tue Feb 05, 2019 3:11 am
Mushroom King wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:54 pm
I know I said I will be working on npc but tileset and blocks are more easy to do.

Image
This looks nice. Where did you get inspiration for the style?
Most likely NSMB2, based on the colours.
Image
Image

It is given that x = 5. What is the value of y?

Mushroom King
Monty Mole
Monty Mole
Posts: 144
Joined: Sun May 25, 2014 5:09 am

Re: WIP Graphics Showcase III

Postby Mushroom King » Tue Feb 05, 2019 3:42 am

Yes, pretty much. It's all about building colors palette and replacing the outline, while editing what need to be changed when you got a base to work on. It's more difficult with npc but not that much for simple block or anything with a basic shape like a pipe.

User avatar
FireyPaperMario
Wart
Wart
Posts: 6179
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2014 1:39 pm
Flair: 90's kid born in late 1993 ^_^"
Pronouns: He/Him
Contact:

Re: WIP Graphics Showcase III

Postby FireyPaperMario » Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:42 am

Original version of my SEGA Genesis/Mega Drive cave tileset:
Image

Edited version of the same cave tileset:
Image

What's new about these tiles? I added a few Blue & Cyan color cave tiles that are meant to replace SMB2 USA cave graphics. Whatcha think?
My Pixiv
Mario RPG Goals (62% of them Done)
Custom Mega Drive playable sprites
Sega Mega Drive GFX Pack

Best Quotes: show
8bitmushroom wrote: No creativeness.

Never released an episode anyway.

Never plan to right now, but maybe in the future.
Idunn wrote: That’s how evolution works, nothing disturbing about it.
I'm autistic & have ADHD, big whoop! Wanna fight about it?

Mushroom King
Monty Mole
Monty Mole
Posts: 144
Joined: Sun May 25, 2014 5:09 am

Re: WIP Graphics Showcase III

Postby Mushroom King » Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:40 am

I feel like they're more Master System than Genesis to be honest.

User avatar
FireyPaperMario
Wart
Wart
Posts: 6179
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2014 1:39 pm
Flair: 90's kid born in late 1993 ^_^"
Pronouns: He/Him
Contact:

Re: WIP Graphics Showcase III

Postby FireyPaperMario » Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:56 am

Mushroom King wrote:
Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:40 am
I feel like they're more Master System than Genesis to be honest.
Come to think of it, yeah... The cyan cave tiles looks like something from a SEGA Master System game. Still new to 16-bit art
My Pixiv
Mario RPG Goals (62% of them Done)
Custom Mega Drive playable sprites
Sega Mega Drive GFX Pack

Best Quotes: show
8bitmushroom wrote: No creativeness.

Never released an episode anyway.

Never plan to right now, but maybe in the future.
Idunn wrote: That’s how evolution works, nothing disturbing about it.
I'm autistic & have ADHD, big whoop! Wanna fight about it?

Mushroom King
Monty Mole
Monty Mole
Posts: 144
Joined: Sun May 25, 2014 5:09 am

Re: WIP Graphics Showcase III

Postby Mushroom King » Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:26 am

I would advice you to use more shade of colors for a smoother contrast and to avoid black/really dark grey beside outlining the external shape.

User avatar
FireyPaperMario
Wart
Wart
Posts: 6179
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2014 1:39 pm
Flair: 90's kid born in late 1993 ^_^"
Pronouns: He/Him
Contact:

Re: WIP Graphics Showcase III

Postby FireyPaperMario » Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:28 am

Mushroom King wrote:
Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:26 am
I would advice you to use more shade of colors for a smoother contrast and to avoid black/really dark grey beside outlining the external shape.
Okay, I'll get right on it rn. Thanks for noticing
My Pixiv
Mario RPG Goals (62% of them Done)
Custom Mega Drive playable sprites
Sega Mega Drive GFX Pack

Best Quotes: show
8bitmushroom wrote: No creativeness.

Never released an episode anyway.

Never plan to right now, but maybe in the future.
Idunn wrote: That’s how evolution works, nothing disturbing about it.
I'm autistic & have ADHD, big whoop! Wanna fight about it?

User avatar
ArcyTheAtrocious
Bit
Bit
Posts: 61
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:10 am
Flair: Imaginative
Contact:

Re: WIP Graphics Showcase III

Postby ArcyTheAtrocious » Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:23 am

Am i safe to post my (unreleased as of yet) SMBX graphics here?

Image

I'm replacing every NPC sprite with Dream Team, Paper Jam, Superstar Saga DX and Bowser's Inside Story DX sprites here. As of now, I'm currently in progress of replacing every Goomba species.

And currently, I'm holding a "milestone" that if my Ludwig sprite reaches 20 downloads, I will release the next 3D Sprite for SMBX. (The Ludwig Sprite is in my signature, feel free to use it)

Sprites are owned by AlphaDream and Nintendo, by the way.

User avatar
Eri7
Banned
Posts: 1770
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2017 4:48 pm
Flair: Good Foundation allows for strong Execution
Contact:

Re: WIP Graphics Showcase III

Postby Eri7 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:33 am

FireyPaperMario wrote:
Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:42 am
Original version of my SEGA Genesis/Mega Drive cave tileset:
Image

Edited version of the same cave tileset:
Image

What's new about these tiles? I added a few Blue & Cyan color cave tiles that are meant to replace SMB2 USA cave graphics. Whatcha think?
It looks really nice but is it supposed to be 8-bit or 16-bit?

User avatar
Amine Retro
Purple Yoshi Egg
Purple Yoshi Egg
Posts: 520
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2016 7:20 am

Re: WIP Graphics Showcase III

Postby Amine Retro » Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:34 am

ArcyTheAtrocious wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:23 am
Am i safe to post my (unreleased as of yet) SMBX graphics here?
yes, that's the whole premise of the thread
But why did you take a screenshot of them on your folders
my signature
i support: show
Image

User avatar
FireyPaperMario
Wart
Wart
Posts: 6179
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2014 1:39 pm
Flair: 90's kid born in late 1993 ^_^"
Pronouns: He/Him
Contact:

Re: WIP Graphics Showcase III

Postby FireyPaperMario » Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:39 am

Eri7 wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:33 am
It looks really nice but is it supposed to be 8-bit or 16-bit?
I made these with the colors from the 16-bit SEGA Mega Drive/Genesis color palette. I'm pretty sure they're 16-bit… But I might be wrong!

P.S. I'm trying to recreate the cyan cave tiles in a different pattern.
My Pixiv
Mario RPG Goals (62% of them Done)
Custom Mega Drive playable sprites
Sega Mega Drive GFX Pack

Best Quotes: show
8bitmushroom wrote: No creativeness.

Never released an episode anyway.

Never plan to right now, but maybe in the future.
Idunn wrote: That’s how evolution works, nothing disturbing about it.
I'm autistic & have ADHD, big whoop! Wanna fight about it?

User avatar
ArcyTheAtrocious
Bit
Bit
Posts: 61
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:10 am
Flair: Imaginative
Contact:

Re: WIP Graphics Showcase III

Postby ArcyTheAtrocious » Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:50 am

Amine Retro wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:34 am
But why did you take a screenshot of them on your folders
Lol, much like a teaser screenshot? :lol:

User avatar
Amine Retro
Purple Yoshi Egg
Purple Yoshi Egg
Posts: 520
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2016 7:20 am

Re: WIP Graphics Showcase III

Postby Amine Retro » Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:07 am

ArcyTheAtrocious wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:50 am
Amine Retro wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:34 am
But why did you take a screenshot of them on your folders
Lol, much like a teaser screenshot? :lol:
then why not tease them in a much better form
my signature
i support: show
Image

User avatar
ArcyTheAtrocious
Bit
Bit
Posts: 61
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:10 am
Flair: Imaginative
Contact:

Re: WIP Graphics Showcase III

Postby ArcyTheAtrocious » Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:31 am

Amine Retro wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:07 am
ArcyTheAtrocious wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:50 am
Amine Retro wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:34 am
But why did you take a screenshot of them on your folders
Lol, much like a teaser screenshot? :lol:
then why not tease them in a much better form
Eh, nobody's perfect and i don't see anything wrong about it, but i'll try better next time. Maybe if I may ask that you wanna see, download, and try my Ludwig sprite in the signature?

PixelPest
Raccoon Mario
Raccoon Mario
Posts: 7112
Joined: Sun Jul 12, 2015 5:38 pm
Flair: Tamer of Boom Booms
Contact:

Re: WIP Graphics Showcase III

Postby PixelPest » Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:44 am

ArcyTheAtrocious wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:31 am
Amine Retro wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:07 am
ArcyTheAtrocious wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:50 am

Lol, much like a teaser screenshot? :lol:
then why not tease them in a much better form
Eh, nobody's perfect and i don't see anything wrong about it, but i'll try better next time. Maybe if I may ask that you wanna see, download, and try my Ludwig sprite in the signature?
The general idea of this thread is to get feedback on unfinished graphics, so instead of just screenshotting the folder it would be much better if you actually uploaded the individual images

User avatar
ArcyTheAtrocious
Bit
Bit
Posts: 61
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:10 am
Flair: Imaginative
Contact:

Re: WIP Graphics Showcase III

Postby ArcyTheAtrocious » Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:58 am

PixelPest wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:44 am
The general idea of this thread is to get feedback on unfinished graphics, so instead of just screenshotting the folder it would be much better if you actually uploaded the individual images
Ohh i got it now thanks.


Return to “Art Board”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests